Merit Choice Abilities?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Merit Choice Abilities?
Merit Choice Abilities?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:04:39
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Alriath said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
I am sorry if you dont have rajas and or bushi, you are not serious about sam and do not use it a lot for endgame events.
If you have every mage job at 75 and decide to level sam...and choose rajas over tamas, you are an idiot. Just saying..its pretty obvious this guy uses jobs OTHER THAN SAM, so why get a ring that is only really useful for that ONE job? Hell I got Bushinomimi instead of the DW earring b/c more of my jobs get a lot of use out of it, does that mean that I'm a gimp nin?

Because Tamas isn't anything but a mish mash of ***you can get from other rings, so instead of choosing something to save space you get something that makes a difference.

And lol'd at only sam gets a use out of rajas.
did I say that only sam gets use out of rajas? No. if you have a ***load of mage jobs and ur only melee is Sam then yes, only sam gets use out of rajas. Stop being stupid.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 18:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
I am sorry if you dont have rajas and or bushi, you are not serious about sam and do not use it a lot for endgame events.
If you have every mage job at 75 and decide to level sam...and choose rajas over tamas, you are an idiot. Just saying..its pretty obvious this guy uses jobs OTHER THAN SAM, so why get a ring that is only really useful for that ONE job? Hell I got Bushinomimi instead of the DW earring b/c more of my jobs get a lot of use out of it, does that mean that I'm a gimp nin?

Its because Tamas only offers what you can already get on a Ring, theres no ring to date with a perma Store TP, and to a lesser extent, Subtle Blow.

MP+30? Serket Ring, Ether Ring, Vivian's Ring, etc etc
INT+5? Snow Ring, w/e the HQ ~70 ring is.
MND+5? Aqua Ring/Communion Ring.
Enmity-(?), Serene Ring?

Everything on a Tamas is replaceable by buyable armor, not to mention now with the Stat+6 Rings available Tamas is slightly more outshined despite their difficulty to obtain.

In the end, the benefit of Rajas to that ONE job as you put it greatly outweighs the "Benefits" that Tamas gives to his other jobs. i say "Benefits" in quotations as the only known benefit is saving you about 2 inv. space.
 Unicorn.Rilu
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-13 18:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Yuffy said:
Which SAM in 2010 doesnt have 8 pizzas for every Odin? As much as i *** it for things like Einherjar and Salvage, this food isnt practical at all until we have pizza bits.

Bagel Bites!

By Yuffy 2010-05-13 18:08:12
Link | Citer | R

need :(
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 18:09:02
Link | Citer | R

God do they sell Bagel Bites anymore, i can't find any .-.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 18:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
So wait. Am i seriously reading an argument saying that you should gear yourself to had terrible accuracy and pump the Zanshin/Iki merits because it gives you more TP on Zanshin hit with said Iki Merits?

I think my IQ has dropped.

Oh Well:

"Zanshin, We aim To miss"™ has never come across so hilarious, i always thought it was a joke who knew it had such adamant followers.

Edit: Oh dear god did someone just seriously say "By your logic you shouldn't use joyeuse for TP Gain because its relying on a 45% Activation rate?"

Oh, oh lord, I can't stop laughing. You know that Joyeuse procs with or without your initial hit Missing right?

and that its the fact you have to miss a hit that severely lessens the realistic activation rate of Zanshin right?
For the record, I've never once said you should get zanshin merits. Very little return for that.

And wow, the stupid gearing to miss thing is still around, guess people are still idiots. Iki is about being flexible because you have to fight all sorts of different crap and not just fluffy pink birds with evasion pinpointed down exactly.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Its because Tamas only offers what you can already get on a Ring, theres no ring to date with a perma Store TP, and to a lesser extent, Subtle Blow.

MP 30? Serket Ring, Ether Ring, Vivian's Ring, etc etc
INT 5? Snow Ring, w/e the HQ ~70 ring is.
MND 5? Aqua Ring/Communion Ring.
Enmity-(?), Serene Ring?

Everything on a Tamas is replaceable by buyable armor, not to mention now with the Stat 6 Rings available Tamas is slightly more outshined despite their difficulty to obtain.

