Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Crevox
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-01 15:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Never had to wait very long to enter Ambuscade or Salvage. Always 1 or 2 pages at most.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-10-01 15:43:55
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kiyara said: »
A suggested fix for Ambuscade would be to make multiple zones. They have Mhaura so far. They should make Selbina a 2nd location for an Ambuscade area/queue. Just a thought. Most I've waited was 20 min in a line and that's only during JP prime time. On the NA hour, it's always dead.

And what would this solve exactly? Maquette is designed to hold X groups (X = whatever number SE designated to instances for Ambuscade in that zone). Adding Selbina as a queue line wont make Maquette hold X*2 groups.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-10-01 15:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Diavos said: »
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Outdated info? Ambuscade is outdated info? Even before then Promathia was outdated info? Sylph last night started having roughly 10min waits with only 400ish people online a handful of parties actually in Mhaura. Yet Asura with it's 1k+ pop never has this problem? Rofl. I do thank you for the laugh though.

"Asurans complain about being 40-50+ places behind in the Ambuscade queue" is outdated/exaggerated info. Go ahead and find me one player on Asura today that can back that statement up. Those type of complaints came from all servers, not just Asura, back before the dev team made changes to the entry process. I was on Cerberus with a grand total of 50 people online after a maintenance one night and had more trouble entering there than I did at any point after transferring to Asura. Context is everything.

Quit buying into the foolish notion that everyone on Asura experiences long waits to enter Ambuscade, HTBFs and Salvage. It honestly does sound like you're having a harder time entering on Sylph than I do here on Asura when 1,400+ are online - did about half a dozen runs last night and never waited more than a couple of minutes. As Vienner and Ladyofhonor pointed out, it just doesn't happen unless you're rushing it the first couple of days after an update. Feel free and ask other Asura players to chime in if you think we're conspiring to mislead you.

Seems like last month you loathed this fact. "Well, I personally far preferred Adoulin JSE cape farming to Ambuscade cape farming for the simple fact that it was open world content that could be done in a number of different zones. I loathe the idea of funneling the entire server into a town with a small number of available battlfields" from yourself on the official forums.

Why would you loathe this idea if you aren't having problems entering? This is ignoring the other asuran players complaining in that thread.

Here is more from you. "That's what Ambuscade does in its ideal. They just needed to cut down the congestion issue."

So I'm confused. You clearly contradict yourself in the 5s it took me just to find previous things you have said.
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-01 16:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Seems like last month you loathed this fact. "Well, I personally far preferred Adoulin JSE cape farming to Ambuscade cape farming for the simple fact that it was open world content that could be done in a number of different zones. I loathe the idea of funneling the entire server into a town with a small number of available battlfields" from yourself on the official forums.

Why would you loathe this idea if you aren't having problems entering? This is ignoring the other asuran players complaining in that thread.

Here is more from you. "That's what Ambuscade does in its ideal. They just needed to cut down the congestion issue."

So I'm confused. You clearly contradict yourself in the 5s it took me just to find previous things you have said.

Again, context is everything. The reasons why I loathe it has little to do with the topic at hand, which is the accessibility, or lack thereof, of Ambuscade. It's piss poor game design that was, in their defense, patched to improve entry. That doesn't mean I don't still hate it, but that's a topic for another thread.

I'm not fabricating lies here. As I said, feel free to ask others what Ambu entry is like on Asura. Don't take my word for it.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-10-01 16:41:30
Link | Citer | R

I literally just quoted you complaining about congestion. It's all I needed. Have a good day.
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-01 17:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Your argument is that you would rather stay on a quiet server like Sylph that has 400 accounts online, where you have to deal with 10 min wait times to get into Ambuscade, because you heard the queues are 40-50+ people deep on Asura.

My argument is that you're dealing with outdated/exaggerated information that simply does not apply today because I wait a couple of minutes to enter Ambu when 1,400+ accounts are online. Several others here have made similar remarks. No one from Asura has backed up your claim nor will they be capable of doing so short of an organized campaign with 50+ players using that as its intent - Ambuscade conga line, anyone?

Proof is in the pudding.

Anyone else want to use Ambuscade wait times on Asura as a reason against server merges? I didn't think so. :P
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-10-01 17:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Sept Ambuscade has been out for over 3 weeks and most of the playerbase has farmed up their quota for the month and are waiting for the changeover. You're not really proving anything right now.
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-01 17:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Sept Ambuscade has been out for over 3 weeks and most of the playerbase has farmed up their quota for the month and are waiting for the changeover. You're not really proving anything right now.

I'm just making straight comparisons, Nynja. This isn't about whether or not Ambuscade suffers from congestion because it clearly does, even on servers as quiet as Sylph, apparently.

