Nintendo NX Is Now The Nintendo Switch.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-20 23:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Here's hoping this bad boy runs 4k docked... on TV. I imagine it will not and specs will be roughly the same as PS4 PRO, which will run 4k, Im thinking. Maybe NIN can prove me wrong but definitely might be buying this thing. Weather or not devs will even bother supporting such a device being it's choice to use cartridge over CD/DVD/BLU design is a whole other story all together.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 00:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »
meh all this gimmicks will make the console too expensive.

Wii U did the same they sold a $100 console for $300 cause they wanted you to have a tablet and here it is again.

Maybe in the future they will have a gimmick free version then i'll be in.
Gimmick? WiiU did not allow you to play games on the road using the controller...
The whole idea is genius

The only downside I see is how WiiU allowed the controller screen to function simutaneously w/ the TV screen. I really hope "docking" is not absolutely necessary. How can you port ZELDA using such on WiiU to Switch if not.... fawk "docking"
WiiU was by far the best NIN idea for a console/controller so at least happy to see some things returning back again...
if not all

EDIT: Zelda BotW will play better on the WiiU than on Switch. NIN just *** it all up if so... gdi
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2016-10-21 01:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Docking station confirmed to just be a charging and connection port. All the processing power is in the tablet.
Do you have a source for this? Not that I don't believe you but I'd like to see if there isn't more information about it, specwise
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-21 01:34:41
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2016-10-21 01:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Akson said: »

Wii U did the same they sold a $100 console for $300 cause they wanted you to have a tablet and here it is again.

Gimmick? WiiU did not allow you to play games on the road using the controller...
The whole idea is genius

The only downside I see is how WiiU allowed the controller screen to function simutaneously w/ the TV screen. I really hope "docking" is not absolutely necessary. How can you port ZELDA using such on WiiU to Switch if not.... fawk "docking"
WiiU was by far the best NIN idea for a console/controller so at least happy to see some things returning back again...
if not all

EDIT: Zelda BotW will play better on the WiiU than on Switch. NIN just *** it all up if so... gdi
Aonuma is quoted as basically saying the touchscreen was a mistake, and that it wasn't practical to use while playing BotW. This and considering the graphical complexity of the title (relative to the weak Wii U hardware, anyway) leads me to believe the game won't even be outputting to the tablet, similar to how DKCTF doesn't either so that all system resources can be dedicated to keeping the framerate up, and not rendering an unnecessary second screen.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 03:48:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »

The whole idea is genius

if not all

Aonuma is quoted as basically saying the touchscreen was a mistake, and that it wasn't practical to use while playing BotW. This and considering the graphical complexity of the title (relative to the weak Wii U hardware, anyway) leads me to believe the game won't even be outputting to the tablet, similar to how DKCTF doesn't either so that all system resources can be dedicated to keeping the framerate up, and not rendering an unnecessary second screen.
After playing ZELDA Skyward Sword as well as Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and seeing all on screen menus, items, maps being on the touchscreen controller itself maximizing the TV screen visibility. It's hard not seeing such as being a backwards step and a total blunder if Switch does not offer the same exact thing.

I rather just play ZELDA BotW on WiiU if so... it worked perfectly as intended before. Im sure BotW will not be any exception.
 Asura.Diavos
Serveur: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-21 03:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Investors aren't impressed, Nintendo stock prices took a steep 6.5% dive this morning according to Wall Street Journal.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 04:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Diavos said: »
Investors aren't impressed, Nintendo stock prices took a steep 6.5% dive this morning according to Wall Street Journal.
I really hope they can pull it off and sell a ton of these systems while enticing devs to port over all games cross platform onto Switch as well. I think that the 3rd party support will either make or break the deal.

NIN has always been creative inventing hardware while Sony and everyone else included just copy/paste NIN ideas, usually using stronger hardware, out selling NIN. If not for the N64 controller there would be no Dualshock (analog sticks). Even the L2/R2 "trigger" idea on XBox was a Z-Trigger on that same exact controller...

