Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-15 00:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
NIN, as NIN actually loses quite a bit in leaving Abyssea (*** AGI mod on Hi...).
Is Blade: Hi really that bad outside? Cuz the other day I was doing dyna-xarc and all the Blade:Hi NINs was doing 1.9k~2k WS dmg with Rogue's roll, while most other DDs can't even break 1k.
Um maybe your other DDs suck... Haven't done namis recently but 1k wasn't that great at 75
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-04-15 00:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
NIN, as NIN actually loses quite a bit in leaving Abyssea (*** AGI mod on Hi...).
Is Blade: Hi really that bad outside? Cuz the other day I was doing dyna-xarc and all the Blade:Hi NINs was doing 1.9k~2k WS dmg with Rogue's roll, while most other DDs can't even break 1k.
Um maybe your other DDs suck... Haven't done namis recently but 1k wasn't that great at 75

Ice Zone mobs sucked bad dude. I wasn't satisfied with my raging rush numbers. That at the time was like... Standard Turban/Dusk Build w/ Haidate/Hauberk+1/Bomblet/PCC/Perdu GAXE with Heca Cap/Hands/Feet etc. At 75

I'm not sure how it is at 90.. Probably would rape them pretty easy.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-15 00:50:22
Link | Citer | R

yeah lvl correct was lame but shouldn't be an issue now.
 Ragnarok.Amador
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-04-20 17:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Hi,

This is by no means a fact, but something I heard once.

Is it true that for Mythic Aftermath's you have to continue to WS at 300% for the DA effect?

I heard that if you WS at 100%, after having used a WS at 300% your Aftermath would then be replaced by the 100% Effect.

This is also observable in Relic Weapons, where you can overwrite your aftermath effect by using the WS several times one after the other.

From my personal experience with a DRG named Roby on Ragnarok server back in the day, he never bothered to WS at 300%, and would always WS as soon as possible. He didn't really speak a lot of english. After a while, he was seen wearing Valkyari's Fork in EXP/Events and only really idling in his Ryuno x.x;

As far as the Jumps go, when I did exp with him, they didn't seem enhanced in terms of greater attack or damage, just simply that they were crit, but not at a 100% rate, some of his jumps were low end, however that could of been due to a miss+da.

As far as the WS boost, it's pretty nice +15% is a really nice addition to the damage it provides. Now, if the above holds true, that the aftermath does overwrite itself, having to wait for 300% TP would more than likely turn into a chore, you'd also lose the practicality of using Sekkanoki and such tactics.

As far as this Ryuno vs. Ukon story goes, you're right. Ukon would more than likely win out, not just based on Ukon alone, but on what WAR has become as of late.

Rhongmiant 90, vs Ukon 90 would be a better test. The Occ Deals Double Damage has been overlooked on Rhongmiant, and most of the DRG community is adamant that it isn't all that great. However, what Rhongmiant slightly loses in WS power it's more than compensated in with the ODD. It requires an appropriate build, not an amature build which incorpates less than adequate pieces into the equation: IE: WSing in certain Hydra pieces. There's also no need to maintain or watch over a aftermath, since the duration is quite good. You could easily swap over to Drakesbane if you wished to do so.

DRG lacks a lot of attack that most other jobs have, what gives jobs that can use /WAR the edge on WS power with Empyrean and or other is the simple fact that they get a free +10% DA, and an +150 or so attack boost. Attack isn't capped on most mobs, regardless of level, especially in Abyssea.

Gungnir was improved as well quite a bit, the damage boost it gained is pretty large, and with the modifier it has it makes it so that stacking AGI over STR and then ATK is the way to go. The same would hold true for Rhongmiant.

Let's also not forget, that our set bonus with AF3+2, does stack with the ODD and ODT of Rhongmiant and Gungnir, making it extra sweet when you suddenly slap a monster with a 2.5k critical hit, or jump.

I also believe that these ODD and ODT can proc on a WS that double attacks, which would add an additional bit of sweetness. Unfortunately that's something which Ryunohige lacks.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-20 17:24:54
Link | Citer | R

Speaking from the perspective of Almace, 100% aftermath doesn't overwrite 300% aftermath. ODD doesn't proc on WS either.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-21 22:06:47
Link | Citer | R

A few notes:

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Is it true that for Mythic Aftermath's you have to continue to WS at 300% for the DA effect?

I heard that if you WS at 100%, after having used a WS at 300% your Aftermath would then be replaced by the 100% Effect.

These aftermaths do not overwrite. It's actually irritating that you can't overwrite a 100tp with a 300tp.

Ragnarok.Amador said:
From my personal experience with a DRG named Roby on Ragnarok server back in the day, he never bothered to WS at 300%, and would always WS as soon as possible. He didn't really speak a lot of english. After a while, he was seen wearing Valkyari's Fork in EXP/Events and only really idling in his Ryuno x.x;

As far as the Jumps go, when I did exp with him, they didn't seem enhanced in terms of greater attack or damage, just simply that they were crit, but not at a 100% rate, some of his jumps were low end, however that could of been due to a miss+da.