If someone's going to avoid server transferring to Asura or argue against server merges that's fine, no one's holding a gun to your head, but don't cry foul when you get called out for using false claims. You're no worse off on a server with 1,500 online accounts as you are on one with 400, unless you absolutely must have that new Ambu gear the first couple of days after the update.
By Afania 2016-10-01 18:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I remember multiple complaints from Asurans about being 40-50+ places behind in the Ambuscade queue. The longest I've ever had to wait on Sylph is 8. I'd much rather take the accessibility over the population.

Yeah, well, I remember when I had to pay some chocobo stable attendant 1,500 gil to ride a feathery beast across several zones before having to let it go and haul it the rest of the way on foot to the BCNM... without any movement speed gear... and then having to join an XP party to earn back the thousands of XP I lost with that one death...

Point is, I keep seeing people bring up similar worries based on outdated and/or exaggerated info. It doesn't happen - I've never had to wait behind as many as 8 people/parties on Asura - and if it did SE would be forced to address the congestion seeing as how it's their cash cow. FFXI's subscription numbers would look far worse right now without it, so don't worry, that god forsaken Ambuscade will remain accessible no matter what.

Outdated info? Ambuscade is outdated info? Even before then Promathia was outdated info? Sylph last night started having roughly 10min waits with only 400ish people online a handful of parties actually in Mhaura. Yet Asura with it's 1k+ pop never has this problem? Rofl. I do thank you for the laugh though.

Just want to chime in and point out the wait time doesn't multiply by itself, it doesn't work that way. You may think 10 min wait time with 400 people on Sylph means you would need to wait 30 min with 1200 people on Asura. But most people simply choose to wait for a few days if wait time > 10 min.

My server has 400 people and occasionally there's 10-15 min wait time on first few days. If pt has to wait for more than 5 min we simply disband and do something else then come back next day. In the end it's not possible to stack wait time higher than 10 min because people always have the choice to wait for a few days when they see wait time too high.

Personally, I think the benefit of bigger server greatly outweight the benefit of smaller server. Most of the people who prefer smaller server and play FFXI competitively are player with 1-3 mules and their friends playing with 1-3 mules, and often play with same small groups of friends. The result is that the remaining player that's outside of competent groups are waaaaayyy behind due to the lack of information.

If weighting the pros and cons as an entire FFXI community, the community will probably be more healthy with higher population than 400. While 400 ppl per server doesn't really gain much in terms of Ambuscade wait time. 10+ min wait still happens on small servers, after all.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-10-01 19:01:13
Link | Citer | R

I never said that is how it works.
By Zubis 2016-10-01 19:02:55
Link | Citer | R

I played on Asura the first weekend after the patch a few weeks ago in both peak JP and NA time, and the absolute longest wait I had was 15 minutes.

If you want to be anti-social and stick to a dead server, sure by all means. It's not worth arguing about really.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-10-02 14:33:18
Link | Citer | R

I'm just making straight comparisons, Nynja. This isn't about whether or not Ambuscade suffers from congestion because it clearly does, even on servers as quiet as Sylph, apparently.

You're not though. You posted a picture showing there being 0 wait list for Ambuscade 3 1/2 weeks into this months Ambuscade, when most of the playerbase has had their fill and are waiting for Oct 11. On Carby, there are 30 people in Mhaura (probably all AFK and never bothered to change their home point) and 3 people (2 groups) in Legion zone, which very well could be for actual Legion and not Ambuscade.

Show a screenshot of no wait lines on Oct 12, or even better, Saturday Oct 15, if you want to try and make your point.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-10-02 15:36:10
Link | Citer | R

Zubis said: »
I played on Asura the first weekend after the patch a few weeks ago in both peak JP and NA time, and the absolute longest wait I had was 15 minutes.

If you want to be anti-social and stick to a dead server, sure by all means. It's not worth arguing about really.

Yes it is. Asura is by far the the most populated server. When the new sets come out there will be 30 minute wait times easy on that server, especially in JP prime Friday and Saturday night. I 100% agree with Afania on this one, you want a mid or small size server to do ambuscade. The waiting time is a huge factor to the HM Gallantry earned per hour ratio. Just like Afania said, if I have to wait 15 or more myself it's not worth my time, which is your most valuable asset. If you find yourself only doing 1 or 2 runs an hour because of the wait you are absolutely doing it wrong. A good group should be able to do 5 to 6 runs easy an hour.
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-02 16:56:42
Link | Citer | R

You're not though. You posted a picture showing there being 0 wait list for Ambuscade 3 1/2 weeks into this months Ambuscade, when most of the playerbase has had their fill and are waiting for Oct 11. On Carby, there are 30 people in Mhaura (probably all AFK and never bothered to change their home point) and 3 people (2 groups) in Legion zone, which very well could be for actual Legion and not Ambuscade.

