High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-25 02:29:20
Link | Citer | R

its not like ratri is expensive, they are 3m~ now. Thats an hour of farming, or just burning sparks 3x. You will technically blow more gil on af+3 legs.

A great side benefit though is that ratri also have 7 stp, which means being able to stop stp from your tp sets which af+3 doesnt have. This could be no change or a big change in your tp set, I know it allowed me to make a swap for more DA which was a nice side bonus.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-06-25 06:32:10
Link | Citer | R

i don't disagree, but he already has the af +3 and he mentioned making his own ratri, since our server isn't as populated as yours. I just wouldn't call the legs a priority piece like the helm and hands are
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-04 15:59:00
Link | Citer | R

I added my version of gannos lua on the front page, its located here too. There is still much to be added, and many sets to be tweaked. But the needed parts are mostly all there. Its been working good so far, still in testing though. I altered alot from gannos, and plan to even more once life calms down and I can get time. The mass amount of request's I am getting daily for lua's is having me post it before its ready, but maybe someone with extra time can add the parts or others they see beneficial and share?
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-14 17:14:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm just posting to whine about my lua and inventory space
because no irl can appreciate just how time consuming this is.
My wife thinks I'm cheating on her because all i do is sit down after work at the PC without the game playing, looking all stressed and constantly alt tabing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-14 17:31:03
Link | Citer | R

That sounds terrible sorry prime:(
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-14 17:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Need a solution to Lua addiction and need wardrobes 5 and 6. Save my marriage SE.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-14 17:46:15
Link | Citer | R

I could get behind the wardrobes fosho. Drk is eating my inventory space alive
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-07-14 17:58:05
Link | Citer | R

I'd happily pay 2 more dollars for 2 more wardrobes. It's holding me back from really diving into another job other than the ones I play currently.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-14 19:18:20
Link | Citer | R

I have 11 active jobs (can change to in under 2 mins) and all geared too.... sadly had to semi retire 2 others which dont see much use anymore.... But even then im 4/4 wardrobes, using satchel/case/sack as my 5-7th wardrobe in conjunction with inv moving ***around on job changes. My mog house storage is full too 100% and I got a mule dedicated to just gear for the other lv99 jobs I dont use too. Its been a real pain in the ***.

A very simple fix is to allow a "job specific" inv that only activates when your on said job, that holds all af/relic/emp/jse capes only for that job. Right there is 30~ slotts per job and wouldnt be hard to do. They can already lock out different inventory like Locker/wardrobe3&4 etc for reasons, so programming lockouts when not on said job would be very easy to do.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-07-15 08:13:42
Link | Citer | R

I refuse to use the case/sack since it doesn't auto swap from there and I don't want to have to move stuff around. The 4 wardrobes basically cover 5 jobs for me.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-15 10:54:57
Link | Citer | R

ya if it was possible id not do it either but with 11 jobs actively used... you got no choice.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-15 12:30:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
ya if it was possible id not do it either but with 11 jobs actively used... you got no choice.
waa waaa waa waa organizer waa waa waaa waa
By Blazed1979 2017-07-17 14:35:28
Link | Citer | R

So I'm still missing +3 body, but I've managed to get everything else other than that, HQ.
Very pleased with the results so far. Done a bit of testing in Omen, Reisinjima., Apex Crabs

(Don't use gearswap while in Reisinjima. My Cata's suddenly dropped from 19k averages to 8k out of nowhere. Packets were dropping. As soon as I started using vanilla macros, dmg went back up to 19-20k)

Reiseinjima Mobs: Mid 20's with no non-native buffs
Omen: 19-22k
Apex Crabs: 19-22k
Spikes: (Highest: 43k) (Rare: 35k) (common enough spikes: 28k)
http://imgur.com/a/dh5Pp
These are some screenshots with the above set that represent the average range and what a spike looks like on fodder. Cata's were doing around 12-14k previously in old ws set. A noticeable improvement.

Its a good day for me, Apoc has always been my favorite weapon and being able to get decent numbers out of it is a big deal. I don't expect to get a huge drop in DMG on higher content, if at all, considering how many buffs I will have access to.

Also, there was never really any danger switching into HQ Ratri set with Apoc and Cata spam in Omen. Was a fun run in Omen, haven't taken my DRK out in a while. Crooked Cards Samurai roll XI, Tacticians Roll XI + Dreadspikes and this is broken as ***.
Walking death. A lot of fun.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-17 15:24:33
Link | Citer | R

ya I get high 19k avg with cata on things like woc/kirin the few times I tried it out. The dmg stays very consistent across all scenarios when buffs are up. Seeing that you have HQ set and thus 8wsd more and a few extra stats/att to see 20k~ avg is right on target of what I expected.

