Converts 7% Of Physical Damage Taken To MP Damage

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Converts 7% of physical damage taken to MP Damage
Converts 7% of physical damage taken to MP Damage
 Asura.Materdark
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-02 04:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Whats the hard cap for

Chevalier's armet +3
Converts 8% of physical damage taken to MP Damage taken

with all the set one can get anyone know?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-02 08:16:39
Link | Citer | R

By "Hard cap" do you mean "the most you can get with existing gear" or "the most the game will allow you to have"? I usually think of a hard cap as being a limitation set by the mechanics of the game, not by the available gear.

I guess that's just a nit pick but curious the nature of your question.

Either way, there is no cap imposed by the game mechanics AFAIK, but there also isn't much gear you can get with this stat, so it's not really relevant.

Waist: Flume belt (+1)
Head: Empy
Back: Rudianos Mantle
Feet: AF feet
Shield: Ochain (while blocking)

Keep in mind this is all a percentage of damage taken, so if you're not taking much damage (as is ideal) then you won't get much MP either.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-02 09:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
the most you can get with existing gear

also i seen alot of PLD go with (Damage -) instead of (Physical Damage -)? Is a reason behind that.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Keep in mind this is all a percentage of damage taken, so if you're not taking much damage (as is ideal) then you won't get much MP either.

Also most endgame content you would still be taking some what damage even with the above gear set. Just not as much compare to mages and DPS.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-02 09:39:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Materdark said: »
also i seen alot of PLD go with (Damage -) instead of (Physical Damage -)? Is a reason behind that.

I don't think there are a lot of scenarios where you have to choose between these two. For JSE cape I usually do meva because DT is ludicrously easy to cap on other gear. DT covers physical, magical, and breath damage so it is better than PDT pound-for-pound. At the risk of getting into the weeds, there are a lot of important stats to consider in tanking sets.

Asura.Materdark said: »
Also most endgame content you would still be taking some what damage even with the above gear set. Just not as much compare to mages and DPS.

Depends greatly on the event. In Omen, for example, the vast majority of enemies will do 0 damage to you. This means that "Converts physical damage to MP" gear is basically worthless. If you're in Sortie, most of the trash will do 0 damage and the bosses do primarily magical damage.

Sometimes you will be taking above-0 damage (Sheol C perhaps) but realistically if you're taking 50 damage/hit, getting 4 MP back from the empy head is nice, but not really anything to write home about. 20 of those hits will cause you to get a single Cure IV. Compared to things like getting Refresh III or a Ballad it's a drop in the bucket. Also consider you have options like Chivalry and Devotion (depending on party setup).
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-02 09:52:31
Link | Citer | R

nows lets say you want to pull a zone that has incredible tough mobs with this setup would be crazy lol

with PLD cleave would be crazy
 Shiva.Myamoto
Serveur: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-02 09:52:55
Link | Citer | R

A good phalanx set + absurd block rate = most mobs and even NM's doing zero or near zero autoattacks, and minimal dmg on a lot of tp attacks.

If I am doing a lot of healing I will usually just make use of Viles, Chivalry and call for devotion from WHM if available, and just ask for ballads/refresh which you should be getting anyways. I have never found "converts dmg to mp" to be worthwhile.

Even set ups for Odyssey NM's, PLD can find itself main healing often and tanking adds. Recently attempting Arebati v25's as such. If I maintain phalanx and using Duban or Srivatsa maintaining reprisal, I am blocking nearly every attack and getting hit for 0 from adds.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-02-04 13:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Converts X% of physical damage taken to MP Damage taken is a gimmick. If you're pulling trash mobs for cleave and Chivalry can't keep up, then you're taking too much damage. You should be taking zeros on almost everything with a strong Phalanx set and Ochain/Duban shield blocks making the conversion moot.