Show a screenshot of no wait lines on Oct 12, or even better, Saturday Oct 15, if you want to try and make your point.

This had absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Ambu on Asura is crowded the day of an update as it had already been mentioned, the comparison was between Drav's statement that he had to wait 10 mins to enter Ambu on Sylph Friday night with 400 accounts online and myself entering after only a couple of minutes on Saturday afternoon with almost three times as many people on Asura. His implication was clear, that the situation on Asura has to be much worse because the population is so much higher, and it was proven wrong. Open and shut case.

If securing the newest Ambuscade gear the first few days after an update is that important to you then stay as far away from Asura as possible. I don't personally give a rat's *** if I get that gear on day 1 or day 30, or if I even want the full sets at all in some cases, so I don't lose any sleep if I have to wait a few days for the congestion to settle down and I sure as hell don't spend my time farming Ambu for currency.

The idea that smaller populations/servers is the way to go in 2016 is unfortunate to me. The large scale worlds were this game's biggest draw and that's gone the way of the dinosaur not because "people will quit no matter what" but because we stopped caring about social interaction and just want our ***ASAP, which in many of our cases means "GTFO of my way so I can spam Ambuscade all month cause there sure isn't much else I'm interested in doing here anymore." Just poor game design, funneling an entire MMORPG's population into 9 isolated rooms.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-10-02 17:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Completely and utterly false. Stop trying to save face by taking things out of context. The POINT of my comment was that you are absolutely and utterly full of ***. Stop being so obtuse. If Sylph has a problem sometimes, with even just a 400 pop. There is NO WAY IN HELL Asura never has problems. I even quoted you contradicting your own statements and QQing on the official forums about congestion problems. How is this still even being argued or even worth the time I don't know? Maybe I just don't like little shits making up crap about me.

Keep dodging everyone though when they ask for SS during peak hours not a month after the content came out (even then though it doesn't matter, because finding time with no queue != never not having a problem.) It's just simple math and logical reasoning.
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-02 18:29:38
Link | Citer | R

You appear to be projecting as I'm not dodging anything. I challenged you to find anyone that can back up Oraen's claim and I'm still waiting. Others have chimed in to show you the situation on Asura isn't as dire as some of you believe, not even close.

Not to sound insulting here, but this isn't exactly a debate on business ethics, morality or whether you think Super Mario really looks 24 years old.
By Kodaijin 2016-10-02 18:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Dravidian, Diavos is making logical arguments and providing evidence to prove that the larger population on Asura has little to no negative effect on ambuscade wait times, or any other wait times for that matter vs the wait times on smaller servers. The wait times suck no matter what server your on day 1 or 2 after an update. His argument is that people who are bored on low pop servers should transfer to higher pop servers to improve their gaming experience without worrying that the higher population will negatively effect gameplay.
On the official forums, he was complaining about ambuscade in general because lets face it, its kind of a crappy event.

stop getting all defensive and insulting people who are actually trying to encourage people and help to improve their gaming experience.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-03 01:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Zubis said: »
Confirming this, been like this for the past few months honestly, to say the least.
By McDavid 2016-10-03 03:22:53
Link | Citer | R

