Random Politics & Religion #27

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 50 51 52
By Ramyrez 2017-09-21 10:33:43
Link | Citer | R

I think I found some insight about who Lordgrim really is.
By fonewear 2017-09-21 10:35:41
Link | Citer | R

We all know the Mayan calendar ends in 2018 so it's been nice knowing you guys. See you on the other side !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-21 10:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Just because King isn't here to post those gems of wisdom from the Federalist ...

Your Refusal To Date Conservatives Is One Reason We Have Donald Trump
Chanti, i dont know if youre married, but if so i assume at some point you had an epiphany that marriage and commitment was a two way street....
I was married once. I have also harvested a deer hunting. Both were interesting and sucessful experiences. I feel no need to repeat either one.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-21 10:48:59
Link | Citer | R

I want the women i want, and starting any relationship under the premise that my desires arent valid is an almost certain mechanism for its failure.

You have a penis therefor any personal desires you have are bad and part of the oppressive patriarchy. To redeem yourself of having a penis, open your wallet and immediately transfer all your wealth to the nearest single mother or post wall feminist.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-09-21 11:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Chanti, i dont know if youre married, but if so i assume at some point you had an epiphany that marriage and commitment was a two way street.

Women today (from my personal experience) care very little about the very idea that they should offer anything to their partners inside of a relationship. Devotion has come to mean "until im not 100% satisfied". Its not that men have a fear of commitment, women are simply incompatible with it.

Marriage is in fact a two way street. What are you looking for in a woman though? And what do you have to offer her?

I hear the same refrain from all sectors when it comes to guys without women, regardless of their beliefs. I have a good friend who is quite liberal who sounds exactly like you in a lot of ways. Women don't want (the great things he has to offer), they just want guys with (these bad qualities you see in other men).

Fone, at least, is a little more clear on the subject. Once you get to a certain age your options sort of narrow. You can have someone younger with whom you have little in common who can't fulfill you intellectually, you have older women who may be more interesting but who don't do it for you in attractiveness, or you have the single mothers who, even though they may be perfectly charming, nice people...are by nature going to be looking not just for a man for themselves, but a potential father and/or bread winner for their child, and you have to be ready to commit to both mother and child.

All that said, you will never find a 100% "sure thing" in any relationship. So if you'll only bet on said sure thing, you'd better just commit to Rosie here and now.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-21 11:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
You have a penis therefor any personal desires you have are bad and part of the oppressive patriarchy. To redeem yourself of having a penis, open your wallet and immediately transfer all your wealth to the nearest single mother or post wall feminist.

This feels a little extreme, all the same it is somewhat grating that within all the empowerment speech you have women who think you should love them just how they are with zero effort put into themselves, but you had damn well better be fit and trim and have a well-compensated job.

This seems to be most frequently the mindset among the Fat Advocacy sect. Who, it must be said, should in no way be allowed to call themselves "body positive." They're some of the worst people out there for insulting other people's appearance.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-21 11:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

This feels a little extreme, all the same it is somewhat grating that within all the empowerment speech you have women who think you should love them just how they are with zero effort put into themselves, but you had damn well better be fit and trim and have a well-compensated job.

This seems to be most frequently the mindset among the Fat Advocacy sect. Who, it must be said, should in no way be allowed to call themselves "body positive." They're some of the worst people out there for insulting other people's appearance.

It feels extreme but it's actually the Politically Correct and accepted viewpoint. Men are publicly shamed when they don't marry single mothers or older feminists. They are told to "man up", "grow up", "take responsibility" and so forth, yet you apply the same logic to women and your suddenly labeled misogynist.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-21 11:59:57
Link | Citer | R

wow...

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my wife of twenty six years.

The week before I met her I probably sounded just like you guys...I couldn't even imagine the possibility of finding her and had given up entirely. Which might actually have been the key...now that I think about it....

Despite all my numerous, clear and obvious personal defects... and my own stupidity, which, as you know, is no small hurdle and the most highly unlikely and improbable set of circumstances here I am and here we are.

and I'm not just saying "if it happened to me it can happen to anyone" NO it goes way beyond that...

Consider this for a moment... you and I are only here because it's happened to 15,000 other people 7,500 times... it's not just the unlikely event of your parents boinking, but their parents and their parents and their parents time approximately seven thousand five hundred times.

each and every one of us is a product of this equation.

and then consider the odds of all of us meeting here on a third party hack website for a dying fifteen year old japanese on line video game.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-21 12:02:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
wow...

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my wife of twenty six years.

The week before I met her I probably sounded just like you guys...I couldn't even imagine the possibility of finding her and had given up entirely. Which might actually have been the key...now that I think about it....

Despite all my numerous, clear and obvious personal defects... and my own stupidity, which, as you know, is no small hurdle and the most highly unlikely and improbable set of circumstances here I am and here we are.

and I'm not just saying "if it happened to me it can happen to anyone" NO it goes way beyond that...

Consider this for a moment... you and I are only here because it's happened to 15,000 other people 7,500 times... it's not just the unlikely event of your parents boinking, but their parents and their parents and their parents time approximately seven thousand five hundred times.

each and every one of us is a product of this equation.

and then consider the odds of all of us meeting here on a third party hack website for a dying fifteen year old japanese on line video game.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-09-21 12:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
wow...

Hey, my wife says the same things I've said here.

Going on 20 years together at this point.

I'm just observing things we've observed.

