New Player/72 Sam With Some Questions.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » New player/72 Sam with some questions.
New player/72 Sam with some questions.
By Cell 2010-07-09 16:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Im in my 4th month of play and Sam is my main and will most likely stay that way. I get a lot of good info from this section so thought Id post some questions I have as far and gear and direction I should be headed in game. I have all expansions except latest. Im Hume from Bastok.

Jobs:

72 Sam
40 Nin
36 Dnc
34 War
30 Drg
Rng 23
Thf 18

Stats:

GK = 236
Pole = 201
Evasion = 221
Parry = 117

Rank 6
Cop 5-3
Zilart none

Gear:

TP Build

Hagun/Soboro
Pole Grip
Smart Grenade
Sipahi Turban
Chiv Chain
Coral Earring x2
Haubergeon
Ochimusha kote
Ecphoria Ring
Sniper's Ring
Amement mantle
Potent Belt
Shinimusha haidate
Sarutobi kyahan

WS Build

I change 4 peices to Hachiman

Hachiman domaru
Hachiman kote
Hachiman hakama
Hachiman sune-ate

Meditate

I macro in Myochin Kabuto

I just beat Maat and hit 72 a few days ago. Havent used my Hagun so much as Ive been /Dnc in Cape Teriggan with Soboro, doing pages and skilling up my GK so I can get Tachi of Trials. Im not really getting skillups on my GK now that Ive hit 236 on what I can solo, crabs and gobs. Was told to move to Colibri in B Thicket. Tryng to knock out Cop when I can so I can get Rajas ring. Also Id like to work on getting a Bushinomimi earring. So what should I be working on as far as gear and things obtained from missions and quests? I know my stats and gear are lacking, but I try and get something done every day. I really like 72 Sam/Dnc with Soboro for staying alive solo. Im also not really sure what hit build I should have and what not. Now after the update, Im not sure what guides and gear are still valid. Are there things I should skip now and move on to newer gear. (Why is Perle so ugly? Looks like the Iron Ram gear. Mainly the legs and helm bother me.) Anyways any info, tips or help would be great. If this is too noob and needs to be moved, please do so.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-09 16:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Hachiman Hakama are crap, use AF or get fourth legs/other legs with str for WS. Work on Sea because Rajas ring is important for your 6hit and I recommend you work on Abyssea for some Perle gear, great str feet for WS as well as str head. Moogle head is another option but if you don't have it or don't want to buy it/do the quests you can stick with Perle. The set also gives a good amount of haste until you get Byakko's Haidate and you can work on campaign for a Rose Strap. Don't forget a Walahra turban at 75 and get yourself a Swift Belt, it's ridiculously easy now.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-09 17:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Hachiman Hakama are crap, use AF or get fourth legs/other legs with str for WS. Work on Sea because Rajas ring is important for your 6hit and I recommend you work on Abyssea for some Perle gear, great str feet for WS as well as str head. Moogle head is another option but if you don't have it or don't want to buy it/do the quests you can stick with Perle. The set also gives a good amount of haste until you get Byakko's Haidate and you can work on campaign for a Rose Strap. Don't forget a Walahra turban at 75 and get yourself a Swift Belt, it's ridiculously easy now.
i need to get rose strap and then to 78 so i can have my haste/tp build working.
i want my kitty pants ;_;
lol.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-09 17:44:57
Link | Citer | R

You'll need 21 Store-TP for a 6hit @LV72. Looking at the gear you've mention that is basically, Hachiman Feet & Hands, Chivalrous Chain, Ecphoria Ring, Shinimusha haidate and that cheap earring for 1STP.

You will pretty much need to WS in Domaru but that will unlock Ring and Feet for other STR choices, although there aren't many alternatives for the Feet slot.

As stated work on Swift Belt as that can be solo'd by SAM easily know. Just 2HR and Y/G/K and he will be dead. Rose is a beautiful addition as stated, and Walahra Turban @75 is a must.

Okotes aren't that great for GKT but are amazing for Polearm and specifically Penta Thrust, which if you haven't leveled, I would do so asap as it's awesome!
 Sylph.Vincentius
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-07-09 17:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Okotes aren't that great for GKT but are amazing for Polearm and specifically Penta Thrust, which if you haven't leveled, I would do so asap as it's awesome!

Polearm is only awesome if you build it properly. Without the effort into it, you should just stick with GKT.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cell
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2010-07-09 19:42:10
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
You'll need 21 Store-TP for a 6hit @LV72. Looking at the gear you've mention that is basically, Hachiman Feet & Hands, Chivalrous Chain, Ecphoria Ring, Shinimusha haidate and that cheap earring for 1STP.

So:

Hachiman Sune-Ate = +5 stp
Hachiman kote = +8 stp
Chivalrous Chain = +1 stp
Ecphoria ring = +1 stp
Shinimusha haidate = +6 stp

is 21 store tp without "cheap earring for 1stp", which im not sure what you mean. So with my Hagun that is a 6 hit tp build setup for me at 72? Then swap in some str rings for my WS setup for now?