Come Back Or Not To Come Back!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Come back or not to come back!
Come back or not to come back!
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2016-05-25 22:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Been looking and thinking about coming back. At this point I will be lost with all the new stuff. How are things now?
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2016-05-25 22:16:22
Link | Citer | R

yes its worth it
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-05-25 22:48:38
Link | Citer | R

I actually only hit your profile to see if I could discern when~ you had quit, but I noticed your last four (edit: three) forum posts have been creating different threads, spread out over a couple years, asking if it was worth coming back.

Did you ever come back? lol.
By Titanfoo 2016-05-25 23:04:40
Link | Citer | R

is the game still awesome? yes
not much else to say really
[+]
By Draylo 2016-05-25 23:06:22
Link | Citer | R

FFXI 5 ever
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-05-25 23:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
I actually only hit your profile to see if I could discern when~ you had quit, but I noticed your last four (edit: three) forum posts have been creating different threads, spread out over a couple years, asking if it was worth coming back.

rofl
That's pretty hilarious. Why is it that some people are always looking for validation to come back. Just do whatever you want...
[+]
By protectorchrono 2016-05-26 00:04:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »

Why is it that some people are always looking for validation to come back.

They ask that because they themselves have problems deciding and need the opinon of others to decide if they should do it or not. That's the textbook answer.

My answer: They are just very indecisive. It's like deciding if you want to eat at McDonalds or Burger King. Both joints have great food, but that new Whopper is tempting, but McDonalds has my favorite $1 value meal...omg the decisions...
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-26 02:44:12
Link | Citer | R

You should have never left.
This is the best game ever.
You don't need anything else besides FFXI.
Endless things to do solo and with a group.
It is better than ever.
Come back. :3
[+]
 Asura.Tarquine
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-05-26 04:50:24
Link | Citer | R

protectorchrono said: »
My answer: They are just very indecisive. It's like deciding if you want to eat at McDonalds or Burger King. Both joints have great food, but that new Whopper is tempting, but McDonalds has my favorite $1 value meal...omg the decisions...

LMAO @ "both joints have great food"
[+]
 Asura.Deijixfx
user: Deijixfx
By Asura.Deijixfx 2016-05-26 05:06:10
Link | Citer | R

Its much easier to do stuff than it ever has been. Selecting the right server is half the fight. Find yourself some friends and then do stuff. Barely requires more tha 6 people to do anything so you can have alot of fun with small groups and achieve stuff. Escpecially if you know tarq :p
[+]
By protectorchrono 2016-05-26 13:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tarquine said: »
protectorchrono said: »

LMAO @ "both joints have great food"

Lol its kinda true! (imo) We need more Burger King nuggets commercials even tho the "king" looks really creepy...

Maybe I should have compared Taco Bell and KFC? :P
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2016-05-27 17:21:13
Link | Citer | R

I did and my account is still active. Having a life seems to push things like gaming aside. So now I just let one of my friends use it at a mule.
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2016-05-27 17:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Let me ask this a little more clearly. With a max play time of 10 hours a week. Is there a point in coming back? How much can I do ingame with limited time and or help?
By volkom 2016-05-27 17:53:32
Link | Citer | R

I returned to the game a few weeks ago. My play time is really like 2-3hrs a night. I'm super antisocial in game >_>
So I just grind merit/job points, farm dynamis, attempt ambuscade or the high tier bcnms. Or screw around with lockstyle. If I had more friends I'm sure I could do more unity/vagary/escha stuff if I wanted.

But with a few hours a week, can easily do missions and stuff. Just set targets on what you want to do and go do it. Game is fun, at least to me
[+]
 Asura.Extract
user: deezydabs
By Asura.Extract 2016-05-27 18:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Game is full of selfish players that wont help unless they benefit, at least in my experiences... people seem to always be doing their own thing now n days, a lot of stuff can be done alone though with trusty trusts
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-27 18:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Extract said: »
Game is full of selfish players that wont help unless they benefit, at least in my experiences... people seem to always be doing their own thing now n days, a lot of stuff can be done alone though with trusty trusts

It's not called selfish. I like to help people but how? My time is limited. It's a older crowd now. With family and work.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-05-27 18:38:20
Link | Citer | R

I kinda agree and disagree with you. Friends will help friends and people won't help random strangers they don't know. Which I mean I guess it is selfish to not help random strangers, but do you spend money on people you don't know at all irl? No? This is no different.

