Link | Citer | R

bc that would make sense
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-28 10:40:21
Link | Citer | R

benitez said: »
Why do they always end the campaigns at month end, but not start them up for the next month till 10+ days later? Would it be game breaking to have the campaigns run for a full month? The first 10 days of a calendar month are so boring with no campaign compelling you to do some content.

OH LAWHDIES, THE GAME IS TOO BORING TO PLAY THE WAY DESIGNED!!!1 MORE SHINES!!!1!!

Please, this attitude is so prevalent these days and makes getting a CP party outside of campaigns impossible. With all the free CP bonuses from reive kills, content completion, rings, and gifts, you can still CP very effectively outside of campaigns.

And you can even do other content that is never affected by campaigns- Sinister Reign, Salvage, Dynamis (unless you count the time bonus), Aeonic progression, Omen... really, if you need the game on ultra easy mode instead of regular easy mode, why are you paying for it? A shiny chat room? It really is ok if something takes a few months.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-28 11:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Why do they always end the campaigns at month end, but not start them up for the next month till 10+ days later? Would it be game breaking to have the campaigns run for a full month? The first 10 days of a calendar month are so boring with no campaign compelling you to do some content.
Maybe they want you to take a break at the beginning of a month!
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-03-28 11:12:37
Link | Citer | R

But next month will have Dynamis campaign, where everyone can go farm Arch Angry Mango for their very own Mervi Bangles
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-03-28 13:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Chyula said: »
Vijara said: »
Quote:
Those that follow Freshly-picked Vana’diel will remember that we’re bringing back some old foes to Intense Ambuscades. We took a careful look at players’ reactions and have decided to bring the Gigas back for round two. Many of you are familiar with how to tackle these foes, so help out your friends who may be seeing them for the first time!

Of course, old content with the same rewards isn’t terribly appealing, so this time we’ve decided to breathe a little bit of life into them. Spoils you can look forward to include new materials to reforge existing equipment to stronger versions. These materials are not exclusive to this month’s Ambuscade rotation, so there’s no need for those of you who might not have as much time to dedicate this month to rush.

I wonder if this means ambuscade gear will be upgradable or more additions to our capes...

Who the *** voted for Gigas instead of the lovely Frog, I don't understand logic anymore.

They specifically said during the stream that they would add gravity resistance to the frog, lol.

That would be gross. The only way I was clearing VD Frog without gravity was by burning Mighty Strikes every fight. Resetting it with a revitalizer in Abyssea sorta made set up take longer.

Even then I died maybe 25% of the time >_<
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-28 13:24:09
Link | Citer | R

The Gigas one was actually very easy too, although hopefully the GEO nerf won't make these too much harder.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-28 13:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Chyula said: »
Vijara said: »
Quote:
Those that follow Freshly-picked Vana’diel will remember that we’re bringing back some old foes to Intense Ambuscades. We took a careful look at players’ reactions and have decided to bring the Gigas back for round two. Many of you are familiar with how to tackle these foes, so help out your friends who may be seeing them for the first time!

Of course, old content with the same rewards isn’t terribly appealing, so this time we’ve decided to breathe a little bit of life into them. Spoils you can look forward to include new materials to reforge existing equipment to stronger versions. These materials are not exclusive to this month’s Ambuscade rotation, so there’s no need for those of you who might not have as much time to dedicate this month to rush.

I wonder if this means ambuscade gear will be upgradable or more additions to our capes...

Who the *** voted for Gigas instead of the lovely Frog, I don't understand logic anymore.

They specifically said during the stream that they would add gravity resistance to the frog, lol.

That would be gross. The only way I was clearing VD Frog without gravity was by burning Mighty Strikes every fight. Resetting it with a revitalizer in Abyssea sorta made set up take longer.

Even then I died maybe 25% of the time >_<
Frog has been one of the few volume 1 VDs I could tribox. Set for max defense on autos and eat those hammers.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-28 13:52:08
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
The Gigas one was actually very easy too, although hopefully the GEO nerf won't make these too much harder.
Melee setups were still ~5 min clears on Gigas. Should be even simpler with the BRD buffs.

