OA4 GK 5 Hit Build... Thoughts And Suggestions?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » OA4 GK 5 hit build... Thoughts and suggestions?
OA4 GK 5 hit build... Thoughts and suggestions?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Anyway anyone have a quick answer to my pre-emphy weapon rng for ws dmg?

I have vision bow and I found a decent set for dmg for sidewinder but no idea on the atma to use or the dmg output range I am looking into from atma.
Kinda depends on what you are doing. Rng atmas can vary alot. I'd say... make anni and coronarch like a boss.

GH, sea daughter, griffin claw, ascending one and stout arm are all good for non emp/relic bow users. Tp bonus one is awesome for reflugent arrow build
 Phoenix.Princessrin
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-16 17:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
If you want it by all means, get it. I'll probably get mine after I finish my vere and my sister's Gandiva. Either that or Kannagi...Since nobody wants to do glavoid over again Q_Q

Hell I am still too lazy to finish Kannagi. Been on the Megalobuggard branch for about 10 weeks now... To think I have 34-50 helms and 24-50 skins waiting for me to finish what 3 nms?

*** ME I AM LAZY!

I have vision bow and I found a decent set for dmg for sidewinder but no idea on the atma to use or the dmg output range I am looking into from atma.

VV/Stout Arm/Sea Daughter is damn nice.

Ranger isn't my strong-point since Ive never played it inside abyssea (Which is a shame since I have a nice ranger! :(!) But for winder I'd say GH/VV/Sea daughter or something, AGI plays a bigger role than STR on winder (More-so inside abyssea with STR giving less of a buff etc)
pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
cause i took all your gear :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD loljk
i gave em bk :P
plusss.
your a gun ranger <3
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-16 17:00:48
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
If you want it by all means, get it. I'll probably get mine after I finish my vere and my sister's Gandiva. Either that or Kannagi...Since nobody wants to do glavoid over again Q_Q

Hell I am still too lazy to finish Kannagi. Been on the Megalobuggard branch for about 10 weeks now... To think I have 34-50 helms and 24-50 skins waiting for me to finish what 3 nms?

*** ME I AM LAZY!

Ranger isn't my strong-point since Ive never played it inside abyssea (Which is a shame since I have a nice ranger! :(!) But for winder I'd say GH/VV/Sea daughter or something, AGI plays a bigger role than STR on winder (More-so inside abyssea with STR giving less of a buff etc)

With Cruor buffs though would the AGI really beat the Ranged Attack from Stout Arm? Not just factoring STR in.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 17:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Don't use VV for rng unless you just really low the regain. The str will only add 6.8 to base dmg and of course 25 ratt. GH is more like 10.625. Of course GC adds 20% ws dmg...

Of course thats for bows. Well excpet refulgent. For markminship str wont add anything and agi will add more
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 17:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

*** ME I AM LAZY!

With Cruor buffs though would the AGI really beat the Ranged Attack from Stout Arm? Not just factoring STR in.
Good point, this is why I stick to jobs I know! I know like, next to nothing about Ranger. lol

Edit: Answer my damn PM skar!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 17:04:21
Link | Citer | R

Only use VV if you are trying to break a trial bow or are doing reflugent arrow
 Diabolos.Mesheef
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 17:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Don't use VV for rng unless you just really low the regain. The str will only add 6.8 to base dmg and of course 25 ratt. GH is more like 10.625. Of course GC adds 20% ws dmg...

Of course thats for bows. Well excpet refulgent. For markminship str wont add anything and agi will add more

So I am guessing go with the /war or /sam and hold on tight to a fire/vulcan's staff then.

So for a winder spam go for GH, GC and Sea Daughter

Whats the difference in dmg between SW and Reflugent?
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-16 17:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

So I am guessing go with the /war or /sam and hold on tight to a fire/vulcan's staff then.

So for a winder spam go for GH, GC and Sea Daughter

Whats the difference in dmg between SW and Reflugent?

with enough TP reflugent arrow can actually outdmg SW

sometimes tho if i have 200 tp i just sekkinoki and use 2 SW
but thing is. Ref. arrow. is less likely to miss compared to SW
so it's kind of a debate >:

edit: and if you can you should really invest on vulcan ~
it's really nice to have <3
 Diabolos.Mesheef
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 17:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I own vulcan, think the only non-hq staff I have is light staff, thanks to blm burning a hole in my pocket long ago.
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-16 17:19:07
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Yeah I own vulcan, think the only non-hq staff I have is light staff, thanks to blm burning a hole in my pocket long ago.

:)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-16 17:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Yeah I use refulgent when I over flow on TP. 7 Tick regain, STR/RATK is pretty crazy damage wise :X
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-16 17:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Refulgent can outdo sidewinder at 100% with large amounts of str iirc
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-16 17:28:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:

like i said it is debatable :P
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-16 17:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Princessrin said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

Who really cares though? rng sucks in abys without jishnu's radiance anyways. :D
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-16 17:35:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Phoenix.Princessrin said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

Who really cares though? rng sucks in abys without jishnu's radiance anyways. :D

It's decent with regain atmas, it suffers though when you have to hold back because of ruby light and such :/
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-16 17:36:07
Link | Citer | R

thats why wildfire > all! >:D e'rebody loves amber light
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 17:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Matzilla said:

more like er' body loves havin they emp NMs brewed in rapid sucession!
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-16 17:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Yay~amber :)
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-16 18:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

more like er' body loves havin they emp NMs brewed in rapid sucession!

:| I wouldnt know about that
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 18:37:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
It would take a rediculous amount of str for that. Which would require not putting in as much agi. But yeah would take like 350 str... however at 200% only need like 80ish str lol. So tp bonus bow = awesome
 Shiva.Cerderic
Serveur: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-16 18:44:37
Link | Citer | R

if you're serious about this, my only suggestions are after capping haste & accuracy, and getting the minimal STP you need, obviously, is to possibly look into subbing Dragoon. On the swings where you can tell you won't be hitting 100% in time for a skillchain, toss in a jump and bam. between jumps, meditate, and sekkanoki, i'm sure you could easily pull out constant skillchains.
i would think that trying to make up for your damage loss with sub job abilities like berserk would easily go to waste. you can shine a turd, but it's still a piece of ***.
but it's an interesting idea and it would most certainly be exciting to play.
By Graywolfe813 2011-03-16 22:23:08
Link | Citer | R

@Cerderic
I've got the STP covered so far, been using it already as is. It's covered pretty much by default. A number of the best TP gear options available will 5-hit it easily, because of the 464 delay. And, I've tried it a bit with /DRG also. The earring is an efficient way to boost the haste without sacrificing anything significant. And, yeah... Exactly like that, jump when you get a single hit round after WS. Or during meditate... Been contemplating having a 20% return WS set for meditate, too. Would make running through a 6+ WS chain easier.

Honestly, the best application I've found for it is tearing through weak stuff so far. Although, the general DD output isn't bad at all. As mentioned, it's outperforming my TP bonus Keitonotachi. Smaller numbers, but many more of them. It's also more fun.

Edit: I imagine the TP bonus magian bow rocks. I've switched from Shigeto to Martial until I can obtain something better for SAM/RNG. 200% Refulgents with the weaker bow still outperforms Shigeto Sidewinders.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [124 days between previous and next post]
By Ariaum 2011-07-19 02:18:58
Link | Citer | R

Why not crit build w/ bow and use AA? lol