Keito 464 5-hit
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Cell
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-10-06 01:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Without Usu and the rest of Af3+1, what would it take for a 5-hit? I know Unkai neck and Goading belt would help. 5/5 Stp merits and Nuevo with +10 ACC and Stp +4.

[+]
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-10-06 01:51:50
Link | Citer | R

464 Delay requires 29 Store-TP from gear providing you're 5/5 merits.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 01:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Why not include Unkai Head+1? Then you can ditch the ugly *** Hachiman for Dusk Gloves correct?
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-10-06 01:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Yes the +1 head piece will mean you can ditch both Hachiman pieces of gear in favor of haste.
 Asura.Myx
Serveur: Asura
user: Senny
By Asura.Myx 2010-10-06 01:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Well, you need 29 stp in gear, if you have full stp merits, to get a 5 hit build with a 464 delay Great Katana. Unless you already have most of the key items you need to pop Lacovie, I would definitely not count on obtaining a goading belt.
Apart from that info, I can't tell you much because you haven't told us what augments you have, as well as other information.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 02:02:31
Link | Citer | R

Im assuming Acc+10/Store TP+4 Sorta the same augment I picked. You cant fulltime Askar :(
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-10-06 02:16:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Im assuming Acc+10/Store TP+4 Sorta the same augment I picked. You cant fulltime Askar :(

Yes update Original Post.

5/5 Stp merits and Nuevo with +10 ACC and Stp +4. I dont have seals for Head yet. Basically just seeing what it would take at this point with no Usu or Askar. Shinimusha Body and Haidate would help, I know losing Str and Haste would kill it. Basically just looking at options.
 Sylph.Sukh
Serveur: Sylph
user: Sukhoruk
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-10-06 02:16:18
Link | Citer | R

I think that this is the optimal set to let you to 5-hit the +10% damage great katana.

That's 21.2 TP a swing, so provided ffxicalc isn't lying to me, you can WS in whatever the hell you want with all of that stuff.

Without a large portion of that, and I know it sounds cruel, but don't bother. You'd end up hurting yourself more than just going for the sTP trials.
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-10-06 02:19:58
Link | Citer | R

What about not optimal? =)
[+]
 Sylph.Sukh
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-10-06 02:32:58
Link | Citer | R

I want to premise this by saying this hurt my soul a little bit, but this is quite possibly the cheapest / least amount of endgame work set for 5-hitting the +10% damage gkt while keeping whatever WS gear you use now (possibly adding domaru, but at this point you're so far gone domaru might be warranted.)

/shudder

Ninja edit: I used the Unkai legs instead of the level 50 JSE because the seals are easily obtained from questing... it just takes some time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-10-06 02:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sukh said:
I want to premise this by saying this hurt my soul a little bit, but this is quite possibly the cheapest / least amount of endgame work set for 5-hitting the +10% damage gkt while keeping whatever WS gear you use now (possibly adding domaru, but at this point you're so far gone domaru might be warranted.)

/shudder

Ninja edit: I used the Unkai legs instead of the level 50 JSE because the seals are easily obtained from questing... it just takes some time.

I wasnt tryng to offend. I was just asking for fun.

I tp in this:

Ws

In no way am I pro. Im not going to be using this 464 5-hit build. Just was curious what it would take without Usu, Askar, and full Af3+1. In no way am I tryng to bring down the Sam.
 Sylph.Sukh
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-10-06 02:51:49
Link | Citer | R

I know you were just asking for information's sake, but there's always that group of people that skim through forums and are like, "Can do 1337 stuff, this person showed me how!" And you know they'd jump on the opportunity to 5-hit something without doing any work at all lol.
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-10-06 03:35:59
Link | Citer | R

(Nuevo +4 Stp)

Tp set with 30 Stp and 13% haste. :-/ Could switch out head, waist and back for Str. Again, this is just for messing around with.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-10-06 04:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sukh said:

Without a large portion of that, and I know it sounds cruel, but don't bother. You'd end up hurting yourself more than just going for the sTP trials.

So, what does that mean? Is it not worth getting a 5 hit unless you have the 10% DMG Katana? Note that I'm not a sam but I am leveling it, would like some info on how to go about it xD
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-06 06:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Sylph.Sukh said:
So, what does that mean? Is it not worth getting a 5 hit unless you have the 10% DMG Katana? Note that I'm not a sam but I am leveling it, would like some info on how to go about it xD

It's still an upgrade moving to 5hit if you can do it without ridiculous sacrifices. But now with AF3 you don't need to do the STP path and can instead do the DMG +10% one, which is the better choice.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2010-10-06 09:51:41
Link | Citer | R

well for the average joe, AF3+1 is attainable but AF3+2 might not be. So showing AF3+2 gear isnt helping here. Is it not possible to switch the Neovo for a Askar body? and WS in neovo, or will the store tp cause an issue?

