Andy's Drg TP Set (rate And Crtique!)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » andy's drg TP set (rate and crtique!)
andy's drg TP set (rate and crtique!)
By Andylynn 2010-12-13 06:35:16
Link | Citer | R

8 STP stingray in weapon slot

feel free to let me know where i need to improve.
[+]
 Bahamut.Arouis
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-12-13 06:44:18
Link | Citer | R

What kinda budget do you have?
By Andylynn 2010-12-13 06:46:53
Link | Citer | R

about 800k right now at best o:

saving for if anything needs a heavy investment
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-13 06:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Obvious upgrades are upgrading stingray to 90 version, AF3 helm +1 is an upgrade to turban. The AF3 DRG back is easy to obtain off the attowha ironclad, and it's 100% drop.

You didn't put an ammo in that item set was it because you forgot or don't currently have one? If not then a cheap and decent ammo is Tiphia sting.

You have a pretty nice DRG at the moment though :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Deziel
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tumbe
By Quetzalcoatl.Deziel 2010-12-13 06:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Very jealous of the Dastanas. Is this your 6 hit build set? Are you particularly fond of using the Hauberk for TP? Remember DRG has Accuracy Bonus 3 (Accuracy+35). Also if you're using /SAM on your DRG you only need Store TP+11 for a 6 hit build. You could change your Ecphoria ring for more Accuracy if you wanted.

I'm currently working on pushing my 6 hit to a 5 hit build. I either need to HQ the Lancer Plackart or get an Aurum Cuirass, and/or get a Goading Belt. I've been looking into multiple ways for DRG to get a 5 hit build... that's not outrageously ridiculous. I'm finding getting a Goading Belt is a task in it of itself.

By Andylynn 2010-12-13 07:08:06
Link | Citer | R

@kuni
its a combo of both! i dont have one and it completely wasnt on my mind. i cant seem to find seals parties or help from LS at all, is there any easier way to get them?

@dez
its my current idea for 6hit. rajas + stp singray is already covering that 11 needed like you stated. sam is at 90, so i have that stp too. what do you suggest instead of ecphoria that wouldnt blow my budget for more acc?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-13 07:36:01
Link | Citer | R

Lava/Kusha shouldn't even exist in the game. They're trash
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-13 07:36:05
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
8 STP stingray in weapon slot

feel free to let me know where i need to improve.

Thew Bomblet or White Tathlum for ammo slot depending.

Obvious AF3 etc improvements I won't list. Could work on Agasaya's Collar etc for the neck but meh. Kemas Earring for ear though it's not a huge improvement. Zahak's Mail will likely outdo Perle Hauberk there, and then an STP body will outdo either. Blitz/Rajas for TP. Haste back. Ace's Hose for the legs aren't too unreasonable to get.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-30 11:50:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Andylynn said:
8 STP stingray in weapon slot feel free to let me know where i need to improve.
Thew Bomblet or White Tathlum for ammo slot depending. Obvious AF3 etc improvements I won't list. Could work on Agasaya's Collar etc for the neck but meh. Kemas Earring for ear though it's not a huge improvement. Zahak's Mail will likely outdo Perle Hauberk there, and then an STP body will outdo either. Blitz/Rajas for TP. Haste back. Ace's Hose for the legs aren't too unreasonable to get.
everyone should have a bullwhip too :D If you were on my server I'd be happy to help with it.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-30 12:15:40
Link | Citer | R

I should know this but Im to lazy to find it..

How much StoreTP do I need for that magical 5 hit?
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-12-30 12:29:42
Link | Citer | R

Don't listen to the guy telling you not to use Rajas, please.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-30 12:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said:
Don't listen to the guy telling you not to use Rajas, please.
Ehh as long as it doesn't mess with x-hit then it's not that big of a deal..but trading Raja for Kush/Lava rings is a bad idea. Why any one would take the time to camp them is beyond me..
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-12-30 13:02:53
Link | Citer | R

The only reason I can think of to remove Rajas ring would be if you can maintain you x-hit, and it's to use something like Epona's Ring and Blitz ring. And even in that case, I imagine there would be other and more beneficial ways to cap haste allowing you to keep the Rajas.

But as you said, definite nono to Lavas/Kushas.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-30 14:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said:
The only reason I can think of to remove Rajas ring would be if you can maintain you x-hit, and it's to use something like Epona's Ring and Blitz ring. And even in that case, I imagine there would be other and more beneficial ways to cap haste allowing you to keep the Rajas. But as you said, definite nono to Lavas/Kushas.
Oh I agree..but I'm having a hard time thinking of a good reason to take out Raja out of any set for "drg" Epona's would be a good reason but ehh drg can't use and for jobs that can use Epona I would thing Epona/Raja > anything else.