Sam 75+ questions and gear
 Ifrit.Vextra
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-12 02:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cell said:
Back to OP. Me. I don't have Rose Strap or Brutal yet.

...get w.turban, use shinimusha legs, dusk gloves, fumas, rajas ring, and either ecphoria ring or chiv chain until you can either A) get a rose strap or B) get byakkos haidate.

edit: your sets

TP

upgrades:
1. Rose strap so you can use full perle
2. Get Brutal earring (only 75 abc's)
3. Try and get a better acc ring
4. Work on getting byakko's haidate

WS

upgrades:
1. Wyvern Helm
2. At least palla's bracelets, shoot for alky's or better
yet heafoc mitts
3. Minuet earring or Triumph earring instead of coral
4. Flame ring
5. WS in sam af legs until you can +1 them or get shura
6. 78 you will be replacing your feet with perle so hachiman
is sufficient until then.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cell
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-08-12 02:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Thank you.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-12 02:52:32
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cell said:
Thank you.

np, also if you can wait perle head has the same str as wyvern and its free as well^^
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-08-12 02:54:24
Link | Citer | R

I just hit 80 and have full perle set as stated in op.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-12 08:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cell said:

Good info thanks. What about Stp while in WS set? I mean I macro back to TP set before first swing, so does that not matter?

Also, Im on the last fight of Acp and was going to grab this. Is this completely worthless inplace of the Hauby?

Nuevo Coselete Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:49 HP+20 STR+5 DEX+5 VIT+5
LV 75 WAR PLD DRK SAM DRG

Acc. +10
Store Tp +4 Subtle Blow +4

Sorry fell asleep, but to answer your question

With 11STP for your 6 hit you MUST WS in 9STP to maintain it. 450 Delay with 9STP (and merits) gives you 16.5.
16.7*5 > 83.5 +16.5 = 100.

If you're using Shinumusha and Rajas you'd have to wear both of those during WS to maintain your 6hit. A better option would be to use Rajas/Hachiman feet (+1 till you get Brutal to avoid having to use neck/ring slot to maintain it).

So as of now your TP would be

Dusk/Turban/Shinimusha/Fuma/Rajas

And WS

Rajas/Hachiman feet +1

Your ideal set until Haidate would be something like

Full perle/Rajas/Rose strap/Brutal/Chiv chain

And WS in Hachi feet/Rajas/Brutal.

As for the Coselete, you're better of just using the above unless you plan to go for 5hit, in which case something as easily obtainable like a Domaru would suffice. Though I don't think you're going for 5hit just yet.

Edit: Ultimately though getting a true 6hit for either of those TP sets (by adding ecphoria/Chiv etc) would let you swap all of your pieces for WS.

So for 12 STP on TP and 0 STP on WS

16.9*5 > 84.5 + 15.5 = 100

Edit again:
Ifrit.Eckz said:

Unless I'm mistaken NQ Haub would be a better choice over Perle Hauberk if not using the full set.

It depends on certain factors. Whether or not you're severely finding attack/accuracy uncapped, and whether or not the additional STR is enough to raise your fSTR which is relevant to your total STR in TP phase. But if you're hard capping attack/accuracy regardless, and you're not getting a fSTR boost, then Osode would beat it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-12 14:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Ifrit.Eckz said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

If this is for a 450 delay GK such as hagun, rajas and brutal will be enough stp in ws to keep you at a 6hit build, my opinion save the coselete for something else! Also 78 upgrade hauby to perle.

edit: shinimusha haidate are a good alt until byakko's, these will allow you to tp in dusk gloves and fuma, assuming you have stp fully merited, which should be your first priority after dinging 75.

Unless I'm mistaken NQ Haub would be a better choice over Perle Hauberk if not using the full set.

nope perle is better

TP or WS?

I can't be bothered to read the entire thread.
then dont bother posting.

but,

....full perle at 78 if you dont have byakkos, ws in perle body (perle head isnt bad either) at 78 if you dont have osode

Who ***in your cheerios?
 Hades.Eliane
Serveur: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-08-12 14:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh my god, WHY PERLE, WRYYY.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-12 14:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Eliane said:

Because full Perle is actually good for DRG and DRK TP sets. And also, for a SAM that doesn't have Byakko's Haidate yet. (and has Rose strap, rajas etc. for his/her 6hit build.)
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-08-12 14:32:46
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Eliane said:

I full Perle because I don't have Byakko's. Without Byakko's, why not Perle?
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-08-12 15:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rawkhawk said:
Hades.Eliane said:

I full Perle because I don't have Byakko's. Without Byakko's, why not Perle?

