Dev team discuss about FFXI post november update
First Page 2
By Pantafernando 2015-04-01 21:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Shocking news from dev team:

[+]
By Draylo 2015-04-01 21:15:45
Link | Citer | R

You people are mentally ill, please find help.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-01 21:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
NO! That was funny!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 21:19:05
Link | Citer | R

I was sorta looking forward to the dunes being the last place that devours the world too...
 Shiva.Popoie
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nigletaru
By Shiva.Popoie 2015-04-01 21:19:41
Link | Citer | R

you just made me look like an *** in my linkshell because i had no idea what day it was
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 21:20:33
Link | Citer | R

It's like 4:20am over here, so it's definitely not April 1st in Japan anymore. A little late.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-04-01 21:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Meh, made me excited for some mega wildkeeper

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Sephiran
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2015-04-01 22:16:03
Link | Citer | R

*** you to whoever made this. Also, fail job at emulating Matsui's speech and Camate's translations. Neither speaker uses diction that implies the status of Square Enix as a whole or stylistically employs metaphors to such great extents. Also, the typos that don't resemble those of a crude Japanese to English translation are a dead giveaway.

Anna Ruthven said: »
NO! That was funny!

Also, it's sad to see the forum moderator not only tolerate, but engage in this ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-01 22:24:10
Link | Citer | R

Someone's a sourpuss without a sense of humor.

After reading the original mock up, it got me thinking... The only "proper" way to send XI off would be some uber boss, to keep tradition up with how they had the towns under attack in CB so long ago with special bosses. In her final twilight, who would Altana realistically send to beat down the last bastion of adventurers so everyone is forced to go on with their lives finally? Maybe Odin, since he's been the cop-out big bad for everything after they got rid of the Zilarts?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-01 22:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Sephiran said: »
*** you to whoever made this. Also, fail job at emulating Matsui's speech and Camate's translations. Neither speaker uses diction that implies the status of Square Enix as a whole or stylistically employs metaphors to such great extents. Also, the typos that don't resemble those of a crude Japanese to English translation are a dead giveaway.

NO! That was funny!

Also, it's sad to see the forum moderator not only tolerate, but engage in this ***.
Welcome to the internet, I assume this is your first time, sadly you picked a bad day to try this new-fangled do-hickey out as today is April Fools day and jokes are going to be pretty common.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-04-01 22:35:29
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2015-04-01 22:35:42
Link | Citer | R

NO! That was funny!

Welcome to the internet, I assume this is your first time, sadly you picked a bad day to try this new-fangled do-hickey out as today is April Fools day and jokes are going to be pretty common.

And you are a moderator, and this is no day off for you.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-01 22:39:30
Link | Citer | R

NO! That was funny!

And you are a moderator, and this is no day off for you.
April Fools is not against the rules, there is a fine line between celebrating April Fools day and actually trolling.

If you don't like the thread, you aren't obligated to post or participate in it. I do not need to be reminded of my role here, part of which is to preserve the fun of the forums, even if that may mean defending a once-a-year prank.
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2015-04-01 22:48:48
Link | Citer | R

Okay that was hilarious!
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-04-01 23:11:47
Link | Citer | R

So are we getting updates past November?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-04-01 23:12:08
Link | Citer | R

unfortunelly
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2015-04-01 23:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
So are we getting updates past November?
We are getting minor version updates with regards to bug fixes and balance adjustments (source, which appears to have been slightly altered since initial post).

Also, this was given as an explicit example.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-04-02 01:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Say whatever you will about my opinion or your perception of my lack of a sense of humor, as you are entitled to do so, but as someone that personally HATES trolls, trolling, April Fools, and pranks in general, I'm going to side with Sephiran on this one. It all stems from the fact that I have a deeply seated and very strong hatred for people that get their jollies out of causing others torment, pain, or distress. Truthfully, hate isn't even a strong enough word to convey how I actually feel about this. Also, I've actually had arguments with LS mates about my feelings towards trolling. I believe people that enjoy trolling others and those that find pranks against others funny are *** douchebag *** that are a waste of human protoplasm. Seriously, what is it about schadenfreude that makes you people happy?

Apparently, unlike many others out there that play this, I have a lot of emotion tied into the years I have been on this game. This was my first and will be my last MMO. The friends I have made in all this time and the countless hours I've spent with them will forever mean something to me. This entire scenario of the game ending the way they are ending it has been a real thorn in my side, and this prank started to become a choke up moment until I realized what it actually was.

TLDR version - This games means a lot to me, I *** hate trolls, I wish April Fools didn't exist, and wish I could eternally curse the family of the person that created it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-04-02 02:03:39
Link | Citer | R

For all the hurt feelings this has caused so far, I wish it was actually a better April's Fool prank. I read it for about 10 seconds and immediately went to see other comments hoping nobody fell for it.

Seems my hopes were dashed very quickly in that regard.

Maybe to lighten the mood, how's about we share the April's Fools jokes that we all actually found funny? I'll start:

http://kotaku.com/when-japan-gets-april-fools-day-so-right-1694970543

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/mar/31/april-fools-roundup-daigo-retires-fighting-games-become-accountant-tekken-x-lord-vermilion-announced/

Had a few chuckles with these ones and I hope others do too =D
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-04-02 02:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
Say whatever you will about my opinion or your perception of my lack of a sense of humor, as you are entitled to do so, but as someone that personally HATES trolls, trolling, April Fools, and pranks in general, I'm going to side with Sephiran on this one. It all stems from the fact that I have a deeply seated and very strong hatred for people that get their jollies out of causing others torment, pain, or distress. Truthfully, hate isn't even a strong enough to convey how I actually feel about this. Also, I've actually had arguments with LS mates about my feelings towards trolling.