If all cross platform games arrive on NIN Switch converting every one of those games from DVD/BLU to Cartridge while turning them all into mobile gaming. I think Switch will do well enough to stomp XB1 if not PS4 itself.

Just let me be able to use the gd dual screen Switch+TV concept...
Losing such is like removing analog control or vibration from controllers. Two steps forwards. Three steps backwards.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Jetackuu 2016-10-21 06:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Uh analog predates the dualshock even in the playstation line of controllers.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-10-21 07:20:30
Link | Citer | R

idc about the console, im buying it either way.

I care about the games, looks like this thing is getting ALOT of 3rd party support.

I just want a Console version of Monster hunter gdi.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2016-10-21 08:36:27
Link | Citer | R

The whole idea is genius

So say I want a console it play on my tv, I have to pay an extra $100+ for an optional features I don't need, yea genius. Either way, forcing expensive features on to your customer seemed to work well for the Xbone(kinect) and Wii U(Tablet) which is still £250 cause of it.

Wii was different the only thing forced was motion controls which is cheap and optional to a point considering you didn't need to buy 4 wii remotes.

I'd buy a wii U for £100 or Switch for £200 ish after that it's too rich just to play zelda/mario. As for 3rd party who cares most people have a PC or PS4/XBone where all my friends play.
By fonewear 2016-10-21 11:20:15
Link | Citer | R

I just want to know where I can find these attractive women that play video games at a rooftop party...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-21 11:21:39
Link | Citer | R

I've been to many parties in my life and not once has someone busted out a nintendo gaming console in the middle of the celebration...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-21 11:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Here's hoping this bad boy runs 4k docked... on TV. I imagine it will not and specs will be roughly the same as PS4 PRO, which will run 4k, Im thinking. Maybe NIN can prove me wrong but definitely might be buying this thing. Weather or not devs will even bother supporting such a device being it's choice to use cartridge over CD/DVD/BLU design is a whole other story all together.

You can keep on hoping but I don't see this thing running 4K on a TV.

When has Nintendo shown in the past that 3rd party devs are going to support them... I'll wait...
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-21 11:26:13
Link | Citer | R

NIN already said they are not trying to compete with sony/xbox with this. I assume This may be as powerful as an xbox one but nothing more than that.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-21 11:29:19
Link | Citer | R

The idea that people are going to run around the city hanging out with 30 something hipsters to play the Switch. I'll believe it when I see it.

The marketing team should be fired for that video. They are trying to do too much. Either be a console system or a mobile system. When you try to do both you will fail. Sure the die hard nintendo fans will buy this ***up. But the rest of the world sees this as a gimmick. Let me know when nintendo makes a console that is worth of the 300 dollar price tag.
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-21 11:36:09
Link | Citer | R

wii u gamepad was nice, but as an optional screen that you could toggle back and forth from the TV.
IE: Mario Maker, Zelda HH

it was NOT ok when forced to use it for clunky mechanics
IE: Starfox

I wouldnt mind Zelda not having the optional screen. we played OOT - MM - TP - SS - and all the oldschool zeldas with out one. while helpful yes, it not a must have.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 13:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Uh analog predates the dualshock even in the playstation line of controllers.
Yeah... Sony followed behind NIN releasing such alterations to thier own PS controller schemes based off of the N64 controller design. 1st it was w/o rumble w/ analog then w/ analog+rumble was = "Dualshock". Without NIN manufacturing console hardware there is zero to very little inovation being pioneered.
You could buy an NES now for basically what you you're asking for. Cheap gaming. PS4 + XB1 = $400. It's been a very long time since the days of "new" next gen $100~200 consoles.
Bismarck.Misao said: »
wii u gamepad was nice, but as an optional screen that you could toggle back and forth from the TV.
IE: Mario Maker, Zelda HH

