SAM Get Archery Upgrade To A- In Update!!!! Return Of SAM/RNG?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM get Archery upgrade to A- in update!!!! Return of SAM/RNG?
SAM get Archery upgrade to A- in update!!!! Return of SAM/RNG?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-01 14:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Ok, 2/10
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 14:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
stick to eating your chicken... and stay on course with the thread.. chickenboy
You're the one who derailed it. Also, I love chicken. Thank you for noticing.

Gotta love those cobra gloves, huh?
By Omicronceti 2010-06-01 14:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-01 14:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cobra Gloves? Am confused.

For breath builds when you are too poor for Palla's
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-01 14:46:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

He doesn't give a ***, remember?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 14:51:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

He doesn't give a ***, remember?
I guess not, he shut up, it seems.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-01 14:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Goddammit lol

Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-01 14:53:03
Link | Citer | R

BENI's new album "Love Box" is out, homie!
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-06-01 14:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Goddammit lol
Are u trying to make me break my laptop??
no wlegs for jo
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-01 14:57:06
Link | Citer | R

Q.Q
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 14:57:07
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
BENI's new album "Love Box" is out, homie!
oh ***, otw
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 15:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Don't start flaming here Lone Ranger...I just read posts, your character as a WHOLE, doesn't concern me at the moment, so by not looking at you, doesn't make me an idiot.. excuse me, it just make me think your less of a priority for me to EVEN bother looking at your jobs.

Call it *** lazy... idiot.. </laugh> </sarcasm>

<facepalm> I can almost here your villiage shout'n out for ya!
>.> I think this was a racist comment...supported by the rest of his posts ><
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-06-01 15:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Don't start flaming here Lone Ranger...I just read posts, your character as a WHOLE, doesn't concern me at the moment, so by not looking at you, doesn't make me an idiot.. excuse me, it just make me think your less of a priority for me to EVEN bother looking at your jobs.

..but don't you just love when people try to insult each other through text...... and use the wrong variation of a word?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 15:12:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

..but don't you just love when people try to insult each other through text...... and use the wrong variation of a word?
I do it all the time =D
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 15:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Omicronceti said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:
I simply said stop QQ'ing so hard, and the /rng remark is just showing how much you even know about SAM in the first place.
I was providing my case for why I think SAM is overpowered relative to other jobs you jackass. You call me on a subjob that is totally irrelevant to the argument I am making, it makes no difference if it was a SAM/RNG or a SAM/WAR as I am not arguing for or against either, simply using SAM as an example. Quit being a difficult troll.
You're not making a very good case for SAM being overpowered when his argument, which is very relevant, shows you lack knowledge about the job. But it's cool though, just dismiss it as a troll and keep raging.

Why don't you actually read the post, I am talking about SAM as a whole, the soboro weapon and the JA of samurai, its ability to use Namas arrow in conjunction with a soboro, not (pay attention to the following words) THE SUB JOB.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 15:16:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Omicronceti said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:
I simply said stop QQ'ing so hard, and the /rng remark is just showing how much you even know about SAM in the first place.
I was providing my case for why I think SAM is overpowered relative to other jobs you jackass. You call me on a subjob that is totally irrelevant to the argument I am making, it makes no difference if it was a SAM/RNG or a SAM/WAR as I am not arguing for or against either, simply using SAM as an example. Quit being a difficult troll.
You're not making a very good case for SAM being overpowered when his argument, which is very relevant, shows you lack knowledge about the job. But it's cool though, just dismiss it as a troll and keep raging.

Why don't you actually read the post, I am talking about SAM as a whole, the soboro weapon and the JA of samurai, its ability to use Namas arrow in conjunction with a soboro, not (pay attention to the following words) THE SUB JOB.

soboro isn't all the great after a certain point tbh so I don't consider Soboro a weapon that makes sam over powered. Also, Sam's ja are only useful for 2h DD so I wouldn't consider them over powered at all. Sam has Hagun eh? Well so does every other job in some shape or form. Martial gun? Think before you post.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 15:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Omicronceti said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:
soboro isn't all the great after a certain point tbh so I don't consider Soboro a weapon that makes sam over powered. Also, Sam's ja are only useful for 2h DD so I wouldn't consider them over powered at all. Sam has Hagun eh? Well so does every other job in some shape or form. Martial gun? Think before you post.