Might've preferred the Orcs myself. Could BLU burn them with Entomb spam since they had lowish HP and the petrify effect would land, but that was with Languor, so GEO nerfs would probably hurt that one.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-28 17:35:16
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »

Nah it's the "On Sale" effect. A store could say "reduce prices by 25%" and people would be happy but then think "I can buy it at some later date". Instead they put a "Limited Time Offer / While Supplies Last" and suddenly the person feels like they have to take advantage of that sale or risk "losing out". By putting those time limits it makes the player base feel like they "need" to do something instead of putting it off. They always time these such that you can't really unsubscribe without missing out on something.

Bit of marketing psychology there, really sneaky.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-28 18:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Nah it's the "On Sale" effect. A store could say "reduce prices by 25%" and people would be happy but then think "I can buy it at some later date". Instead they put a "Limited Time Offer / While Supplies Last" and suddenly the person feels like they have to take advantage of that sale or risk "losing out". By putting those time limits it makes the player base feel like they "need" to do something instead of putting it off. They always time these such that you can't really unsubscribe without missing out on something.

I'm not sure it really qualifies as sneaky since so many companies do it.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-28 19:29:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Well I was really joking but the on sale effect still works 24/7 if you rotate what is on sale. Or in this case what campaigns are being had. I get stuff from Safeway every week telling me about the stuff that is on sale just that week or in some cases only that Friday. $5 Fridays ftw
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-03-28 19:45:17
Link | Citer | R

So how or where did the Dev team get their feedback for the Gigas mobs for Ambuscade? I don't recall seeing any of that on the english side of the forums unless I missed it. Or was it when the jps voted for it and we were left in the dark?

That aside, looking forward to doing gigas again :p
By clearlyamule 2017-03-28 20:18:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
So how or where did the Dev team get their feedback for the Gigas mobs for Ambuscade? I don't recall seeing any of that on the english side of the forums unless I missed it. Or was it when the jps voted for it and we were left in the dark?

That aside, looking forward to doing gigas again :p
From what I remember looking at the jp posts about this which were like a week or 2 ago just jp. In fact I don't think it was even in the jp dev until decided and I think they mentioned it came from Nico

edit: Ok in our translation of the freshly pick it says
SE said:
During the show, we asked the viewers which monster they would like to face off against. The survey showed lots of votes for Gigas type monsters, so we’ll bring them in April

And jp side says similar thing but specifies in the nico nico live surveys. So basically you had to be watching the freshly picked as it was airing on Nico Nico and voice opinion there
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-03-28 21:55:22
Link | Citer | R

So basically mostly jps from there then on the survey? figures
By clearlyamule 2017-03-28 22:00:05
Link | Citer | R

It's a Japanese sharing site so yeah. And even if not unless you can understand spoken jp gl. iirc they often air at what is ungodly hours for NA
By Pantafernando 2017-03-29 04:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

I'd like to share additional information concerning the forthcoming Ambuscade update that Matsui touched on.

Starting from the next version update, players will be able to store upgraded high-quality gear with the Porter Moogle!

Players will be able to use both Hallmarks and Gallantry when reforging existing equipment.

The usual Tarutaru will be handling the new upgrades. You'll be upgrading the gear by turning in the material and equipment at the same time!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-03-29 04:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Greetings,

First off, we would like to apologize regarding the lack of communication regarding the Warding Dial campaign announcement error. When issues like these arise, we will normally provide a notice regarding the problem, but as was pointed out, it was missed during our operational procedure.

