If You Could Improve XI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-11-25 18:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
But other than that, one thing. And one thing only.

NO GEAR SWAPPING WHILST ENGAGED!

You know any occasion that you can't call a trust at the moment. Same as that, but with gear swapping.
It's the only thing that has ever made me consider quitting. Everyone's obsession with gear swapping macros.

And it's obvious that SE actually like it. Hell I suppose most people playing it must like it.

Well I don't! It's silly and something that I do not do. So there :p

You must be crap at the game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-11-25 19:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aquatic said: »
Give RUN a strong enmity generating JA.
It's pretty amusing, that out of all the thoughts in this thread, this is the one that pulled my rant trigger. If it seems like I'm going off on you.. well, sorry. I kinda am. This has become one of those things that just makes me twitch.

Why in the HELL, does anyone think RUN needs more enmity JA? They already have, by far, the most powerful array of enmity tools in the freaking game.

Do RUNs just... not even know wtf their own JA do, enmity wise?

I'll quote a post I made on the OF. The post is a bit old now, so some values might be outdated, but I'm not gonna re-write it atm.

Original Post link
Martel said:
While I agree that DMG dealt should still generate CE....

RUN's problem is that it has the physical durability of a wet paper sack. Not that it can't generate enough enmity.

In terms of enmity generation, RUN is definitively superior to PLD. RUN has a ridiculous array of enmity tools. Tons of JA, all with notable CE values. And two very good native enmity spells, flash and foil. And foil, being self targeted, generates enmity for every mob on the hate list.
Code
Action			CE	VE
Elemental Sforzo1800	7200
Vallation		450	900
Valliance		450	900
Embolden		160	320
Swordplay		160	320
Pflug			450	900
Gambit			640	1280
Liement			450	900
One For All		160	320
Batutta			450	900
Rayke			640	1260
Runes			40	160

Foil			320	880
Flash			180	1280

A RUN/PLD using sentinel could Cap CE(10k) in 10 seconds. Mind you, That'd take perfect timing with JA use. So lets say 15~20 for a more realistic value.

Of course, doing this requires RUN's SP, and a rather non standard sub. But even without /PLD, you could still hit 5K~ CE in the same time frame. And that's before accounting for enmity gear.

Furthermore, they have massive native fast cast letting them spam their enmity spells far faster than a PLD.

Wanna see PLD's enmity tool list?
Code
Action			CE	VE
Invincible		1	7200
Holy circle		1	20
Shield Bash		1	900
Sentinel		1	1800
Cover			1	300
Rampart			1	300
Fealty			1	300
Chivalry		1	300
Divine Emblem		1	300
Palisade		0	1800

Flash			180	1280
Enlight			20	180
Reprisal		0	640

Enmity generation-wise PLD's only advantages are greater access to enmity+ gear, and sentinel(which is sub-able anyway.)

Although PLD does has a great advantage in not Losing as much CE. Both via taking less damage, and having enmity+ on already good PDT gear. Which is good, 'cause PLD has a hell of a lot harder timer building CE in the first place. A PLD that wants to build good CE, has to sub /BLU or /DRK for additional CE actions.

Also, using /war for enmity purposes would be really silly. Provoke is really not that good an enmity tool. And cures, while useful for survival purposes, generate truly terrible enmity these days. And RUN isn't going to lose and fast cast from changing subs. They can easily cap fast cast. +60% fast cast during vallation or valiance(which can be full timed via alternating) with 5/5 inspiration merits and Relic aug.

What RUN needs to be equal to PLD, is the ability to survive heavy physical damage. They've got the enmity thing covered even if they didn't melee at all.
Things have further improved since that post. One of RUNs weaknesses, the lack of enmity+, has been shored up a bit. There's now actually some decent Ilvl enmity gear for RUN. If not anywhere near what PLD has. And there's Crusade for an extra +30 enmity full time.

*deep breath -> big sigh* Oook. rant done. <,<;
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Refia1 2014-11-25 19:03:24
Link | Citer | R

You know any occasion that you can't call a trust at the moment. Same as that, but with gear swapping.
It's the only thing that has ever made me consider quitting. Everyone's obsession with gear swapping macros.

And it's obvious that SE actually like it. Hell I suppose most people playing it must like it.

dood you are play the wrong game XD
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-25 19:35:13
Link | Citer | R

People don't like swapping gear because they like to, or because we are gear obsessed. We do it to optimize play time. If you TPd in all WS gear, your TP phase would be, in most causes, be severely lacking haste, to the time between WS would increase. Same for mages. Without swapping to fast cast gear, cure, nukes, and buffs would take longer to cast or be less effective and not MP efficient. Napa would also be an issue sludge to not using Refresh gear.
[+]
 Odin.Princebob
Serveur: Odin
user: Princebob
By Odin.Princebob 2014-11-25 19:40:05
Link | Citer | R

change the battlesystem to something more 2010ish
By Pantafernando 2014-11-25 19:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Allow players to engage against others players in town.

