Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
psh get tp bonus on that moonshade

doesn't do much for my amano CHIEF
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-19 23:06:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm winning Rank 1 Mog Bonazna for this very reason.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-19 23:08:23
Link | Citer | R

rawr

melaco mittens plz
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-19 23:09:49
Link | Citer | R

:(
 Asura.Chefm
Serveur: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2011-05-19 23:34:29
Link | Citer | R

How much Store Tp do you need for a Masammune 4 hit agian? with your 5 merits in TP already ?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-19 23:58:23
Link | Citer | R

four-hit is impossible without a corsair doing samurai roll (needs to be an eleven too or else it isn't enough), five-hit is possible in gear with 437 delay via-

55 store tp, 21.0% return per hit; allows you to weapon skill in anything, with the exceptions of rose strap, brutal earring and rajas ring being staple on them

ps: wear brutal and rajas on the right for a 76.45% damage boost
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-05-20 00:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xlide said:
Saw this post on the main page, and was like "Has to be a Nabis thread."
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2011-05-20 00:22:37
Link | Citer | R

atma : Atma of the Plaguebringer Stp+20 , Atma of the Scorpion Queen stp+ 20, RR for Crits more Tp .. This is about +110 Stp /w 18% haste till .. How about that?
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-20 00:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Need 226 stp for a 4 hit, unless I'm doing tired retard math.

126. There we go.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-05-20 00:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Thats awesome
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-20 01:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chefm said:
How about that?

that works as far as a legitimate four-hit goes without a corsair, but it also requires you to take a giant hit toward your standard tp accumulation, via no 15% triple attack from not having apocalypse atma equipped, a good, what, ~70 attack behind voracious violet paired with atheling mantle, as well as 8% double attack, and last but not least, being a full 8% haste in gear behind the standard ideal customization for samurai inside abyssea, as mentioned earlier in the thread

in short, i shouldn't even need to give you the math, for it's fairly apparent a four-hit's not worth the hassle, though even still, for strictly abyssea (given your justification of atmas), you should be playing warrior anywho
 Quetzalcoatl.Mrromance
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: romance
By Quetzalcoatl.Mrromance 2011-05-20 02:20:29
Link | Citer | R

/sigh
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-20 02:22:02
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
psh get tp bonus on that moonshade
doesn't do much for my amano CHIEF
I'd like to know why you think 90 amano is so close as is... kaiten is does about the same dmg as a 100% fudo and well masa's ODD>>> amanos
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-20 02:46:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I'd like to know why you think 90 amano is so close as is... kaiten is does about the same dmg as a 100% fudo and well masa's ODD>>> amanos

i've been swaying between both weapons as of late for kicks, and as far as 100% goes, i'm only ever ending up with kaiten doing better damage every single time pretty much; hell, even look at the ftp totals on each side, then throw the 25% onto kaiten; boom

aftermath's a given in masabro's corner, but seeing how kaiten's store tp allows me to remove tactical mantle accordingly, as well as the 7-8% x2.5 damage being overlooked heavily in comparisons, well, to be blunt, they really are just that damn close

that, and it'll be put even further into bromanomurakumo's favor as we get higher in level, since i'm fairly certain they stated in that one jp thread on the official forums only after the latest level increase, that relics/mythics would be receiving boosts so that they don't pale in comparison to their according empyrean counterparts
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-20 03:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

i've been swaying between both weapons as of late for kicks, and as far as 100% goes, i'm only ever ending up with kaiten doing better damage every single time pretty much; hell, even look at the ftp totals on each side, then throw the 25% onto kaiten; boom

aftermath's a given in masabro's corner, but seeing how kaiten's store tp allows me to remove tactical mantle accordingly, as well as the 7-8% x2.5 damage being overlooked heavily in comparisons, well, to be blunt, they really are just that damn close

that, and it'll be put even further into bromanomurakumo's favor as we get higher in level, since i'm fairly certain they stated in that one jp thread on the official forums only after the latest level increase, that relics/mythics would be receiving boosts so that they don't pale in comparison to their according empyrean counterparts