We'll be reviewing our internal flows to make sure these issues don't happen again, and to also be sure we provide follow-ups as soon as we become aware of any issues.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-03-29 08:45:52
Link | Citer | R

I swear if its anything like make the capes I will riot![/quote]
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-03-29 08:50:08
Link | Citer | R

JPONRY JPONRY JPONRY rinse/repeat
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-03-29 08:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
I swear if its anything like make the capes I will riot!
Get your riot gear ready, cause that's exactly what it looks like lol.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-29 10:24:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clinpachi said: »
Asura.Topace said: »
I swear if its anything like make the capes I will riot!
Get your riot gear ready, cause that's exactly what it looks like lol.
Maybe not. If it's going to be storable it's either not augmented or is single path and their whole reasoning on one at a time is what if you do the wrong path
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-03-29 10:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hello, everyone!

I'd like to share additional information concerning the forthcoming Ambuscade update that Matsui touched on.

Starting from the next version update, players will be able to store upgraded high-quality gear with the Porter Moogle!

Players will be able to use both Hallmarks and Gallantry when reforging existing equipment.

The usual Tarutaru will be handling the new upgrades. You'll be upgrading the gear by turning in the material and equipment at the same time!

Granted it is still anyone's guess, but from the language used it sounds to me like Ambuscade gear is just going from NQ -> +1 and +1 -> +2.
Now, even if this is an accurate guess... Will the improvements be as little as what we've seen when upgrading Unity items? Or will it be a full on reforge?

Either way, I don't think it will resemble Ambuscade Capes or the process for augmenting Ambuscade Capes.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-29 11:47:11
Link | Citer | R

I mean, they literally said it was a reforging process rather than an augmentation process and that you'll be able to store the results, so I don't think looking at their actual language makes one naive.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-29 12:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Chriscoffey said: »
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Hello, everyone!

Granted it is still anyone's guess, but from the language used it sounds to me like Ambuscade gear is just going from NQ -> +1 and +1 -> +2.
Now, even if this is an accurate guess... Will the improvements be as little as what we've seen when upgrading Unity items? Or will it be a full on reforge?

Either way, I don't think it will resemble Ambuscade Capes or the process for augmenting Ambuscade Capes.
You must be a newer player because you give SE far too much credit. Expect the worst possible and then be happy if it isn't what you expected.
Honestly invent aside I'd actually prefer them removing the rare tag and allowing multiple choices or just import all the possible augments from capes to armor. But making it storable alone means that isn't the case.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-03-29 13:40:41
Link | Citer | R

It will be interesting to see what we ultimately get.

The only augmented gear that we can currently store with the Porter Moogles are Relic +2. I assume this has something to do with the same spaghetti-code reason that SE had to AG all RMEA to get it away from the Magian process.
If the upgrades to Ambuscade gear are along these lines, each piece will just get some small trait added. Or maybe a set bonus.

If the change just involves going from +1 to +2, each piece will just become slightly better at what they already do.

And if this is some kind of a true reforge, then the purpose of each piece could be radically changed.
This option makes the least sense to me since I would expect them to just release a new set of reskinned armor for this purpose.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-03-29 13:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Sulevia +2: Now featuring 1% extra Haste with the whole set
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-29 13:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
It will be interesting to see what we ultimately get.

The only augmented gear that we can currently store with the Porter Moogles are Relic +2. I assume this has something to do with the same spaghetti-code reason that SE had to AG all RMEA to get it away from the Magian process.
It has to do with same reason you can't send auged geared they say can't store extra data when not in an invents so the can't differentiate between different augs or just auged vs not. Believe that's also the reason why they gave for why the non auged relic+2 isn't storable.
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-03-29 14:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
I mean, they literally said it was a reforging process rather than an augmentation process and that you'll be able to store the results, so I don't think looking at their actual language makes one naive.
they also said you can augment reisenjima NMs with Dark Matter, so don't assume the language localization is perfect either.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-03-29 15:51:07
Link | Citer | R

At least, in that case, we know what they meant.

On the flip side, imagine if we *could* augment Reisenjima NMs with dark matter... I, personally, would love to swap out the boosted stats the NMs currently have with CHR, Pet Acc/Attk and Enmity -3. Or my personal favorite, that I really did receive from Oseem on the melee path for Herc Body... Str 7, R.Acc 38, R.Attk 34, Ta 4
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 201 202 203