How Much Haste To Give Up For -1hit?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » How much haste to give up for -1hit?
How much haste to give up for -1hit?
 Valefor.Jimmysnuka
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Thud
By Valefor.Jimmysnuka 2010-07-14 08:43:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious what the general consensus is on just how many haste slots should be sacrificed in order to obtain a 1 hit less setup.

For example, to pull off 5-hit polearm without usu, I would have to give up hand and feet slot for hachiman. 6hit+6%haste > 5hit-6%haste?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-14 08:57:32
Link | Citer | R

29.3%
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Serveur: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-07-14 09:03:18
Link | Citer | R

Assuming the polearm is a Tomoe with 480 delay then it would take you 40 seconds to get to 100%tp with a 5-hit and 48seconds with a 6-hit this is with 0% haste. Now if you factor in the 6% haste the 6-hit has it will take it 45.12 second to get to 100%. So with no other sources of haste the 5-hit will win by 5.12 seconds.

As for the question of how much haste is worth a -hit it all depends on what the delay of the wep is and how much haste.

P.s. My math may be wrong if anyone sees something wrong feel free to point it out. ^^

[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-14 09:16:51
Link | Citer | R

5hit is a ~25% increase in WS frequency compared to a 6hit. 6% Haste can beat this at very high levels of haste (haste/march x2/hasso/haste samba) but otherwise will have a lot of trouble, especially on SAM.
 Valefor.Jimmysnuka
user: Thud
By Valefor.Jimmysnuka 2010-07-14 09:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the quick replies all. Sounds like it might be worth it for polearm (gondo :s), but I won't bother pushing for it with my kurodachi. 29STP is a lot when you don't have usu XD
 Cerberus.Saithorx
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saithorx
By Cerberus.Saithorx 2010-07-14 09:43:53
Link | Citer | R

It all depends on how much haste you have. If you are going from only 6% haste down to 0, then 5 hit will be better, but if you trade off 80% haste for 74% haste, haste will win. I think a better way to word this would be, "How much haste is needed to perform better then a 5 hit?"

Other factors would be how much damage your melee swings are doing vs your weapon skills. there are a lot of factors. I would do some personal testing and parsing to see what performs best in different situations.
 Valefor.Koehr
user: Koehr
By Valefor.Koehr 2010-07-14 19:41:14
Link | Citer | R

if you have exact same haste on 5 hit vs 6 hit and same gear
say 19% haste let's say for both

someone was saying 25% WS frequency increase for 5 hit

given same gear same haste
what would be the base damage of a GKT for a 6 hit that could match a "5 hit 84DMG GKT" damage output

doesn't matter i guess what haste / march u got as same gear haste for either setup.

Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Serveur: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-07-14 22:33:47
Link | Citer | R

@OP

With a 480 delay polearm, rajas, brutal, rose strap, ecp ring (or chiv chain), and hachi hands should put you at a perfect 5-hit. Only haste you're sacrificing would be the 3% from going to hachi from dusk.

At least I think that would be correct. I get exactly 20tp a hit with my 480 polearm.
 Cerberus.Saithorx
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saithorx
By Cerberus.Saithorx 2010-07-15 08:57:14
Link | Citer | R

yes, that would be exactly a 5 hit.

19 stp is required if you have stp fully merited.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-15 09:02:06
Link | Citer | R

To be honest you can just wear Peacock Charm instead of Chivalrous Chain. Because you should be getting at least 23TP+ return from your Penta Thrust, if you don't then your accuracy sucks and should be using Great Katana anyway.

Feather Tickle and similar moves are the exception of course.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Serveur: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-07-15 09:28:36
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
To be honest you can just wear Peacock Charm instead of Chivalrous Chain. Because you should be getting at least 23TP return from your Penta Thrust, if you don't then your accuracy sucks and should be using Great Katana anyway.

Feather Tickle and similar moves are the exception of course.

That's what I was doing originally but it's unreliable.