Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » i no longer have a rank
i no longer have a rank
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-07-09 09:20:19
Link | Citer | R

It's actually a combination of things being broken that's caused all of this. I'm about 70% done with fixing it (and by fixing, I mean rewriting large parts of it from scratch).
[+]
By meinferno 2016-07-09 09:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Ty Rooks
 Quetzalcoatl.Texstaz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: TeXsTaZ
By Quetzalcoatl.Texstaz 2016-07-10 00:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Looks like a bunch of us lost rank :-( hope it gets fixed
 Asura.Queenforever
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Queenforever 2016-07-10 03:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Well i been playing on here awhile instead of yuna and now me ranking has vanished on both, i have logged onto yuna everyday and am queen contiously and i use windower guess i dont exist no more even though i do play lolz (/em taru panic dance) lol
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-10 11:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Bumb on demand.
 Quetzalcoatl.Texstaz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: TeXsTaZ
By Quetzalcoatl.Texstaz 2016-07-10 11:22:43
Link | Citer | R

THANK YOU
 Shiva.Carrelo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-10 21:33:42
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-10 21:50:54
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
It's actually a combination of things being broken that's caused all of this. I'm about 70% done with fixing it (and by fixing, I mean rewriting large parts of it from scratch).

Just kill the coding, was nice to see where we stand. I personally enjoyed it, thanks for having it for the time we did. I am sure we can all be grateful for all the other features on the site. I know I am.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-10 23:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Well i liked the other feature as well that came along with the rankings :D

Can totally understand if it gets dropped tho - Just wanted to know in the past if there is a solution - not pushing :D
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-12 00:33:48
Link | Citer | R

; ;
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-07-12 17:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Nope! Still rankless!
By Titanfoo 2016-07-12 18:10:47
Link | Citer | R

If it makes you feel better tons of people never were ranked, so your previous rank was never even close to accurate.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-14 13:29:41
Link | Citer | R

Is there any way to get a hold of the Guildwork developers? Guildwork has started dropping characters and when I went to configure mine it said that FFXI Linkshell Community was down. Since we kinda knew, for many months, that would happen, shouldn't there be some sort of update or at least notification on GW about that?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-14 15:03:39
Link | Citer | R

It's rooks based largely and he is still coding to fix it. Just hold on.
 Leviathan.Freebytes
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Freebytes 2016-07-15 22:07:09
Link | Citer | R

I would like to see Guildwork being the primary mechanism for gauging the achievements and to see the Linkshell Community Profile completely abandoned. I am not sure how easy it would be for people to 'cheat' the system by showing items they did not really get, but those people could be banned from the ranking if they were caught doing it. While the ranking is in no way an actual gauge of player skill or achievements, it is nice to gauge our progress in some way against our peers.

But, if the ranking must go, that is fine. I really like the layout and organization of the achievements, though, and I like looking through the lists of other players that are ranked by having a lot of REALM weapons.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-07-17 18:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Back from out of town! Huzzah.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Is there any way to get a hold of the Guildwork developers? Guildwork has started dropping characters and when I went to configure mine it said that FFXI Linkshell Community was down. Since we kinda knew, for many months, that would happen, shouldn't there be some sort of update or at least notification on GW about that?

I have access to the GW site code but not the plugin. GW is way way down on my list of priorities, but since I need to work on it in order to make AH work how I want it, it's about to get some love. It was dependent on the LSCOM in much the same fashion as AH has been, so all that needs to be extricated.

Leviathan.Freebytes said: »
I would like to see Guildwork being the primary mechanism for gauging the achievements and to see the Linkshell Community Profile completely abandoned. I am not sure how easy it would be for people to 'cheat' the system by showing items they did not really get, but those people could be banned from the ranking if they were caught doing it. While the ranking is in no way an actual gauge of player skill or achievements, it is nice to gauge our progress in some way against our peers.

But, if the ranking must go, that is fine. I really like the layout and organization of the achievements, though, and I like looking through the lists of other players that are ranked by having a lot of REALM weapons.

I have a new, cleaner, hopefully more relevant ranking system about 80% complete, but I need some GW changes to make it really work, so while I was sitting in airports/airplanes for 16 hours yesterday, I fixed the existing system and removed all of the LSCOM dependent code. It's been submitted to His Scraggness™ so hopefully it'll be deployed soon.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-17 18:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Thank you :D
 Phoenix.Erics
Serveur: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2016-07-17 19:43:26
Link | Citer | R

Still rankless but not thankless Keep up the good work rooks.
 Leviathan.Freebytes
By Leviathan.Freebytes 2016-07-19 20:36:02
Link | Citer | R

Great to hear, Rooks. Thank you for all your work. Please keep in mind that you should implement safeguards to prevent people from simply changing memory values to indicate they have specific items. I am not sure of the methods by which it operates, but there will always be people trying to manipulate and cheat the system.
 Leviathan.Freebytes
By Leviathan.Freebytes 2016-07-31 09:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Any update on the progress?
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-31 09:38:18
Link | Citer | R

I believe we're mainly waiting for Scragg to deploy some things, I'm not 100% sure this fix is in there but I assume is is.

Patches are usually deployed on Tuesdays but I don't actually know when this one will be.
By Upstartgoblin 2016-07-31 11:56:15
Link | Citer | R

How do I get my jobs and random stuff added now that LSC website no longer isn't a thing?
By Miang 2016-07-31 12:29:41
Link | Citer | R

You have to use the guildwork plugin to upload all your player data now. You link your FFXI character to your FFXIAH account, then you load the guildwork plugin and do //gw login {username} {password} where {username} and {password} are your FFXIAH account username and password. Once it says you're logged in you can do //gw flush to force it to upload your data to the website. This will also upload things like job points and 119 REMs etc.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-08-02 12:13:18
Link | Citer | R

hey I didn't want to start a new thread for it but I'm not sure if it's related. several AH purchases are not being posted on here, I noticed this yesterday when my stack of HMP sold but did not show on here but when I logged in to ffxi it showed it sold.
 Asura.Emdief
user: Naares
By Asura.Emdief 2016-08-14 05:24:33
Link | Citer | R

Any update on the issues with rankings and the re-coding from Rooks? Since we're in mid August I was wondering if they are still looking into this or if we should more reasonably wait till September/October, it seemed like they had a lot of stuff to fix and rewrite.
 Leviathan.Freebytes
By Leviathan.Freebytes 2016-09-06 09:51:53
Link | Citer | R

I agree with Emdief. We are not looking for an immediate solution. We simply want to be informed of progress from time to time.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-09-06 09:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Freebytes said: »
I agree with Emdief. We are not looking for an immediate solution. We simply want to be informed of progress from time to time.

As stated yesterday in the update thread:

Good news, bad news:

Bad news: Achievements don't work yet. I suck!

Good news: This patch showed me exactly why, and why I couldn't reproduce it locally, so I'll have a fix shortly.

Patch sent to His Scraggness™ that should address the last problem with ACH.

Goddamn LSCOM remnants

He hasn't deployed my latest changes yet, so nothing else I can do for now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Freebytes
By Leviathan.Freebytes 2016-09-07 22:28:18
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, Rooks!

Where is the update thread? (That way, we can simply look there and stop bothering you!)
 Caitsith.Ziglet
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Ziglet 2016-09-14 17:50:25
Link | Citer | R

Rankings are fixed, thanks Rooks!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-14 18:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Thank you Rooks!!