users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Keitonotachi
Keitonotachi
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ravenwolf
By Odin.Jordaniella 2010-07-02 03:38:28
Link | Citer | R

While im trying to do Masamune, ill wanted to try others too.
Which would be better Keitonotachi
DMG91, store tp +5
DMG89, Tachi: Kasha +10%
Both with 464 delay.

Kasha might not been now so much. But what future updates will improve those.
Perhaps more store tp and of course higher dmg.
Tachi gk little less dmg, but in future it can be all ws and who knows % can probly be higher.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-07-02 03:50:14
Link | Citer | R

I have the DMG:91 Store TP+5 Keito, works wonders, can use the full 20% Haste and TP in ACC Body and Pole Grip again, no more need for STP gear for 6 hit lol =)

Also you can sacrifice certain pieces and end up with about 13% Haste for a true 5 hit setup. Requires you to TP in Askar Korazin, Rose Grip, Hachiman Kote, Nobushi Kyahan/Hachiman Sune-Ate, Chiv Chain, Brutal Earring, Rajas and Ecphoria Ring.... Also have to WS in Hachiman Sune-Ate to keep it a TRUE 5 HIT BUILD....but, its hardly worth it for having to sacrifice that much haste it will end up working out slower DPS than the 6 hit. When we find Goading Belt it may be more viable and easier to obtain without having to sacrifice so much haste =)
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-02 04:05:14
Link | Citer | R

I picked DMG+11 & Tachi: Kasha+10% because like above I don't have Usukane body and therefore am restricted to a 6hit. The 464 delay means I can use Sword Strap over Pole Grip, and I now spam Kasha and not Gekko.

Kind of a stepping stone before Masamune.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-02 04:13:14
Link | Citer | R

You also have 5STP too much in that set Ryukuro: 464 delay needs 29STP so you can have 17% Haste if you choose the 5STP augment.

Keitonotachi 5
Rose Strap 4
Brutal Earring1
Chivalrous Chain 1
Askar Korazin 5
Hachiman Kote 8
Rajas 5

=29STP

Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-07-02 04:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Ah yeah thanks, I think when I was playing with it I had Pole Grip on and so used Nobushi Kyahan instead of the Rose Strap.... duh!

I also used Ace's Help for TP instead of Turban to make up for the lack of ACC ^
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-02 04:45:41
Link | Citer | R

If anyone is hell bent on using a 5hit with this weapon then this is the best/cost efficient setup I can think of:

Store-TP +29
Haste +17%

As we now have a raise in combat skills, A+ caps at 301, add another 16 from merits and 5 from Bushi and you've got 322 when capped.

If using Marinara Pizza +1 you'd have 460acc with Hasso active, which was pretty *** near what I had 2 weeks ago using Hagun & Hauby +1 lol.

Edit: You would have to WS in Hachiman Domaru however, and full time the hands of course.
By Odin.Jordaniella 2010-07-02 08:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Thank you..
Been watch also those new version str, att gkatana. How those would be. Its same dmg than that kasha gk, but +6 str and +20 att. Future update will probly raise those too. Might wanna try those too. :)
I usually solo all my lvls, so doing those is no problem.

ninja edit. there seem to be thread about that gk alrdy, so can forget this.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-02 08:14:23
Link | Citer | R

What trials do I have to do to get the STP 5 one? (from start to finish >.>)

Think I might have something to work on lol.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-02 08:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Kaitenotachi is on the second page of weapons via the chest next to the moogle. There is only 1 trial and it branches out at the final stage.

It doesn't take long to complete, just very boring...
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-02 08:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Kaitenotachi is on the second page of weapons via the chest next to the moogle. There is only 1 trial and it branches out at the final stage.

It doesn't take long to complete, just very boring...

