Well I Am Baked.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Well I am baked.
Well I am baked.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-26 23:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
If you want to still think/believe it's plague and all drugs should be gone from the Earth for all time or whatever, I'm fine with that.. I only ask that you actually look into it with a discerning eye. Cut through the ***, regardless of what side is spreading that ***. Form your own opinion based on your own interpretations, don't just become a parrot and repeat what you've heard.

This so much.

Do some research before you try anything. Know what you're getting yourself into. I hate it when people judge pot smokers because of something they heard on the news or their parents told them. Just because some idiot murdered, raped, stole or vandalized while they were high, doesn't mean it was specifically because they were high. Anyone dumb enough to do those things probably would have done them with or without the aid of pot.

One thing that doesn't help marijuana is that it gets specifically classified as a drug. There are so many substances out there that are real drugs and people consume them every day. Caffiene is a drug, and it can be physically addictive but you never hear someone who drinks 8 cups of coffee each day being called a drug addict. Marijuana on the other hand is not physically addictive, but can become a mental addiction like anything else good in the world (playing video games, eating cheese, having sex, etc.)

I just wish there wasn't so much misinformation on the subject and people understood it for what it is. I think if people knew how bad other drugs are, they wouldn't think marijuana is so bad. Do some research on PCP or other hard drugs and you'll see what I mean. There was a man who took a huge amount of PCP and ended up peeling his own face off bit by bit using a shard of glass, and then feeding each bit to his dogs. He said someone was trying to peel his face off, so he did it himself to stop them and that it was an offering to "Big Bird." I would find and post the picture of his mutilated face, but I think I've described it well enough.

The only thing you ever hear a stoner peel is a banana, or the paper off a roach.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-02-26 23:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:

I hate it when people judge pot smokers because of something they heard on the news or their parents told them. Just because some idiot murdered, raped, stole or vandalized while they were high, doesn't mean it was specifically because they were high. Anyone dumb enough to do those things probably would have done them with or without the aid of pot.

Substitute high/smokers for:

religion, drinking, etc.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-26 23:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Wish I was baked ... I know there is no shortage of propaganda-spouting retards on this site who thinks drugs are the devil.. But *** them, I'm a proud pothead.

Proud pothead, eh?
I hope you're like 16 then.
Might be excusable in that case.

Listen up, homie. I don't think drugs are the devil ... but I guess that's because I don't believe in the devil.
I'll also preface this by saying I have no strong opinion either way on the debate about legalizing pot in the USA (although it will never happen).

For those of you that think marijuana is "not harmful", and especially those who think that you have "researched" pot and found it to be harmless ... you're very wrong. The toxins inhaled via pot smoking are plentiful and carcinogenic. These include ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, and carbon monoxide.
Trust me, you don't want to be voluntarily breathing in those gases.
Most potheads I've met try to rationalize around this when they say "I don't smoke much anymore" (Have you ever met a pot-smoker who doesn't say that? lol). It's definitely true that marijuana isn't as addictive as tobacco cigarette smoking, due to the absence of nicotene. However, chronic frequent smoking of ANY type of smoke will cause damage to respiratory tissue in the lungs and bronchi. Whether or not this damage is reversible when a pot-smoker ceases smoking for a lengthy extended period of time is a matter of debate needing further research.

The other contentious point in studying the health effects of marijuana smoking concerns Anxiety Disorders . There is a documented positive correlation between pot-smokers and incidence of Anxiety Disorders (when compared to the incidence of Anxiety Disorders among non-pot-smokers). Some theorize that THC affects the brain's neurotransmitters in such a way that it *causes* Anxiety Disorders. Others argue that there is no cause-and-effect relationship, and rather, people who are prone to Anxiety Disorders (whether diagnosed or not) tend to be drawn to using pot for the euphoric effects.

In the end, it's your body, your lungs, your brain ... you do what you think is best. I just believe it's best to know the facts and make an informed decision, instead of a blind and ignorant decision.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-02-27 00:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said:
I'm baked.
Bro, you're so cool. I wish I was cool like you.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-27 00:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Wish I was baked ... I know there is no shortage of propaganda-spouting retards on this site who thinks drugs are the devil.. But *** them, I'm a proud pothead.

Proud pothead, eh?