I notice spikes of high 20k's too and I always assumed that was a DA roll, and when I see 30k+ it was a QA. I am not sure if it would be better but I am considering trying to test a bit more DA in the build. Things like af+3 legs over my NQ ratri and Cessance over ishvara, that would net you +13DA which should bring you to a very noticeable 1/6~ ws DA about, but you do lose 9 wsd.... so I am unsure if they spikes would be worth the avg lowering.

theoretically the change is about 1k~ dmg avg lower per ws, but you jump up 6-8k~ when you DA from what we have noticed. so now going from 1/20 to 1/6 ws's will add +6-8k is about a wash with the 1k lower per those 6 more or less. It seems like a "wash" to me overall, but one benefit of the af+3 + cessance is your looking at a very large jump in acc, so for now I use it in my mid-acc cata set. I am sure HQ ratri though will be clearer.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-17 16:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Tp return after ws I guess as well due to greater DA procs. Every bit counts.
This omen campaign is God send, in 3 days managed to get my legs+2 done and 2 more runs away from finishing +2 body.
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2017-07-17 16:53:04
Link | Citer | R

I have 11 active jobs (can change to in under 2 mins) and all geared too.... sadly had to semi retire 2 others which dont see much use anymore.... But even then im 4/4 wardrobes, using satchel/case/sack as my 5-7th wardrobe in conjunction with inv moving ***around on job changes. My mog house storage is full too 100% and I got a mule dedicated to just gear for the other lv99 jobs I dont use too. Its been a real pain in the ***.

A very simple fix is to allow a "job specific" inv that only activates when your on said job, that holds all af/relic/emp/jse capes only for that job. Right there is 30~ slotts per job and wouldnt be hard to do. They can already lock out different inventory like Locker/wardrobe3&4 etc for reasons, so programming lockouts when not on said job would be very easy to do.

You could always sort your inv out methodically e.g. W. 1 & 2 for Necks, Rings, Earrings, Belts, Capes, Ammo and keep W. 3 & 4 strictly for those jobs you wish to swap to at a moments notice, thereby freeing up your main inv other then weapons/grips/meds.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-17 20:39:38
Link | Citer | R

ya I get high 19k avg with cata on things like woc/kirin the few times I tried it out. The dmg stays very consistent across all scenarios when buffs are up. Seeing that you have HQ set and thus 8wsd more and a few extra stats/att to see 20k~ avg is right on target of what I expected.

I notice spikes of high 20k's too and I always assumed that was a DA roll, and when I see 30k+ it was a QA. I am not sure if it would be better but I am considering trying to test a bit more DA in the build. Things like af+3 legs over my NQ ratri and Cessance over ishvara, that would net you +13DA which should bring you to a very noticeable 1/6~ ws DA about, but you do lose 9 wsd.... so I am unsure if they spikes would be worth the avg lowering.

theoretically the change is about 1k~ dmg avg lower per ws, but you jump up 6-8k~ when you DA from what we have noticed. so now going from 1/20 to 1/6 ws's will add +6-8k is about a wash with the 1k lower per those 6 more or less. It seems like a "wash" to me overall, but one benefit of the af+3 + cessance is your looking at a very large jump in acc, so for now I use it in my mid-acc cata set. I am sure HQ ratri though will be clearer.
ratri would still be better if you alread have ahem. af3 for entropy though. besides HQ ratri, that's as ideal as you will get. second earring all has fairly weak choices so you can use things like lugra +1 at night or telos when acc could be an issue (which should really only apply to multiple attacks.)
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-17 20:46:39
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Tp return after ws I guess as well due to greater DA procs. Every bit counts.
This omen campaign is God send, in 3 days managed to get my legs+2 done and 2 more runs away from finishing +2 body.

well for cata directly, overflow tp doesnt help dmg, but if you mix in CR it wouldnt hurt.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-18 01:38:31
Link | Citer | R

well for cata directly, overflow tp doesnt help dmg, but if you mix in CR it wouldnt hurt.
meant getting to 1000 tp speed, greater volume of ws's.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-18 01:45:13
Link | Citer | R

blazed, do you have a 3 hit apoc? If not I suggest building it, your life will change forever :D its very hard but you got the means to do it and I am sure you got a pocket regal cor by now haha.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-18 02:10:03
Link | Citer | R

blazed, do you have a 3 hit apoc? If not I suggest building it, your life will change forever :D its very hard but you got the means to do it and I am sure you got a pocket regal cor by now haha.
Only recently got the time to rework DRK sets as we took a break from Aeonics this week, so been taking out other jobs and enjoying/experimenting. Namely MNK/DRK/SAM.

With regards to 3hit; before or after Crooked Cards SAM roll XI + regal necklace?

I do have one in Omen/escha/SoA zones, but the 3Hit set is only good for content up until 135/140sh depending on food/buffs. Been speaking to Sav about this offline. Its a struggle to get to the required accuracy. Augments haven't been great.

