Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » The latest Hagun thread
The latest Hagun thread
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-06-30 15:16:48
Link | Citer | R

What are your thoughts on why the price of Hagun is falling so much after the recent version update?

Does every Samurai think they're going to have Masamune now?
If that's not it, then what other Great Katana released in the recent update has so many selling Hagun?
[+]
 Phoenix.Usmrsiberian
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Usmrsiberian 2010-06-30 15:19:04
Link | Citer | R

People are stupid, just sit on it and once they figure out that the Hagun is still worth something it will spike back up to 3mli.

I would love to have something better but atm most of it wont beat it out.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-06-30 15:19:30
Link | Citer | R

With the new ***coming out they aren't worth it anymore.

[+]
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-30 15:21:09
Link | Citer | R

People can get higher levels,
Higher level means higher damage Great Katana's.
People who want to go through the trials can expect something shiny.
On cerberus at one point a hagun was selling for 300k.
it's now balanced out to around 700k.
I'm personally holding 6 Hagun's at the moment waiting for them to balance back to 1,000,000g.
Because I know for a fact they will.
It's just another one of those things people go crazy over worrying about not being able to sell certain pieces of gear.
But there's always going to be 75 samurai's that want a Hagun :)
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-30 15:23:20
Link | Citer | R

The Masamune and it's side-sessor, forget the name... They both outdo hagun. The Hagun comes close, don't get me wrong, but... It has been outdone. However, for those who don't wish to do Magian Trials like myself, the Hagun is still a viable option.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 15:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
People can get higher levels,
Higher level means higher damage Great Katana's.
People who want to go through the trials can expect something shiny.
On cerberus at one point a hagun was selling for 300k.
it's now balanced out to around 700k.
I'm personally holding 6 Hagun's at the moment waiting for them to balance back to 1,000,000g.
Because I know for a fact they will.
It's just another one of those things people go crazy over worrying about not being able to sell certain pieces of gear.
But there's always going to be 75 samurai's that want a Hagun :)

Not to mention the new samurais in the making that will inevitably come in masses. Hagun is still great for its level.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-30 15:26:47
Link | Citer | R

Also, anyone think its funny how SE released the Goading belt (STP+5, Haste+5) at the same time as the Masamune which has a lower delay, requiring +5 STP more than a 450 delay GKT to manage a 6-hit?
 Fenrir.Takien
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2010-06-30 15:29:11
Link | Citer | R

The Masamune is not easy to get by any means. Everyone that sold their hagun thinking they was gonna get a Masamune are sadly misten the 50 Gems are not easy to come by at all.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-06-30 15:49:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
People can get higher levels, Higher level means higher damage Great Katana's. People who want to go through the trials can expect something shiny. On cerberus at one point a hagun was selling for 300k. it's now balanced out to around 700k. I'm personally holding 6 Hagun's at the moment waiting for them to balance back to 1,000,000g. Because I know for a fact they will. It's just another one of those things people go crazy over worrying about not being able to sell certain pieces of gear. But there's always going to be 75 samurai's that want a Hagun :)
Not to mention the new samurais in the making that will inevitably come in masses. Hagun is still great for its level.

U guys couldnt of said it better, i also am buyin em up from this server, its like a follow the leader thing, and im sure newer gks will be stronger but y gimp yourself till then?
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-06-30 15:49:58
Link | Citer | R

I am personally very happy that the price went down. I always thought it was overpriced. I bought mine just a few days ago at 590k... When just a few months ago I was just short of 1.8mil (around how much it cost at the time).

I will have to see what kind of GK's come out in the updates for the rest of the year. Most of the new ones, while I may have been impressed, I do not know how to get most of them or which would suit my needs best. At least for getting from 75-80 I'm definitely sticking with hagun. Although as a backup I also have my Rindomaru with +14stp. So if the price ever does decide to skyrocket again I can just sell it if need be. Even if it doesn't, I may sell it eventually if something better comes along.
[+]
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-07-03 15:04:27
Link | Citer | R

i used a friend of mines for a while he came back took it back than eventually quit again >< , tried to get it back but he had sold it when he was trying to lvl up nin. its nice to have but idk i wasn't too impressed with it. did fine with out it.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-03 15:11:16
Link | Citer | R

The funny thing is, the masamune IS easy to get. The NM can drop up to 2x gems and the simple fact you can do abyssea like nyzul (few times a week or w/e). All you need is some patience/farming and you can save yourself a few million gil.

Hagun is/was great for 75... but with 99 you are a fool if you think hagun will still hang in there. For level capped events sure. But lets face it more stuff became UNCAPPED.

Another option that isn't nearly is bad:

Especially for you bandwagon SAM who see fragmentation and spam gekko like a ***. Closing light with this + skillchain bonus JA + Job trait = Win in my book.

Either way Goodnight sweet hagun, you were great for such a long time.
[+]
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-03 15:11:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised Keitonotachi hasn't been mentioned, I started and finished it in a matter of hours.

