SAM Get Archery Upgrade To A- In Update!!!! Return Of SAM/RNG?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM get Archery upgrade to A- in update!!!! Return of SAM/RNG?
SAM get Archery upgrade to A- in update!!!! Return of SAM/RNG?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 17:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
You just pulled that quote out of thin air Dubont, where do I mention a Hagun?
I didn't pull it out of thin air, it was back a few pages ago. I stopped you before you mentioned hagun but then you mentioned it and said something like no other weapon compares to it or something. Half of your posts are bs anyway lol. You are pretty much borderline hypocrite

Can you at least put a valid argument together.
By semimmortal 2010-06-01 17:26:58
Link | Citer | R

Why are you guys still talking about old ***/weapons?
Magian's should be the new rage nowadays...

Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 17:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
2) There are other weapons like soboro. They may not deal as much dmg, but going from your original post of "there is nothing like it at its level" you are wrong b/c there is. 3)
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
There is nothing, and don't try and tell me there is

No there is not... there is no weapon out there that can be used by melee DD such as DRK, DRG, WAR that is available at the level 50 with anything close to the damage/delay rating of a soboro sukehiro!!! And the options they do have leave them with useless WS that would not leave a mark on forest hare.
comparable in dmg no, but there are weapons like the soboro at that level and that was the point I was trying to make and the point that I was calling you out on. Your original post just said there was nothing like it. It did not mention anything about being comparable in dmg.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-01 17:28:45
Link | Citer | R

"Like" is relative. You're both right, and you're also both wrong.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 17:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
2) There are other weapons like soboro. They may not deal as much dmg, but going from your original post of "there is nothing like it at its level" you are wrong b/c there is. 3)
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
There is nothing, and don't try and tell me there is
No there is not... there is no weapon out there that can be used by melee DD such as DRK, DRG, WAR that is available at the level 50 with anything close to the damage/delay rating of a soboro sukehiro!!! And the options they do have leave them with useless WS that would not leave a mark on forest hare.
comparable in dmg no, but there are weapons like the soboro at that level and that was the point I was trying to make and the point that I was calling you out on. Your original post just said there was nothing like it. It did not mention anything about being comparable in dmg.

Sorry but now your talking ***, my point was that there is nothing comparable to soboro at its respective level in terms of power, hence me QQing about SAM being powerful. I am aware there are other 2-3 hit weapons out there, but that's irrelevant because none of them hold a candle to the damage/delay of the soboro and the fact that it allows SAM to maintain there strong WS's.

Im not sure what your trying to say.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 17:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Who cares what lv you can get soboro at. Should be using polearm at that lv anyhow, lol.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 17:37:08
Link | Citer | R

heeeeeeeeeeeeey I just noticed something...Saggy bottoms doesn't even have sam at soboro level...
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 17:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
heeeeeeeeeeeeey I just noticed something...Saggy bottoms doesn't even have sam at soboro level...

And you have a nice highly rated comment on your profile about how you don't read properly.

go figure.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-06-01 17:48:51
Link | Citer | R

I wish SAM got more Archery skill; not because I wanna go SAM/RNG, but because I want to quest Empyreal Arrow without leveling RNG to 71. <_< I'm addicted to quests; what can I say? :P I hope that they let SAM quest it when they get enough skill from the raise in level cap (and THF with Detonator), though I really doubt they will. :/
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Serveur: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-01 17:50:13
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Oh great, because SAM don't have enough *** advantages already -.-

Not to mention sam should get store TP V @ 90 if they keep with the same lvl increments.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 18:00:10
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

And you have a nice highly rated comment on your profile about how you don't read properly.

go figure.
actually, that guy made a thread bashing a religion that was not the same as his, so I showed him how faulty his religion is....then he changed his story to something different and tried to make me look bad. The only reason that comment is highly rated is b/c there are a lot of ppl that visited that thread that agreed with the other guy about how shitty the other religion was b/c they were of the same religion of the OP.

tl;dr it all was b/c of a religious thread.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-01 20:51:45
Link | Citer | R

I've seen drk's go /nin with m kriss off hand and an axe in main hand so they can spam rampage on colibri...its actually not THAT bad......just think about that Sagi hehe
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 21:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Sam needs to be toned down, or the other DD's need to be brought to the same level.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-06-01 21:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Could just erase SAM off the job list.
 Caitsith.Alriath
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-06-01 21:16:21
Link | Citer | R

All jobs should be equal and do the exact same JT's and damage for fairness. Nobody should be able to outparse anyone else.

I hope SE considers this-
 Odin.Vecroge
Serveur: Odin
user: Vecroge
By Odin.Vecroge 2010-06-01 21:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Alriath said:
All jobs should be equal and do the exact same JT's and damage for fairness. Nobody should be able to outparse anyone else.

jobs dont out parse people, good players do.
 Caitsith.Alriath
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-06-01 21:23:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Vecroge said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:

Nope SAM>ALL regardless of gear/players. Isn't it obvious?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-01 21:34:29
Link | Citer | R

lol people are sippin some serious hater-ade when it comes to Sam....its not always the greatest DD ever in every situation so calm down folks lol.....if you are tired of being outparsed by sams...idk...get better gear? any DD job can be on par with any other DD job, ya just gotta gear right or merit right
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 21:43:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Vecroge said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:

Wrong. Someone with the exact same level of gear on SAM and MNK. Which has more versatility, and therefore which is going to be chosen more. Sams with meh gear can outparse most jobs with good gear and have far more use in the HNM and Merit scene. Nearly all end game benefits from a sam far more than any other DD.

