New Keitonotachi trials
First Page 2 3
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 07:40:03
Link | Citer | R

So, my suspicions about the Keitonotachi: Kasha +10% dmg line turned out to be correct -- it was "buffing up" WS dmg, each in turn, and now we have a general WS dmg +10% on the newest one (ALL WS, not just kasha.) The +sTP one became +10 sTP.

I waited to do the last line on my Keitonotachi specifically for this. If Keitonotachi kasha-line got a general +WS dmg, I was going to get it.

But now with the new AF3 gear and the sTP buffs on it, I'm not sure. Suppose you got all that +sTP AND a +10 sTP Keitonotachi. (Also, who knows how much will be on body and further Keitonotachi lines.) ...Could the unthinkable happen and maybe we're due for a really easy 5-hit or even 4-hit build at some point? I mean, Jesus.

Then again, the trials for the AF3 gear (to get that sTP) require lots of "seals" which drop from who-knows-what (probably in Abyssea.) So that extra sTP may not be easily realizable, and then a little extra sTP on Keitonotachi might not be worth it compared to +10% WS dmg.

I really don't know which to pick. It may simply be too soon to decide.

Thoughts?
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-09-09 08:08:12
Link | Citer | R

I thought I saw a tachi: goten +10 gkt. ? Anyway u can post info on new ToM Gk stages?

Either way though, 5hit gkt is the way to go unless you can get a 5hit from the wsdmg+ gkt. ( which very well maybe possible now, also remember it's a slightly higher delay than the reg 450 hagun) through AF3 and/or new gear and we need to find out if there a new trait of store to for Sam @ ~ 85.

Sorry for any mt's. I'm on my iPhone in class.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-09 08:12:23
Link | Citer | R

wondering if after u finish the stp+10 and upgrade to a keito +1, if u can grab another keito

going to keep my stp going, with the af3 i was looking at getting a 4 hit would be plausible

and we havent seen hands or bodies yet
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 08:13:33
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
I thought I saw a tachi: goten +10 gkt. ? Anyway u can post info on new ToM Gk stages?

Yeah, it goes: Goten +10 -> Jinpu +10 -> Koki +10 -> Kasha +10 -> All +10.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 08:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
wondering if after u finish the stp+10 and upgrade to a keito +1, if u can grab another keito

going to keep my stp going, with the af3 i was looking at getting a 4 hit would be plausible

pretty sure 4 hit is very much so impossible with max STP merits and max STP gear...it takes 70 STP in GEAR ALONE and thats with full merits to 4 hit a 464 GK...are you serious? lulz
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 08:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

You should be able to. I started donto twice (one for Masamune, one for OAT) and didn't have any problems, just as long as they weren't on the exact same trial at the same time. I've also seen people dual-wielding the same finished daggers (I think.)
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

Seriously, I will cream myself if SE gives us a viable 4-hit build. I mean, just, what.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-09 08:21:10
Link | Citer | R

would be nice to have the all dmg ws % for certain events + the stp version for everyday use
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 08:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
would be nice to have the all dmg ws % for certain events + the stp version for everyday use

why would you use the STP one when you can now easily 5 hit the WS+10% dmg one? with AF3+2 head you can 5 hit the WS one
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 08:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

why would you use the STP one when you can now easily 5 hit the WS+10% dmg one? with AF3+2 head you can 5 hit the WS one

AF3+2 isn't necessarily easy to get. Just +1 requires 10 seals dropped from some as-yet-unknown mob, probably an Abyssea VNM. I didn't check +2 but it's no doubt going to be even harder.

Still, the WS one is the way I'm leaning.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-09 08:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

4hit
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 08:25:05
Link | Citer | R

its not happening.... you need 70 STP gear...

unless samurai gets TWO more STP traits in the next 14 levels which is highly unlikely because i dont think we even got one 81-85
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 08:33:02
Link | Citer | R

I think I'll go with the +10% WS dmg then and redo the trial for sTP if somehow SE gives us insane sTP between here and end of updates.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-09-09 08:34:39
Link | Citer | R

Inb4 we get a new tier STP trait and aft3+2 body enhances store tp trait :D

Edit- fking iPhone autocorrecting me n *** :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 08:36:42
Link | Citer | R

XD {Yes, please}
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-09 08:45:40
Link | Citer | R

sTP+67

Keito +10
AF3 +2 Head +8
AF3 +2 Legs +7
for the lols

edit: ffxiah needs to read stp+4 as the > value over the campaign +20 >.>
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 08:48:06
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
sTP+71