There are 2 possible outcomes, both are 464 delay so 5hit is possible with either, but easier with one.

1: DMG:91 ~ Delay:464 ~ StoreTP:+5
2: DMG:89 ~ Delay:464 ~ Tachi Kasha DMG+10%

464 delay requires only 2STP for 6hit and 29STP for 5hit.

Edit: I got beaten to it!
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-03 15:16:14
Link | Citer | R

lol it's because people only pay attention to the wiki and the information was finally added by someone way later after the update.

The store TP+5 belt + masamune = epic win keeping xhit + 1% more haste. That should be the #1 goal becuase you KNOW without augments alone the weapon is awesome.

The kasha+10% damage one is easily second place in my book though.
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-03 15:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
The funny thing is, the masamune IS easy to get. The NM can drop up to 2x gems and the simple fact you can do abyssea like nyzul (few times a week or w/e). All you need is some patience/farming and you can save yourself a few million gil.

Hagun is/was great for 75... but with 99 you are a fool if you think hagun will still hang in there. For level capped events sure. But lets face it more stuff became UNCAPPED.

Another option that isn't nearly is bad:

Especially for you bandwagon SAM who see fragmentation and spam gekko like a ***. Closing light with this skillchain bonus JA Job trait = Win in my book.

Either way Goodnight sweet hagun, you were great for such a long time.

well what if you only have the gorget for gekko, what then?
 Asura.Myrrh
Serveur: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2010-07-03 15:21:44
Link | Citer | R

I wanna read the rest of your book!
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-03 15:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Then take your lazy *** out to sea and farm the other one :P
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-03 15:25:08
Link | Citer | R

pfft, who cares about kasha. its all about aghea now!!!!
 Siren.Corrin
By Siren.Corrin 2010-07-03 15:26:05
Link | Citer | R

Well since this is here, what are people's thoughts on the other lvl 80 great katanas, the ones with status effects like evasion or def down, and 93 base damage. Just wondering because I dont think Ive seen anyone really mention them.

P.s. Hi Pachi :D
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-03 15:26:40
Link | Citer | R

~_~ I think when we get another new WS I'll redesign my site/avatar after that one too... i should have known it was fail lol. Thank god flash graphic elements are easy to swap out.

But yeah... /wrist @ ageha.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-03 15:27:34
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Corrin said:
Well since this is here, what are people's thoughts on the other lvl 80 great katanas, the ones with status effects like evasion or def down, and 93 base damage. Just wondering because I dont think Ive seen anyone really mention them.

Oshi-~ hi corrin ^^/ About to head out for fireworks/picnic with the wife so have a good holiday weekend.

By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-03 15:29:00
Link | Citer | R

I stopped reading about the status effect ones after I saw:
Magic Attack Bonus +10.

SAM/BLM Tachi: Rana > Tachi: Gekko > Blizzard II ftw?
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-03 15:30:00
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Corrin said:

i dunno i think the 91 dmg GK with 5stp is win in my book, can finally get rid of those god awful hachi gloves.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-03 15:31:16
Link | Citer | R

idk I been trying to find out myself. People are just so HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, freaking thing was 3m... now 500k I wanna smack ppl.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-07-03 15:44:38
Link | Citer | R

From what I understand though is that the TP bonus does not apply from the new sam move sekkonoiki <sp>... maybe the biggest reason That Hagun dropped so much, however its still a great weapon Pre-76. so i dont see why it wouldve gone from 3mil to 600k.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-03 15:48:00
Link | Citer | R

I may speak for many here but I felt I was forced to sell my Hagun while it still held value. They're 700k on my server so I basically would have made 1m if I picked another up today, who knows what it will be like in 2 weeks.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-03 15:48:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
From what I understand though is that the TP bonus does not apply from the new sam move sekkonoiki <sp>... maybe the biggest reason That Hagun dropped so much, however its still a great weapon Pre-76. so i dont see why it wouldve gone from 3mil to 600k.

Sekkanoki has been out for a VERY VERY VERY long time....wth you talkin bout Willis?

Its simple....new GKs are better... /thread lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-03 15:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:

Uh this ability was out far longer than this update
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-03 15:51:51
Link | Citer | R

Sekkanoki has been out for yrs lol. Also it's a JA I use at the beginning of fights, never wait to have 186TP.

Also you're correct TP Bonus doesn't work on the first hit, but it does on the second which favors the usual trend I see of: Rana > Gekko (TP Bonus doesn't work with Rana anyway).
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-03 16:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Sekkanoki has been out for yrs lol. Also it's a JA I use at the beginning of fights, never wait to have 186TP.

Also you're correct TP Bonus doesn't work on the first hit, but it does on the second which favors the usual trend I see of: Rana > Gekko (TP Bonus doesn't work with Rana anyway).

well technically it does, just that rana doesnt have tp multipliers
First Page 2