There is nothing, and don't try and tell me there is, that can compete against a soboro at its respective level, hell even DRK equivolent is 25 levels highers with higher delay and inferior damage. I'd like to hear your example of how a martial gun can compare with a SAM spamming Namas arrows.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-01 15:22:20
Link | Citer | R

Well look at the price at every other 'martial' gun. That alone should tell you how it is very strong for Sam.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 15:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Btw, I didnt say soboro alone makes SAM overpowered, if you go back and read my OP I mentioned it as an advantage SAM has access to at a lower level that no other job can match. Doubled up with new JA Sekkanoki which is effectively a mini 2hour, I was making the point that SE should look at raising the abilities of the other melee jobs in the game as they have greatly favoured SAM in the past.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 15:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Omicronceti said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:

There is nothing, and don't try and tell me there is, that can compete against a soboro at its respective level, hell even DRK equivolent is 25 levels highers with higher delay and inferior damage. I'd like to hear your example of how a martial gun can compare with a SAM spamming Namas arrows.
Mercurial weapons are same level with same effect. Cor/War (or drg) with Joytoy/Martial gun. Won't do AS MUCH dmg from ws at 75 (lolsoboro) but it has the same underlying principle, WS spam at less tp.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-01 15:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Sadly no martial TP weapon even remotely compares in importance to hagun. If they did then everyone would use it at 75 just like SAM.

Personally i can't wait to see the hagun dethroned in the coming up updates because you know it'll happen lol.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 15:30:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Mercurial weapons are same level with same effect. Cor/War (or drg) with Joytoy/Martial gun. Won't do AS MUCH dmg from ws at 75 (lolsoboro) but it has the same underlying principle, WS spam at less tp.

For instance, a DRK with bahamuts zaghnal spamming guillotine is going to be putting out weak numbers, whereas a soboro SAM using Namas arrow (not GK WS) can spam them for 2-3 the damage (not counting the effect of relic damage boost if it were to kick in).

DRK does not have an equivolent mercurial weapon for that level, and WAR has to wait until 62 for M sword, even then the proficiency of a WAR with a GS is nothing on a SAM weilding its high grade weapon.

Don't even bother trying to say DRK can use M kris lol...
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 15:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Sadly no martial TP weapon even remotely compares in importance to hagun. If they did then everyone would use it at 75 just like SAM.

Personally i can't wait to see the hagun dethroned in the coming up updates because you know it'll happen lol.
true, none are as important b/c there are better weapons for other jobs. I was just trying to prove a point. This joker says that there is nothing else like it or soboro and he's dead wrong >.>
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-01 15:32:41
Link | Citer | R

soboro sucks even FOR its level lol...its such a weak dmg rating, that its not even worth it at 50, and the ONLY real melee situation I see it being used is with a Yoichi Bow..so i wouldn't call it overpowered by any means
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-01 15:33:25
Link | Citer | R

In terms of power, there's nothing like it. Sure it has the same effects, but those effects + Sam = ungodly strength.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-01 15:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
soboro sucks even FOR its level lol...its such a weak dmg rating, that its not even worth it at 50, and the ONLY real melee situation I see it being used is with a Yoichi Bow..so i wouldn't call it overpowered by any means

I'll let the math dewds handle this.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-01 15:34:08
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
For instance, a DRK with bahamuts zaghnal spamming guillotine is going to be putting out weak numbers, whereas a soboro SAM using Namas arrow (not GK WS) can spam them for 2-3 the damage (not counting the effect of relic damage boost if it were to kick in).

relic dmg boost hidden effects cannot proc on WS...
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 15:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

DRK does not have an equivolent mercurial weapon for that level, and WAR has to wait until 62 for M sword, even then the proficiency of a WAR with a GS is nothing on a SAM weilding its high grade weapon.

Don't even bother trying to say DRK can use M kris lol...
but drk CAN use M kris, not good in ptys but at later levels, Mkris Drk > Soboro Sam (not in ptys yet again) Also, Rng/war can do the same with a KC...so you aren't exactly going anywhere
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 15:36:03
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
In terms of power, there's nothing like it. Sure it has the same effects, but those effects Sam = ungodly strength.

Unfortunately Dubont is missing the point completely hear, I'm not trying to say that soboro is the best weapon for a SAM lol, I'm simply trying to say that it's one of the many MANY options SAM has access to, that in certain situation makes it nigh unbeatable for DD potential, and that other jobs do not have the same versatility when it comes to DD across the board.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 15:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
For instance, a DRK with bahamuts zaghnal spamming guillotine is going to be putting out weak numbers, whereas a soboro SAM using Namas arrow (not GK WS) can spam them for 2-3 the damage (not counting the effect of relic damage boost if it were to kick in). DRK does not have an equivolent mercurial weapon for that level, and WAR has to wait until 62 for M sword, even then the proficiency of a WAR with a GS is nothing on a SAM weilding its high grade weapon. Don't even bother trying to say DRK can use M kris lol...
but drk CAN use M kris, not good in ptys but at later levels, Mkris Drk > Soboro Sam (not in ptys yet again) Also, Rng/war can do the same with a KC...so you aren't exactly going anywhere

LOL yeh because spamming dancing edge on DRK can really match Namas arrow...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8