I assume because I dont have Rose Strap yet as stated in first post that lists the gear that I have. I only have 10k in allied notes and Im on second medal so I still have aways to go.
 Ifrit.Eckz
user: Eckz
By Ifrit.Eckz 2010-08-12 17:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Yes, Rose strap will make Perle your best option, but before then you're better off with the 6-hit build using the Shinimusha Haidate. Generally you want to make sure you have a 6-hit then stack as much haste as you can while maintaining that 6-hit.
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-08-12 19:54:38
Link | Citer | R

K Im currently working on a Rose Strap. Ive been tryng to get a W. Turban for 3 days but Chocoroon has been kidnapped and I have no idea when he will be back if some *** pt doesnt go get him. Gdi. =) So I have 1k in bronze peices on me which sucks for space. So after reading the info here, this is my setup without W Turban and without Rose Strap for now (Keep in my mind Im not using Windower, Im using 1 macro for TP set, 1 macro for WS set, and 1 macro for the WS.)

TP

Hagun
Pole Grip
Smart Bomb

Perle Salade
Chiv Chain
Fowling
Coral

Hauby
Dusk Gloves
Rajas
Ecphoria

Amemet +1
Swift Belt
Shinimusha Haidate
Fumas

Things Im changing to for WS:

Kirin's Osode
Hachiman Kote
Ruby Ring
Warwolf Belt
Myochin Haidate
Hachiman Sune-Ate

I have Smilodin +1 to swap for Amemet +1 but out of space in macro lines and Id rather swap out belt over back as Amemet has Str and Swift Belt does not.

So I believe that gives me 12% haste and 13 Stp in Tp set and +44 Str and 19 Stp in Ws set. Not sure how to figure out how much Acc I have. So how is that for now? 12% haste and 6-hit build?

Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-12 19:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cell said:
K Im currently working on a Rose Strap. Ive been tryng to get a W. Turban for 3 days but Chocoroon has been kidnapped and I have no idea when he will be back if some *** pt doesnt go get him. Gdi. =) So I have 1k in bronze peices on me which sucks for space. So after reading the info here, this is my setup without W Turban and without Rose Strap for now (Keep in my mind Im not using Windower, Im using 1 macro for TP set, 1 macro for WS set, and 1 macro for the WS.)

TP

Hagun
Pole Grip
Smart Bomb

Perle Salade
Chiv Chain
Fowling
Coral

Hauby
Dusk Gloves
Rajas
Ecphoria

Amemet +1
Swift Belt
Shinimusha Haidate
Fumas

Kirin's Osode
Hachiman Kote
Ruby Ring
Warwolf Belt
Myochin Haidate
Hachiman Sune-Ate

I have Smilodin +1 to swap for Amemet +1 but out of space in macro lines and Id rather swap out belt over back as Amemet has Str and Swift Belt does not.

So I believe that gives me 12% haste and 13 Stp in Tp set and +44 Str and 19 Stp in Ws set. Not sure how to figure out how much Acc I have. So how is that for now? 12% haste and 6-hit build?

Fine for now, pretty much told ya what you should be trying to get for upgrades a few posts ago
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-08-12 20:00:56
Link | Citer | R

People wanted Perle untill the price tag dropped to 15k...
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-08-12 20:14:59
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Phoenix.Cell said:

TP

Hagun
Pole Grip
Smart Bomb

Perle Salade
Chiv Chain
Fowling
Coral

Hauby
Dusk Gloves
Rajas
Ecphoria

Amemet +1
Swift Belt
Shinimusha Haidate
Fumas

Kirin's Osode
Hachiman Kote
Ruby Ring
Warwolf Belt
Myochin Haidate
Hachiman Sune-Ate

Fine for now, pretty much told ya what you should be trying to get for upgrades a few posts ago

Yep. I joined an end game LS today and first thing Im going to work on is Byakko's Haidate and some coins in Limbus for brutal. Thanks.
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-13 03:28:53
Link | Citer | R

I don't know why these "optimal" ws sets include Masamune and Cerberus Mantle +1. Fortis Mantle is cheaper than Cerb+1 and better (Due to Gekko's native 2.0 attack boost, attack is less needed). Masamune is easily beaten by Kokushitsonutachi and the OAT weapon is much easier to get.

You could always get a Keitonotachi and 6hit it with full Perle on if 5hit isn't comfortable and it would probably beat the mix n match hagun set that's been posted. (Honestly I don't know how perle Keitono is vs. that Hagun set I just wanted to comment on the use of a Cerb +1 over even a Smilodon +1 and how Masamune is overrated...)
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-15 02:25:32
Link | Citer | R

wow Elanabelle you sure talk about sam a lot

and this is your sam tp set.... makes me wonder

you lost 3%haste from not wearing fumas,dusk gloves, turban

and your kasha ws set could use some changes/improvements

change perle head for kasha, stick with a mantle, alk bracelets do you have those? Leave S. mantle for gekko. Perle body is pretty good for kasha.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-15 08:09:21
Link | Citer | R

make a sTP+5 keito for a easy 6hit without a rose grip

easy trials to get to the dmg:91/stp+5 gk
goten x100 > jinpu x200 > koki birds x300 > ws aquans x800 = FIN

using gear u have^^ and 1% more haste
can afford to drop c.chain for pcc/pca in this build as well if 5/5 sTP merits