6-Hit @ 50 Question.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 6-Hit @ 50 question.
6-Hit @ 50 question.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-09-03 13:45:28
Link | Citer | R

About to ding 50 on Sam and had a question about obtaining 6-Hit build. At 50 I will get +20 Store TP from Job Traits. I have Rajas, Ecphoria Ring, Shinimusha Haidate and Shinimusha Hara-Ate. This is a total of 41 Store TP. With Soboro having a 450 delay, I would need 46 Store TP to get a 6-Hit build. So the only way I can attain this at level 50 is to use some food with at least Store TP +5 on it. Am I figuring this right? If so, is it just not worth it to wear the other Store TP gear besides Rajas and just stick with my Accuracy/Attack/Str/Dex gear in those slots?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-03 13:57:01
Link | Citer | R

I would say don't worry about the 6 hit with Soboro. Soboro is kinda bleh that low anyways. Yes its frequent WS, but its also a *** ton of enmity, and at 50 you're gonna get pummeled. I would say level up your spear and when its applicable (like 55 or so) use it on birds.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-03 14:07:04
Link | Citer | R

should be more worried about your accuracy than a 6hit at that level

and sam weapon skills suck till you get yukki

and if you are not /drg or /rng dont bother with soboro

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-03 14:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Depends on your accuracy, and you aren't swapping any Haste for it so there's no real downside to it. 6hit is a 20% increase in WS frequency. Though if you're on birds a polearm would win, can 6hit it too.
By scaevola 2010-09-03 14:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Notably, your 41 total Store TP will get you a 7-hit build with a 396 delay polearm, which is what you've got access to at that level since couses don't show up until 60. That might be a better way for you to go in the short term unless you're having major accuracy problems.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-09-03 14:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Spears not a problem as I have Drg 76 with 4 Polearm merits. Guess I'll just keep the Rajas and Ecphoria on for a 7-hit. I didn't want to have to give up my accuracy food to get a 6-Hit now anyway, which was why I was asking. Well, that and making sure I was figuring my Store TP correctly.
By scaevola 2010-09-03 14:28:32
Link | Citer | R

Oh, also, at 52 you get access to Kamayari, a SAM-only 396 delay polearm that is one of the more unique/badass-looking weapons in the game. So there's that.
 Seraph.Lynxis
Serveur: Seraph
user: Lynxis
By Seraph.Lynxis 2010-09-05 15:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah polearm is definitely better, especially if you already have some merits in it. I think with merits you can get Penta at level 49 on Sam. At 52-54 you can start on Colibri and polearms seriously rock them until you have Tachi: Yukikaze anyway.
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-09-05 19:09:39
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I would say don't worry about the 6 hit with Soboro. Soboro is kinda bleh that low anyways. Yes its frequent WS, but its also a *** ton of enmity, and at 50 you're gonna get pummeled. I would say level up your spear and when its applicable (like 55 or so) use it on birds.

I don't get how Soboro is more "enmity" than any thing else he would use. A.K.A a polearm that would deal more dmg.