Merit Choice Abilities?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Merit Choice Abilities?
Merit Choice Abilities?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 17:21:58
Link | Citer | R

and if you shoved your scythe up your ***, you'd deal less damage to yourself than he would to himself.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 17:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Why would I wear ace's? And I need usu feet for the store tp so I couldn't take that off if I wanted to. And why 85%? 78% (or 77.5% if you prefer) should be the magic number. Lemme see if I can get an excel formula to demonstrate since I can't post images from work, lol.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 17:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
and if you shoved your scythe up your ***, you'd deal less damage to yourself than he would to himself.
but only 0.0003 dmg less ;)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 17:28:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Why would I wear ace's? And I need usu feet for the store tp so I couldn't take that off if I wanted to. And why 85%? 78% (or 77.5% if you prefer) should be the magic number. Lemme see if I can get an excel formula to demonstrate since I can't post images from work, lol.

Because ace's is better than turban if your acc is that low. The reason ace's sucks is because your acc should be capped the majority of the time.

And again, if your hitrate is 78% your sam sucks, lol.

Also, since when did usu feet become a requirement for a 6hit?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 17:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Except for when you take into acct iki/zanshin.

And because I use Tamas rather than Rajas and don't even get started on that one. Priorities, what jobs I actually use, etc...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 17:33:53
Link | Citer | R

Well, again, like I said, works better for sams that don't suck. Enjoy your Tamas.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 17:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Yes, and if we were comparing that small increase to nothing at all, you'd have a point. My point is that small increase won't beat the ability to give TP to other DDs on a more frequent basis.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 17:36:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Lluna said:
I saw what you said before you deleted, my reply still applies.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 17:37:16
Link | Citer | R

And once again iki works better for sams who understand the game, enjoy your sushi and weak dmg.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 17:38:59
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
And once again iki works better for sams who understand the game, enjoy your sushi and weak dmg.
Pizza > sushi btw. So, for someone who understands the game so well, you do know that gekko gets an x2 multiplier on attack, which devalues the *** out of meat.

Speaking of weak damage, how's your Tamas treating you?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-13 17:39:17
Link | Citer | R

I've never understood how a strong understanding of game mechanics kills the fun of the game. If you emphasize combat-related activities, you also value success in these activities. Making effective gear choices improves your ability to win, and once you win consistently it lowers kill time, reduces deaths, etc.

But hey, I'm sure somebody out there enjoys losing.
[+]
 Caitsith.Alriath
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-13 17:41:18
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

Sams who understand the game use rajas lol, tamas is a free INT/MND ring that gives you nothing you can't get elsewhere. Even if I had nothing but mages 75 I'd still get rajas.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-13 17:44:37
Link | Citer | R

I find it amusing that people advise gearing to miss 22.5% of the time, then hope to get a proc on a job trait to maintain their TP gain.

While I could just gear to hit 95% of the time and not have to rely on something to randomly proc.

I guess you use Zanshin+ gear to make it proc more often to allow a more reliable method of gaining TP? I seriously can't find a way it becomes a reliable way of getting TP, accuracy bonus or not.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 17:45:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Pizza > sushi btw. So, for someone who understands the game so well, you do know that gekko gets an x2 multiplier on attack, which devalues the *** out of meat. Speaking of weak damage, how's your Tamas treating you?
And enjoy constantly carrying around 10 pizzas or whatever just in case you randomly die.

And yes I do know about the attack multiplier, however I mainly use sam on higher lvl stuff which means the opposite, meat actually gets doubled since you're probably not capping atk unless you're guaranteed chaos/minuets at all times.

And my Tamas is fine thanks, if I ever manage to delevel all my mage jobs and be melee 24/7, I can go get a Rajas.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 17:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Get a better ls w/ better support, suck less.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 17:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Alriath said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Sams who understand the game use rajas lol, tamas is a free INT/MND ring that gives you nothing you can't get elsewhere. Even if I had nothing but mages 75 I'd still get rajas.
Lol, I know how good rajas is, it was just a choice I made. I still do a lot of lvl cap stuff as mages and it's very convenient to have there. And it technically does have some aspects you can't get elsewhere, just not much.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 17:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Wth does this board not like to quote you Hitetsu, lol.

