Moonshade Earring - Opinions?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Moonshade Earring - opinions?
Moonshade Earring - opinions?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-31 02:55:01
Link | Citer | R

Anybody considered options on this earring for SAM?
Only one I could think of is:

Aug1: Acc+4 or Att+4
Aug2: TPbonus +25

Supposedly the TPbonus works like the others and doesn't allow you to go over 300%, so it's kinda lost if you WS at higher than 275 (but why should you?)
Likewise, it supposedly doesn't work on Sekkanoki.

Still, TPbonus+25 for old YGK WS should supposedly be noticeably better than current STR earrings or Bushinomimi?
Anybody bothered to do some math about it?
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-31 03:17:10
Link | Citer | R

FSTR should cap instantly the second you apply Cruor Buffs/Atma, therefor the earring completley destroys any STR earring by WS modified by TP.

Not really sure how it maths out outside Abyssea, but I am pretty sure it wins there as well.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 03:21:51
Link | Citer | R

can't give you the math, but atk4/tpbonus25 most certainly at least matches bushinomimi/vampire earring for y/g/k, and completely dominates both on fudo

kind of sucks for kaiten though, sadly; hopefully they'll bring out some super-sweet earring selections next update so that the regain-variant of the moonshade would be viable to tp in
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-31 03:26:52
Link | Citer | R

I agree, at least for YGK it should be a clear winner. For other WS like Rana/Kaiten/Fudo either Bushi or Centaurus might be better? I dunno but I'm not that interested anyway.

Anybody going for this option on Moonshade Earring? What are you gonna put on first aug?
I finished WotG almost 2 months ago and I still didn't pick an option, I have it there in my Key Items list waiting lol

Still wondering what to do. The Att|Acc+Regain option is a decent TPing option too, thinking about all of my jobs, altough honestly I don't really fancy the idea that much.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-31 03:28:36
Link | Citer | R

Fudo has an incredibly massive modifier from TP, so it'd get the most out of this earring. Pretty much everything Ironguy said, just in response to the above post putting Fudo in with Rana + Kaiten.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 03:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said:
I agree, at least for YGK it should be a clear winner. For other WS like Rana/Kaiten/Fudo either Bushi or Centaurus might be better? I dunno but I'm not that interested anyway.

Anybody going for this option on Moonshade Earring? What are you gonna put on first aug?
I finished WotG almost 2 months ago and I still didn't pick an option, I have it there in my Key Items list waiting lol

Still wondering what to do. The Att|Acc+Regain option is a decent TPing option too, thinking about all of my jobs, altough honestly I don't really fancy the idea that much.

nono, for fudo it'd be even stronger thanks to the fTP scaling much higher with more tp as you hold it back

for rana, all it'd do is provide accuracy (lol), and for kaiten it wouldn't do anything unless you ws'd at 175/275%, which then you'd get the level two/three aftermath accordingly
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-31 03:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Ironguy you finish your 90 Amano yet? Rly curious how Kaiten compares to Fudo w/ the Increase in Damage!
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-31 03:35:35
Link | Citer | R

no, i haven't, because i'm a slob, but last i recall from reading about someone else perhaps comparing the two, kaiten's still just barely worse than fudo, and even then amano's 6%~ x2.5 doesn't even compare to masabro's 40-50% (aftermath-level varies) occasional double damage

i really hope amano does become the better weapon by 99 though, since it's been my favorite weapon ever since i began playing, and then to see everyone and their grandpa with a weapon that one-ups' it = extreme sadface :(
[+]