SAM Get Archery Upgrade To A- In Update!!!! Return Of SAM/RNG?

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM get Archery upgrade to A- in update!!!! Return of SAM/RNG?
SAM get Archery upgrade to A- in update!!!! Return of SAM/RNG?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Vecroge
Offline
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Vecroge
Posts: 29
By Odin.Vecroge 2010-06-01 01:37:44
Link | Citer | R
 
Not really but now that i have your attention, What do you think will become of sam/rng with new update? idea? thoughts? I know sam/rng isnt "the best ever" but its fun to play around with. What you guys think will come of it when update hits? if anything.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-01 01:40:58
Link | Citer | R
 
ahh hell, fell right into that...

not a SAM so I dunno, though was funny as hell to see Dele SAM/RNG back in the days and rape Bladerunners
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Offline
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
Posts: 40469
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-01 01:42:01
Link | Citer | R
 
Doh so fell for that. Well you get velocity shot I guess
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Offline
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3323
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-01 01:42:08
Link | Citer | R
 
I'd like to see it go up to B+ for SAM to help justify being able to equip the Yoichinoyumi.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: huw
Posts: 194
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-01 01:42:14
Link | Citer | R
 
Damn, you got me.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Offline
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6558
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-01 02:02:21
Link | Citer | R
 
I don't get why that would make a difference, a B+ and an A- are only 13 skill points apart, not even a haub(If Haubergeon modified ranged atk/acc) away from one another.

Consider that Ranger only has an A- in Archery and Marksmanship too...

Samurai/ranger is a lot like DD Corsair, it requires considerable investment, both in skill and gil, compared to the "Get an Ebow and win the game" ranger. But is not outside the reach of anyone really. Samurai/Ranger also got just a little nastier with an upgraded (real) Kurodachi. Respectable DPS high TP gain weapon, supported by the sheer rapefest of Sidewinder.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
Posts: 15045
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 02:03:32
Link | Citer | R
 
Didn't fall for it, lol sam/rng
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
Offline
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
Posts: 525
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-06-01 02:10:28
Link | Citer | R
 
This is where Sam/Dnc comes in >.> *Reverse Flurish* + Meditate.

*5FM = 60 Tp. instant ^.-
 Fenrir.Shindo
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shindo
Posts: 322
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-01 02:11:25
Link | Citer | R
 
I would be interesting to see. I mean even raising it from a C+ to a B- puts Archery on par with Polearm.

Just thinking off the top of my head though, SAM doesn't get as great of access to gear that supports archery as opposed to polearm.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
Posts: 15045
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 02:16:18
Link | Citer | R
 
Fairy.Blackmist said:
This is where Sam/Dnc comes in >.> *Reverse Flurish* Meditate.

*5FM = 60 Tp. instant ^.-
Reverse flourish just gives you free steps. Other than that, you spend the same TP on the steps as you'll get back from the flourish, (maybe a few tp more), it's not going to be a viable source of tp gain. Just some free debuffs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 306
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-01 02:18:37
Link | Citer | R
 
Fenrir.Shindo said:
I would be interesting to see. I mean even raising it from a C to a B- puts Archery on par with Polearm.

Just thinking off the top of my head though, SAM doesn't get as great of access to gear that supports archery as opposed to polearm.

? what
seiryu kote, r acc rings, hachiriyu feet, o hat, pcc, i know at least relic belt has r.acc, dusk pants, all of which supports r.acc, and then there also str gear for more dmg...which sam as we know has alot
 Unicorn.Sedres
Offline
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Sedres
Posts: 122
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-06-01 02:27:05
Link | Citer | R
 
Anyone who read this title and thought it was genuine is just silly.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: huw
Posts: 194
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-01 02:41:07
Link | Citer | R
 
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Fairy.Blackmist said:
This is where Sam/Dnc comes in >.> *Reverse Flurish* Meditate.

*5FM = 60 Tp. instant ^.-
Reverse flourish just gives you free steps. Other than that, you spend the same TP on the steps as you'll get back from the flourish, (maybe a few tp more), it's not going to be a viable source of tp gain. Just some free debuffs.

Wouldn't this make 3 step light pretty easy though?

I mean I've heard it's possible with just your af head, relic hands, sekkanoki and good timing but I can't seem to do it no matter how many times I try. Maybe I just suck, who knows..
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
Posts: 15045
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 02:49:43
Link | Citer | R
 
3 step light is pretty novelty though, doesn't have much practical use for what you have to do to set it up.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
Posts: 15045
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 02:55:06
Link | Citer | R
 
solo three step light that is
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Offline
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
Posts: 2741
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-01 02:56:46
Link | Citer | R
 
would be awesome, even moar reason to get yoichi :Q~~~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
Posts: 15045
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 03:02:03
Link | Citer | R
 
lol /dnc for anything besides solo though, unless you wanna give up zerk >.>
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Offline
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
Posts: 551
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-01 03:03:03
Link | Citer | R
 
would be cool if sam would use Sidewinder
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Offline
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
Posts: 5779
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-01 03:28:48
Link | Citer | R
 
ya sam/dnc is gonna be the new /drg, since you'll get haste samba hehe its only 5% but thats the same 5% you'd get off of /drg's expensive earring, but you also get back up healing abilities with debuffs from steps and you'd get the same acc bonus trait as /drg but with evade bonus trait as well.
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Reverse flourish just gives you free steps. Other than that, you spend the same TP on the steps as you'll get back from the flourish, (maybe a few tp more), it's not going to be a viable source of tp gain. Just some free debuffs.