In the end, the benefit of Rajas to that ONE job as you put it greatly outweighs the "Benefits" that Tamas gives to his other jobs. i say "Benefits" in quotations as the only known benefit is saving you about 2 inv. space
you mention all of those rings but is there any 1 ring that gives all of that at once? No. I would rather have 1 Tamas and 1 int ring and 1 mnd ring than to NOT have tams and have 2 mnd rings, 2 int rings and some -enmity rings (which would take away the mnd or int that the other rings gave) if I know I'm about to do something that might get me killed.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 18:11:41
Link | Citer | R

No spell is effected by both INT and MND at the same time. You don't need all of that ***at once.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:12:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
No spell is effected by both INT and MND at the same time. You don't need all of that ***at once.
You dont need Int and Mnd at the same time no, but MP, Int and Enmity- at the same time actually is not bad
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 18:13:09
Link | Citer | R

You said all!
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-13 18:13:12
Link | Citer | R

If you are serious about mage jobs, int merits and tamas.
However if you are serious about dd jobs you get str merits and rajas. You can try to balance between the mage and dd, but the person who is focused more on one will outdo the person who is trying to balance between mage and dd jobs.
[+]
 Unicorn.Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-13 18:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Taro, you need to remember though that 90% of people that play the game, play to merit - they merit their jobs so they can merit better; which has never made sense to me, but what do I know?

"Look at me, i'm hitting at 95%! My character is the ULTIMATE MERIT MACHINE! and i'm getting 30K/hour"

"Look at me, i'm hitting at 80% and getting 30K/hour"

"Look at me, i'm getting HUGE sidewinders on colibri and getting 30K/hour"

"OMG, I totally won that merit party parse by 5% - you guys all suck - and we still got 30K/hour"
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 18:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Enmity-(?), Serene Ring?

Everything on a Tamas is replaceable by buyable armor, not to mention now with the Stat 6 Rings available Tamas is slightly more outshined despite their difficulty to obtain.

In the end, the benefit of Rajas to that ONE job as you put it greatly outweighs the "Benefits" that Tamas gives to his other jobs. i say "Benefits" in quotations as the only known benefit is saving you about 2 inv. space
you mention all of those rings but is there any 1 ring that gives all of that at once? No. I would rather have 1 Tamas and 1 int ring and 1 mnd ring than to NOT have tams and have 2 mnd rings, 2 int rings and some -enmity rings (which would take away the mnd or int that the other rings gave) if I know I'm about to do something that might get me killed.

You're only argument is being too lazy to use Macros and carry around a few extra pieces of gear at the sacrifices of severely gimping any DD job you have.

You're wrong. You should never-ever need Enmity- Rings to be perfectly frank, so the only thing Tamas ring is saving you is ONE inv spot.

its 1Tamas/1INT/1MND ring vs
2INT/2MND rings

If you're ever in a situation where you're in desperate need of that oh so pimpin -3 Enmity it might be a good idea to evaluate your LS =|

Now, if you can however, show me even a single ring that gives you +5 Store TP allowing several jobs to easily obtain an X-hit build. i concede to you.

btw, my argument is toward someone who has at least 1 Melee job leveled to 75 and is serious about it, no matter how many mage jobs they may also have, incase you're mixing things up
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
However if you are serious about dd jobs you get str merits and rajas. You can try to balance between the mage and dd, but the person who is focused more on one will outdo the person who is trying to balance between mage and dd jobs.
and what if, for example, Sunday Dynamis (outlands)I am asked to go BLM and on week dynamis (cities) I am asked to go Cor or Drk, what would you suggest I do? Try to Balance or make 1 awesome job and the other gimp?
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-13 18:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
and what if, for example, Sunday Dynamis (outlands)I am asked to go BLM and on week dynamis (cities) I am asked to go Cor or Drk, what would you suggest I do? Try to Balance or make 1 awesome job and the other gimp?

You arent getting my point across
[+]
 Unicorn.Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-13 18:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said:
God do they sell Bagel Bites anymore, i can't find any .-.

Costco is your friend! Bagel bites by the bunches!
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Enmity-(?), Serene Ring?