BLU = 2004 RNG NERF!
By Capsules 2016-10-03 03:58:52
Link | Citer | R

iirc there are only a certain amount of instances accessible at a time. So wouldn't going to a higher population server = better gil/hour ratio than a smaller one? Sounds like the reason you had to wait 10mins to get into ambuscades is because new player parties or people soloing were clogging your servers wait time. More people(Experienced and well geared) doing it = fast kills = less wait time for others trying to enter. More solo/low man parties people doing it because everyone is AFK or only 400 ppl online = slower kills = longer wait times (to include trying to form the Party). But if 200 out of those 400 are afk then prolly still won't be any wait times for you. But the fact is on Asura the wait times can get high the first 1~4 days after update and last 3~4 days before points reset, but even so those rarely will exceed 10mins. Once you let the elitist pass through, cause they gotta have the new stuff ASAP, wait time barely ever makes it past 3mins if that. Also to further add since Asura has more people = better chances you can get into a Book 1 VD party, but even if not doing book 2 after those rush periods above is still plenty of time to farm HM/Gal if you;re trying to do it as a money option. In my opinion more people doing it = faster you can farm = faster you can be done with it. I don't see a lower population server having that advantage cause you also have to include time forming the party, or finding replacements. So I can see that might take many many minutes as where on Asura takes seconds or only a few minutes to fill/replace members.
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-03 04:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Capsules said: »
iirc there are only a certain amount of instances accessible at a time. So wouldn't going to a higher population server = better gil/hour ratio than a smaller one? Sounds like the reason you had to wait 10mins to get into ambuscades is because new player parties or people soloing were clogging your servers wait time. More people(Experienced and well geared) doing it = fast kills = less wait time for others trying to enter. More solo/low man parties people doing it because everyone is AFK or only 400 ppl online = slower kills = longer wait times (to include trying to form the Party). But if 200 out of those 400 are afk then prolly still won't be any wait times for you. But the fact is on Asura the wait times can get high the first 1~4 days after update and last 3~4 days before points reset, but even so those rarely will exceed 10mins. Once you let the elitist pass through, cause they gotta have the new stuff ASAP, wait time barely ever makes it past 3mins if that. Also to further add since Asura has more people = better chances you can get into a Book 1 VD party, but even if not doing book 2 after those rush periods above is still plenty of time to farm HM/Gal if you;re trying to do it as a money option. In my opinion more people doing it = faster you can farm = faster you can be done with it. I don't see a lower population server having that advantage cause you also have to include time forming the party, or finding replacements. So I can see that might take many many minutes as where on Asura takes seconds or only a few minutes to fill/replace members.

Well, keep in mind that multi boxers are a LOT more common on smaller servers, since none multi boxers that has to rely on shout or bigger LS all left for Asura. Most people saying no to server merge are multi boxers. There are no real "wait time" when you only need 1 to 2 real player to get a full pt.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-10-03 15:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Well, keep in mind that multi boxers are a LOT more common on smaller servers, since none multi boxers that has to rely on shout or bigger LS all left for Asura. Most people saying no to server merge are multi boxers. There are no real "wait time" when you only need 1 to 2 real player to get a full pt.
Can confirm this part:
My LS has 4 humans and 13 characters, as well as a couple other humans who log in from time to time.
 Siren.Kiyara
Serveur: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-10-04 04:34:20
Link | Citer | R

The fact people should be obligated to change servers just to find "active" people to play with indicates there is a problem with the servers. This is why we need merges. Why have several dead servers and only a few lively ones? Why even have the dead servers then? Only reason I could think is just so SE has an excuse to make people pay for server transfers for an extra buck or 2.

Personally, I hate shouting for PUGs on any content for hours on end just to get 0 to maybe 1 or 2 responses. It's utterly pathetic. The only stuff that even seems to fill up decently is Ambuscade which is good for the first week or 2 then it's back to deadsville.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-04 22:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Enjoy.

Quote:
Just in time for the next Voidwatch campaign, we'll be making an adjustment to good ol' Ardrick down in Jugner Forest which will allow you to purchase 99 displacers at once. Happy hunting!
[+]
 Siren.Kiyara
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-10-05 01:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Just moved over to Asura and yeah the game is bustling with life here. Was around 1000 players during US prime time. Siren at max gets maybe 350 tops. Nice to see so many active people but still the issue remains with the servers. They really need to do something about the dying/low populated ones. They are just withering away to nothing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-10-05 03:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Does it not occur to you that some people might actually prefer the low population servers? Did you not consider that they have their circle of friends and enjoy not having competition for events they want to do?

btw, to this guy:
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Man it really does suck buying stuff from a better stocked AH and actually having people around to buy stuff that I am selling.

But hey, I have to wait 3 more minutes to do an event that sucks.
Sure, you have 2-3x more people buying the stuff you're selling, there are also 2-3x more people selling what you're probably selling.

It evens out.
[+]
By Chyula 2016-10-05 03:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Enjoy.

Quote:
Just in time for the next Voidwatch campaign, we'll be making an adjustment to good ol' Ardrick down in Jugner Forest which will allow you to purchase 99 displacers at once. Happy hunting!

And everyone was expecting an adjustment to HMP. lmao.
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-10-05 03:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Does it not occur to you that some people might actually prefer the low population servers? Did you not consider that they have their circle of friends and enjoy not having competition for events they want to do?

btw, to this guy:
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Man it really does suck buying stuff from a better stocked AH and actually having people around to buy stuff that I am selling.

But hey, I have to wait 3 more minutes to do an event that sucks.
Sure, you have 2-3x more people buying the stuff you're selling, there are also 2-3x more people selling what you're probably selling.

It evens out.

You may not be from my server but I agree with you

* fist bumps from across servers*
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-05 05:55:02
Link | Citer | R

You can have both on larger servers.

It evens out.

That's a rather myopic view of market conditions, but I digress.

If congestion was somehow eliminated would your stance on larger server sizes change?
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 201 202 203