Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Third atma and WS gear help
Third atma and WS gear help
 Valefor.Setsugekka
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Nameless
By Valefor.Setsugekka 2010-12-29 15:37:28
Link | Citer | R

I think it is because of the LS. My LS doesn't mind helping with T3 or above, but absolutely refuse to help a member on T2 or below due to the low reward and time consuming nature. I mean you can have a whole night doing LL and not have a single color change. But yea, it was annoying to solo or duo LL due to the fact that it doesn't always pop near the pin spot in Pash (later discovered that there are pin spots in other 3 zones too, but it was a while ago when I completed this so).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-29 16:39:18
Link | Citer | R

I have many Powder Boots in my mog sack at any given time because they are useful for stuff like this - still a pain though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-29 16:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Vitali said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Why do you care about parses?

Because it's imperical data, which is much more credable than someone's anecdote of how omfg amazing it is. I'm not against the polearm, I just want proof that it's worthwhile before I invest my time in the trial. I'm sure you've noticed, but a majority of the posters on this, and most other FFXI forums are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

It would be nice for someone to show their gear setup, then post a parse of them alongside another drg using a high damage polearm, showing their WS average, frequency, etc. Some amoutn of control would be required (same atmas, same haste, etc).

I would happily do this if I knew someone on lakshmi that had the polearm done but at the moment, I do not. Most drg I come across on this server are terribly geared (looking at you, full perle).
Math is empirical data. Parses are a terrible way to judge the capabilities of any weapon. Too many variables changing simultaneously, any conclusions drawn concerning a piece of gear would be tenuous at best. Competitive parsing is really only useful for comparing the players being parsed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vitali
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-29 17:00:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Lakshmi.Vitali said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Why do you care about parses?

Because it's imperical data, which is much more credable than someone's anecdote of how omfg amazing it is. I'm not against the polearm, I just want proof that it's worthwhile before I invest my time in the trial. I'm sure you've noticed, but a majority of the posters on this, and most other FFXI forums are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

It would be nice for someone to show their gear setup, then post a parse of them alongside another drg using a high damage polearm, showing their WS average, frequency, etc. Some amoutn of control would be required (same atmas, same haste, etc).

I would happily do this if I knew someone on lakshmi that had the polearm done but at the moment, I do not. Most drg I come across on this server are terribly geared (looking at you, full perle).
Math is empirical data. Parses are a terrible way to judge the capabilities of any weapon. Too many variables changing simultaneously, any conclusions drawn concerning a piece of gear would be tenuous at best. Competitive parsing is really only useful for comparing the players being parsed.

then please, show me some math.
 Cerberus.Kayaa
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ruijana
By Cerberus.Kayaa 2010-12-29 17:08:41
Link | Citer | R

I began this weapon a while back (OaT), but usual story, *** blocked by Blob.

Was wondering if anyone could advise me on a lowman strategy for Blob? I'm really keen on doing this weapon, and Blob is literally the only thing that is stopping me >.<

Thanks in advance~
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-29 17:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kayaa said:

Was wondering if anyone could advise me on a lowman strategy for Blob? I'm really keen on doing this weapon, and Blob is literally the only thing that is stopping me >.<

Thanks in advance~

This please.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-29 17:38:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kayaa said:

Thanks in advance~

Pop him in Pashow in a pool of water and his adds don't agro anyone and just sit there until they despawn, unless that was changed.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-29 21:32:52
Link | Citer | R

RDM BLM BLM if you want to kill the adds. Deaggro/depop methods seem a bit sketchy to me and you risk losing a pop. Bring a THF to avoid disappointment.

Use the South (E-10) pin spot (use it on Lamprey Lord if unfamiliar, Kaeko's journal has details) and hold the babies with PDT set for BLMs to kill.
 Cerberus.Kayaa
By Cerberus.Kayaa 2010-12-30 08:21:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
RDM BLM BLM if you want to kill the adds. Deaggro/depop methods seem a bit sketchy to me and you risk losing a pop. Bring a THF to avoid disappointment.

Use the South (E-10) pin spot (use it on Lamprey Lord if unfamiliar, Kaeko's journal has details) and hold the babies with PDT set for BLMs to kill.

Thanks for the answers :D I'm familiar with pin spots (pinning Krabkatoa, fun! xD), so it's looking hopeful!
 Cerberus.Kayaa
By Cerberus.Kayaa 2011-01-03 06:38:12
Link | Citer | R

Just an update to this, if people want info.
Been killing it in the puddles in present day Pashhow Marshlands - this way adds dont aggro and just sit there. RDM/NIN x2~3 gets the job done easily, bouncing hate between them with a THF to poke it. Takes around 15~20 mins.

3/10 atm on the babys ^^
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-03 07:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kayaa said:
Just an update to this, if people want info. Been killing it in the puddles in present day Pashhow Marshlands - this way adds dont aggro and just sit there. RDM/NIN x2~3 gets the job done easily, bouncing hate between them with a THF to poke it. Takes around 15~20 mins. 3/10 atm on the babys ^^

Keep a backup plan if this is your first time doing this NM. The "puddle the adds method" never seemed to be 100% effective for anyone i talked to (kudos if it was for you). I had one time we had the whole alliance swimming in water (and the NM) to no avail.
Come with a backup plan for the adds.
 Cerberus.Kayaa
By Cerberus.Kayaa 2011-01-03 18:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Yeah we have a backup~ We popped it in a seemingly good place in Pashhow in the past, turns out it wasn't a puddle. So our THF (who was sub WHM for Erases on RDMs) Diaga'ed and ran them off with Flee. They couldn't hit him and they depopped easily ^^