Keito +10
AF3 +2 Head +8
AF3 +2 Legs +7
for the lols

I'm sorry are you really Nabis??? LULZ Do you have a 2 hit nana build now too? lol
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 08:54:09
Link | Citer | R

and thats not even +71 in gear.....wth
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Serveur: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-09-09 10:41:02
Link | Citer | R

Not saying that anyone should or would want to use this set but it is possible to get +70stp in gear using this set therefore acquiring a possible 4 hit setup.

stp+10 keitonotachi of course. Champion's Galea is required with the eva and stp+4 augment along with haste more than likely. Usukane body is not required but would be the best option the others only being hachiman or shinimusha so you could still make this happen without it, if you wanted to.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 10:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Obliterate said:
Not saying that anyone should or would want to use this set but it is possible to get +70stp in gear using this set therefore acquiring a possible 4 hit setup.

stp+10 keitonotachi of course. Champion's Galea is required with the eva and stp+4 augment along with haste more than likely. Usukane body is not required but would be the best option the others only being hachiman or shinimusha so you could still make this happen without it, if you wanted to.

lol HUGE stretch, some pieces can be changed for better ones...but you're looking at 13% haste max (Sam AF3+2 helm has 6% haste and 7 or 8 STP).... really not worth it
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Serveur: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-09-09 11:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Yeah not worth it by any means but it is possible, didn't want to inculde any of the new af3 since we don't really know how difficult it will be to obtain, was just showing that it is currently possible with gear currently available. It may be a viable option to build on in the future however if/when better stp pieces and traits come into play, but as for now just stick to the 5 hit builds.
 Sylph.Sukh
Serveur: Sylph
user: Sukhoruk
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-09-09 14:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Someone post that old man picture, cause I'm tired of reading about your mystical one swing to 100TP wet dreams.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-10 03:19:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sukh said:
Someone post that old man picture, cause I'm tired of reading about your mystical one swing to 100TP wet dreams.

Well that's great for you, but while you're being a sarcastic, useless ***, the rest of us are trying to figure out how best to take advantage of the update. Cheers!
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-10 03:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Yeah not worth it by any means but it is possible, didn't want to inculde any of the new af3 since we don't really know how difficult it will be to obtain, was just showing that it is currently possible with gear currently available. It may be a viable option to build on in the future however if/when better stp pieces and traits come into play, but as for now just stick to the 5 hit builds.

Your math is wrong, 4hit isn't possible with 464 delay. Max +STP is 100 including traits, that gives you 24.4/hit. 24.4*4 97.6 stp, so still 5hit.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-09-10 03:41:45
Link | Citer | R

like srs. u guys needa get that new 480 delay 100dmg enpetrify gkt :Q

now go 4hit that!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-10 03:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Your math is wrong, 4hit isn't possible with 464 delay. Max +STP is 100 including traits, that gives you 24.4/hit. 24.4*4 97.6 stp, so still 5hit.

Oh that's just sadistically close.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-10 03:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah lowest possible delay to achieve a 4hit is 470, and that requires 100STP (max) to do it, which is a ridiculous amount (currently impossible). You can get a 4hit if you use Eisen Grip, but that falls behind a regular 5hit setup by 1.25% before Haste is factored.
It may become possible in the future with a likely STP trait for SAM, but for it to be actually benefitial you'd need a weapon with a delay of around 550. They may add GKs that high, but unlikely.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-10 04:24:15
Link | Citer | R

So, basically, now that we have mad sTP gear, the optimal strategy is: buff the ***out of the dmg of a 5-hit setup.

I'm suddenly liking that OAT GK all the more.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-10 04:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Well I'm not sure what the OATs delay is, but if they release enough STP gear to 5hit it, it'd definitely be the best option. 4hit though is wishful thinking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-10 04:33:03
Link | Citer | R

You can already 5hit the OAT, but it's difficult. Now with the easier gear (apparently the AF3 isn't hard to get after all), it's going to rock socks.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-09-10 12:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Btw I just wanted to add that I'm gonna go for wsdmg+ mainly for gkt zergs :D (AV comes to mind.. =s)
As a general purpose gkt I'll prob shoot for that new 480delay gkt, which is about as easy to get a 5hit w/ than the stp+10 gkt.
First Page 2 3