Frankly I think a lot of guys expect too much/have too high of expectations as well, and I suspect Nausi is among them. But his standards are his own to set. But if his standards keep him alone, that too is his to accept.
By fonewear 2017-09-21 12:14:12
Link | Citer | R

My standard is the FFXIAH standard which is quite low !
By Ramyrez 2017-09-21 12:18:14
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
My standard is the FFXIAH standard which is quite low !

Given no proof is ever enough for anyone on a subject around here, I submit that our standards are, in fact, so astronomically high that they are nigh unachievable.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-21 12:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Frankly I think a lot of guys expect too much/have too high of expectations

the problem is... everyone has no idea what it is they are actually looking for until after they find it and realize they were wrong up until that point....

what you're looking for is the other half of your soul... that you don't even realize is missing in the first place....it's probably not the person that you think you want...when you find them you just end up getting bored....

it's the person you least expect which is why it's so difficult in the first place...
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-21 12:42:09
Link | Citer | R

At 28, I've found that most single women who are younger than me are single for a reason, usually that reason is that they are too conflicted, don't know what they want and/or are immature whereas older women in their early to mid thirties know what they want and have a better chance of actually being sane.

I haven't exactly given up, but for the time being I have lost interest in trying to find and deal with someone my own age or younger.

Apparently, if this MGTOW movement is to be believed, many men are losing interest in relationships and marriage altogether. I don't really see it but I don't exactly ask other single guys why they are single, mainly because I feel MGTOW is just as cancerous as SJWs and Tumblr feminists. Anything designed to divide people, be it by race, sex, religion, etc is cancer.

So after that tangent, I'm curious, are any of you who are single by choice single because you believe the opposite sex is insane or have you simply lost interest, have no time or something like that?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-21 12:44:57
Link | Citer | R

Frankly I think a lot of guys expect too much/have too high of expectations as well

Being treated as a human being and not a portable ATM is apparently "too high" expectations.

Seeing as both of you haven't been on the modern dating scene, I'm telling you it's much different then it was 10 years ago, and not even the same game as twenty years ago. Hyper stimulation and access to mass communication has radically changed the definition of "available". Simultaneously it's inflated the standards of women to obscene levels. Anyhow that's a whole different topic of discussion. Any experience you have from ten or more years ago doesn't apply.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-21 12:47:10
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
At 28, I've found that most single women who are younger than me are single for a reason, usually that reason is that they are too conflicted, don't know what they want and/or are immature whereas older women in their early to mid thirties know what they want and have a better chance of actually being sane.

In other words, only date "women" who've already slept with a few dozens dudes, had their wild sex party days and are now looking for a portable ATM to settle down with.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-21 12:48:26
Link | Citer | R

In other words, only date "women" who've already slept with a few dozens dudes, had their wild sex party days and are now looking for a portable ATM to settle down with.
Not exactly. But okay.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-21 12:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Being treated as a human being and not a portable ATM is apparently "too high" expectations.

I've actually heard the opposite gripe too though from younger people. That they've no problem going dutch on things and all things being square, but no one wants commitments anymore, just random hookups.

Which frankly seems far worse to me. But, well. You're not wrong in that I've been off the market longer than all the newer people on the market the past few years have been alive.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-21 12:55:09
Link | Citer | R

I haven't exactly given up, but for the time being I'm have lost interest in trying to find and deal with someone my own age or youngerholding out for the gas station girl of my dreams.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-21 12:58:13
Link | Citer | R

Any experience you have from ten or more years ago doesn't apply.

I haven't dated anyone but my wife for thirty years....

but yes you should ignore all 150,000 years of historical evidence and human experience because right now is so much different than ever before...

there are over 7.5 billion people on the planet... it is mathematically impossible that you have come into contact with enough of them to form an opinion AT ALL you simply don't know what women's standards are because you simply haven't met enough of them to form an intelligent opinion.

you think you have... BUT YOU HAVEN'T...trust me... mathematically, statistically speaking you haven't met anyone.

Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-21 13:03:07
Link | Citer | R

I haven't exactly given up, but for the time being I'm have lost interest in trying to find and deal with someone my own age or youngerholding out for the gas station girl of my dreams.
If she don't got a muffin top, a double wide, and a can of Skoal, she ain't for me.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-21 13:08:50
Link | Citer | R

thinking outside 'the box' which in this case is your own personal experience in your little bubble of reality in your shitty little town closed off from the rest of the everything.

you can't see anything from outside this perspective because it's all you have ever known.... there is another way though...

[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-09-21 13:10:43
Link | Citer | R

If she don't got a muffin top, a double wide, and a can of Skoal, she ain't for me.

"He don't want none unless you got snuff, hon."
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-21 13:11:18
Link | Citer | R

I'm writing all this down. So when I get married I can go see this website has it uses !
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-21 13:14:29
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I'm writing all this down. So when I get married I can go see this website has it uses !
All I know is when she says that nothing is wrong, something is definitely wrong and it's your fault and you get to guess what it is.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-21 13:15:37
Link | Citer | R

"He don't want none unless you got snuff, hon."
That there's the queen of my double wide trailer with the polyester curtains and the redwood deck.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-21 13:26:09
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-21 13:29:15
Link | Citer | R

From my past experience Nik is right. I've found love when I wasn't really looking for it. Now granted the last few didn't work out but. It will happen when it happens.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 50 51 52