Screw parses, the best job is the last standing in a 1vs1.

Allow "call for help" also.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-25 20:18:56
Link | Citer | R

WS while not engaged, particularly Ranged WSs.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-11-25 20:33:24
Link | Citer | R

allow people to spend gil to buy monthly passes to play the game, would help control the flow of gil a bit as well.

make better models, drop ps2 support completely and upgrade to directx 9.0c and do a decent graphical overhaul (talking upgrading from what it looks like now to something a little worse than tera)

introduce an entirely new mechanic for battle, to spice up the battle system.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-11-25 20:37:28
Link | Citer | R

level capped battles would be cool, in the sense that theyll provide different challenges we cant get from content in the hundreds. i mean, the difference between a level synced lvl99+ gear (scaled ect) and a player geared with some of the best equip for the level is pretty big. so getting correct gear for all of the level capped fights would be worth it, so this would only really work if we got a 2nd, 3rd, and maybe even 4th mog wardrobes, lol. (i guess it comes down to giving us more inv no matter what. i still think level capped fights that drop maybe empy upgrade items, synth mats, maybe equip for both low levels and ilevels? would be cool though)
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-25 21:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

People don't like swapping gear because they like to, or because we are gear obsessed. We do it to optimize play time. If you TPd in all WS gear, your TP phase would be, in most causes, be severely lacking haste, to the time between WS would increase. Same for mages. Without swapping to fast cast gear, cure, nukes, and buffs would take longer to cast or be less effective and not MP efficient. Napa would also be an issue sludge to not using Refresh gear.

The problem is not with the act of gear swapping. It's the *** behavior of the game engine which removes the "player object" (target arrow) from the "play field" during a gear swap. And by any means it seems to be "working as intended". The moron at Square who decided that was a valid design choice need to be shoot.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-25 21:31:12
Link | Citer | R

No, gear swapping is annoying in general, some people don't like the concept of having 100+ pieces of situational ***.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-25 21:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Dabilahro said: »
Jetackuu said: »
No, gear swapping is annoying in general, some people don't like the concept of having 100+ pieces of situational ***.
I disagree and like the concept of gearsets. Dark souls would be greatly improved if they allowed ffxi gearset macros for example.
Hence why I said some people...

I find it annoying as hell, tedious at best.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-11-25 22:02:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Dabilahro said: »
Jetackuu said: »
I disagree and like the concept of gearsets. Dark souls would be greatly improved if they allowed ffxi gearset macros for example.
Wouldn't that be glorious...

Even just making sets you could swap to when not in combat would be great. Swapping modes takes awhile.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2014-11-25 23:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Hell no ! Gear swapping is one of the few reasons this game is so awesome, it means more objectives, more stuffs needed, this is also why it's a neverending game :3. It's one of the major reasons I like FFXI over any other MMO I tried.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-11-25 23:41:14
Link | Citer | R

How about changing jobs in the field, or even during battle as well?
Granted, the gearswap system is one of the things that make FFXI unique, but it also has its drawbacks. It's just ridiculous nowadays, you need a gearset for every little action, and while optimizing sets is indeed fun, you have the inventory issue. So in the end, if you want to play plenty of jobs, you'll have to go with universal all-purpose sets for most of them.
Not to mention that grabbing gear from your different inventory slots is annoying (even after they added the last "Mog" thingy...what was it called again?)
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-25 23:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Oh something I was thinking about today: allow the use of porter slips inside mog house. I don't know if this isn't implemented because of technical reasons, but well, if I had infinite staff/funds I could just make them redo the code of the game so it stops being so shitty.
This was *kinda* already done... Sorta... Mog Gardens are "Mog House" zones...
Why you can't have it in the normal ones is "it's too small".
So they kindasortabutnotreally did that already.