Apparently, unlike many others out there that play this, I have a lot of emotion tied into the years I have been on this game. This was my first and will be my last MMO. The friends I have made in all this time and the countless hours I've spent with them will forever mean something to me. This entire scenario of the game ending the way they are ending it has been a real thorn in my side, and this prank started to become a choke up moment until I realized what it actually was.

TLDR version - This games means a lot to me, I *** hate trolls, I wish April Fools didn't exist, and wish I could eternally curse the family of the person that created it.

The whole point of this particular joke was exactly that. Joke with the feelings you just mentioned. I opened the thread past midnight, so I forgot about April 1st. But reading it and then discovering it was a travesty made it funny. I think that is the point you're missing here.

Take it in good sports. Just this time, ok ? :)
By Pantafernando 2015-04-02 04:18:09
Link | Citer | R

leo said: »
Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
Say whatever you will about my opinion or your perception of my lack of a sense of humor, as you are entitled to do so, but as someone that personally HATES trolls, trolling, April Fools, and pranks in general, I'm going to side with Sephiran on this one. It all stems from the fact that I have a deeply seated and very strong hatred for people that get their jollies out of causing others torment, pain, or distress. Truthfully, hate isn't even a strong enough to convey how I actually feel about this. Also, I've actually had arguments with LS mates about my feelings towards trolling.

The whole point of this particular joke was exactly that. Joke with the feelings you just mentioned. I opened the thread past midnight, so I forgot about April 1st. But reading it and then discovering it was a travesty made it funny. I think that is the point you're missing here.

Take it in good sports. Just this time, ok ? :)

Ah, legal. Agora sou um travesti...
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-04-02 04:30:00
Link | Citer | R

Since this has already been taken off the rails with peoples' reactions to the obvious prank...

Why is it people want their MMOs to ultimately end in the game world's destruction and our character's inescapable demise in battle? Am I strange to prefer happy or at least open endings to my stories? Why so bleak my peeps?
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-04-02 05:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Since this has already been taken off the rails with peoples' reactions to the obvious prank...

Why is it people want their MMOs to ultimately end in the game world's destruction and our character's inescapable demise in battle? Am I strange to prefer happy or at least open endings to my stories? Why so bleak my peeps?

I think it is because people enjoy conflict...and the grander and the more inescapable a tragic/unavoidable fate, the better (in this regard.) :p The "And all nations of Vanadiel lived Happily Ever After!" ending with quick CS scenes of smiling prepubescent girl-queens surrounded by their loving families probably isn't as exciting (to some) as the notion of a great virtual End of Days/Extinction Level Event, as if we were all ultra-powerful but ultimately helpless dinosaurs witnessing something beyond our understanding or ability to cope. ^^;;

For all the build up to the Bahamut/Meteor event in FFXIV 1.23, leading up to ARR, people all stood about at the very end of the game...cheering and counting down to the server(s) finale. :p Everyone wanted so badly to have that big huge Ball-of-Mud MEE-TEE-ORR to fall right on top of our heads...which it actually did, later...um, in a CS. ^^

But in "reality" (as it were) all that happened was SE pulled the plug. :p At D-hour, the world just suddenly went black (and we were all booted from the servers)...which I suppose wasn't entirely inaccurate for what would have happened. But I think in the end, even that kind of sudden abrupt "Sopranos Ending" was more appealing to most players than a happy-happy Chocobo-and-Moogle-and-Goblin-and-Tonberry-dancing ending. ^^
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-02 05:54:22
Link | Citer | R

Actually I think it's cause when they quit they want the game to quit with them, so to speak. Some people just go full Kuja at times.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-04-02 06:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Actually I think it's cause when they quit they want the game to quit with them, so to speak. Some people just go full Kuja at times.

I considered the whole "burned bridge" angle (i.e. the game world vanishes so no excuse/temptation to ever go back) but ultimately I still think many gamers would like the "go out with a Bang instead of a Whimper" type conclusion, especially when the more likely conclusion is a game with a skeleton support crew, meager population, and no content hobbles along amiably until it is finally taken off of life-support.

Ah well.

But on a side-note, I do predict the final scenario-reward to be a freebie level 90 REM weapon. :p
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-04-02 06:40:51
Link | Citer | R

I wish this were true. I'd rather them just set an end date and make something cool out of it than let players slowly drift away. I've never personally played FFXIV, but the ending to version one was great. I still enjoy playing FFXI, and intend to play at least thru November. But, FFXI isn't fun without friends, and friend groups have already been decimated over the years, as soon as the rest start dropping, I probably will too. I'd rather have the game be shot, than wither away.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-02 06:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget there's people who might still have long term projects. Imagine some guy getting the game shutdown when he's at 29k alex. Some intense rage would ensue.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Don't forget there's people who might still have long term projects. Imagine some guy getting the game shutdown when he's at 29k alex. Some intense rage would ensue.

Like the 75 relic meltdown ! If it were me I would have shut the game down on April 1 give it a week and start it back up again.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-02 07:42:33
Link | Citer | R

Since April Fools day is done, I'm going to unmain this.
First Page 2