Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Ratri Sollerets +1 for sale
Ratri Sollerets +1 for sale
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-23 12:25:27
Link | Citer | R

no the rings dont work like that, your taking a 1% multiplier and making it 100%.

With food PLUS rings your 1/64 or 1.56%~ now become 1/64 * 1.09 or 1.7%~ chance. Seems less wow right?
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-23 12:28:46
Link | Citer | R

As far as I recall its actually much less then 1% I think comeatmebro did the math awhile back.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-23 13:15:15
Link | Citer | R

The margins are too low for anyone to reliably say exactly what they do, but the main two ways to interpret it are 1% relative boost to HQ rate and straight 1% boost to HQ rate. Evidence strongly backs it not being a straight 1% boost.

If JP wiki is correct on coconut rusks being 7%, you have 9% available total with both rings. Looking at it as a relative boost, it comes out to exactly what azagarth said: 1/64 * 1.09 = .01703125 or ~1/59.

Regardless, prices in these can be expected to sit in the 150-200M range on the cheaper pieces. Keep in mind that very very few people have the gil sitting around to buy full sets at the inflated prices sellers expect.

On the sollerets specifically, you're looking at approximately 3.5-4M per synth. An average run of 59 would cost ~236M if you go high with 4M each, and give ~53 NQs. With NQs going for 3M minimum on all major servers, you have a loss of 77M to make up even at 1/59. A 150M sale on the HQ gets you a net profit of 73M. That's about as good as can be expected from a profit synth these days.

Bottom line is that blasting through these synths without a plan for the NQs will get you nowhere. With all the infinite gil exploits long sorted away, deflation in effect from all the NPC mats being purchased, and merc prices dropping rapidly, nobody is throwing 2B at a full set of this ***. If you can't recover a decent amount of your cost on NQs, you're going to be sadly disappointed trying to pull 300-400M on a single HQ.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-23 13:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Which leads to my opinion of saying that so many ppl constantly undercutting in a market item that requires a questline to create is plain stupidity but alas some ppl have more gil then sense
By clearlyamule 2017-06-23 13:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Think byrth did some analysis of the various + rate stuff on bg crafting threads. Pretty sure most people are in agreement that it doesn't just add on. Would be way too powerful on low tier and well would be extremely noticeable. Though how the individual bonuses add together or multiply is way too small a difference to really tell. Iirc I think rusks were shown to possibly not help hq rate either but don't quote me on that. Reading back seemed it didn't help with rings on but seemed to help without rings

There's also another possibility that there are caps to rates within a tier. I seem to remember reading some testing on that on bg for that in regards to success rate so at some point kitrons for example did nothing
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-23 13:30:23
Link | Citer | R

sets been out For month now, Lots of pieces have not even hit a full history of sales, and most best seller sell at 1 a day, AT BEST would take you 2 months to sell off the NQ's. This is why the HQ sells for 300m~ on most, there is no realistic way to recoup the NQ cost. Its why I see people on Asura with 20+ of the same NQ for 1m~2m to just liquidate what they can.

Also every synth requires 3 of the 1.2m mats, so any synth will be 3.6m + around 200k in junk mats, then 1-2 delve items which are running 1.5m-2.5 per. Then you got legs/body which require an extra 1.2m buyable mat. So ya the cheapest most are going to cost to make is 5-6m~ the bodies and legs will run more to try. for math sake say 1/60 your looking at 300-360m in mat costs for the cheaper items, which is why people are selling off the NQs at like 1-2m (60-120m recouped) because what they recoupe on the NQ's is essentially the profit which is kinda sad.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-23 13:35:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura prices:

Cehuetzi claw 600k
macuil plating 300k
2x azure leaf 2.5m
2x panacea 40k
2x cermet chunk 10k
gold sheet 30k
fire crystal 1k
5% break rate on azure cermet, costing you up to 2.55m = 128k
1/16 hq rate on azure cermet, making you at least one freebie = +159k

exact asura price is actually only 3,450,000 to make a pair of ratri sollerets right now if you outright buy off AH/npc with no concern for cost.. that means even if you throw out every single NQ the HQ would only cost 206.5M to produce on average

also, a single server transfer can move your 50-odd NQs to 16 seperate servers, requiring less than a week to sell them all

let's be real, the only pieces that are worth paying over 200M for are certain legs/bodies.. the rest are just going to float around the AH until sellers wise up to how much deflation has actually happened
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-23 13:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Our server is selling em 140mil:0

My ***, no server has sold any that cheap over AH. So without proof I'm calling BS. I'd keep for anything less than 200M.

Odin.Umopepisdn said: »
Someone was shouting to sell them here for 140 yesterday, lul

I find it hilarious when people think that something is specifically priced because some dude shouted or sold it for that price, ONCE. It's worth will fluctuate regardless as the only person who can put a true value is the individual in need of the item, and how much it's worth to them.
Slow your roll new crafter. Yes there's a lot of undercutting going on my server. And yes the dipshit trying to sell them for 140mil is desperate for gil. And for the slow ones not every transaction is seen on the AH. This guy has been shouting randomly to sell for 140mil. This is a fact now why is he selling so low? New crafter or so gil hungry he wants to sell at this price.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-23 13:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Our server is selling em 140mil:0

My ***, no server has sold any that cheap over AH. So without proof I'm calling BS. I'd keep for anything less than 200M.