You're only argument is being too lazy to use Macros and carry around a few extra pieces of gear at the sacrifices of severely gimping any DD job you have.

You're wrong. You should never-ever need Enmity- Rings to be perfectly frank, so the only thing Tamas ring is saving you is ONE inv spot.

2INT/2MND rings

If you're ever in a situation where you're in desperate need of that oh so pimpin -3 Enmity you suck, i only mentioned it on the off chance someone was stupid enough to use it as an argument to why Tamas is good.

Now, if you can however, show me even a single ring that gives you 5 Store TP allowing several jobs to easily obtain an X-hit build. i concede to you.

btw, my argument is toward someone who has at least 1 Melee job leveled to 75 and is serious about it, no matter how many mage jobs they may also have, incase you're mixing things up
Rajas is completely useless to mage jobs, SO if I use mage jobs for all events and DDs are only for merits, WHY would I possibly get rajas over Tamas? Enmity- isnt needed? Ok so Enmity has no impact on the game? Let me run out and put full merits into Enmity+ and go to Dyna as blm -.-
By Yuffy 2010-05-13 18:20:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Taro, you need to remember though that 90% of people that play the game, play to merit - they merit their jobs so they can merit better; which has never made sense to me, but what do I know?

"Look at me, i'm hitting at 95%! My character is the ULTIMATE MERIT MACHINE! and i'm getting 30K/hour"

"Look at me, i'm hitting at 80% and getting 30K/hour"

"Look at me, i'm getting HUGE sidewinders on colibri and getting 30K/hour"

"OMG, I totally won that merit party parse by 5% - you guys all suck - and we still got 30K/hour"
They need reasons to fill their "post your gimps" threads.

Its 2010, people are still stuck meriting, people still compare new gear with 2004 gear (seriously, when i see a new GK the last thing i want to hear about is a *** Rindomaru or Onimaru comparison, pop the *** Amano already), people still try to get Ridills in DA not to sell but for themselves.

*** old fashioned attention ***.
 Caitsith.Alriath
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-13 18:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:

If you're serious about your job(s) you'll gear them well regardless, str merits/int merits don't have anything to do with using a shitty INT/MND+30MP ring for the sake of saving space.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 18:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Enmity-(?), Serene Ring?

2INT/2MND rings

If you're ever in a situation where you're in desperate need of that oh so pimpin -3 Enmity you suck, i only mentioned it on the off chance someone was stupid enough to use it as an argument to why Tamas is good.

Now, if you can however, show me even a single ring that gives you 5 Store TP allowing several jobs to easily obtain an X-hit build. i concede to you.

Rajas is completely useless to mage jobs, SO if I use mage jobs for all events and DDs are only for merits, WHY would I possibly get rajas over Tamas? Enmity- isnt needed? Ok so Enmity has no impact on the game? Let me run out and put full merits into Enmity and go to Dyna as blm -.-

So you're only defensive tools is taking something i say and blowing it out of Context? Dont you have a Heartsnatcher to go break?

I Said you should never need the enm-3 on Tamas ring, Never said you never needed to WATCH your Enmity gain or control it, or that it had no effect.

Secondly, I said, IF SAID PERSON HAS AT LEAST ONE MELEE JOB HE IS SERIOUS ABOUT AT LEVEL 75, HE SHOULD OWN A RAJAS RING.

Not that "Well i have a 75PUP but i always go BLM's to my Events hur dur".

If you have the above qualities, read: 75 Melee job you are serious about, You should own a Rajas Ring, period, there is no excuse.

Tamas is nothing more than a compilation of equipment you can already buy, it has no benefits outside of saving 1 inv space.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:22:44
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Alriath said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

If you're serious about your job(s) you'll gear them well regardless, str merits/int merits don't have anything to do with using a shitty INT/MND 30MP ring for the sake of saving space.
So if I have blm, rdm, sch and whm, I STILL should get Rajas for my 1 melee job instead of Tamas? I don't see how that would make sense at all.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 18:24:49
Link | Citer | R

How are you not getting it? Let me put it slowly.

Tamas. Ring. Is. Nothing. More. Than. a. Compilation. Of. Stats. We. Can. Already. Obtain.

