Decent Piece To Macro In For Meditate?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Decent piece to Macro in for Meditate?
Decent piece to Macro in for Meditate?
 Bahamut.Angelox
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: AngeloX
By Bahamut.Angelox 2010-09-06 17:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Just got SAM to 30 today and I think I'm gonna take this job far.

I was looking at the AF set and I can only really seeing my self using maybe 1-3 of the pieces.

For the Myochin Kabuto, It says that It enhances the effect of Meditate. I'm not usually familiar with Macro-ing in gear yet, but I was wondering if other samurais usually do this?

Any tips about the AF gear would be great.
I'm trying to step it up from being a noob xD
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-06 18:00:37
Link | Citer | R

AF head for medidate is allmost a must.
Gives you 20-40 more tp!

Pants are good for WS, and hands are ok for tp if you dont have okote or something I suppose
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-06 18:01:30
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, macro it in for meditate. All of the AF1 in it's regular state is lame, hold onto head/legs/hands, the latter two being decent when you +1 them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-09-06 18:01:38
Link | Citer | R

You only need to macro it in before you use the JA, same as Saotome Kote. As soon as you use meditate you can swap back to your regular gear.

But yes, all SAMs do that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Angelox
By Bahamut.Angelox 2010-09-06 18:07:29
Link | Citer | R

Thanks!~
 Asura.Tezmania
Serveur: Asura
user: tezmania
By Asura.Tezmania 2010-09-06 18:11:52
Link | Citer | R

You mean, SAM's that are not lazy do that.
The amount of SAMS who never swap gear.. tp in osode... yep. Alot are very very lazy!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashua
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-09-06 18:16:16
Link | Citer | R

I sub in both Myochin Kabuto(+1) and Saotome Kote.

Sub both of them in before using meditate and then unsub immediately after after using meditate.

In tandem, they will recompense you with 140-180 TP per meditate.

If you can't get the Saotome kote, that is okay. Just make sure you at least swap in the AF head.

edit: It is 140-160 tp per meditate.
[+]
By Zelfyn 2010-09-06 18:16:38
Link | Citer | R

To be a good player you should become very familiar with gear swaps and use them as much as possible. Effective gear swaps and attentive playing can make you outperform people with better gear by 50% easily. I have many parses to support this statement. In other words knowing how to use your gear makes a bigger difference than having the best gear.

Although you don't have a lot of selection at level 30, a good way to start becoming acquainted with gear swaps is to make a melee set and a weaponskill set for your SAM (melee focuses primarily on haste and accuracy, WS focuses basically on STR alone for SAM once you get Yukikaze). Then use macros (ffxi, windower, or the advanced spellcast program) to switch between your sets as appropriate. Even before you get that nice AF helmet and macro it is for meditate, you can be macroing in gear for your WSs to make them much stronger and really step up your game.

Another macro I recommend is 'recast'. It would be something like:
/recast "Meditate"
/recast <any other ability you want to keep up to date on>
(shadows, berserk, third eye, sekkanoki)

Just tap that macro every once and a while and you will always be on the ball to use abilities as early as possible.
(Alternatively there are many plug-ins linked to windower that can fill these roles if that is your sort of thing)

Good luck! Your post sets you in the direction of developing as a great player.
[+]
By Nightmarelord 2010-09-06 18:28:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ashua said:

Sub both of them in before using meditate and then unsub immediately after after using meditate.

If you can't get the Saotome kote, that is okay. Just make sure you at least swap in the AF head.

180 tp is a myth that was corrected by se long ago. the max is 160 tp.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 18:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Azimuth Coronet is good.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashua
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-09-06 18:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Nightmarelord said:
Bahamut.Ashua said:

180 tp is a myth that was corrected by se long ago. the max is 160 tp.

