Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 175 176 177
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2016-12-29 23:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Onca would be used for an Urmhallu solo for the stun resist only.
[+]
By Xilk 2016-12-30 10:40:15
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Minifas said: »
I'm getting a error while trying to load the lua file to use its saying there is a error in the mote file or something any help would be great

Like Xilk mentioned, we'd need more information to assist you (assuming you haven't already resolved the issue).

Xilk said: »
... Onca suit only prevents leg gear correct? not hands and feet? cuz the stats are really incredible for alot of things.

Unfortunately... it occupies all 4 of those gear slots. :[

We can still make it an honorable mention if you think it's worthwhile.

naw, it would be incredible if it were only 2 slots, but not 4.
text wasn't so clear
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-30 14:41:46
Link | Citer | R

for the magic ready set in OP, why is the Argochampsa mantle: pet atk/mab+12 listed over the ambuscade cape which can have Pet: Magic Accuracy and pet Magic Damage +20 with an additional one of them a +10
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-12-30 14:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
for the magic ready set in OP, why is the Argochampsa mantle: pet atk/mab+12 listed over the ambuscade cape which can have Pet: Magic Accuracy and pet Magic Damage +20 with an additional one of them a +10

Magic Damage is a decent stat, but if dealing max damage is your goal then Argochampsa Mantle is the winner.

Quote:
My results on Wild Rabbits in Eastern Ronfaure on Windsday:
With only Artio's equipped (Pet:Magic Damage+30) - 1728 damage Fireball
With only Argochampsa equipped (Pet: "MAB"+12) - 1894 damage Fireball

With full Pet:MAB equipment & Artio's Mantle - 8338 damage Fireball
With full Pet:MAB equipment & Argochampsa Mantle - 8509 damage Fireball

They're close, but I see Argochampsa still being superior when you don't need the Pet:M.Acc on Artio's.

--
Unrelated, but this guy pointed out that Recoil Dive was incorrectly listed as Slashing damage on the first page - it's actually Blunt. So if anyone is looking for a high attack blunt option (that isn't the Sheep w/Rage) then give the Fish a whirl.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-03 17:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Question for Falkirk and others:

Are you using Cloudsplitter to hit 30k WS objective in Omen (with GEO bubbles)? Other WS? Are you doing it on BST at all?

My half-*** set is capping at 16k w/o Idris at 3000 TP. Seems like a long way to go to 30k.

Edit: And how much should I expect base damage of weapon to factor into this? Should I just suck it up and throw a Kumbha on main hand?
By Xilk 2017-01-06 13:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Question for Falkirk and others:

Are you using Cloudsplitter to hit 30k WS objective in Omen (with GEO bubbles)? Other WS? Are you doing it on BST at all?

My half-*** set is capping at 16k w/o Idris at 3000 TP. Seems like a long way to go to 30k.

Edit: And how much should I expect base damage of weapon to factor into this? Should I just suck it up and throw a Kumbha on main hand?

Magical Weaponskill damage is not affected by weapon damage. so upgrading Aymur from 155 base damange to 195 base damage will not affect magical weaponskill damage.
It will make a big improvement in physical weaponskill damage.

Oh, and I"m not hitting 30k ws's on bst main at all.
By kishr 2017-01-09 01:56:56
Link | Citer | R

updated my post on page 43 at the top of the page,
explains elements and SC translations.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-17 10:25:19
Link | Citer | R

What is the ranking tier for BST Axe WS on high-end content these days? Is a Mistral Axe build best now?
By Xilk 2017-01-19 18:43:56
Link | Citer | R

I think if you get to the HIGHEST content, the magical WS's will win out.

However, Mistral Axe appears the strongest under most circumstances.

Best to get a DPS spreadsheet and update it extensively to get a real comparison
 Bismarck.Nobbeh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nobbynobs
By Bismarck.Nobbeh 2017-01-20 12:00:29
Link | Citer | R

Hello all. I'm an old, 2002-era BST (my first 75, took me until 2005). I quit a few months after SoA's release and just came back this month. Since then, I've gone over the BG Returning Player's guide, reunited with old friends from Seraph, and slowly been catching up.

