Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rudra's Storm Update
Rudra's Storm Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-18 16:04:52
Link | Citer | R

If you THFs are gonna die, can you at least use accomplice JA before you die and take someone elses unwanted enmity with you lol.

Or maybe sub /drg for HighJump to shed hate, it sounds horrible but Its served me well on corsair because its another job that can pump out nice damage but has no mainjob tool to drop hate.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 16:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

What you did there, I see it.
DNC wagon will never take off, you can't trick people into playing DNC!
DNC can't fill the shoes of the 'TH spot' and/or Dps slot like THF can. If you bring a DNC its because you want a versatile dps option that can clutch tank/heal but your battle strategy is still to treat them like a dps slot.

Yeah dnc easily outsurvive thf, this has more to do with THF slacking on dt sets because they never were tanking before, or if they did get KO'd it was not going to jeopardize winning the battle content because lolthf dps before the update.
You THF have the burden of being responsible for high damage output and not dying, time to try harder at not dying now!

THF is the easy road to omgrudras, a superior dyna/salvage farming job, *and* more party invites - period.

I would never try to trick people into anything, DNC is the superior job, I'm a career THF, I can be honest and admit that DNC is better.

The real problem everyone seems to be forgetting is that math, real math, hardcore proven math states:
BLU is the best DD, remember, that it is 11% ahead of a MYTHIC SAM, and needs no fancy weapons to accomplish this 11% lead. Sam being better than dnc, which is better than thf, makes no sense why people would even consider bandwagoning thf.

Why would you suddenly bandwagon the 4th or 5th best job? Best or gtfo.
By Giaden 2014-12-18 16:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Valli be Troll'n!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 16:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Look it's right here, #notroll #nobullshit.
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
On a target with 1900DEF 870EVA 200VIT 200AGI (using motenten's tojil model), optimized buffs (Haste2, Victory+5, Min5+5, Sword+5, Blade+4, 11Chaos, 11Samurai, Nat.med, Berserk, Smouldering Salisbury, Swwping Gouge, Dia II, Dunna 800skill Frailty for BLU;;;;;Haste,Victory+5, Advancing+5, Min5+5, Blade+4, 11Chaos, 11+Samurai/11 Miser, Hasso, Berserk, Overwhelm, Smouldering Salisbury, Dia II, Dunna 800skill Frailty for SAM) and top tier gear for both the BLU and the Koga SAM, I have BLU coming ahead in DPS by 11.35% before skillchains. BLU affords better buffs and gearing options due to superior haste and accuracy availability, but the gap closes slightly if the SAM is getting Haste II. This is assuming the BLU is going for allout DD, no support spells and only doing self/diffused buffs. On the example target, thanks to dual DEX usons and room for an additional Madrigal mostly, BLU doesn't need to wear any accuracy swap gear outside of whirlpool mask.

It doesn't matter if you don't believe me, but you can't argue with pro. Nor math.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-18 16:54:05
Link | Citer | R

I mean, they can. It doesn't mean they'd be right though.

that said, like I mention in that post it's before skillchains. neither BLU nor THF can replicate a solo 5step darkness or light (without 1h), so if you're using a solo DD Koga SAM is still best by that merit. If you want to bring more than one DD or see something other than the *** of a SAM, then THF BLU DNC are superb atm.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-18 17:05:46
Link | Citer | R

That's clinically stupid
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 17:08:31
Link | Citer | R

See, there's pro to validate the god damn argument. I mean seriously.

BLU > DNC > THF.

SAM's value changes based on how you go about killing things, but the hierarchy remains fact.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-18 17:13:35
Link | Citer | R

DNC actually > BLU, dont know about thf. all three are solid dps choices though
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-18 17:16:46
Link | Citer | R

I can't wait to be told I'm terrible because I don't have Terpsichore.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-18 17:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Just /troll already valli.

SAM machine guns doom.

But now THF drops doomsday nukes.

/AHass
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 17:17:44
Link | Citer | R

That's fine DNC > BLU, you'd be the only person I'd trust to make that call. THE point is, they're BOTH better than THF.

People trying to start this THF bandwagon ***, You're only wasting your time. People are not suddenly going to take you. You still have a good chance on SAM.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-18 17:19:06
Link | Citer | R

plenty of other people to trust, just most of them don't bother posting their results and stuff.

anyway, BLU bandwagon has existed since abyssea. share my pain
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-18 17:23:45
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I can't wait to be told I'm terrible because I don't have Terpsichore.
You don't want one anyways, AM3 upkeep is hard work!
I never asked for this power, I just wanted to always come to stuff on dnc or cor :(
By Nyruul 2014-12-18 17:25:17
Link | Citer | R

It's really ugly too..
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-18 23:16:02
Link | Citer | R

that said, like I mention in that post it's before skillchains. neither BLU nor THF can replicate a solo 5step darkness or light (without 1h), so if you're using a solo DD Koga SAM is still best by that merit. If you want to bring more than one DD or see something other than the *** of a SAM, then THF BLU DNC are superb atm.
THF can potentially replicate solo 5-step Darkness, though I think it might require having a COR for Samurai or Miser Roll. I do it all the time soloing WKRs with Homestead Dagger + Atoyac though.

