Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » The latest Hagun thread
The latest Hagun thread
 Shiva.Superdan
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-07-03 16:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Meh, I refuse to sell my Hagun for a mere 700k, I'd prefer to keep it as a trophy. I have nothing better yet, and don't plan on levelling my SAM to 80 for a month or so, so I'll stick with my trusty Hagun for now.

I seriously don't do much endgame, so unless the gem's can be acquired by like 4-6 people, then I doubt I'm gunna aim for the masmune (I've got no idea, haven't looked up what drops). Prolly go with the Kasha GK or something.

But knowing SE, at Lv85 we'll get some kickass new WS and have to do another trial from scratch for get new WS:+10% dmg, so might even stick with AH GK's till 99... idc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-07-03 16:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Tempted to pick one up for ***'s and giggles and my Raden is nearly done. To be honest SAM isn't one of the jobs I care a whole lot about but it's cool more Trials of the Magians are opening up. The Kasha GK looks damn nice I might add, I've always loved Kasha out of the big 3.
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-03 16:41:27
Link | Citer | R

Where would,

Hyogugusarinotachi
DMG: 89, Delay 437
STR+6 Attack+20

rank for gkt?
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-04 01:42:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Where would,

Hyogugusarinotachi
STR 6 Attack 20

rank for gkt?
Pretty damn high honestly lol. 437 delay (same as masamune) would require that +5STP 5% haste belt though. Attack is rather moot (or at least used to be cap 75?) in all honesty. The only time attack is useful is on polearm builds which obviously negates the entire idea.

STR+6 on weaponskills would be nice but i'm not sure if it would beat the +10% on kasha WS along with the new JA/JT closing light.

I personally will continue to work on Masamune (@Urd stage finally -_-;) and use the Kasha+10% weapon in the mean time.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-04 02:12:32
Link | Citer | R

I plan to work on Masamune path but I also want a good katana till I can get it made so was looking at that STR one. People have said the stp one is good to 5 hit it but it looks like to much of a str loss on WS to keep 5hit for my licking.

Maybe there is another great katana I am missing but not sure.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-04 02:25:39
Link | Citer | R

The nice thing is... everyone should still try to SOMEDAY eventually shoot for amano if you are serious about SAM.

I mean yeah 99% of people who play this will never see a relic weapon, but at least we know up to level 99 we will probably see more and more trials/augments to keep the weapon up to date.

There is no way they would let mythics/relics get pushed aside after all that work/gil.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-04 02:44:27
Link | Citer | R

Eh, at this point, I wouldnt bother with a relic, not only do you need all the time and money to make the damn thing, all the time it will take getting it upgraded is like getting a 2nd relic.

But to each their own.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-04 02:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
But to each their own.
Indeed.

I still plan to upgrade the Kasha+10% weapon -> Finish Masamune -> Eventually augment Masamune -> Finally start back up on amano.

At least for the moment anyhoo.

Off to bed for the night >_< sleeeeep.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-04 03:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
People can get higher levels,
Higher level means higher damage Great Katana's.
People who want to go through the trials can expect something shiny.
On cerberus at one point a hagun was selling for 300k.
it's now balanced out to around 700k.
I'm personally holding 6 Hagun's at the moment waiting for them to balance back to 1,000,000g.
Because I know for a fact they will.
It's just another one of those things people go crazy over worrying about not being able to sell certain pieces of gear.
But there's always going to be 75 samurai's that want a Hagun :)

Well not to tug at your rope here, but if they don't sell, at the price you think you want, you might get screwed so you may have to take that chance....

after all if you undercut a lil bit, you'll still be ahead.. or you can just sell at a mill and make ppl pay...

I'm not playing Sam much now that I'm on blu, so meh!

Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-04 03:26:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Willoflame said:
The Masamune and it's side-sessor, forget the name... They both outdo hagun. The Hagun comes close, don't get me wrong, but... It has been outdone. However, for those who don't wish to do Magian Trials like myself, the Hagun is still a viable option.

I perfer this comment. Def a fence sitter type of comment. Not being derogitory or pleasant either...

Just saying that there are other viable options out there, and its all about the one big word....

"CHOICE".
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-07-05 14:56:45
Link | Citer | R

i personaly cant wait to see hagun dead and buried.

in no way am i saying hagun is rubbish..wht i am saying is im sick to death of hearing about 1 weapon in ls chat in forum's in tell in party chat and i for one loved every minute of the price drop because now the poor peeps can use it and talk less about it when its not used as much as the new kid on the block(wht ever lvl 99 GK that might be)

fecking thing get's more publicity that George.W

[+]
By Vaashe 2010-07-09 04:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Until I see a GK with +10% DMG to all GK Weaponskills, Hagun will always be by trusty sidekick. =)
[+]
 Unicorn.Sedres
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-07-09 04:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Hagun is still the heaviest hitter for 100% Gekko's (until we get a GK with ~120ish base DMG I think). If you need the extra attack from Gekko over Kasha, it'll be worth keeping hold of your Hagun (Spent 2.4mil on mine, selling for 600k seem's kinda pointless now XD)
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-09 04:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Just how much extra base damage do you need to out-do the TP bonus with a 75 DMG GK?

I would have thought (being a complete Sam noob) that this would come very close, if not surpass it:

Alternatively, any of these might even be better, higher base DMG, same delay as Hagun so you don't have to even change your set, and benefit the whole party/alliance:

Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Serveur: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-07-09 04:50:54
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
Just how much extra base damage do you need to out-do the TP bonus with a 75 DMG GK?