Odin.Umopepisdn said: »
Someone was shouting to sell them here for 140 yesterday, lul

I find it hilarious when people think that something is specifically priced because some dude shouted or sold it for that price, ONCE. It's worth will fluctuate regardless as the only person who can put a true value is the individual in need of the item, and how much it's worth to them.
Oh as for evidence there's this really cool feature on here it shows every servers shout going on once you change the server. That's how I knew he was shouting for that much. I thought you were smarter then that :(
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-23 14:08:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura prices:

Cehuetzi claw 600k
macuil plating 300k
2x azure leaf 2.5m
2x panacea 40k
2x cermet chunk 10k
gold sheet 30k
fire crystal 1k

exact asura price is actually only 3,450,000 to make a pair of ratri sollerets right now if you outright buy off AH/npc with no concern for cost.. that means even if you throw out every single NQ the HQ would only cost 206.5M to produce on average

also, a single server transfer can move your 50-odd NQs to 16 seperate servers, requiring less than a week to sell them all

let's be real, the only pieces that are worth paying over 200M for are certain legs/bodies.. the rest are just going to float around the AH until sellers wise up to how much deflation has actually happened

well to be fair the claw is under half of its original price since its the easiest delve to spam/solo(with mules). You would avg about 1m more for that synth in general on a normal month. Also I doubt 20 feet have sold in a month on asura, last sale was 6 days ago, most drks have them by now which means almost 0 market, and almost 0 reason for a crafter to make them meaning the HQ will stay just as rare as it is now. Even more important is its probably the most important HQ of the set meaning demand is going to be better.

I am also not asking 300m lol, but yes it would probably be worth that :D
By Taint 2017-06-23 14:22:29
Link | Citer | R

In the interest of finding data on how rings work I've been searching forums. Found this BG post, needs more data for sure. T2-t3 look like a 1% gain. T0-1 need way more data.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120352-CraftyMath?p=6050626&viewfull=1#post6050626

Anyone have a link to the ffxiah data?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-23 14:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura prices:

Cehuetzi claw 600k
macuil plating 300k
2x azure leaf 2.5m
2x panacea 40k
2x cermet chunk 10k
gold sheet 30k
fire crystal 1k

well to be fair the claw is under half of its original price since its the easiest delve to spam/solo(with mules). You would avg about 1m more for that synth in general on a normal month. Also I doubt 20 feet have sold in a month on asura, last sale was 6 days ago, most drks have them by now which means almost 0 market, and almost 0 reason for a crafter to make them meaning the HQ will stay just as rare as it is now. Even more important is its probably the most important HQ of the set meaning demand is going to be better.

I am also not asking 300m lol, but yes it would probably be worth that :D
Nah your price is legit. I'm just shocked and disgusted with some crafters on my server just dropping prices fast. But I think it's because they are gil hungry and can't stand it hasn't sold in 24 hours. Finishing my alchemy shield today so gonna be fun trying these lol.
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-06-23 14:43:01
Link | Citer | R

But I think it's because they are gil hungry and can't stand it hasn't sold in 24 hours

That's what happens when you're a struggling craftsman and live 'paycheck to paycheck'. (Can only craft when you can, not when you want, because you don't have the gil.) When you don't do it like this, you can sit on things for a month, but that itself can also be a gamble at times. These type crafter's ruin it for them, and everyone else when they undervalue themselves, and probably should find another method to obtain gil.

Oh as for evidence there's this really cool feature on here it shows every servers shout going on once you change the server. That's how I knew he was shouting for that much. I thought you were smarter then that :(

Sorry, I don't have time to browse other servers for fun. Asura shouts keep me more than entertained. Good looking out though. :)
By Blazed1979 2017-06-23 15:38:44
Link | Citer | R

The fundamental problem with FFXI's economy has always been due to
1. Artificial hard ceilings in the cost of production - increasing your production does not decrease the cost of production. You can't invest the gil you earned to make producing goods cheaper. The developers either did this on purpose, or more likely and judging by how badly SE understands economics, (demonstrated consistently over the past in their decisions) they just don't understand the fundamentals of why producing becomes profitable. Initial big investments that pay dividends down the line by increasing efficiency (speed) and reducing cost to produce.

2. Competition - at the end of the above point competition becomes the name of the game. Marketing plays a role. Sell big volume at low cost (achieve primacy position within market)? or sell low volume at high cost (differentiator strategy and brand promise)

3. Recipes - too few recipes, too common recipes. They need to introduce hundred of thousands of combinations. Right now they have this with the augmenting system. They could easily utulise that randomness, but tweak it a bit with more controls, to represent an excellent crafting system.

For a game to get crafting right, they need to come up with a means for players to demonstrate one of the above strategies - bulk or quality? A mechanic where crafting slowly = better quality (think Rolls Royce or hand-made textiles and Jewellery) vs Automated production like a Kia.

They get those parameters existing in an MMO and you have potential for a very robust economy limited to the creativity of players.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-23 17:57:05
Link | Citer | R

But I think it's because they are gil hungry and can't stand it hasn't sold in 24 hours

That's what happens when you're a struggling craftsman and live 'paycheck to paycheck'. (Can only craft when you can, not when you want, because you don't have the gil.) When you don't do it like this, you can sit on things for a month, but that itself can also be a gamble at times. These type crafter's ruin it for them, and everyone else when they undervalue themselves, and probably should find another method to obtain gil.

I agree with that Odin has been getting a lot of new crafters acting like that :(
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-24 14:10:18
Link | Citer | R

bump
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-25 23:21:43
Link | Citer | R

bump
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-27 17:07:58
Link | Citer | R

Looking for some Alex still, Can make a deal of alex+gil, or even hmp + gil, hbp would be a consideration too since a friend needs now. Or you know, strait buying them works too :D
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-02 18:32:15
Link | Citer | R

bump
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-04 02:28:04