users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ambuscade Tank cape augments
Ambuscade Tank cape augments
 Cerberus.Devlin
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Devlin 2017-02-19 17:04:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure it's been answered on both threads but I was just curious what are the agreed on best augments for tanking capes for both rune fencer and paladin. I've seen the tp and ws suggestions but nothing for tanking. I apologize in advance if it's been answered tons of times elsewhere. Thank you!
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-19 17:52:10
Link | Citer | R

That's cause there's really not much to do in the way of tanking augs.

HP/Meva/Enmity+. That's about it. You could VIT+ rather than HP, but well, that's a pretty minuscule defensive increase. Maybe INT if focusing on magic dmg taken? But again, meh. The general consensus is it's just better to have a high Idle HP.

The enmity+ reduces CE loss from taking dmg, and doubles as a general enmity cape. There's no PDT/DT option for sap augs, and nothing else in there has any defense benefit at all.

EDIT: There's significant benefit to be had from a fast cast+ cape. Btu that's not really a tanking piece persay, defining tanking gear as stuff you want to wear when getting hit. Still good to have though
 Cerberus.Devlin
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Devlin 2017-02-19 17:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Thank you I was just curious what would be a good general set for them. Would the other jse cape from wkr work better. I'm usually tanking low man ambuscade or escha stuff.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-02-19 18:23:17
Link | Citer | R

For Paladin I use the HP/ENM/Acc/Att combo. I'm capped -DT so I prefer to use that rather than JSE, plus it has more Acc/ENM. I do however use JSE for Phalanx.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-02-19 18:35:06
Link | Citer | R

PLD: HP 80 EVA/MEVA 20 Enmity 10. Or personally I use VIT 30 EVA MEVA 20 Enmity 10
 Odin.Bobingie
Serveur: Odin
user: Bobingie
By Odin.Bobingie 2017-02-19 19:31:44
Link | Citer | R

You'd be better off going HP 60, EVA 20/MEVA 30, Enmity 10 for both RUN and PLD back pieces for tanking.