I'm stuck @ 1098 Accuracy before Hasso, outside of MH with no food or other buffs. Its fine for card farming. But even then Medium term parses show 96.9 % accuracy. (3x Runs over 70 minutes)

I'm looking at food options in parallel to trying to get better augments. No one has enough resources to deal with the notorious RNG of SE. Any advice/help appreciated. (Also im @ 25% gear haste, not 26% - sad face)

These TP sets are a work in progress

Code
 ammo="Ginsen",
        head="Sulevia's Mask +2",
        body={ name="Odyss. Chestplate", augments={'"Store TP"+8','Attack+1',}},
        hands={ name="Argosy Mufflers +1", augments={'STR+20','"Dbl.Atk."+3','Haste+3%',}},
        legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'"Store TP"+6','Accuracy+10','Accuracy+19 Attack+19','Mag. Acc.+14 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
        feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Accuracy+23','"Store TP"+7','Attack+7',}},
        neck="Ainia Collar",
        waist="Goading Belt",
        left_ear="Dedition Earring",
        right_ear="Telos Earring",
        left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
        right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
        back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10',}},
    }

My 4hit sits at 1231 Accuracy same conditions pretty much turns into a 3hit with capped SAM rolls in omen and escha zones.
Code
{
        ammo="Ginsen",
        head="Flam. Zucchetto +1",
        body="Dagon Breast.",
        hands={ name="Argosy Mufflers +1", augments={'STR+20','"Dbl.Atk."+3','Haste+3%',}},
        legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'"Store TP"+6','Accuracy+10','Accuracy+19 Attack+19','Mag. Acc.+14 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
        feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Accuracy+23','"Store TP"+7','Attack+7',}},
        neck="Ainia Collar",
        waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
        left_ear="Dedition Earring",
        right_ear="Telos Earring",
        left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
        right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
        back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10',}},
    }

Edit: I'm fairly sure last night in card farming run that 3hit was giving back 500+tp per swing with capped rolls. But I had tacticians on as well, and duo-boxing with my group is rough because they move so fast and don't stand around waiting for rolls. so chasing them on my cor mule + trying to stay alive as DRK without a healer means very bad attention span to tp returns, but when I looked, I did see 500-520 tp returns after swings.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-18 02:34:34
Link | Citer | R

With regards to 3hit; before or after Crooked Cards SAM roll XI + regal necklace?

ya with cor ws+2hits, wouldnt try w/o that.
 Odin.Nappy
Serveur: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2017-07-20 13:54:30
Link | Citer | R

Edit: NVM I think its just out of date :(

I have to ask xD. Everyone says Drk does not have a spreadsheet. Is something wrong with motentens?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-20 15:14:30
Link | Citer | R

500+ Delay weapons usually run with a base 4-hit that COR's can then upgrade to a 3-hit. 400~480 delay weapons typically run with a 5-hit that COR's can then upgrade to a 4-hit.

It's really important noting the COR as an upgrade because their Store TP bonus is also effective during WS, where your taking off most of your Store TP gear.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-20 15:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

500+ Delay weapons usually run with a base 4-hit that COR's can then upgrade to a 3-hit. 400~480 delay weapons typically run with a 5-hit that COR's can then upgrade to a 4-hit.

It's really important noting the COR as an upgrade because their Store TP bonus is also effective during WS, where your taking off most of your Store TP gear.

And this is where so many xhits get broken, not accounting for tp after ws
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-20 15:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

And this is where so many xhits get broken, not accounting for tp after ws

Yeah and it really hurts one hit WS's, especially with lower delay weapons.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-07-20 15:59:26
Link | Citer | R

When you design your X hit, you need to know the bare minimum return you get from a weaponskill that you'd want to ensure you have your X hit while using even once. I need a 1 hitter for AM, so I know how much TP I get from that. And in fact, I intentionally give up small possible damage increases in that weaponskill to get in STP in the ws set so that I need less STP in my TP build. But that's because I only use it for AM, if it was a spammy weaponskill I would not not make that same gearing decision.

Point being, your X hit doesn't get broken because of not accounting for TP return of a weaponskill...if that happens...you never had an X hit in the first place. You just put in store TP into your TP build mindlessly without understanding what it's there for or how much you needed.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-20 16:05:58
Link | Citer | R

My biggest problem with Torcleaver is to get it to outperform resolution is the STP during ws. I'm getting dismal tp return after torcleaver - 151.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-20 20:20:06
Link | Citer | R

My biggest problem with Torcleaver is to get it to outperform resolution is the STP during ws. I'm getting dismal tp return after torcleaver - 151.

I tried mentioning this and got massive hate from people demanding they wanted to play not-WAR.

With all the WSD now available I was able to get a Torc WS set that beat Reso but what then happened was the TP return made is so the Reso using was getting TP faster due to more MA and less STP needed. Once Cad's AM3 is factored in you end in a wash. This could be mitigated by using a Corsair roll on Misers to guarantee higher returns but that roll could of gone to Chaos, Hunters or even Fighters (if the other two aren't needed) instead. Or people do what I suspect their doing and bring mule COR's to roll and drop before the pop their NM and kill it before the rolls wear.

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Point being, your X hit doesn't get broken because of not accounting for TP return of a weaponskill...if that happens...you never had an X hit in the first place. You just put in store TP into your TP build mindlessly without understanding what it's there for or how much you needed.

Most people don't know how to calculate out Store TP anyway and instead use that calculator that tells them they need X amount in their TP sets. Then a COR gives them SAM's and instead of bumping them to the proper X-hit it just fixes the broke one they had.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-20 20:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Insert "ihateMontante+1" here lol

Seriously, mine took a bit of testing and maneuvering in various sets because the delay left me at 984 4hit+ws. That's a piss off I tell ya.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 53 54 55