I know this is asking a lot, but if someone could please help me figure out what my goals are (specifically for gear), I would greatly, tremendously appreciate it. My friends have helped me grab various pieces of gear from all over the endgame map, and I'm finding myself overwhelmed and needing more direct guidance.

MH: Skullrender R15 Type C
OH: Arktoi R15 Type A
Other Axes: Astolfo x2, extra Skullrender (no aug)
Head: Taliah, Valorous (no aug), Bison Warbonnet, Anwig
Neck: Empath
Ear: Hija, Sabong
Body: Taliah, Mirke
Hands: Taliah +1, Totemic, Ankusa, Valorous (no aug)
Ring: Thurundaut, Varar
Back: Artio's (working on aug)
Waist: Klousklap
Legs: Taliah, Valorous (no aug)
Feet: Taliah +1, Totemic, Akusa

So main questions:
(1) What are the key equipment pieces I'm missing & what do I prioritize?
(2)Can I safely ignore any of the AF, Relic, Empy armor upgrades? What is my priority with upgrading these?

Thank you for any help!
By geigei 2017-01-20 13:32:29
Link | Citer | R

There is no piercing pet? anyone using bst on vol.1?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-20 14:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Without writing a book about it, if you want to get back to being serious about BST you will want to look into Acro/Taeon gear and then Valorous gear. Skirmish stones are harder to get these days, but as a returning player, Rala U sash runs would be both a good source of money as well as a source of base gear, something to consider.

Personally, I don't think the Tali(+1) set should be used at all except for maximum ACC/MACC sets and legs+1 for Pet DT-. That said, it's great stopgap gear so it is good that you have it.

You will want all upgraded AF (except maybe head) to 119 eventually as your goal will be to upgrade the pieces via Omen if serious about BST. I believe you also want Ankusa trousers. Empy hands / head are musts as well as legs if you do not have Tali +1 legs.

Having a PDT-11% Astolfo is great. You should aim for Izizoeski, multiple Khumbakaran, eventually multiple Digiridsjfsfjsf(sp), etc.

--

In short - if you are serious about BST, go to the first post in this thread and make every pet-related set there as close to what you see as possible. If you are serious about ONLY playing BST, also make the melee sets and edge-case sets. Not all of them are practical (15 STR 30 ATT 15 ACC 3 DA on every piece of Valorous is prohibitively rare) but getting close will still get you great gear (8 STR 28 ATT 10 ACC or something like that would be a typical keeper stopgap).
[+]
 Bismarck.Nobbeh
By Bismarck.Nobbeh 2017-01-20 16:51:07
Link | Citer | R

Thank you so, so much for this. Exactly what I needed. BST is my main job, really always kinda has been. So from what I gather, this is what I need to focus on:

*Acquiring Arco/Taeon gear, then Valorous - look into Rala(U) Sash runs

*Continue aiming for all 119 AF, Relic, Empy armor

*Obtain Izizoeski, Khumbakaran, Digirbalag - multiples of the last two

*Obtain other missing misc. pieces of gear found in the pet gear sets
 Asura.Bitesized
Serveur: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2017-01-20 16:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Arco augmenting is expensive and painfully random. My advice, is if you are on a budget, is to skip that set and aim for the Valorous later. I spent a couple mil augmenting and got absolute garbage augments. Of course, you can spend 2 mil and get exactly what you want as well.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-20 19:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nobbeh said: »
Thank you so, so much for this. Exactly what I needed. BST is my main job, really always kinda has been. So from what I gather, this is what I need to focus on:

*Acquiring Arco/Taeon gear, then Valorous - look into Rala(U) Sash runs

*Continue aiming for all 119 AF, Relic, Empy armor

*Obtain Izizoeski, Khumbakaran, Digirbalag - multiples of the last two

*Obtain other missing misc. pieces of gear found in the pet gear sets

Exactly. As noted above, Acro is expensive to augment, as is Taeon, however I still love my Acro DT-4 hands / feet for pet engaged set and wouldn't trade them for the world. Also call beast- on Acro pieces, also also Taeon gets Triple Attack augments and Valorous doesn't if you're looking that far down the line. Also, also, also it is prohibitively hard to get MAB + WSD on Valorous in good amounts with any consistency whereas it is expensive but more reliable to get them on Taeon (for Cloudsplitter, as an example).