You know, I have noticed that it always stops at 160 for some reason; but I wonder if it was patched. I could swear a while back it used to hit 180, but then again maybe it always capped at 160. Anyways, yeah. I have 13 jobs at 80 so I don't spend any significant, overwhelming amount of my time on SAM, but what you say is totally consistent with what I have seen. I just read 180 on an outdated comment and assumed I was wrong. Thanks for the confirmation.
 Shiva.Superdan
Serveur: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-06 19:06:01
Link | Citer | R

You should macro in the head for meditate, as others have said. Having that extra 20-40tp can make you do a weaponskill several hits sooner than if you didn't macro it in, meaning it increases your damage output. It's off-putting seeing all those lolSAMs at Lv80 getting 100tp on meditate and WSing in TPgear.

As Zelfyn stated, knowing HOW to gear your job will often make you better than people with really good gear who don't understand how to use it. For example, if a SAM is wearing the top of the line STR gear in the game, but sitting at 70% hit rate (Meaning he only hits the mob 70% of the time) he is going to be WSing less frequently and doing less damage over time, even if his Gekko's are breaking high numbers.

At your level I wouldn't say gear swapping is really a 'need' & carrying so much gear / spending so much gil at Lv30 might be going over the top. But it is nice to get a hang of using the macro system effectively if you haven't done it much before. When I was new to the game, I admit I didn't know all that much, and if I saw now how I used to gear, I'd /facepalm.

Remember if you ever want help with the finer points of gearing your job effectively, you can always post on here for advice (Or learn yourself from previous gear help threads).

My one piece of advice to you while you're levelling up is to get as much acc gear as you can for TPing. It's very rare to see any DD hitting hit cap rate in low / mid levels without support.
[+]
 Bahamut.Angelox
By Bahamut.Angelox 2010-09-06 19:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Oo thanks again guys. I was about to ask, what Kind of gear I should wear when I'm building up TP VS. what types of gear I should wear when I'm doing a WS, but Zelfyn and Superdan beat me to the punch. great info.
Thanks.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zibo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-09-07 01:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Macro good. No macro bad.
 Seraph.Lynxis
Serveur: Seraph
user: Lynxis
By Seraph.Lynxis 2010-09-11 14:58:18
Link | Citer | R

I'll give you a recommended macro to use with Meditate:

/equip head "myochin kabuto"
/ja meditate
/wait 2
/equip head "tp building head"

If/when you get Saotome Kote, use this:

/equip hands "saotome kote"
/ja meditate
/wait 2
/equip hands "tp building hands"

make sure that you put the /wait in there. If you don't you will swap out your gear too early and you wont get the bonus effect.

As mentioned: At low levels, don't worry too much about gear swaps. Your accuracy is going to be abysmal so just use all the accuracy and dex gear you can get your hands on and wear it all the time. The only exception is if you have O-Kote, you should consider incorporating it into your WS macros. Your WS damage can jump anywhere from 20 to 40 points per WS which is a decent amount for a single piece at those levels.
 Phoenix.Maeya
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Maeya
By Phoenix.Maeya 2010-09-13 08:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Lynxis said:
I'll give you a recommended macro to use with Meditate:

/ja meditate
/wait 2

If/when you get Saotome Kote, use this:

/equip hands "saotome kote"
/ja meditate
/wait 2
/equip hands "tp building hands"

make sure that you put the /wait in there. If you don't you will swap out your gear too early and you wont get the bonus effect.

As mentioned: At low levels, don't worry too much about gear swaps. Your accuracy is going to be abysmal so just use all the accuracy and dex gear you can get your hands on and wear it all the time. The only exception is if you have O-Kote, you should consider incorporating it into your WS macros. Your WS damage can jump anywhere from 20 to 40 points per WS which is a decent amount for a single piece at those levels.

I'm pretty sure you don't need the wait, I get 120-140% without the wait. /wait 1 should suffice if you want to be sure though.

I honestly cannot believe how many sams do not equip the AF helm for meditate, and just chuck the whole AF in storage lol.
By Kuryomi 2010-09-13 08:14:39
Link | Citer | R

my macroes for /ja gear /wait .5 and i get the full effects of my head and kote. just a small add on there ^^