Oh nice, i'll have a look at it when I get done with dynamis.
 Carbuncle.Neptuna
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: neptuna
By Carbuncle.Neptuna 2010-07-02 08:48:50
Link | Citer | R

For both it's:

1. Tachi: Goten x 100 on any mobs that gives exp
2. Tachi: Jinpu x 200 on any mobs that give exp
3. Tacho: Koki x 300 on birds that give exp

Then you decide which path to finish with

A. DMG 89 DEL 464 Tachi: Kasha DMG+10%
Tachi: Kasha 500 times against Vermin

B. DMG 91 DEL 464 Store TP5
Any GKT WS against Aquans x 800

So far this line of trials for all weapons includes the "final" form with our quested WSNM's. Will be interesting to see what add to this path in the update.
By Odin.Jordaniella 2010-07-02 09:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Eep, now its done, except last. I might do daggers first and decide later. though if it seems later other one was better, than do that. Like dirty said, these are done quite quickly.
By Odin.Jordaniella 2010-07-02 10:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Well, i decide to do store tp gk. Might do that other too and test better and see what next update gonna give us.
 Cerberus.Oblit
Serveur: Cerberus
user: oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-07-03 21:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Just finished my Keitonotachi D91 Store tp+5. I ws in bobcat belt(Store tp-6) and this GK still put me to 5hit build.

Food:Carbonara

I still like my 5hit build Kurodachi better, but I WS in 5 less STR when I use Kurodachi. The STP+5 belt will fix this problem.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-07-03 21:57:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Oblit said:
Just finished my Keitonotachi D91 Store tp 5. I ws in bobcat belt(Store tp-6) and this GK still put me to 5hit build.

Invalid Item Set

Invalid Item Set

I still like my 5hit build Kurodachi better, but I WS in 10 less STR when I use Kurodachi. The STP 5 belt will fix this problem.

Honestly can't see how you keep 5 hit after ws with that build, might just be me though......

I don't think the 5hit is worth it at the moment...maybe when the stp+5 belt is found...
 Cerberus.Oblit
user: oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-07-03 22:34:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Cerberus.Oblit said:
Just finished my Keitonotachi D91 Store tp 5. I ws in bobcat belt(Store tp-6) and this GK still put me to 5hit build.

I still like my 5hit build Kurodachi better, but I WS in 10 less STR when I use Kurodachi. The STP 5 belt will fix this problem.

Honestly can't see how you keep 5 hit after ws with that build, might just be me though......

I don't think the 5hit is worth it at the moment...maybe when the stp 5 belt is found...

18.2% tp return after ws, 20.6% tp per swing in haste gear. 100.6% tp after 1 WS and 4 hits.

Like I said Kurodachi is still my favorite. But my 5hit Keiton is way better than Hagun at the moment.

Edit: this GK is not worth using if you don't 5hit. I saw you were using it 6hit hit build.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-20 18:23:41
Link | Citer | R

I know I need a lot of improvement, and I know where to mostly improve, but I am not sure on which set to tp in with what I currently have (Both are 6-hit)...

First i have the New weapon

With this equip

Or should I stick with my regular hagun set up
 Cerberus.Dracionx
user: dracionx
By Cerberus.Dracionx 2010-07-20 18:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Gonna say the new setup is better. The Trial weapon set. Looks like it will do more damage on non HNM mobs anyway. I am not sure if it will do more on HNMS I think it will, but really do not know. Should do some testing. non buffed though I think the first set would be better
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-22 18:00:03
Link | Citer | R

im at the split
liking the dmg89 kasha+10% better to stack with the new abilities received 76-80

kasha+10%
overwhelm+19%
SC Bonus
Sengikori

when not spamming kasha a quick gekko > kasha for fusion seems would be very nice
 Bahamut.Satanas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-22 18:31:55
Link | Citer | R

I like both as well, but I'm a gekko spammer since I don't have the gorget for kasha lulz..... so I went for the sTP one.
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2010-07-22 20:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
If anyone is hell bent on using a 5hit with this weapon then this is the best/cost efficient setup I can think of:

Store-TP +29
Haste +17%

As we now have a raise in combat skills, A+ caps at 301, add another 16 from merits and 5 from Bushi and you've got 322 when capped.

If using Marinara Pizza +1 you'd have 460acc with Hasso active, which was pretty *** near what I had 2 weeks ago using Hagun & Hauby +1 lol.

Edit: You would have to WS in Hachiman Domaru however, and full time the hands of course.
Best I could think of:

432 Accuracy with Pizza+1. 20.1 TP per hit. 19.8 TP per WS. Keep full haste gear.
Probably not worth it over Sword Strap 6 hit though.
Oh and Rose Strap is nice, but I don't campaign so I never looked into it.