it was NOT ok when forced to use it for clunky mechanics
IE: Starfox

I wouldnt mind Zelda not having the optional screen. we played OOT - MM - TP - SS - and all the oldschool zeldas with out one. while helpful yes, it not a must have.
Why go back though. NIN had the right idea to begin w/. Removing such functionality sucks imo.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 13:40:34
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Either be a console system or a mobile system. When you try to do both you will fail. Sure the die hard nintendo fans will buy this ***up. But the rest of the world sees this as a gimmick. Let me know when nintendo makes a console that is worth of the 300 dollar price tag.
The problem. Nintendo cannot compete against the mega giant consumer electronics manufacturer named Sony. Microsoft tries yet fails miserably. NIN doesnt manufacture nor sell TVs or PC software tools. They are on life support holding on by the 3DS sales alone. So trying to transform and merge console into portable gaming makes alot of sense for them to do such. Android gaming is a much bigger threat to NIN atm than Sony. As much as I hate the 3DS and wished that the PSP & Vita would have succeeded. NIN seems to be the only one capable of making portable console gaming a reality. Nobody will buy a Vita game that is also sold for PS4 over buying the PS4 version instead. Switch will allow you to have a portable + console gaming experience. Nobody else offers such. Not Sony. Not Microsoft. Not even PC.
[+]
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-21 13:44:21
Link | Citer | R

Nintendo hasn't pioneered anything since the N64. They have been behind ever since then.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 13:51:59
Link | Citer | R

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Nintendo hasn't pioneered anything since the N64. They have been behind ever since then.
You're talking hardware specs wise. PC > Console regardless. Nintendo specializes in manufacturing gaming. Original PS1 controllers were nice but nothing revolutionary. If Switch succeeds. The odds of Sony once again copying Nintendo are rather high.

Im really hoping Switch is a HUGE success. NIN has been bullied around by Sony for a good long time now. PS4 is a PS1 w/ increased CPU/GPU specs. Everything NIN brings out is aiming towards trying to innovate gaming itself. NIN failing and leaving console manufacturing behind would be a big loss and bad for everyone imo.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-21 14:07:12
Link | Citer | R

You're talking hardware specs wise. PC > Console regardless. Nintendo specializes in manufacturing gaming. Original PS1 controllers were nice but nothing revolutionary. If Switch succeeds. The odds of Sony once again copying Nintendo are rather high.

Also ya with all the "Great" pc games lately that don't work because Devs don't care to put time into a pirate system.

You forget that Sony already has remote play. On phones and Vita. Granted its not the same as having the game be able to run on the tablet itself instead of streaming. If the Vita was just a compact lower resolution (720/30fps) version of the ps4 that didnt require it to have separate development then it would of been far better.

Also What about those games cartridges. Games are easily 20-50GB now. and thats without dlc and expansions. Wonder how all that will work? I mean if the specs are accurate and it has 32Gigs of built in storage like a phone...I guess that means they don't want to go digital.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 14:20:39
Link | Citer | R

What Nintendont! Haha.
Also What about those games cartridges. Games are easily 20-50GB now. and thats without dlc and expansions. Wonder how all that will work? I mean if the specs are accurate and it has 32Gigs of built in storage like a phone...I guess that means they don't want to go digital.
Yeah... those answers could be vital >< *fingers crossed*
Im not into craptastic cellular gaming....
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-21 14:25:31
Link | Citer | R

didnt they say it has a SD memory port?
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-10-21 14:47:32
Link | Citer | R

Aye, they did mention SD port and I think in the video I recall seeing someone slide a card in.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-21 14:51:17
Link | Citer | R

so yeah that would cover all digital downloads and DLC much like a 3ds does
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-21 15:32:16
Link | Citer | R

so yeah that would cover all digital downloads and DLC much like a 3ds does

Well depends on what is supports I guess 64/128Gigs would be enough for dlc/add ons, But not enough for digital downloads..Unless they go back to using compressed audio.

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Aye, they did mention SD port and I think in the video I recall seeing someone slide a card in.

That was a game and not an SD card. No where in their video did they have an SD card.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-21 15:39:28
Link | Citer | R

other video did confirm SD card slot tho
By Ackeron 2016-10-21 15:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Nintendo has confirmed it will be compatible with SD cards.

If they follow the chain of thought from the New3DS it will be limitless on how big the SD card can be. Using a 32gig one for my 3DS right now.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8