Mandalic > Evis > Exenterator or Last Stand > Rudra > Evis > SA Rudra
 Lakshmi.Taekwonjoe
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Taekwonjoe 2014-12-19 00:15:22
Link | Citer | R

52,902 Bully Sneak Attack Rudra's Storm on Vadleany.

Click photo to enlarge
 Shiva.Ariaum
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2014-12-19 00:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Taekwonjoe said: »
52,902 Bully Sneak Attack Rudra's Storm on Vadleany.

Click photo to enlarge

Seems incredibly low w/ atmas/buffs and such. Did the mob run out of HP miss the main hand hit? Not being a *** just say`n.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-19 01:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
THF can potentially replicate solo 5-step Darkness, though I think it might require having a COR for Samurai or Miser Roll. I do it all the time soloing WKRs with Homestead Dagger + Atoyac though.

Mandalic > Evis > Exenterator or Last Stand > Rudra > Evis > SA Rudra
I would imagine a vajra thf riding AM3 should be able to skillchain with themselves just tping with some luck occasionally when full buffed to hit delay reduction capped.

with max buffs and riding terpaderp am3 +sabredance +OaT atoyac I can pull off a multistep doubledark with some luck using no JA.
I only really get to try pulling that off when i'm solo dd'ing unity NMs.
If I bring a blu along to dd they just spam CdC like crazy and mess me up ;(
(BLU is parsing really good so we bring them for stuff too, I love BLUs)
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-19 15:13:33
Link | Citer | R

Just 119'd my Vajra so I can see how well I can keep SCs going tonight.
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-19 15:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Just 119'd my Vajra so I can see how well I can keep SCs going tonight.

Congrats!
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-19 16:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Can't wait for SE to break the game by releasing a new line of weapons with TP Bonus +1000, including a dagger for THF/DNC.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-19 16:54:41
Link | Citer | R

You mean to tell me the game isn't already broken?

lol, stop kidding yourself
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-19 17:04:25
Link | Citer | R

Game has always been broken to be honest, but I can see SE releasing a line of TP Bonus weapons and then not even consider the fact that being able to do a 2250% Rudra Storm from 1000% TP would be cataclysmic to game balance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-19 17:13:40
Link | Citer | R

They clearly have zero concern for game balance at this point, they very clearly don't care about the game anymore, infact.

They're just throwing out new and crazy things in order to scrape the last out of their almost dried up playerbase.

Next month, WHM Hexa Strike will be a top-tier DD. Please look forward to it.
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-19 17:37:08
Link | Citer | R

I went out and farmed some CP solo on my BRD/NIN and was doing 8-11k Rudras on Twithryms in Ra Kaznar at 100%TP. When I go on my mythic DRG/SAM, my Stardivers are doing like 5-7k with occasional 7-10k spikes with AM3 proc or Angon. Rudras is nuts makes my BRD solo CP faster than my mythic DRG. It's bananas.

I know this is a THF thread, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if a well geared BRD/NIN or BRD/DNC with Iz/Atoyac(OAT) could push out similar DPS to a DRG/DRK/WAR/MNK at this point. Without minuets or food or rolls. People report THFs doing 8k+ Rudras in Morimar Delve unstacked, I bet a DD BRD could push similar unstacked, though probably a bit less due to having a bit worse DEX gear(though Battlecast Gaiters,Bihu Justaucorps and Highwing Helm are fantastic WS pieces). Would be fun to try in Delve 1 after putting up buffs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-19 17:49:17
Link | Citer | R

Just want to echo that, I really wish there were more BRDs that do more than just Sing, and AFK.

Especially considering Rudras now.

(even though I'm one of those sing and afk bards.) /hypocrite.
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-19 17:58:13
Link | Citer | R

I nuke alot in stuff after songs as BRD/SCH since I have both a m.acc and a matk Lehbrailg +2. Nuking on BRD, with all the random mdmg pieces BRD can use, can do like 700-800ish tier1 nukes, especially with weather and Obis from /SCH. BRD has a ton of m.acc pieces from AF/AF2 so combined with /SCH's B+ skill from Dark Arts, we can land nukes with surprising accuracy. It's great in delve to assist in blowing off the auras of Mega Bosses, but I may try /DNC to give DDs Haste Samba and to throw in some 2000% Rudras. SE may not mind BRD meleeing from time to time given that we have some pretty decent melee pieces and even our job points give us physical accuracy(which other mages besides RDM and BLU don't get).

Any way, sorry to derail from THF thread XD
By Kooljack 2014-12-25 12:22:20
Link | Citer | R

any screenies of rudras on Delve2 bosses'?
By Zoltar 2014-12-31 12:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Is there a fav dagger now for Rudra's?

Izh still worth main-handing?
By Wordspoken 2014-12-31 12:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Zoltar said: »
Is there a fav dagger now for Rudra's?

Izh still worth main-handing?
You could return this question: what dagger makes izhikooh redundant?