And don't take me literally, I help strangers all the time, but it's friends of friends. You can't really expect someone to go out of their way for you if they don't know you at all or you aren't related to someone they know.
 Asura.Extract
user: deezydabs
By Asura.Extract 2016-05-27 20:27:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Krystela said: »
I kinda agree and disagree with you. Friends will help friends and people won't help random strangers they don't know. Which I mean I guess it is selfish to not help random strangers, but do you spend money on people you don't know at all irl? No? This is no different.

And don't take me literally, I help strangers all the time, but it's friends of friends. You can't really expect someone to go out of their way for you if they don't know you at all or you aren't related to someone they know.

It's like this, I'll go out of my way to help someone I think is a friend in hopes they would do the same for me, but, when it comes time, I ask these so called friends for assistance they'll ignore me or say they're busy unless they get something out of it. Yeah, I don't expect them to just drop everything they're doing to come help but it's not even a "in a little bit". Thing that bothers me most is I'll come help a whole LS full of people get people gear all the that stuff I RARELY EVER ask for any type of help. Example: Got 2 people tons of abj and items give them advice take them on my levi runs I ask for simple favor to come build Azure lights for me while i was farming horns (which would take less than 5 minutes) and was just flat out ignored. Like Foreverj said ppl just dont have time to help others or are just selfish. Thats just how I see it idk seems to just be a thing for me to help ppl and get nothing back and doing this for 7 years kinda fkn annoyed with it
[+]
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-05-27 20:45:24
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I have never taken a break from this game since I have started back in 2011 (yes I'm Abyssea born). However unless you have a job that is useful and a job master at that it is not worth returning. As stated above most people are selfish. Even when you get into a good endgame LS you still wont be invited to things unless you meet their criteria. I have a mythic Red Mage and I never get invited into groups. I just recently decided to play my Scholar since its more used, however since I just started playing Scholar I am still not invited because I am not Job Master. On the other hand if you have hundreds of millions of gil and pay for merc's and gear and for someone to get you job master it might be fun. If you are someone who just wants to do story line missions and just socialize it might be fun. Don't expect to play endgame though.
[+]
 Asura.Azragesoj
By Asura.Azragesoj 2016-05-27 21:56:40
Link | Citer | R

I often help ppl I don't even know all the time. And I do go out of my way to help ppl I do know. Of course this is when I am free and able to play for a period of time.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-05-27 22:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Hi Pimpjuice
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2016-05-27 22:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Onvasquez said: »
Honestly I have never taken a break from this game since I have started back in 2011 (yes I'm Abyssea born). However unless you have a job that is useful and a job master at that it is not worth returning. As stated above most people are selfish. Even when you get into a good endgame LS you still wont be invited to things unless you meet their criteria. I have a mythic Red Mage and I never get invited into groups. I just recently decided to play my Scholar since its more used, however since I just started playing Scholar I am still not invited because I am not Job Master. On the other hand if you have hundreds of millions of gil and pay for merc's and gear and for someone to get you job master it might be fun. If you are someone who just wants to do story line missions and just socialize it might be fun. Don't expect to play endgame though.