To be honest, it might be better to go back after completing Valorous gear to fill in the niche Acro and Taeon gear as needed. Some things like Call Beast- and TP bonus on Khumbas are great and worth the effort though.

Depending on your play situation (solo vs. friends to help you and let you leech) it may be in your best interest to focus on a magic accuracy set while doing your Pet DT- set first so that you are able to CP effectively. I'd be shocked if the old acuex camps were still used these days when there are Apex mobs and Reisen camps so it would be an ideal choice for an up and coming BST to learn at.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nobbeh
By Bismarck.Nobbeh 2017-01-21 13:09:49
Link | Citer | R

This type of support from BST community is sole reason I was able to get BST to 75. Thanks Sath for your helpful responses!

I have a much better understanding of which armor sets to aim for. I'm going to focus on finishing Valorous, then chase those more pricey arco and taeon pieces/augments. For now, I have found getting the 109's of all AF, Relic, Empy keeping me plenty busy, in addition to further CP'ing (at around 900 now).

This makes it much easier to wrap my ahead around the game. Thank you, thank you, thank you :D
[+]
By Xilk 2017-01-24 10:31:37
Link | Citer | R

Bst is a very powerful xp/cp job

you probably doing well, since you are up to 900 already, but if you haven't seen it yet, figure out how to AoE kill w/ bst pets.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-26 12:23:52
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone here used BST to tank Schah? Looking into it as I don't have PUP. I've been stubborn and refused to level PUP for tanking stuff but I might be caving soon as I'm literally the only pet job person in the LS.

Concern is that using HQ snapweed as a tank on Schah will be great defensively, but could lose hate to PLD holding adds using sentinel and other actions such as self cure as snappy would be generating near ~0 enmity.

I am considering BST/PLD and using sentinel -> rampart -> flash -> snarl periodically but it is hard to gauge the possible efficacy of a strategy like this in an actual fight without just trying it and risking a massive wipe.

Edit:

Very delayed reply to Falkirk because it took us a while to work out kinks. RNGx2 (AG annihilator each) + BST using decoy shot on me and me snarling onto pet and also using only Coronach is an effective strategy on both midbosses and caturae for Omen. themoreyouknow.jpg
By clearlyamule 2017-01-26 12:55:47
Link | Citer | R

For pure defensiveness crabby probably better assuming you can keep bubble curtain up. But like you mentioned might be difficult to make work because of hate and partly cause the extra danger you incur to keep it alive.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-26 12:58:50
Link | Citer | R

I can't remember and am not online to test, but is the reward range reduction applied to dawn mulsums as well or are those a viable 20' yalm option?

The extra damage is a problem, but re: bubble curtain, DT-% will be capped on snapweed for all of the caturae magic TP moves and wind / thunder / dark nukes. It isn't as reliable as crab but comes with an extra ~500 HP and innate MDB bonus as well. I'd say they will be reasonable comparable defensively.
By Xilk 2017-01-26 14:39:56
Link | Citer | R

but is the reward range reduction applied to dawn mulsums as well or are those a viable 20' yalm option?
There is no range restriction on Dawn mulsum.

The range restriction is only on the job abilities. Dawn Mulsums use not JA.
its just an item. the limiting factors are in inventory space and budget.
By Panthur 2017-01-26 15:50:50
Link | Citer | R

I have had both reward and sic moves tell me that I am "too far away" sooo many times while standing ON/inside my deaf and blind HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pet. I mean, c'mon, wtf? LOL. Even my irl dog understands hand and vocal signs 100% better than my bst pets and he is a waaaay more stubborn ***.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-26 16:05:17
Link | Citer | R

I can't remember and am not online to test, but is the reward range reduction applied to dawn mulsums as well or are those a viable 20' yalm option?

The extra damage is a problem, but re: bubble curtain, DT-% will be capped on snapweed for all of the caturae magic TP moves and wind / thunder / dark nukes. It isn't as reliable as crab but comes with an extra ~500 HP and innate MDB bonus as well. I'd say they will be reasonable comparable defensively.
SDTs are a completely separate term than dt.

