Masamune 119?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Masamune 119?
Masamune 119?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-24 16:26:41
Link | Citer | R

Assuming AM3 on both weapons, koga is at least 8% ahead not counting skillchains as of pre-alluvion gear, and I can't imagine it's changed much.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Serveur: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-04-24 16:28:47
Link | Citer | R

lhova said: »
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
there could be players still considering getting it because for whatever reason they enjoy that weapon more or maybe their progress on it currently makes it better

If that's the situation and you want it, then just *** make it.

You're talking to a Death Penalty owner. There's nothing wrong with putting the effort into a weapon as long as it's something you want. If it enriches your gaming experience, do it.

But don't go digging for justification in numbers and parses if you're just going to get upset when people tell you what's up because it's practically common knowledge. What you're looking for isn't to "broaden your information base". You're look for justifications or anecdotal evidence to back up a desirable conclusion.

No I'm not and I never said I was going to make a 119 Masa. I have no interest in it and that wasn't the point. Can you read or better yet can you comprehend? I never disputed that Koga was better than Masa. I asked if anyone that owned one could share their opinion. I never said that spreadsheets were terrible or false, I said that I don't believe they give 100% of the story. I also asked "how much better" was a Koga over a Masa, which should be a fair question to those who use a spreadsheet.

So I don't know what your issue is or how based on what I said you could tell me I was looking for justification to make anything. So just relax bro...
The only thing that was ever good about masa was fudo. Now that it is unlocked to any gkt it has no worth in the gkt comparison. It loses to tsum even outside ionis zones on real level content.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-24 16:32:56
Link | Citer | R

Koga and Masa are about the same price; at least on Odin they are. Would highly recommend just making a Koga. The first time you look at mythic requirements they may seem intimidating, but it really isn't. It's under an hour of work a day.

Really, the only use I get out of my 119 Masamune anymore are the old Unity fights that die in under 30 seconds.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-24 16:34:24
Link | Citer | R

which should be a fair question

It's a fair question, but it's ultimately trumped by the fact that Masamune is an inferior weapon that costs more (possibly MUCH more, and that's assuming you can even _find_ sufficient quantity of HMP/Riftcinder, which is a big assumption).

Make an 80 Masamune for lockstyle if you like the look (weirdo), but precisely no one should be building a 119 for serious use*.

* = the usual caveat for I just wanted it, okay, which is completely legit
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 16:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
No, masamune is not worth taking to a 119 unless it's already 99.

In which case taking it to 119 will cost you pennies anyhow, soooo.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 16:48:30
Link | Citer | R

there could be players still considering getting it because for whatever reason they enjoy that weapon more or maybe their progress on it currently makes it better

If that's the situation and you want it, then just *** make it.

You're talking to a Death Penalty owner. There's nothing wrong with putting the effort into a weapon as long as it's something you want. If it enriches your gaming experience, do it.

But don't go digging for justification in numbers and parses if you're just going to get upset when people tell you what's up because it's practically common knowledge. What you're looking for isn't to "broaden your information base". You're look for justifications or anecdotal evidence to back up a desirable conclusion.

No I'm not and I never said I was going to make a 119 Masa. I have no interest in it and that wasn't the point. Can you read or better yet can you comprehend? I never disputed that Koga was better than Masa. I asked if anyone that owned one could share their opinion. I never said that spreadsheets were terrible or false, I said that I don't believe they give 100% of the story. I also asked "how much better" was a Koga over a Masa, which should be a fair question to those who use a spreadsheet.

So I don't know what your issue is or how based on what I said you could tell me I was looking for justification to make anything. So just relax bro...

Okay, well, in this case, you're talking to someone who has been a career samurai and corsair for over a decade, can be said to be "pretty *** good" at both if not "the utmost elite" (I simply don't have the time to be as such these days, though I used to be), and had the time and money to make it and didn't because it simply wasn't worthwhile. And I know people who have it.

As for why I did DP over Koga, well, because when you've been playing this game non-stop since NA release sometimes you just decide style points are worth more than a few more DPS. ^^;
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 16:49:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Koga and Masa are about the same price; at least on Odin they are. Would highly recommend just making a Koga. The first time you look at mythic requirements they may seem intimidating, but it really isn't. It's under an hour of work a day.

Really, the only use I get out of my 119 Masamune anymore are the old Unity fights that die in under 30 seconds.

And there you go. The weighted opinion of someone who has it. Who is telling you exactly what we did.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 16:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
* = the usual caveat for I just wanted it, okay, which is completely legit

I will never understand why people won't understand this concept. A 119 Empy or Mythic is a lot of work (119 Relic -used- to be...grumble...). If you love a job and want the weapon, make it. But don't dig for justification because you'll probably come up disappointed.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-04-24 17:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Koga and Masa are about the same price; at least on Odin they are.