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol people are sippin some serious hater-ade when it comes to Sam....its not always the greatest DD ever in every situation so calm down folks lol.....if you are tired of being outparsed by sams...idk...get better gear? any DD job can be on par with any other DD job, ya just gotta gear right or merit right

No, Sam has the versatility that makes it more useful than any job in nearly every situation. A sam with mediocre gear will normally outparse a mnk with good gear due to rapid gain of TP.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-01 21:46:45
Link | Citer | R

i don't quite agree with that, but to each their own i suppose
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 21:49:26
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
i don't quite agree with that, but to each their own i suppose

Well w/e point is sam's are far more versatile than any other DD and unless SE does something about that, Sam's are always going to be the most desirable DD.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-01 21:52:49
Link | Citer | R

I agree with it except for the Good Monk vs Mediocre Sam bit.
 Gilgamesh.Areaden
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Areaden
By Gilgamesh.Areaden 2010-06-01 21:55:33
Link | Citer | R

SAM/DNC in a MJSP xp is good if you are light a mage, I still did good dmg but by spamming divine waltz i kept everyone alive.

SAM/RNG is great IMO, I xp at bird camps and spam 1200+ sidewinders just need a COR in the pt with RNG/SAM rolls and you will be killing ***fast.

But i dont have any other subs for SAM ;;

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 21:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I agree with it except for the Good Monk vs Mediocre Sam bit.

Key word is Mediocre, not bad Mediocre

So basically the right gear, and the easy gear to get, but not perfect gear.
 Gilgamesh.Areaden
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Areaden
By Gilgamesh.Areaden 2010-06-01 21:57:05
Link | Citer | R

And what about the fact that if your sub is full level that you can access its 2 hour reduced down to 33%

Like a BLM/RDM Manafont/Chainspell, or stuff like that.

I cant wait for the update!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 21:57:38
Link | Citer | R

That would be near broken with certain job/sub job combinations.

It would have to have less potency as well as less time available. Like mini hundred fists adding a 30% haste for 30 seconds, on an hour timer.
 Cerberus.Altimaomega
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Altimaomega 2010-06-01 22:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Vecroge said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:

Wrong. Someone with the exact same level of gear on SAM and MNK. Which has more versatility, and therefore which is going to be chosen more. Sams with meh gear can outparse most jobs with good gear and have far more use in the HNM and Merit scene. Nearly all end game benefits from a sam far more than any other DD.

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

No, Sam has the versatility that makes it more useful than any job in nearly every situation. A sam with mediocre gear will normally outparse a mnk with good gear due to rapid gain of TP.

wow.. do the warrior's on your servers suck or what?!

Plus Vecroge is totally right, u can have the pimpest job ever and still lose cause well.. u dont try lol. On another note tp gain and weapon skilling all the time aint everything, nearly every sam ive ever parsed lacks in the plain melee department. sure they ws more than everyone else... but everyone else makes up for their lack of ws's in melee. "i should say MOST everyone else to avoid later BS down the road"

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-01 22:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Not true. Even as MNK I would outparse a "meh" SAM by quite a substantial amount. On the flipside I've seen amazingly well geared jobs fall behind "meh" geared jobs too. Player ability is pretty moot in merits, it generally boils down to how aggressive the player is in regards to engaging/disengaging and using ws on queue, and how much they focus on the merit party. Merit parties also contribute 0 to defining how versatile a job is.

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Level of gear should never be a factor. It'd be much easier to compare two jobs with the absolute best gear/merits available to them with players of equal focus and ability. I generally see WARs break even or pull above SAMs, but comparing things like 1 handers to 2 handers isn't the fairest of tests since 2 handers are designed to be heavier DDs doing heavier damage overall.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 22:15:36
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Not true. Even as MNK I would outparse a "meh" SAM by quite a substantial amount. On the flipside I've seen amazingly well geared jobs fall behind "meh" geared jobs too. Player ability is pretty moot in merits, it generally boils down to how aggressive the player is in regards to engaging/disengaging and using ws on queue, and how much they focus on the merit party. Merit parties also contribute 0 to defining how versatile a job is.

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Level of gear should never be a factor. It'd be much easier to compare two jobs with the absolute best gear/merits available to them with players of equal focus and ability. I generally see WARs break even or pull above SAMs, but comparing things like 1 handers to 2 handers isn't the fairest of tests since 2 handers are designed to be heavier DDs doing heavier damage overall.

So in that case then MNK is not a heavy DD?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-01 22:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Comparatively to 2 handers? No, there's just a lot more factors to job comparisons than simply stating x job beats x job regardless of gear or player ability.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8