Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Alchemy » Alchemy 95-100 help
Alchemy 95-100 help
 Quetzalcoatl.Septemis
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Septemis
By Quetzalcoatl.Septemis 2009-01-20 15:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have any tips on alchemy for me? I'm currently 95.1, and the recipes are terrible in my opinion.

So just any tips would be greatly appreciated, or you can tell me suck it up and deal with what I've got.
 Seraph.Octaviusc
Serveur: Seraph
user: Octaviusc
By Seraph.Octaviusc 2009-01-20 16:06:12
Link | Citer | R

I have been synthing Papillions, and have just eaten the loss but they are good until 97. After that I would just do Pro-ethers but I am sure there are others with different opinions. Good luck to you.

P.S. Pro-ethers sell very fast on Seraph and allow me to make a little extra gil selling them as well so imo it is one of the better options to get to 100.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-01-20 16:12:36
Link | Citer | R

For me 95-98 was a no brainer. Philosopher's stones into platinum nuggets. I also made some gold nuggets which I used to skillup Goldsmithing to 54. On my server, platinum nuggets fluctuate a lot (perhaps due to gardening cycles?) but have hit as high as 35k which was pretty much a 20k profit for me while giving a great skillup rate. Even on your server where platinum prices appear lower, you should still be profiting while skilling up.

98 to 100 I'm working on Pro-ethers because they're about break even and sell reasonably quickly. Sun waters are also about break even, but sell too slowly for my taste.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2009-01-20 19:46:12
Link | Citer | R

i did alot of research and wrote a guide on wiki (check it out)but i think:

Flask Of Panacea 96-98

Pro-Ether 98-100

all other synths really are bad. Hope this helps :)
 Seraph.Zoey
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-01-20 20:39:21
Link | Citer | R

Xarchangel said:
i did alot of research and wrote a guide on wiki (check it out)but i think: Flask Of Panacea 96-98 Pro-Ether 98-100 all other synths really are bad. Hope this helps :)

Also, use your panacea to make nuggets to get your gil back faster.

Always use advanced synthesis on the panacea and nuggets to reduce potential for gil loss.
 Quetzalcoatl.Moshanee
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Moshanee
By Quetzalcoatl.Moshanee 2009-01-21 15:36:21
Link | Citer | R

I have done the research as well, and it is Panacea and Pro-Ethers, Like Xarchangel says. And sure, if using the pancacea to turn some platinum leaves around will make you more gil, go for it. You are already pushing the ethers it looks like. But essentially you are correct, the synths suck.

If you want to mix it up a little and work the system, goto qcdn.org and look up the dynamis scheduals for various shells. Contact shell leaders and see if you can make a deal for all their orc livers on Dynamis-San d'Oria runs. Most shells can drop 10-20 a run and don't bother with them because they are only worth ~2K. The synth is cheap and Cantarella is NPCable at a small loss. This may be more trouble than it is worth but it is an option. Besides, PrioryofSion needs a few good bards for our Xarcabard runs. We need you!! ^^ Happy synthing and on to 100 Alchemy skill.
 Seraph.Lucipherious
By Seraph.Lucipherious 2009-01-28 10:20:10
Link | Citer | R

My first 100 craft was alchemy on my mule Blondinette and at the time I was completing my craft, prices were terrible compared to today. I remember losing 5-10k per synth on any panacea or pro-ether. Nowadays prices are much better.

As others have mentioned, you start doing panacea and turning them into platinum nuggets.. panacea > nugget > panecea > nugget etc..

The Canterella synth is cheap and I always kept an eye on AH for the liver and bought em up even before I was 90. I also bought all the ones that dropped from my friends in dynamis. Looking ahead for your synths, stockpiling some rarer materials before you are ready to use em really helps make the push to 100 quicker when you finally get in range for that synth same goes for the other synths mentioned.

95-96 platnum nuggest
95-98 panacea
96-99 cantarella
97-100 pro ether

mix it up and goe with w/e materials are available, stock pile them if needed.

Good luck with completing your craft!
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-13 00:13:20
Link | Citer | R

Good guides for me also, my Alchemist is 91, any bridge synth I should take for 91-95? I'm aiming at Papillion considering the farming also provides side gil.
 Alexander.Ashleylarry
Serveur: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Ashleylarry 2009-02-13 19:16:26
Link | Citer | R

Sep don't skrew around with all those stupid synths.......from 95 to 100 do only pro ethers all others are a waste
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-16 17:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Farming for pro-ethers... I hope theres an easier way than praying that there are Wyvern wings on AH. I'm not exactly on a time schedule that can camp the AH for items when it seems as tho every alchemist gearing for 100 is going to buy these, any suggestions?
 Seraph.Lucipherious
By Seraph.Lucipherious 2009-02-22 15:02:02
Link | Citer | R

Kyaaadaa said:
Good guides for me also, my Alchemist is 91, any bridge synth I should take for 91-95? I'm aiming at Papillion considering the farming also provides side gil.

93 Icarus wings and marksman oil 95