So you wont have 87.5% to those elements instead you will have whatever dt you have then be reduced by another 50%. Not sure what your gear is but I'd assume around ~60% dt so effective dmg reduction before mdb would be ~80% to those elements. Crab at least the crafted ones do have some mdb just not as much.

Going by non rw numbers assuming mdb matters and the approximate gear dt total reduction to the elements compared to a sdt/dt/mdb null target would be about -85% for candi and -88.6%. That said sdt will work with breath dmg which mdt obviously wont and give automatic half duration for debuffs as well. Also changes a lot If you made +3 body
 Asura.Ramsy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2017-02-02 12:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Currently gearing up my bst for Onychophora and wondering how much pet acc is needed?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-12 21:54:24
Link | Citer | R

Would it be helpful to make a Call Beast set? I know between Acro set and mirke wardecors you can get some cb recast down/ Not sure of the other pieces. Obviously hands are for ilvl, but would be helpful to see a complete list of CB recast gear, in case I'm missing any
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-02-12 22:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Would it be helpful to make a Call Beast set? I know between Acro set and mirke wardecors you can get some cb recast down/ Not sure of the other pieces. Obviously hands are for ilvl, but would be helpful to see a complete list of CB recast gear, in case I'm missing any

It's on the front page also, but here ya go:
ItemSet 335643
armada sollerets w/Call Beast Recast-10
Total: Recast-35 seconds

As for whether it's helpful or not... you'll have to judge for yourself, I'd say. If your defensive gearsets (Pet:DT-, Reward) are solid then you'll probably only be caught off guard by certain one-hit KO mechanics.

If you're the sort of person who wants to be optimized for any and all scenarios (and has inventory room?), then by all means. :)

Shiva.Xenorex said: »
Regarding familiar, I have noticed it makes no impact to your pets magic damage. Which is surprising, since you'd think adding 30 int (10 JP levels) to your pet you'd see some difference, but you will see zero difference.

Frankly, I'm not sure if this was intended that int does not have any affect on pet's magic damage or if it is a bug.

This is from a long time ago, but as it turns out, a lot of the less common magical attacks have a dINT component:

WARRIOR PETS:
ReadyCharge
Cost
dINT
Term
1540 TP 1540 TP
w/INT+50
Venom123062306
Fireball126892689
Dust Cloud126892689
Acid Spray129563076
Molting Plumage129983159
Cursed Sphere132913291
Purulent Ooze234023538
Stink Bomb233743535
Nectarous Deluge233743535
Dark Spore331833183
Silence Gas331833183
Nepenthic Plunge341064267
Corrosive Ooze342824419

NON-WARRIOR PETS:
ReadyCharge
Cost
dINT
Term
1040 TP 1040 TP
w/INT+50
Bubble Shower118841884
Gloom Spray226612802
Foul Waters238354044
Pestilent Plume238354044

If anyone out there is trying to maximize damage from these abilities, consider using Familiar, improving your Valorous augments (taupe stone for Pet:INT+15), obtaining all of the INT+ vorseals, etc etc.
[+]
By Xilk 2017-02-13 09:53:58
Link | Citer | R

Did you test for any other stats as modifiers for other ready moves?

asking to see If I should go test or not.
I'd certainly be willing to go out to abyssea to test it. Seems the easiest place to add DEX, MND, VIT, etc..

I think it unlikely that I'd want to make gear sets specifically for DEX + MAB or VIT + MAB
but it would be good to know.

.. Then again Familiar would affect the damage if that is so.
now I'm trying to remember if I saw a damage change or not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-13 09:55:50
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Falkirk. Looking at the armada feet, that may be more trouble than it's honestly worth at this point. I'm a new BST so I only have valorous and a few despair pieces and such. Guess I need a full DT set for pet.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-02-13 10:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Xilk said: »
asking to see If I should go test or not.

Xilk, you absolutely should. I have a feeling there won't be any other stat mods... but if you can confirm that, it'd be great.
By Xilk 2017-02-14 13:47:15
Link | Citer | R

I tested for other modifiers, including hp.
as you say, there were none.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 175 176 177