New Player

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » New player
New player
By taye 2015-08-21 13:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Hi everyone, im looking to joining the FFXIV world, just trying to figure out some of the better servers to join. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
By Voren 2015-09-01 07:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Considering it's been a week I'd assume you already joined. Wish I'd have seen this before, would have suggested Famfrit or any non-legacy.
By Yatenkou 2015-09-01 08:51:04
Link | Citer | R

to be honest and I'm not trying to sound like an ***, but I've seen some really nasty people on Sargatanas...
By Voren 2015-09-02 02:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Yatenkou said: »
to be honest and I'm not trying to sound like an ***, but I've seen some really nasty people on Sargatanas...

That's a legacy server for you. I was on Hyperion, forgot to reset home poine (I know, dumb move), and god forbid if I asked for a raise because I ventured into an area where I bit off more than I could chew. Yeah, the replies were less than cordial.
By Yatenkou 2015-09-02 11:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »

That's a legacy server for you. I was on Hyperion, forgot to reset home poine (I know, dumb move), and god forbid if I asked for a raise because I ventured into an area where I bit off more than I could chew. Yeah, the replies were less than cordial.

Yeah, happened to me once in Coerthas, had an astrologian about 5 feet away from me, and I asked them for a raise, they proceeded to talk down to me like I was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for losing a fight to a normal mob in a zone (I was fighting a Polar bear, then that yak fate popped up and I got swarmed and murdered) they never raised me, and I had to homepoint back to Ul'dah. I never set my homepoint anywhere but Ul'dah, I have the income to teleport wherever the hell I wish.
By Voren 2015-09-23 01:30:33
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »

Yeah, happened to me once in Coerthas, had an astrologian about 5 feet away from me, and I asked them for a raise, they proceeded to talk down to me like I was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for losing a fight to a normal mob in a zone (I was fighting a Polar bear, then that yak fate popped up and I got swarmed and murdered) they never raised me, and I had to homepoint back to Ul'dah. I never set my homepoint anywhere but Ul'dah, I have the income to teleport wherever the hell I wish.

I try to remember to set my HP to wherever I'm spending a good chunk of time, or at least set up one of the half cost points. This is something I miss from 11 is the camaraderie, having that WHM that is passing through throw a random cure or protect just because they can.

It's less frequent that I run into a douchebag on Famfrit, it happens occasionally, but for every one on Famfrit there's about 100 on Hyperion.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [146 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Knala
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2016-02-15 18:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Hmm... only thing about dying in 14 is it doesnt really have much weight behind it, unless you are damn near broke and teleporting back to the location will break the bank 99% of the time its easier and faster to home point and teleport back.

What i mean to say is unlike 11 its easy to get around so dying isnt as progress resetting in terms of getting around like in 11, additionally there is no exp penalty either.

That said when possible i try to raise people but they often just home point anyways so meh.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [383 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-04 10:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Hmm I think it's almost time. I have lot of questions about 14. PM me if anyone out there is prepared to answer my questions :0!