Someone said it would have to be like 94-95 base damage but I didn't see numbers to back it up.

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

I do think it is safe to say that trials are the way to go for the future.
 Valefor.Archeron
Serveur: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Archeron 2010-07-09 04:55:41
Link | Citer | R

I have recently started on:
Hyogugusarinotachi
STR+6 Attack+20

Bt the problem is those trials take so *** long! If your in a busy EG based ls that raid 5/6 times a week, keeping your buffer, levelling your old 75's to 80, making gil AND trying to do these Trials is nigh on impossible, throw in to the mix i work like 40 hours a week annnnnnd, ***.My.Life ;_;

Hagun, i still <3'z joo
[+]
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2010-07-09 05:15:46
Link | Citer | R

Snippet from Amok's blog: http://ffxi-amok.blogspot.com/

Quote:
Hagun WS = Masamune WS
75+fSTR+WSC * 1.875 * P-Dif = 97+fSTR+WSC * 1.5625 * P-Dif

So basically asking: "when are the WS damages of Hagun and Masamune equal?"

p-dif is the same on both sides and the difference in fTP can be represented simpler. So you get:

75+fSTR+WSC * 1.2 = 97+fSTR+WSC
becomes
90 + 1.2 fSTR + 1.2 WSC = 97+fSTR+WSC
0.2 fSTR + 0.2 WSC = 7
fSTR+WSC = 35

Masamune and Hagun WS damage will be the same when fSTR together with secondary modifiers add up to 35. The moment it adds up to MORE than 35, hagun actually wins.
[snip]
Considering you can do a Sneak Attack+Gekko to a Sky god for over 1K damage, that means that even on high level mobs (assuming p-dif of 3) fSTR+WSC can add up to more than 100.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Serveur: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-07-09 05:23:42
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, that's just about what I was looking for.

Now how about 6hit hagun vs 5hit Keitonotachi?
 Bahamut.Valencea
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Valencea
By Bahamut.Valencea 2010-07-09 06:02:26
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Kaomii said:
Snippet from Amok's blog: http://ffxi-amok.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Hagun WS = Masamune WS 75 fSTR WSC * 1.875 * P-Dif = 97 fSTR WSC * 1.5625 * P-Dif So basically asking: "when are the WS damages of Hagun and Masamune equal?" p-dif is the same on both sides and the difference in fTP can be represented simpler. So you get: 75 fSTR WSC * 1.2 = 97 fSTR WSC becomes 90 1.2 fSTR 1.2 WSC = 97 fSTR WSC 0.2 fSTR 0.2 WSC = 7 fSTR WSC = 35 Masamune and Hagun WS damage will be the same when fSTR together with secondary modifiers add up to 35. The moment it adds up to MORE than 35, hagun actually wins. [snip] Considering you can do a Sneak Attack Gekko to a Sky god for over 1K damage, that means that even on high level mobs (assuming p-dif of 3) fSTR WSC can add up to more than 100.

Thats all i saw. I went and got some soda to celebrate.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-09 07:00:49
Link | Citer | R

can't wait til hagun is 100k so i can get it cheap and laugh at everyone else who got theirs for 1mil+

=D
[+]
 Ramuh.Ragni
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2010-07-09 07:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Meh sorry but to beat hagun ur gkt need to have around 105 atk. I'm not fanboy of hagun or something lol, but its math. Hagun now slightly beat Masamune. But i believe in future augments on Masamune - hagun can hide ;)
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-09 07:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Ragni said:
Meh sorry but to beat hagun ur gkt need to have around 105 atk. I'm not fanboy of hagun or something lol, but its math. Hagun now slightly beat Masamune. But i believe in future augments on Masamune - hagun can hide ;)
shhhhhhhhhhh

let them think hagun isn't the best anymore so i can get one cheap
[+]
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Serveur: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-07-09 15:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Ragni said:

By 105 atk I assume you mean 105 dmg but even then you're wrong. What you're saying would only be close to being true if you compared the damage of weapon skills only between the two spamming at 100%. But if you're saying that the 22 extra damage in the tp phase from masamune wouldn't exceed that of the tp bonus from hagun during ws, you're wrong. Hagun is still a great weapon, but saying that it is better that masamune is just crazy.
[+]
By Mirvana 2010-07-09 16:21:03
Link | Citer | R

Not to mention Masamune will undoubtedly have more trials to make it even beefier, possibly hitting that 105dmg mark.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-20 05:19:38
Link | Citer | R

5 hit keitonachi, 6 hit 91dmg radennotachi, oat gkt all beat hagun.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-07-20 05:29:34
Link | Citer | R

oh okay
 Fenrir.Seigfreid
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Futaba
By Fenrir.Seigfreid 2010-07-20 18:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Bought mine for 3mil a couple of years ago, kind of depressing to see it this low now, I've never been one to have a consistently high amount of money in this game.
 Asura.Maijen
Serveur: Asura
user: Maijen
By Asura.Maijen 2010-07-28 15:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Well looking at the new game content that came out in the past months, i'd figure that it might be possible to aug a hagun reclaiming its former glory. But then again again i review SE decisions on certain things in game and smack myself of thinking of a sensible outcome.

what if masamune got tp bonus or hagun was able to get higher dmg? i wonder what will happen first lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-28 15:12:47
Link | Citer | R

I think SE will make the empyrean weapons specific to the classes that can use it. Maybe get some massive str/store tp on the weapon