Listen up, homie. I don't think drugs are the devil ... but I guess that's because I don't believe in the devil.
I'll also preface this by saying I have no strong opinion either way on the debate about legalizing pot in the USA (although it will never happen).

For those of you that think marijuana is "not harmful", and especially those who think that you have "researched" pot and found it to be harmless ... you're very wrong. The toxins inhaled via pot smoking are plentiful and carcinogenic. These include ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, and carbon monoxide.
Most potheads I've met try to rationalize around this when they say "I don't smoke much anymore" (Have you ever met a pot-smoker who doesn't say that? lol). It's definitely true that marijuana isn't as addictive as tobacco cigarette smoking, due to the absence of nicotene. However, chronic frequent smoking of ANY type of smoke will cause damage to respiratory tissue in the lungs and bronchi. Whether or not this damage is reversible when a pot-smoker ceases smoking for a lengthy extended period of time is a matter of debate needing further research.

The other contentious point in studying the health effects of marijuana smoking concerns Anxiety Disorders . There is a documented positive correlation between pot-smokers and incidence of Anxiety Disorders (when compared to the incidence of Anxiety Disorders among non-pot-smokers). Some theorize that THC affects the brain's neurotransmitters in such a way that it *causes* Anxiety Disorders. Others argue that there is no cause-and-effect relationship, and rather, people who are prone to Anxiety Disorders (whether diagnosed or not) tend to be drawn to using pot for the euphoric effects.

In the end, it's your body, your lungs, your brain ... you do what you think is best. I just believe it's best to know the facts and make an informed decision, instead of a blind and ignorant decision.

tl;dr
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-02-27 00:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Matzilla said:

Pot is bad for you.

tl;dr

There.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:02:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Who cares if cigarettes are deadly and if weed is harmless or not? The whole argument is really centered about how the person doing the drug effects those around him. The thing to hold weed back wouldn't be if it caused the user cancer or harm so much as if it puts others at risk, directly, or more likely indirectly.
I'd say people using Marijuana (other than it being linked directly to it's legality, as in someone who likes to smoke is forced to put themselves, and indirectly their family in harms way) poses no real risk to user or their family.

Kinda stupid to try and hinge and argument on someone could get high and drive, because that same person could much easier, and cheaper, get drunk and drive. You can't overdose on weed, and no drug dealer in their right mind would lace weed with something else unless you specifically asked for it, as it would easily double, if not quadruple the value/price. So the only risk you're really left with that is inherent to weed is getting busted, or buying it from the wrong people who decide they wanna just rob you instead.

You're also not going to find too many people who smoke weed and decide "you know what? I hate my *** wife/child, yeah, I hate them mother ***, I'm going to beat them within an inch of their life" and I've never met a full time pot head that isn't capable of holding down a steady job.

There is no generic risk, the only risks involved are those faced by the minority, but people like to focus on that minority to substantiate the government propaganda they've been taught repeat.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-27 00:03:03
Link | Citer | R

i dont smoke, never will, dont even drink :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 00:04:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Matzilla said:

Proud pothead, eh?

tl;dr

For Matzilla: If you think pot smoking isn't harmful, you're dead wrong or delusional. It isn't as addictive as tobacco smoking, but pot smoke is still full of carcinogens and toxins, and it will damage your lungs. It also might cause you to have an Anxiety Disorder, although that isn't fully proven. Do what you wanna do, but make an informed decision.

Better?
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-27 00:05:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Who cares if cigarettes are deadly and if weed is harmless or not? The whole argument is really centered about how the person doing the drug effects those around him. The thing to hold weed back wouldn't be if it caused the user cancer or harm so much as if it puts others at risk, directly, or more likely indirectly.
I'd say people using Marijuana (other than it being linked directly to it's legality, as in someone who likes to smoke is forced to put themselves, and indirectly their family in harms way) poses no real risk to user or their family.

Kinda stupid to try and hinge and argument on someone could get high and drive, because that same person could much easier, and cheaper, get drunk and drive. You can't overdose on weed, and no drug dealer in their right mind would lace weed with something else unless you specifically asked for it, as it would easily double, if not quadruple the value/price. So the only risk you're really left with that is inherent to weed is getting busted, or buying it from the wrong people who decide they wanna just rob you instead.