Its. Only. Benefit. Is. Saving. One. Inventory. Space.

Rajas Ring most important aspect is the Store TP+5, allowing several jobs to maintain an X-hit Build without sacrificing more important slots. not to mention the +3~4 Acc/atk gained from the DEX/STR.

If Tamas Ring had something like Macc+1~5 and Mab+1~5 instead of 30MP and -3Enmity my guess is that it'd be more useful because its OFFERING THINGS NOT OBTAINABLE ON A RING SLOT for every job.

it however does not.
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-13 18:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Tamas is nothing more than a compilation of equipment you can already buy, it has no benefits outside of saving 1 inv space.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-13 18:25:57
Link | Citer | R

All I am saying is.

Person A has dd jobs and merits.
Person B has mage jobs and merits.
Person C has both.

Will person C beat person A and B?
No, they will not.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 18:26:37
Link | Citer | R

I think the last time I was actually in a merit party was like 2006, lol.

Do I need the enmity of Tamas, not neccesarily no. Can I still do more dmg while still getting less hate on stuff like Tiamat because people think Enmity does nothing? You bet! And like I said, I still do lvl cap stuff a lot and I'm always mage. It's a good solid ring there and there's very little -enmity at lower lvls.

And just because, INT+MND at the same time = Regurgitation!
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:26:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said:

So you're only defensive tools is taking something i say and blowing it out of Context? Dont you have a Heartsnatcher to go break?

I Said you should never need the enm-3 on Tamas ring, Never said you never needed to WATCH your Enmity gain or control it, or that it had no effect.

Secondly, I said, IF SAID PERSON HAS AT LEAST ONE MELEE JOB HE IS SERIOUS ABOUT AT LEVEL 75, HE SHOULD OWN A RAJAS RING.

Not that "Well i have a 75PUP but i always go BLM's to my Events hur dur".

If you have the above qualities, read: 75 Melee job you are serious about, You should own a Rajas Ring, period, there is no excuse.

and you are wrong again. Tamas has more use than just lol1inv. Enmity- actually does help when ur a BLM or a WHM. MP+ (even though it isn't much) is a given. Inb4itsonly30mp. I have been in many situations where 30mp has won battles/saved lives. So no, Tamas is not just used for 1 more inv space. I bet you are one of those that gears only for haste on DD's without looking into anything else aren't you? Hi guys! I have 25% haste by my attack is only 120!! =D -.-
[+]
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-13 18:29:06
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
All I am saying is.

Person C has both.

No, they will not.

So apparently having a DD job that is meritted means you'll beat another player if he has a DD job AND mage jobs meritted?

Damn no clue how I'm outparsing people when I have 5/5INT merits.

You would need the exact same gear on said DD and said mage to get beat by 5/5STR 5/5INT, and using the exact same food.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-05-13 18:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Really, the only job that I could see would actually benefit most from Tamas ring is Blue Mage. Some spells have both INT and MND modifiers, however, for any other mage the stats are independent of each other depending on what spell you use. There is no need for +5 INT when you're casting Slow. No need for +5 MND when casting Gravity. Just a space saver.

By the way, if you've ever wanted to melee as a BLU, you'd want Rajas, so that point is moot.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
All I am saying is.

Person C has both.

No, they will not.
why does it have to be a competition though? OH ***you can do 2 more dmg than me big *** woop. People that turn this game into a competition (aka breaking the game down into a giant mathematical equation) take the fun out of it. Its a god damn game people.

Person A has DD jobs with rajas
Person B has mage jobs with tamas
Person C has both with tamas

Is Person C wrong/gimp? No, he just doesn't have a little extra Store TP and Subtle blow which, believe it or not, is not a game breaker -.-
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-13 18:31:54
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Alriath said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
All I am saying is.

Person C has both.

No, they will not.

So apparently having a DD job that is meritted means you'll beat another player if he has a DD job AND mage jobs meritted?

Damn no clue how I'm outparsing people when I have 5/5INT merits.

You would need the exact same gear on said DD and said mage to get beat by 5/5STR 5/5INT, and using the exact same food.

You havent been reading what I was posting above, prior to this.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8