As far as I can tell from current prices on Odin, taking Masamune from 90 to 99 would cost around 315 mil (being conservative, 130k per hmp and 2 mil per riftcinder). Kogarasumaru would cost 210 mil (again being conservative, 7k per alexandrite). That's quite a significant difference.

Main reason my Masamune is 119, is that I already took it to 99 before Delve and ilvl. I was gone for 5 months, came back and it was the cheapest one to upgrade compared to Amano. Started gearing my sam and working on Kogarasumaru after that, and pretty much never used Masamune again.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-24 17:17:46
Link | Citer | R

If you love a job and want the weapon, make it.
Pretty much. Of the 6 mythics I own, the only one I regret making (Ryunohige) is the one I made only because it was supposed to be really good for the job, but I actually didn't, and still don't particularly care about DRG. I've used it maybe 5 times since making it a year ago; would rather have a Nagi or something since I actually play NIN, even if it doesn't come close to the improvement for NIN that Ryunohige does for DRG.

Odin.Tamoa said: »
As far as I can tell from current prices on Odin, taking Masamune from 90 to 99 would cost around 315 mil (being conservative, 130k per hmp and 2 mil per riftcinder). Kogarasumaru would cost 210 mil (again being conservative, 7k per alexandrite). That's quite a significant difference.
Derp. I flubbed the Riftcinder price.
[+]
By lhova 2015-04-24 17:32:05
Link | Citer | R

SE really really screwed over Emp owners. I made a 119 Ukon but haven't used it in over a year. WS accessible to all for "cheap" and even if you do 119 the EMp its not even the second (and in some cases the 3rd) best option. That's ridiculous. I guess it truly is Mythic of GTFO.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 18:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Frankly SE screwed Ukon and Vere way back when it nerfed Ukko's and Victory Smite, then subsequently boosted everything but left them gimp compared to other ws'es. Masa just got shafted b/c Fudo became available to all; those weapons got shafted because the weaponskills are barely worth using even WITH the weapons.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rabies
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-04-24 19:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Reiden said: »
One of my ls members has Masa 119 and he gets sad when i beat him with Tsuru in Delve.

Who else in WW has 119 Masa? I know we've only done Sam v Sam Tojil once and I came in 2nd after Arth :)

Anyone who gets sad over parse needs to get a life and go outside, best looking wep in game if you want something make it don't need anyones permission I've beaten plenty of Koga SAMs with Masa granted I "cheat" using Gearswap. Actually made someone rage quit to FFXIV becuase I beat him twice in a row. Got shafted with Empy WS unlock for every wep, and again with lockstyle finally but still great wep. People might say Tsu beats it but I've yet to see it unless full fail support that don't know how to haste and debuff properly.

In todays day and age, everyone should have a REM for their main jobs, regardless of what it is.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-24 20:35:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Rabies said: »
Cerberus.Reiden said: »
One of my ls members has Masa 119 and he gets sad when i beat him with Tsuru in Delve.

Who else in WW has 119 Masa? I know we've only done Sam v Sam Tojil once and I came in 2nd after Arth :)

Anyone who gets sad over parse needs to get a life and go outside, best looking wep in game if you want something make it don't need anyones permission I've beaten plenty of Koga SAMs with Masa granted I "cheat" using Gearswap. Actually made someone rage quit to FFXIV becuase I beat him twice in a row. Got shafted with Empy WS unlock for every wep, and again with lockstyle finally but still great wep. People might say Tsu beats it but I've yet to see it unless full fail support that don't know how to haste and debuff properly.

In todays day and age, everyone should have a REM for their main jobs, regardless of what it is.

Reiden do I need to log back in and put your DPS in their place again?

BLU OWNAGE! Yes I put screenshots on WW Website, showing 60% BLu vs 40% SAM >_>

Ah those days where fun
By zizek 2015-04-24 23:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Materdark said: »
best weapon hand down in game because it was used by Sephiroth in final fantasy 7 :P

If you have the gill to burn and want the achievement to be the top rated player in the server GET IT!

this is obviously the real answer
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-04-25 07:22:30
Link | Citer | R

To sum it up;

Masamune falls behind Kogarasumaru, and also Tsurumaru and Amanomurakumo in some scenarios.

Taking Masamune from 90 to 99 costs 100mil more (give or take) than 30000 alexandrites for a Kogarasumaru. It can also take a long time, depending on the hmp/riftcinder supply on your server.

Is it worth the effort? Only if you really really want one, in which case it doesn't matter (or shouldn't matter) what others think and what the spreadsheets say.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [761 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Saprykin
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Saprykin 2017-05-25 09:36:20
Link | Citer | R

How is Masamune now? 2 years later?
 Asura.Xenomorph