VZW Price Increase On Grandfatered Unlimited Data

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » VZW Price Increase On Grandfatered Unlimited Data
VZW Price Increase On Grandfatered Unlimited Data

| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-10-08 21:25:05
Link | Citer | R

I gave up the ghost last year. Wasn't happy about it, but we had it over four lines on a family plan and the hoops we had to jump through were getting ridiculous.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2015-10-08 21:36:13
Link | Citer | R

I will never give up my unlimited data. There are some months I use 20+ gigs watching netflix/youtube/etc.
By Ramyrez 2015-10-08 21:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure they throttle the ***out of you after you hit 30G anyhow, funneling you to 3G only/etc.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-10-12 02:35:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Pretty sure they throttle the ***out of you after you hit 30G anyhow, funneling you to 3G only/etc.

on verizon only 3g gets "optimized" if there's a a large number of 3g users on the same tower. I have unlimited data and i use over 100gbs per month. I've hit speeds of 47mbps while past that 100gb.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-12 07:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Time to drop shitty Verizon and go with Sprint.

They're just as bad on their charges, but at least they offer new customers unlimited. Interestingly enough, I believe they just bought out Shentel, so they're expanding.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-10-12 08:22:03
Link | Citer | R

I don't even use 1gb a month.

Anything that requires quite a bit of bandwidth I simply use wi-fi.

About the only thing I use data for is Pandora while I'm in my car. Then again, I don't use any social media or play any games on my phone and I have auto-sync turned off. The games I do play, I use an emulator on my PC and simply log in to the Play Store from it.

More to the topic, I can see why they are doing it; but it doesn't make it any less shitty for those who are still on the unlimited plan.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-12 09:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Verizon is the worst of all carriers, so no surprise. It's a shame that they have the best coverage and speed in many places.

Jetackuu said: »
Time to drop shitty Verizon and go with Sprint.

They're just as bad on their charges, but at least they offer new customers unlimited. Interestingly enough, I believe they just bought out Shentel, so they're expanding.

Shentel already carried Sprint their towers as an affiliate, so I'm not sure how much expansion we'll see out of that.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-12 09:29:47
Link | Citer | R

With 6 devices we don't break 5gb per month. I was the last to have unlimited data, but gave it up last year because it was just getting too expensive
By Jetackuu 2015-10-12 09:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Shentel already carried Sprint their towers as an affiliate, so I'm not sure how much expansion we'll see out of that.
I meant more of as a company.

I'm more interested in their rollout of their dualcarrier aggregation, it has promise.

I'm also interested (personally) as to how it will affect both of their respective fiber markets, as at least in VA I know they had different areas, it will be interesting.