What's the ftp on kaiten with 90 amano?
I see that catastrophe was raised from 2,75 to 4, were kaiten raised up from 3 to 4 aswell?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-20 04:28:27
Link | Citer | R

zing (had to go digging)

tl;dr: the 25% boost is not a direct ftp boost, it's literally an entirely new factor, hence why it's so delicious

i checked wiki to see where you got the 2.75>4.0 ftp idea from, and sure enough, it was there without even a verification stamp on it DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD::::::::::::::
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-05-20 07:00:22
Link | Citer | R

zing (had to go digging) tl;dr: the 25% boost is not a direct ftp boost, it's literally an entirely new factor, hence why it's so delicious i checked wiki to see where you got the 2.75>4.0 ftp idea from, and sure enough, it was there without even a verification stamp on it DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD::::::::::::::
Why they made cata a 4.0ftp as thats a 45% increase idk and seems incorrect, but its 5am and Im not mathing something out atm..
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-20 07:04:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said:
zing (had to go digging) tl;dr: the 25% boost is not a direct ftp boost, it's literally an entirely new factor, hence why it's so delicious i checked wiki to see where you got the 2.75>4.0 ftp idea from, and sure enough, it was there without even a verification stamp on it DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD::::::::::::::
Why they made cata a 4.0ftp as thats a 45% increase idk and seems incorrect, but its 5am and Im not mathing something out atm..

It does seem really high, but from what I've seen, cata does really well with 90 apoc <_>
But that's just eyeballing >_> so yeah lol
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-05-20 07:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
It does seem really high, but from what I've seen, cata does really well with 90 apoc <_> But that's just eyeballing >_> so yeah lol
Hey dont get me wrong, I was one of the ones vouching for Apoc still!
However I didnt reply back on the thread because I knew id probably have to bite my tongue about any small advantages an Apoc user could make with gear that I was going to comment on and compare but sure enough new useful gear came out, and with the LR bonus calad users benefit just aswell. So, Im glad I waited that out.

I stand by my point though, getting the full use of the accuracy from Apoc makes it a better weapon. And I was right, SE brought out some mobs that are really evasive(Vampyr and Krab have a mean evasive level), Im pretty sure theyll continue to do so provided that the endgame players comment on having difficult mobs still at 99.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-20 08:52:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
i've been swaying between both weapons as of late for kicks, and as far as 100% goes, i'm only ever ending up with kaiten doing better damage every single time pretty much; hell, even look at the ftp totals on each side, then throw the 25% onto kaiten;
That's what I was looking at.

3.65 ftp vs 3 *1.25 ~ 3.75. Small difference that is made up with just a 10% tp overflow on fudo (ie any triple/da procs at the end or having to wait for any reason). Or use tp bonus earring and bam bump it up to 3.9 from just that. Or use tp bonus atma for like 27% increase in dmg etc etc etc

Masa on ws will have another 6-7 base dmg thanks to str and slightly higher att too.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-05-20 09:24:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
That's what I was looking at. 3.65 ftp vs 3 *1.25 ~ 3.75. Small difference that is made up with just a 10% tp overflow on fudo (ie any triple/da procs at the end or having to wait for any reason). Or use tp bonus earring and bam bump it up to 3.9 from just that. Or use tp bonus atma for like 27% increase in dmg etc etc etc Masa on ws will have another 6-7 base dmg thanks to str and slightly higher att too.
Inside of abyssea, realistically youre looking at a 4.3ftp average on fudo due to atmas/tpoverflow/earring
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-20 22:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
That's what I was looking at. 3.65 ftp vs 3 *1.25 ~ 3.75. Small difference that is made up with just a 10% tp overflow on fudo (ie any triple/da procs at the end or having to wait for any reason). Or use tp bonus earring and bam bump it up to 3.9 from just that. Or use tp bonus atma for like 27% increase in dmg etc etc etc Masa on ws will have another 6-7 base dmg thanks to str and slightly higher att too.
Inside of abyssea, realistically youre looking at a 4.3ftp average on fudo due to atmas/tpoverflow/earring
Oh I know that. I was just saying worse case scenario just doing the ftp and the dmg bonus. Of course kaiten will benefit slightly more from the increase in ftp from ta/da procs and gorget/belts too but meh.