You're also not going to find too many people who smoke weed and decide "you know what? I hate my *** wife/child, yeah, I hate them mother ***, I'm going to beat them within an inch of their life" and I've never met a full time pot head that isn't capable of holding down a steady job.

There is no generic risk, the only risks involved are those faced by the minority, but people like to focus on that minority to substantiate the government propaganda they've been taught repeat.
or you become addicted, start stealing stuff from your brother so you can buy more pot.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Proud pothead, eh?

The only thing I'll really reply to this, as most is just propaganda that you've learned to recite, is this..

All plant matter when burned produces thousands of chemicals. Look it up, there are no ways around that fact.. But there are ways around using Marijuana without all that, being a pot head doesn't mean you roll it in a joint or pack into a bowl and do bong hits.

I'm not the typical 'troll' around here, you're going to have try a bit harder. I'm fixing to go to bed, but by all means, come back with a reply and I will address it in full in the morning.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:07:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

or you become addicted, start stealing stuff from your brother so you can buy more pot.
Same thing can be said of alcohol.. Having said that, I've never known anyone to steal stuff or money to supply their Marijuana habit, I know they exist, but I've never met one (and believe me I've known plenty of other tokers in my day).. It's another example of using a minority and trying to portray them as the majority.

[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-27 00:07:45
Link | Citer | R

You cant logic with potheads. Like i said, paranoid conspiracy theorists with pothead logic. its kinda like retard logic, but only applies to pot.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
You cant logic with potheads. Like i said, paranoid conspiracy theorists with pothead logic. its kinda like retard logic, but only applies to pot.
On the contrary, I've provided plenty of logical arguments to back my position in the matter.. You on the other hand, have not.

I'll be glad to address anything anyone who opposes it can actually substantiate. I'm not a person afraid of humbling myself, I've done it quite a few times in full view of this community before. All I can promise is this, I've done my research, I've spent years looking into these matters.. I know what I'm talking about, and you will eat your words, before I will eat mine.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-27 00:09:36
Link | Citer | R

simple answer to all. Pot is natural, yes. inhaling smoke goes against nature, therefor pot smoking is against nature and is bad. and so are cigarettes. and cigars. and fires
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-27 00:10:58
Link | Citer | R

On the contrary, I've provided plenty of logical arguments to back my position in the matter.. You on the other hand, have not.

And people have provided plenty of counterarguments and the only thing you say is "NUH UH! PROPAGANDA! DOESNT COUNT!"
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-02-27 00:12:50
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:

Yeah, everyone who has ever had a drop of alcohol touch their lips goes into a flying rage and beats their family. There definitely aren't millions of people around the world who drink alcohol daily and don't do stupid ***. I'm not arguing that people don't get drunk or that they don't do stupid ***but you're comparing two insanely different sample sizes. If weed had been a common commodity that you could go buy at the grocery store for the past 80 something years I'm sure there would be horrors that would go with weed too.

Not saying alcohol is great, but weed isn't anything better.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:13:31
Link | Citer | R

And people have provided plenty of counterarguments and the only thing you say is "NUH UH! PROPAGANDA! DOESNT COUNT!"
Would you care to support your claims? I have no problem finding you countless neutral studies (neutral being the keyword), but it will have to wait til tomorrow as my woman wants me in bed 10 minutes ago..

Like I said, feel free to actually respond and it will be addressed in the morning. If you believe what you are reciting, then show me why.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-02-27 00:15:01
Link | Citer | R

I don't really see the point in smoking anything. Smoke can be harmful, why harm your body like that?

The same goes for alcohol and other unnecessary health risks.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I don't really see the point in smoking anything. Smoke can be harmful, why harm your body like that?

The same goes for alcohol and other unnecessary health risks.

Just two of the methods we've came up with over the years.. There are countless others. There is no point to smoking, you can't make smoking safe, regardless of substance.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-02-27 00:19:44
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't say eating brownies is really all that healthy.

I guess I'm just not one of those people who understands the need for things. I'm also not going to be swayed by others "proof" on how it's not bad for you.

That's my biggest problem with "most" people who smoke pot, they just don't shut up about how great it is, even after I show I have no interest in it.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Actually, all of the debate over how "bad" it is for you is an entirely moot point.