But if you have to sacrifice alot of haste just for store tp then you gotta ask ya self if its worth the effort for that 5 build. Gotta parse the 5 hit with the 6 hit and see how long it takes to attain 100TP
 Asura.Myx
By Asura.Myx 2010-10-06 11:17:38
Link | Citer | R

On the last set up you posted:
Don't forget about accuracy, you only get 13 acc from that set up.
I know this is just for informations sake of what a 5 hit requires, but that's sacrificing too much acc in my opinion.

I know you said not including askar and usu, but here was the 5 hit I'm planning on using before getting unkai +2 gear:

This keeps 18% haste, 29 store tp, 28 accuracy and 47 attack.
That harder gear to get really pays off.
Especially if you were planning on doing all that campaign battle to get a fourth mantle for 2 stp.
 Sylph.Sukh
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-10-06 11:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Myx said:

This keeps 18% haste, 29 store tp, 28 accuracy and 47 attack.
That harder gear to get really pays off.
Especially if you were planning on doing all that campaign battle to get a fourth mantle for 2 stp.

You're right at 20 a hit, which would mean you would need to WS in at least +29 sTP also. Which would mean either a lot of hachiman gear or not ever changing gear for WSs.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-06 11:35:51
Link | Citer | R

How much STP would be required to get a 5 hit with this?

And also a 4 hit, if even possible (meaning if there's enough stp in gear to do so)

Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2010-10-06 11:42:31
Link | Citer | R

74 total STP for a 450 delay weapon to 5 hit

And the lowest possible delay to 4 hit is 470 cause it caps at 100 total.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-06 11:47:51
Link | Citer | R

So I would need 39 from gear? Or is there are Store TP V trait I don't know about.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 12:17:46
Link | Citer | R

One question I have, how absolutely ***is Shinimusha Body)the LVL50 Red Togi) If wearing it lets you keep on haste pieces would it be worth the loss of a Hauby/Askar/Nuevo?

This of course if you dont have Rose Strap/Usukane Feet.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/14404/shinimusha-hara-ate
 Asura.Myx
By Asura.Myx 2010-10-06 13:33:19
Link | Citer | R

@Sukh

weapon skill gear would be:

42 str and 52 attack.

It's worth tp-ing in 18% haste, 28 accuracy, and 47 attack on a 5 hit to sacrifice a few str on ws, especially when already considering the +10% ws damage augment and a base weapon damage of 95 (without including the +2 unkai gear).

EDIT:

@Skarwind

You would still have to sacrifice dusk hands.
I believe it would look something like that:

16% haste, 26 acc, 33 stp, and 33 attack.
 Asura.Myx
By Asura.Myx 2010-10-06 14:06:12
Link | Citer | R

Just worked out needed stp for ws on that Shinimusha set.
You would actually only need 16 stp on ws, which isn't so bad.
Hachiman Domaru, rajas, and unkai +1.

Probably something like this.

54 str, 35 attack. Pretty nice actually, though you might be missing some weapon skills.
 Odin.Vellyssena
By Odin.Vellyssena 2010-10-06 15:16:08
Link | Citer | R

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here is carbonara (+6 STP), although you would be losing the ability to use accuracy or another attack food. Haven't really seen anything in which accuracy food is needed anymore, and you would lose 10 attack from yellow curry buns, but the 175 hp from carbonara is nice, especially if no one can keep hate off of you. With 5/5 STP Merits and carbonara, the sets I use are:
TP

WS

Also, with Unkai Kabuto +1 for the tp set, you would be able to swap out the Hachiman Domaru and Sune-Ate for Osode and Perle/Unkai Feet +1/2 for WS.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-06 15:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
One question I have, how absolutely ***is Shinimusha Body)the LVL50 Red Togi) If wearing it lets you keep on haste pieces would it be worth the loss of a Hauby/Askar/Nuevo? This of course if you dont have Rose Strap/Usukane Feet. http://www.ffxiah.com/item/14404/shinimusha-hara-ate

Domaru is better really, HQ more so.

Lets you 5hit cap Haste, and is all relatively easy to acquire, AF3 head makes up for Usu feet if you don't have them (better choice regardless, I don't have it though)

[+]
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-10-10 16:54:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Myx said:
Just worked out needed stp for ws on that Shinimusha set.
You would actually only need 16 stp on ws, which isn't so bad.
Hachiman Domaru, rajas, and unkai +1.

Probably something like this.

54 str, 35 attack. Pretty nice actually, though you might be missing some weapon skills.

Ill throw a pizza in and try this out. Actually looks pretty fun to play with till I get more AF3+1 other than my pants.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2010-10-14 07:21:29
Link | Citer | R

last night i got Ishikirimaru so i got out the ffxi calculator and i needed a little boost in sTP

food would be Carbonara and the following
TP Set

WS Set

Gorget would be relevent to WS

with carbonara i get 20.8% TP on normal hits and 19.2% on WS, just that the down side is the 480 delay but from what i have seen i get 1.2k-1.9k for WSing outside abyssea
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-10-14 07:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Rose strap and something else with 1STP would be a better choice imo (if you have the strap). If not I'd use Pole over Axe grip.
First Page 2