As for what I would do:
Put ToAU, WotG, and Adoulin jobs on Relics.
Put Adoulin jobs on Empyreans.
Make WKRs sustainable by making them give 10/20/30k capacity points from the RoE.
Either increase HMP and dross/cinder droprates or decrease requirements for the trial. (Probably the later.)
Give DNC Store TP and fix THF... Maybe +crit chance as a JT? Fixing THF is hard without being stupid.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Arcaine
user: rcaine
By Ragnarok.Arcaine 2014-11-26 00:18:33
Link | Citer | R

I've actually given this some thought.
What about, as added content goes, a new version of abyssea set in SoA (with some maws warping you to select ToAU abyssea zones). Atmas and abyssite make a return, with plenty of new ones, but the new feature would be that in Abyssea V2 you'd be dual-class 99/99 and able to use all the JA and spells of your subjob, possibly equipment as well.

As for changes to the core game -
1. Adjust emnity to decay faster the closer you are to the cap, except for pld and rune, who would have slower emnity decay as a job trait. (My thief should not be pulling hate from a pld during an AA fight from auto-attacking. it just doesn't seem right. and the pld wasn't horrible either)

2. Stop supporting Ps2, and upgrade the engine so we no longer have inventory capped based on ps2 memory. Barring that, another mog wardrobe would be appreciated.

3. a few more blu utility-style spells. something with rare debuffs/buffs.

4. 119 empyrean armor, from version 2 of abyssea. would be nice to see this before the game dies of old age. we've been waiting long enough, and loosing interest meanwhile.

5. trade 2-5 crappy augmented capes to an NPC for rerolls on the augment of a cape you designate. Trading more capes increases the quality of the augments, similar to using Verdigras +2 stone.

6. for that matter, how about JSE belts, neck pieces and earrings along the same vein as these capes. Complete with great job boosts + potential augments.

7. cut alex cost for mythic weapons in half. honestly, farming 30k is pretty mind-numbingly tedious. I'm all in favor of the varied, other requirements though. Current mythic holders might not like it, but w/e.

8. Trusts in nyzul. we were told this would be a thing. I would make this a thing. Make them do lamp floors by allowing you to give them commands via a menu system. For that matter, trusts in salvage and assault, just to make them a tad faster to solo.

9. some items/conditions/key items that greatly increase capacity points. Raise the cap to 30, add new catagories.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-11-26 00:23:31
Link | Citer | R

I'd change..

PvP: Remove the penalty for changing any equipment except main / sub. Force lock style so you can stay locked/unlocked on target without that annoying blink out crap.

Monstrosity: Add an area where Player vs Mon can battle unrestricted. With item level equipment being the general direction the games going in, I find it kind of sad that you can only fight against Mons under a lvl 30/60/90 level cap.

Might not be for everyone, but I think it would be fun taking on level 99 mons with a 2~6 man party without having to deal with level limits.

Only other thing I'd change is adding Magic Damage to Murgleis. Yeah I know not many people would go out of the way to make one and again Red Mages are not masters of anything, but I don't see anyone making a Yagrush purely for the 155 Magic Damage >.>
 Asura.Highwynn
Serveur: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-11-26 00:48:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Magic Hammer: improve mp return + stat modifier.

Dunno about you but on low level content, Magic Hammer does 1000-1300 depending on if I use Burst Affinity, that's without mdmg clubs, with clubs it does well over 2k(makes for fun cleaving in Dynamis. In ilvl content it does about 500-600, 800-1k with clubs.
By Lizk 2014-11-26 00:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Make everyone have one, just ONE lvl 100 job per character and give it a new merit category and specific gear for that level.
By Numquam 2014-11-26 01:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Let male DNC finally wear skirts and high-heels.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-26 01:27:42
Link | Citer | R

If I had the resources and company oversight choices I would find a way to import this get to ps4 to connect to a bigger audience and still have the amazing community experience don't even touch the graphics leave it as it is so ps4 can play with ps2 and xbox 360 and pc players on any connection. I swear this game and dail up was ment to be. I played on dail up for 8 years and rock and rolled. Only thing that suck is downloading updates. But yeah definitely that. Also note I have amazing Internet now my wife said she was going to drag me kicking and screaming to the 21st century. I'm still screaming
By Pantafernando 2014-11-26 02:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

The problem is not with the act of gear swapping. It's the *** behavior of the game engine which removes the "player object" (target arrow) from the "play field" during a gear swap. And by any means it seems to be "working as intended". The moron at Square who decided that was a valid design choice need to be shoot.

Whats this? You mean you lose the target locked after you blink?

If its that, i dont have this problem because i always plays with /lockstyle on.
By mortontony1 2014-11-26 02:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Lizk said: »
Make everyone have one, just ONE lvl 100 job per character and give it a new merit category and specific gear for that level.

Everyone would pick sam or mnk though >.>
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-11-26 02:17:10
Link | Citer | R

I would improve FFXI by firing everyone at SE and disolving the company
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9