Ryu is a weapon that requires exceptional timing and planning to master. We obviously don't have many users to go on but judging a weapon by a single owner and no test data won't provide a clear picture. One needs to understand how the weapon works to use it to it's fullest potential. Also when was this? There were a couple of improvements to Ryu and I can only assume it wasn't a level 90 when you saw it used because if the guy was wearing a valkyrie's fork at 90 he's more than a tard.

Ragnarok.Amador said:
As far as the WS boost, it's pretty nice +15% is a really nice addition to the damage it provides. Now, if the above holds true, that the aftermath does overwrite itself, having to wait for 300% TP would more than likely turn into a chore, you'd also lose the practicality of using Sekkanoki and such tactics.
15% to our most powerful ws is certainly awesome and since it does not overwrite and lasts for 3 minutes, it is an amazing bonus so long as you have a mob to tp on to keep aftermath up constantly. The more downtime, the faster other weapons will pull ahead.

Ragnarok.Amador said:
As far as this Ryuno vs. Ukon story goes, you're right. Ukon would more than likely win out, not just based on Ukon alone, but on what WAR has become as of late.
Did you read the thread? It was mathed out that Ryu wins hands down based on what we know currently. That could change provided any serious testing changes any of what we base our data on. War is a beast but Ryu as a weapon is far better and makes up for the difference and some. Did you read that wyverns get aftermath or that the OAT on ryu is 50% and not 40?

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Rhongmiant 90, vs Ukon 90 would be a better test. The Occ Deals Double Damage has been overlooked on Rhongmiant, and most of the DRG community is adamant that it isn't all that great. However, what Rhongmiant slightly loses in WS power it's more than compensated in with the ODD. It requires an appropriate build, not an amature build which incorpates less than adequate pieces into the equation: IE: WSing in certain Hydra pieces. There's also no need to maintain or watch over a aftermath, since the duration is quite good. You could easily swap over to Drakesbane if you wished to do so.

It is not, Rhongomiant does not hold a candle to ukon or Ryu, my wife has a 90, it is a great weapon but due to the way they made it, it is just far more limited. ODD is awesome but you loose a ton of damage potential by using a ***ws. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be good to keep ODD up but when your ws are doing often times half as much, the ODD doesn't mean as much as Ryu's OAT. Aftermath duration on empy weapons sucks, trust me, I have an Almace. You can spam quite a few ws between the need to build 300 tp to refresh aftermath.

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Gungnir was improved as well quite a bit, the damage boost it gained is pretty large, and with the modifier it has it makes it so that stacking AGI over STR and then ATK is the way to go. The same would hold true for Rhongmiant.

What is better to do doesn't mean that it does not take away from damage potential. A vit mod on any ws sucks horribly because vit does nothing else for damage. Drakes gets a crit bonus from stacking dex which as a crit ws, means quite a bit. When you stack str, you get attack as well so stacking str and dex will have a far better improvement for a str/dex ws than stacking str and vit for a str/vit ws. Shitty mods is what kills ws. I don't claim to know anything about Gungnir so I can't say but perhaps some of the mathy people can shed some light on this stacking AGI thing. Personally, even if I had Gungnir, I don't have the inventory to start carrying AGI gear which is something Drg lacks good options on anyway.

Ragnarok.Amador said:
I also believe that these ODD and ODT can proc on a WS that double attacks, which would add an additional bit of sweetness. Unfortunately that's something which Ryunohige lacks.
ODD does not proc on ws as far as I am aware but anyone who can confirm, please do so. Ryu's OAT DOES work on WS's.

If you read the thread carefully, Ryu is the best weapon in the game currently by far. War as a job is just better than drg damage wise so it closes the gap some, but not enough. Actual results would vary greatly as this is a theoretical conversation and actual players make hundreds of little mistakes that would skew results.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-04-24 12:26:49
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

1k is not that great at 75 in other area....except Xarc XD
600 dmg WS used to consider "good" at 75 in dyna-xarc. And most none-Gekko none-Draksbane WS can't get good number at all. I used to do dyna with a LS, and I did other areas with them too, so I know how much WS dmg can drop when ppl moving from cities to xarc.

Maybe a decently geared DD can hit 1k+ now(depending on WS, some is easier some harder), but 2k is still pretty high in xarc IMO.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-24 12:31:32
Link | Citer | R

2k is certainly decent and Rogue's Roll plus a good mix of DEX into the WS build does wonders for consistently high damage on Hi, but that doesn't excuse the rest of your DDs. Not breaking 1k average in Xarc at 90 is pretty terrible, especially if you have buffs.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9