EVERYTHING to excess is bad for you: Sunshine, sugar, sodium, prescription drugs, fat, cholesterol, alcohol, and so on.

The REAL question here is, who are YOU to tell ME, as a grown woman, what I can and cannot put into my own body?

Excess fat consumption alone causes many deaths every single year. Marijuana is not directly attributable to even one single death. So, wtf?? Why are some of you sitting here, crapping all over those of us who like to indulge in pot, while WAY more people are stuffing their faces with McDonald's cheeseburgers regularly and causing WAY more damage to their bodies?

Point is, it's MY body, and if I want to smoke pot, that is MY choice. In all likelihood, I could examine your lives and find things I think are deplorable, but frankly, I don't care what you do with your own body. So why do you care so much what I do with mine? o,O
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-27 00:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Actually, all of the debate over how "bad" it is for you is an entirely moot point.

EVERYTHING to excess is bad for you: Sunshine, sugar, sodium, prescription drugs, fat, cholesterol, alcohol, and so on.

The REAL question here is, who are YOU to tell ME, as a grown woman, what I can and cannot put into my own body?

Excess fat consumption alone causes many deaths every single year. Marijuana is not directly attributable to even one single death. So, wtf?? Why are some of you sitting here, crapping all over those of us who like to indulge in pot, while WAY more people are stuffing their faces with McDonald's cheeseburgers regularly and causing WAY more damage to their bodies?

Point is, it's MY body, and if I want to smoke pot, that is MY choice. In all likelihood, I could examine your lives and find things I think are deplorable, but frankly, I don't care what you do with your own body. So why do you care so much what I do with mine? o,O
when it reeks up the entire house, becuase you feel like getting high.. yea, it effects others too
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-27 00:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:

I feel like walking down the street naked with a fully automatic rifle in my hands. its my body, its not hurting anyone else.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-02-27 00:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Ragnarok.Matix said:
like a cake?
Siren.Thoraeon said:

*** ya'll i'm hungry ***
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-02-27 00:24:59
Link | Citer | R

is it cake theft if there is one piece left and my room who owns that piece is gone 2 weeks?

Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 00:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Proud pothead, eh?

The only thing I'll really reply to this, as most is just propaganda that you've learned to recite, is this..

All plant matter when burned produces thousands of chemicals. Look it up, there are no ways around that fact.. But there are ways around using Marijuana without all that, being a pot head doesn't mean you roll it in a joint or pack into a bowl and do bong hits.

I'm not the typical 'troll' around here, you're going to have try a bit harder. I'm fixing to go to bed, but by all means, come back with a reply and I will address it in full in the morning.

I've not "learned to recite" any of this, Slip. I gave you unbiased facts in that post. If you wanna label those facts as "propaganda" to make yourself feel better, go ahead I guess.
You're right, burning organic material releases chemicals (duh?). Inhaling such chemicals directly causes cell death inside the respiratory system. Pot, like tobacco, happens to release some especially nasty toxic chemicals (Cyanide and Carbon Monoxide) in sufficient quantities to get your attention. Please don't try to play it off like pot is harmless because ALL plant matter releases some chemicals when burnt ... that's a ridiculous presumption.
So, you say "being a pothead" doesn't mean you necessarily roll joints, pack bowls, or rip bong hits? Really? What are you doing then? Eating "magic brownies" all the time? Seriously, has anyone ever met a pot user that doesn't smoke the stuff? Give me a break.

You can take what I've said and use it to make informed decisions. Or you can ignore it and pretend that pot smoking isn't harming your body and brain. Ignorance is bliss, after all, right?

*facepalm*
By Spencyono 2011-02-27 00:26:16
Link | Citer | R

Feel free to do whatever the heck you want with your own body. You want to smoke pot? Stay the heck away from me because I don't want to smell your or be subjected to your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pseudo-intellectual thoughts. I'm not going to wait for you to smoke a 'J' before we leave to the bar, go to a friends, start the movie, etc. I'm not going to join your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE facebook crusade to have pot legalized, nor am I going to vote for it either.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-02-27 00:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
simple answer to all. Pot is natural, yes. inhaling smoke goes against nature, therefor pot smoking is against nature and is bad. and so are cigarettes. and cigars. and fires

smoke nature herp derp or don't

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8