Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Graphic Error during Marjami Reives
Graphic Error during Marjami Reives
By nagokasylph 2016-01-28 11:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Hello all,

I have been having crashes for FFXI on both PoL vanilla and Windower 4 each time I engage the rocks for Marjami's reives. I can fight the mobs but as soon as a swing would hit my chat log or on screen my FFXI turns black for about two seconds then the display driver restarts and I can log back in. I can zone, multibox, farm CP but I can not complete reives in Marjami.

The only change since my last stable period of play was installing DC Universe for the wife. I am not computer savvy but I can tool around well enough. I have preformed a file check on PoL and FFXI, updated my drivers and verified my GPU temp is normal. Specs are included below. Any information would be appreciated before attempting a reinstall of FFXI.

Intel I7-5820K @ 3.30GHz
64 GB of RAM
Win 7 64 bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12G

*on a side note I keep getting a prompt to upgrade to Windows 10. Any information I should know to compare the OS's?
*edit* fixed random capitalization.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-01-28 11:49:46
Link | Citer | R

I don't have ANY experience with this zone or enemy but a couple generic troubleshooting questions.

You mention the only notable change was installing DC Universe. Have you tried uninstalling that and seeing if the issue is resolved? I am not familiar with that title, but I remember once installing an MMO that had its own anti-hack tool that ran in the background and screwed other games up.

Have you tried using an older version of the driver. I know that might sound wonky but sometimes with older games, newer drivers can actually muck things up. Maybe try one from before the problem started.
By nagokasylph 2016-01-28 12:33:05
Link | Citer | R

I will do some googlefu while at work tonight and see if DC Universe has anything like that. I'll also have to look into how to roll back the drivers. Ah well it will be something to do at break times. Thanks for the leads Grumpy Cat!
By dustinfoley 2016-01-28 12:43:28
Link | Citer | R

try doing a full file scan in play online, if the marjamie file is corrupted it will redownload it. Forgive me but i dont remember the steps you need to do to have PoL do a full scan.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-28 12:45:56
Link | Citer | R

Something about Marjami is just screwy.

When I do Marjami Delve (which, yeah, technically looks more like Yorcia, but I digress), I have a far, far higher instance of crashing than I do any other time. It's almost guaranteed that if my LS does a handful of runs I'll crash a time or two versus being stable in more or less the entire rest of the game (Reisenjima is actually a little suspect too, but not nearly as much as Marjami Delve.)
By nagokasylph 2016-01-28 22:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Logged in for kicks and giggles when I got home tonight. Managed to clear the first Reive with only Koru Trust out (hoping minimizing graphic effects would help) and successfully got through the reive, made it to the second reive on the path to getting the KI leather for the climbing quest and suffered the same crash. I was monitoring system temps and everything was fine. I managed to copy the error message this time. Something along the lines of Nvidia kernel mode driver version 361.43 has stopped working and has been restarted. My googlefu at work provided the insight that this is an existing NVIDIA driver issue but could also be a faulty graphics card. As this PC was built in October and still runs everything but FFXI fine I am leaning towards the driver side of things. It would seem that Grumpy Cat called it this afternoon. Ah well, off to learn something else computery for FFXI. C'est la vie.

dustinfoley said: »
try doing a full file scan in play online, if the marjamie file is corrupted it will redownload it. Forgive me but i dont remember the steps you need to do to have PoL do a full scan.

If I remember it right dustinfoley, to force a full file scan from PoL you just delete one of the dat folders from inside the FFXI install directory and it forces a file check. I saw the directions on one of the BG threads about how to update before the update button is ready during monthly FFXI updates.

Ramyrez said: »
Something about Marjami is just screwy.

When I do Marjami Delve (which, yeah, technically looks more like Yorcia, but I digress), I have a far, far higher instance of crashing than I do any other time. It's almost guaranteed that if my LS does a handful of runs I'll crash a time or two versus being stable in more or less the entire rest of the game (Reisenjima is actually a little suspect too, but not nearly as much as Marjami Delve.)

I agree Ramyrez. Marjami is the only zone that has given me trouble and only on this character. It's to bad my main already finished this quest.

*edit the first: finished a word.
*edit the second: placed edit information in correct location.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-28 23:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Rule of thumb is if it was working fine before and no longer working fine after a change, undo that change. Remove DC Universe or do a system restore to a day/time before the change.
By nagokasylph 2016-01-29 22:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Rollback of drivers to two weeks ago and i'm working flawlessly. Thank you everyone!
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-29 23:01:43
Link | Citer | R

nagokasylph said: »
Rollback of drivers to two weeks ago and i'm working flawlessly. Thank you everyone!
Good job!