and no Tiger, i'm pretty sure you get bonus tp for reverse flourish (its like 10 per step unless you max steps, then you get like a bonus 10 if i'm remembering the JA correctly)

(oh ya and i'll admit i was duped by the title.... FFFFUUUUUU OP lol) Would be kinda pointless to give sam a boost in archery though, because they already have a decent skill level, and its not like they'd get Empyreal Arrow anyways hehe
Offline
Posts: 447
By Tristean 2010-06-01 03:36:56
Link | Citer | R
 
Except you're forgetting you're going to be using 50 tp get a 60 tp return.

When DNC is your sub job you only get one FM, not 2. Have fun!
 Ifrit.Jurai
Offline
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
Posts: 379
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-06-01 03:39:43
Link | Citer | R
 
I waited till a few bumps before I clicked- still sorta got me though >< After seeing the first 4 reply on screen before reading OP- quickly went to reply.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Offline
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Sagi
Posts: 16303
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 03:40:26
Link | Citer | R
 
Oh great, because SAM don't have enough *** advantages already -.-
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Offline
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: xgalahadx
Posts: 1140
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-01 03:40:45
Link | Citer | R
 
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Oh great move SE, because SAM don't have enough *** advantages already -.-
Read the op real quick.

And yea they got me at first to.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Offline
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Sagi
Posts: 16303
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 03:43:39
Link | Citer | R
 
Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Oh great move SE, because SAM don't have enough *** advantages already -.-
Read the op real quick.

I did, just saying if it does come to pass it would be absolute BS, seeing that SAM has already been unfairly favoured to the point it can crush almost any other job across the board.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
Posts: 15045
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-01 03:43:42
Link | Citer | R
 
/dnc isn't going to be the new /drg >.>. You get a real dancer and even if you don't have one you stick /dnc on your weakest DD for samba. So unless you're calling yourself the weakest DD, there is no reason for you to be subbing dnc. Evasion, lol. The debuffs and healing? Again, weakest DD.

"and no Tiger, i'm pretty sure you get bonus tp for reverse flourish (its like 10 per step unless you max steps, then you get like a bonus 10 if i'm remembering the JA correctly)"

Yea you're right, you get 10 tp for all your trouble(5 steps 10 tp = 50 tp spent to get 60 tp. 60-50 = 10), but after you consider the 2 sec JA delay you get for each step, that's a hit or two you won't be getting, so you will actually net yourself in the red when it comes to tp gain because you'll lose an attack round or two in the time you get from the JA delay and you get more than 10 tp/attack round, so you actually walk out with less tp
Offline
Posts: 80
By Omicronceti 2010-06-01 03:45:20
Link | Citer | R
 
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Oh great, because SAM don't have enough *** advantages already -.-


Offline
Posts: 447
By Tristean 2010-06-01 03:47:01
Link | Citer | R
 
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
/dnc isn't going to be the new /drg >.>. You get a real dancer and even if you don't have one you stick /dnc on your weakest DD for samba. So unless you're calling yourself the weakest DD, there is no reason for you to be subbing dnc. Evasion, lol. The debuffs and healing? Again, weakest DD. "and no Tiger, i'm pretty sure you get bonus tp for reverse flourish (its like 10 per step unless you max steps, then you get like a bonus 10 if i'm remembering the JA correctly)" Yea you're right, you get 10 tp for all your trouble(5 steps 10 tp = 50 tp spent to get 60 tp. 60-50 = 10), but after you consider the 2 sec JA delay you get for each step, that's a hit or two you won't be getting, so you will actually net yourself in the red when it comes to tp gain because you'll lose an attack round or two in the time you get from the JA delay and you get more than 10 tp/attack round, so you actually walk out with less tp

^this. I was worried about DD/DNC in this next update... but not so much anymore lol

 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Offline
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: xgalahadx
Posts: 1140
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-01 03:47:13
Link | Citer | R
 
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Oh great move SE, because SAM don't have enough *** advantages already -.-
Read the op real quick.
I did, just saying if it does come to pass it would be absolute BS, seeing that SAM has already been unfairly favoured to the point it can crush almost any other job across the board.
Meh it really depends on the on the mob i'm not saying s/e dousnt /come for sam they do but to say they are the absolute best for everything is wrong yea they win on hnms most of the time but with equel gear a war/sam can be equal to a sam/war and in zergs well nothing beats a good drk.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Offline
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
Posts: 5779
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-01 03:56:34
Link | Citer | R
 
well i'll agree with ya there Tiger, weakest DD will get the /dnc sub enforced on them lol...and i kinda forgot /sam sekkanoki is gonna be available so most DD will want to spam it out on /sam hehe
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Offline
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
Posts: 5318
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-01 03:58:26
Link | Citer | R
 
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well i'll agree with ya there Tiger, weakest DD will get the /dnc sub enforced on them lol...and i kinda forgot /sam sekkanoki is gonna be available so most DD will want to spam it out on /sam hehe

Every 2hander should be \sam allready.
Except for sam ofcourse <_>

Cor\dnc etc is gonna be great for when you dont have a real dancer in the party.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8