Thank you, This was a helpful response. I guess I will log on and give it a try.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-05-27 22:38:14
Link | Citer | R

It's like this, I'll go out of my way to help someone I think is a friend in hopes they would do the same for me, but, when it comes time, I ask these so called friends for assistance they'll ignore me or say they're busy unless they get something out of it. Yeah, I don't expect them to just drop everything they're doing to come help but it's not even a "in a little bit". Thing that bothers me most is I'll come help a whole LS full of people get people gear all the that stuff I RARELY EVER ask for any type of help. Example: Got 2 people tons of abj and items give them advice take them on my levi runs I ask for simple favor to come build Azure lights for me while i was farming horns (which would take less than 5 minutes) and was just flat out ignored. Like Foreverj said ppl just dont have time to help others or are just selfish. Thats just how I see it idk seems to just be a thing for me to help ppl and get nothing back and doing this for 7 years kinda fkn annoyed with it
You aren't hanging with the right people, I swear not everyone is like that! I wish you find better friends, you are a cool guy.
By Verda 2016-05-27 23:01:22
Link | Citer | R

"Welcome to Final Fantasy XI
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They're living it up in Final Fantasy XI
What a nice surprise
Bring your alibis"

Mirrors on the ceiling, the pink champagne on ice
And she said, "We are all just prisoners here of our own device"
And in the master's chambers they gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Relax," said Square Enix, "We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-05-28 00:23:51
Link | Citer | R

One thing I'll say about this game now is that there is a lot more solo-friendly content than there was in, say, 2009. The trade off is that there are a lot less people playing it than back then, so it's much harder to penetrate any party-based content.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-05-28 00:44:17
Link | Citer | R

Most fun I have in game these days is getting forced name changes lol that and the occasional skjalf rejection damn parties fill up right when I come back from afk times
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-28 01:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Darkmorr said: »
Let me ask this a little more clearly. With a max play time of 10 hours a week. Is there a point in coming back? How much can I do ingame with limited time and or help?

I'd like to think that now is the best time for that lifestyle. It's easier now than ever to get game content done. That being said, not ALL content is easier to get done, just a lot of the main stuff. It's a lot easier to make RME weapons and there's even Aeonic weapons now. (Not sure how useful those are.) Do NOT expect to come back and have yourself caught up to date within weeks playing solo. If you have a nice group of friends, then you could be caught up within a month, though.

Storyline wise, just about every single mission is soloable with the right combination of Trusts so that should be no problem. Attaining top notch gear will be the hardest part.

Bahamut.Darkmorr said: »
I did and my account is still active. Having a life seems to push things like gaming aside. So now I just let one of my friends use it at a mule.

I think you should just login one day when you have a good at least half hour of free-time and see how it treats you. Almost always you still have more than a couple friends that are STILL playing and more than willing to help you get caught up. I can only imagine the nostalgia of coming back after a long break and reconnecting with friends and being flooded with memories. Good luck on whatever your decision might be!
By Afania 2016-05-28 02:05:17
Link | Citer | R

People are less likely to help because the game has more solo activity, and some of the best gears(HQ sets, AG weapons) came from gil farm which can be done solo quite easily. Therefore there are less incentive to help others not just because it's no longer a necessary investment, but also because solo and lowman activities occupied people's time.

There are ways to increase the chance to get a "yes" when ask for help though:

1) Ask in tell instead of ls chat when you ask for help.

2) Emphasis it's just 5 min quick help.

3) Ask when they're sitting in town bored, but not in middle of whatever they're doing. Try to avoid asking for help when campaigns are up, these kind of activity may keep people busy and less willing to help.

That being said, if you want to avoid being stressed because people aren't helping back I suggest to avoid invest too much time on others. A lot of times drama happens because someone offered help hoping to get some kind of benefit in the future "If I'm helping this person we will become friends and he will help me back". The problem is whoever got help doesn't view it this way, he may not know that you're expecting him to return the favor and he may not think you are a "friend".

In the end both sides are stressed because the expectations aren't clearly defined in the first place. Whoever are offering help invested time for nothing and whoever received help has a burden to return the favor or else they're being called selfish.

The best drama free way to get things done is still mercenary services. Majority of players despise it for whatever nostalgia reasons, but using it to get things done is still better than getting angry over an internet stranger and makes life so much happier.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-05-28 03:53:31
Link | Citer | R

Can't make friends? Do you have 13 to 26 dollars to spare? If so, make a few more accounts and play by yourself! Then some people might pop their heads up and notice you, then want to join up.
First Page 2