Kurodachi TP gear help please
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-06-10 14:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone!

My friend kinda could need some inspiration on how to improve a Kurodachi setup which he completed 1-2 days ago. Thats the Greatkatana with DMG 68, Delay 464 and occ. attacks twice. I heard it could be better then a Hagun Setup but not sure. We asume for sure that we WS as soon as he can and we dont Zerg strong mobs.

As far as i know for 6-hit you need only 2 STP (after Merits) and for 5 hit it would be 29.

This is his current TP setup

He doesnt have any Usukane and wont get it in the far future since lacking luck/time lol (please dont awsner how to easy get usukane, plz) So i'd think and he aswell that 5 hit is not really usefull as a goal.

But what would y'all suggest to improve his TP setup? (beside the obvious Dusk+1, Speed belt)

The Ecphoria is still from Hagun 6 hit setup, this is one target to get change i think.
One question is: would it be good to change Raja's for another ring for example? and get the needed 2 StoreTP from lets say, white thatlum? or keep ecphoria and brutal for the 2 Stp.
He right now got a Platinum grip+1 in sub slot, not really sure if Double Attack grip would be better or not.
He also thought about getting the delay-3% grip but then he again would need 11 Stp (i think) and there we dont know what would be a good setup either (remember: no usukane feet/body).

Oh yea main target i say is normal endgame stuff like dynamis and some sea, VNM and so on, no HNM. Not for punshing birds i guess (think he uses polearm there anyways)

I hope someone can help out a little thanks alot in advance! /bow
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-10 14:47:00
Link | Citer | R

roseeee grip?
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 14:47:05
Link | Citer | R

Invalid Item Set

Not really sure about the grip, when I was a SAM Kurodachi wasn't out yet, so I really don't know which would be best (Pole/Crit/Rose), I'll let others help you there. Oh, and /DRG is the ***.
 Pandemonium.Slaya
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Slaya
By Pandemonium.Slaya 2010-06-10 14:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Pole grip/Dusk +1 Feet assuming you're ACC capped, and have no way of getting usu feet in the near future. Delay- and Usu feet if you're not ACC capped, for reference.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 15:05:39
Link | Citer | R

Well, for reference, if Usukane is ever obtainable, I'd go for this setup (Carbonara 5-hit, 26%(25) Haste setup courtesy of Cerberus.Oblit):

Obviously Zilant/Usukane/VBelt aren't that easy to come by, but for reference that is the best Kurodachi setup IMO.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-06-10 15:22:34
Link | Citer | R

@Virtuosus: i/we know this setup (since oblit itself suggested it to my friend), but as i said no usukane atm and lookning for a non-usukane alternitive which makes Kurodachi good. Yea /drg is another thing but only the earring changes there more or less so i didnt involved it in the question :)

@Slaya: thx for the advice. is the 2 DA still worth it for a like 40-50% Double Attack Weapon?

@Vinvv: If you would read again please, Rose Strap is not needed for 6 hit with this weapon since you only need 2 STP. If you go for a 5 Hit setup you for sure need it (which isnt really in reach atm since no usukane).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 15:27:09
Link | Citer | R

If you don't have Usu don't bother with 5-hit; even if you do it's a pretty small upgrade due to issues with TP overflow on OAT and the low number of hits to WS (average number of rounds barely changes).
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-06-10 15:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If you don't have Usu don't bother with 5-hit; even if you do it's a pretty small upgrade due to issues with TP overflow on OAT and the low number of hits to WS (average number of rounds barely changes).

/sigh i said that 5 hit is no goal anyways since no usukane body/feet to make it work well ;; but thx for the advice

looking for 6-hit advice how to improve the current setup (beside the obvious Dusk+1/Speedbelt) :) what i said in first post^^
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-10 15:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Slaya said:
Pole grip/Dusk 1 Feet assuming you're ACC capped, and have no way of getting usu feet in the near future. Delay- and Usu feet if you're not ACC capped, for reference.

Why would you wanna chose Dusk Ledelsens +1 over Fuma Sune-Ate? 15 extra hp and 5 attack is worth the extra 3.5 mil to you?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-10 15:54:46
Link | Citer | R

@Mindi: well if you keep that in mind i dunno why you'd choose the platinum :/ pole grip would be way better.
i think rose strap would just be a better choice in general regardless if you need only 2 stp, just act like it only has 2 stp if you want :/
sheesh.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-10 15:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Pandemonium.Slaya said:
Pole grip/Dusk 1 Feet assuming you're ACC capped, and have no way of getting usu feet in the near future. Delay- and Usu feet if you're not ACC capped, for reference.

Why would you wanna chose Item Not Found! over Fuma Sune-Ate? 15 extra hp and 5 attack is worth the extra 3.5 mil to you?

Sure not a efficient way to spend money, but if your rich, HP and Attack are nice buffs.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 15:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mindi said:
/sigh i said that 5 hit is no goal anyways since no usukane body/feet to make it work well ;; but thx for the advice

looking for 6-hit advice how to improve the current setup (beside the obvious Dusk 1/Speedbelt) :) what i said in first post^^

Well then, choices are:

1: Rose Strap + Lava/Kusha + Black Tathlum (Tiphia/Smart Grenade)
2: Pole Grip + Rajas/Toreador's(Sniper's) + Black Tathlum (Tiphia/Smart Grenade
3: Pole Grip + Lava/Kusha + White Tathlum

As for Sword Strap, you are correct, 11 STP on top of merits/trait is needed to keep your 6-hit build going. Crit+ Grip is always an option too, lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 16:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mindi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

looking for 6-hit advice how to improve the current setup (beside the obvious Dusk 1/Speedbelt) :) what i said in first post^^
Sorry, I was reading into it too much and misinterpreted a post.