Pretty much all Zanshin gear sucks balls, I don't use any of it. 45% is pretty good as is. The whole hope for a proc thing is silly. We know the proc rate, we know acc, it's all math from there. It's like putting on a whole bunch of acc gear and being told, it's silly to hope for the acc to proc. It's all numbers and probability, there's no voodoo about it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-13 17:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Zanshin procs at a 45% rate. That's not "randomly".

According to your argument, Joyeuse shouldn't be used for Atonement spam, because you're relying on a 45% proc rate to increase TP gain.

EDIT: God dammit, *** quotes fail.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 17:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Full time thief feint rotation so you never have to use pizza again? And I'd much rather be able to kill things in smaller groups and therefore have less people to lot against.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 17:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Full time thief feint rotation so you never have to use pizza again? And I'd much rather be able to kill things in smaller groups and therefore have less people to lot against.
If full feint rotation were there, then we'd still be in the situation I said before. 95% hitrate, which still means you'd only get that 1.71% proc rate.

Sure, let's play your scenario.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-13 17:56:20
Link | Citer | R

I am sorry if you dont have rajas and or bushi, you are not serious about sam and do not use it a lot for endgame events.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 17:57:08
Link | Citer | R

So wait. Am i seriously reading an argument saying that you should gear yourself to had terrible accuracy and pump the Zanshin/Iki merits because it gives you more TP on Zanshin hit with said Iki Merits?

I think my IQ has dropped.

Oh Well:

"Zanshin, We aim To miss"™ has never come across so hilarious, i always thought it was a joke who knew it had such adamant followers.

Edit: Oh dear god did someone just seriously say "By your logic you shouldn't use joyeuse for TP Gain because its relying on a 45% Activation rate?"

Oh, oh lord, I can't stop laughing. You know that Joyeuse procs with or without your initial hit Missing right?

and that its the fact you have to miss a hit that severely lessens the realistic activation rate of Zanshin right?
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
I am sorry if you dont have rajas and or bushi, you are not serious about sam and do not use it a lot for endgame events.
If you have every mage job at 75 and decide to level sam...and choose rajas over tamas, you are an idiot. Just saying..its pretty obvious this guy uses jobs OTHER THAN SAM, so why get a ring that is only really useful for that ONE job? Hell I got Bushinomimi instead of the DW earring b/c more of my jobs get a lot of use out of it, does that mean that I'm a gimp nin?
 Unicorn.Rilu
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-13 18:01:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Get a better ls w/ better support, suck less.

Difficult to do when he's already in the top LS on the server.

and yes - Meat>Sushi for what his LS fights.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 18:02:44
Link | Citer | R

The full feint rotation was in response to your "get better ls w/ better support". If you have such great support you shouldn't even need pizza since you should be capped all the time with your feint rotation. This has nothing to do with iki, it's just about your idiotic response earlier.
By Yuffy 2010-05-13 18:03:02
Link | Citer | R

Which SAM in 2010 doesnt have 8 pizzas for every Odin?

As much as i *** it for things like Einherjar and Salvage, this food isnt practical at all until we have pizza bits.
 Caitsith.Alriath
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-13 18:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
If you have every mage job at 75 and decide to level sam...and choose rajas over tamas, you are an idiot. Just saying..its pretty obvious this guy uses jobs OTHER THAN SAM, so why get a ring that is only really useful for that ONE job? Hell I got Bushinomimi instead of the DW earring b/c more of my jobs get a lot of use out of it, does that mean that I'm a gimp nin?

Because Tamas isn't anything but a mish mash of ***you can get from other rings, so instead of choosing something to save space you get something that makes a difference.

And lol'd at only sam gets a use out of rajas.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-13 18:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Rajas is useful for all dd jobs, heck I even use it on nin
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 18:04:35
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
The full feint rotation was in response to your "get better ls w/ better support". If you have such great support you shouldn't even need pizza since you should be capped all the time with your feint rotation. This has nothing to do with iki, it's just about your idiotic response earlier.
Sure it has a lot to do w/ Iki. You put forth your own scenario. I didn't make that one up and in that situation, Iki is ***.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8