Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Game Crashing with Windower
Game Crashing with Windower
By Sephirotaru 2017-03-28 19:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Hey everyone,

I posted on reddit earlier today and they recommended I come here. I have tried everything and I just can't get this to work. (there's a crash dump for this incident I just created, it's in a link in the next reply)

The other day I was playing normally, dualboxing as I do, both with windower of course. I hit the quest Breaking the Ice (to unlock Fragmenting in Kamihr) and forgot to switch to vanilla, so I hit the black screen bug. I logged out of both windows, and ran the game in vanilla to finish the quest. I did, and switched back to windower - and the game crashed on switch from POL to FFXI. Ever since then, I have had the same issue.

I have tried everything, and I have read more threads on these issues than I can count, and nothing has worked. That includes a system restore, uninstalling windower, uninstalling both windower and FFXI/POL, messing with my registry keys, messing with my config file... nothing. I keep getting the same issue.

When I run it without Windower (after properly configuring my resolution), it works just fine. When I then try with Windower, I get a 'PlayOnline has stopped working' when switching from the POL Viewer to the FFXI game window.

I am at my wit's end - any insight would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I am running Windows 10, tried running without plugins/addons, using a dedicated NVidia card with an integrated Intel, I have more RAM than I know what to do with, drivers are all updated - all specs I was running fine with before this Breaking the Ice crap.

Please help me play again.

Also, unfortunately, I tried to get a crash dump to share but the debug tool won't even connect to POL - it keeps saying Access is denied. Thoughts?
By Sephirotaru 2017-03-28 20:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Derp - figured out the debug tool issue. Here's a link to the crash dump file that (I think) should work:

Crash dump - Google drive file
By Jetackuu 2017-03-28 21:44:46
Link | Citer | R

Try an older system restore point, really if it doesn't fix it it's just a reinstall of the OS.
 Bahamut.Valienta
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Valienta 2017-04-01 09:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Second what Jatackuu has said. Twice now if I try to run FFXI vanilla I've had to roll back to a previous restore point to get around the white screen crash when I go back to running Windower. Seems something is changing when launch vanilla that causes Windower to break after.