They don't have enough STP to facilitate Sword Strap, so that's out. Axe Grip is a potential option at ~3 base damage on WS (need to know their WS gear) since Pole Grip isn't doing as much. If Axe ends up not being optimal, I'd just go back to using Pole unless the Stun from Platinum +1 is significant in the given situation. The Lava's/Kusha's + Rose set is an option if they need accuracy.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-06-10 16:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Rajas and brutal should not come off pretty much ever even if you don't need the stp on them nothing else can compete with the other stas. As for grip it would be between axe grip and plat +1 depending on acc. Change ecphoria to toreadors. As far as leg slot it's not loading for me but obviously shoot for byakkos haidate.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-10 16:37:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm tired but this should make 464 delay + Sword strap = 6hit.

If your accuracy is capped and if you add +1 to those Dusk Gloves then this should be the shortest delay possible with Kurodachi, without Usukane.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 16:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I'm tired but this should make 464 delay Sword strap = 6hit.

Invalid Item Set

If your accuracy is capped and if you add 1 to those Dusk Gloves then this should be the shortest delay possible with Kurodachi, without Usukane.

That mantle is horrible.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-10 16:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Why? Would you prefer to wear Askar instead?
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 16:48:45
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
If your accuracy is capped
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Why? Would you prefer to wear Askar instead?

If your accuracy is capped, then yeah I would prefer. Otherwise there's no point in bothering with that grip if you ask me. Really not worth that back piece.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-10 16:57:44
Link | Citer | R

You like to nit pick on a tired man. The mantle is horrible I'm aware, but if you want a 6hit without Usukane or Askar and have full Haste then there is no other choice, if there is then let me know.

Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 17:01:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
You like to nit pick on a tired man. The mantle is horrible I'm aware, but if you want a 6hit without Usukane or Askar and have full Haste then there is no other choice, if there is then let me know.

Yeah, I understand that. Didn't mean to come off as being an asswipe, it's definitely a good find, I didn't even know the existance of that mantle until now. It's use, however, is quite limited, not worth the inventory-, and a better setup is achieved with Forager's/Cuch and a Pole Grip/Rose Strap pending on other gear and the situation.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-06-10 17:01:43
Link | Citer | R

There is no reason to use sword strap it's not very good. Certainly not good enough to warrent using that setup.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-10 17:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Don't see why no one mentioned ACP with Acc+10/STP+4 >.>
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 17:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Don't see why no one mentioned ACP with Acc 10/STP 4 >.>

Because, this:

Bismarck.Maxse said:
There is no reason to use sword strap it's not very good. Certainly not good enough to warrent using that setup.

In short, the grip can be good if you don't have to gimp yourself in other slots to attain the required STP. Otherwise, it's not even worth using over others if you end up gimping other slots just to make it work.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 17:13:15
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, trading off some attack and ~1% DA (2% at a very low hitrate on WS) for -3% delay is a decent trade and the body is good for Polearm TP as well if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't go out of my way to redo the body just in light of Kuro, but it's there.
 Remora.Gempig
Serveur: Remora
user: Gempig
By Remora.Gempig 2010-06-10 17:15:31
Link | Citer | R

learn to get an amano
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 17:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Gempig said:
learn to get an amano

Hai thur, troll.
 Remora.Gempig
Serveur: Remora
user: Gempig
By Remora.Gempig 2010-06-10 18:02:45
Link | Citer | R

JOIN ME
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-06-11 05:45:41
Link | Citer | R

thank you all for the advice!

ACP body is for my friend blocked, its his PLD fastcast/enmity+ body :) but yea i guess this would work well for useing sword strap.

He tried out the Stun grip in Dynamis Tavnasia and i am not very sure but i think it procted like once every 1-2 fights (depending how fast they went down) but i cant tell for sure.

How much is the difference between 450 and 464 delay? is it really that you can "see" it?

About that Crit grip... you mean that serious? is crit hit rate 3% worth it over lets say 3 STR or DA?

I'll tell him the Lava/Kusha combo but i heard droprate sucks bad so "hello luck!" again XD
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-06-11 11:32:01
Link | Citer | R

The crit grip would be a decent option if sam ws could crit, but as such as at cant dont bother. And please please dont take off rajas for lava kusha. Rajas shoul not be replaced its pretty much the best ring save for mars.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-11 11:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
The crit grip would be a decent option if sam ws could crit, but as such as at cant dont bother. And please please dont take off rajas for lava kusha. Rajas shoul not be replaced its pretty much the best ring save for mars.

How so? Rajas translates to 3.75 attack and 3.75 accuracy. Assuming you do not need the store TP, the only extra benefits to it are the subtle blow, and a small increment of critical hit rate boost, which I honestly wouldn't even care about unless you're really stacking DEX high, such as Oblit's set. Now, if the STR is increasing your fSTR somehow to make the damage better than that is a different case, but on paper it's mostly inferior if you do not need the STP.

Rajas/Toreador's:

3.75 Attack/10.75 Accuracy.

Rajas/Sniper's:

3.75 Attack/8.75 Accuracy.

Lava's/Kusha's:

6 Attack/12 Accuracy.