Gold Ballistar (Sylph)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Gold Ballistar (Sylph)
Gold Ballistar (Sylph)
By myaihze 2014-11-25 10:15:49
Link | Citer | R

My wife really likes Xbox achievements and one of the few she is missing for FFXI is the gold ballistar one. So to that end we are looking for at least 4 other people who also need the achievement and would be interested in doing ballista till everyone gets the chevron or whatever its called.
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-25 10:21:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure how long it takes to get said title, but being that ballista is pretty rare I may be interested if the time works out for me and it's not a huge time commitment.
 Sylph.Gades
By Sylph.Gades 2014-11-25 11:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Being that I myself ballista still on another server I can tell you how to obtain it.

First get 6 people together to do a real ballista, capped or uncapped. 60 or uncapped is best. Then bring jobs anything works. BLM gets overpowered as does SCH but so you are aware.

Then your wife needs to get first. Most kills and scores wins Gold then she can go to the person who gives the points for xbox live, with the Gold Ballistar title and she gets it. You just need 6 folks. If you do this I am in, as I do love love love ballista.
By myaihze 2014-11-25 18:25:22
Link | Citer | R

how often can you get the ranking for gold? does it reset per zone ballista? is each zone different? the wiki page on ballista dident make a whole lot of sense to me.

if its pretty quick and can get everyone interested in it the gold there is a list of 5 already, my wife, myself, a rl friend of mine and you two.

im sorry to be such a noob about it but i havent ever actually done ballista. so please impart as much knowledge as you can haha
 Sylph.Gades
By Sylph.Gades 2014-11-26 15:09:49
Link | Citer | R

It does not offer a good explination. I have been ballistaing for years since it started in 2005 and did the ballista Royale for Sylph. My character still has the headgear from it in storage.

SO to explain this it goes like this, the matches (offical) take place in Jugner, Pashow or Meri. Mountains. The game itself starts at a set time (as long as 6 or more show up). we are to sign in anywhere from 30 minutes to 5 minutes before hand. I say to balance it, best to start signing in at 18:00 gametime, then we wait til 22:00 and then if enough people start, the NPC will give some rules and what not. Like some places its all one giant match. Some its best of 3. Some allow food while others do not. Jugner is usually the best to do it in. it lasts 1 hour. Its best not to change jobs as it throws everything into Chaos so once you come, that is what you should remain as. Every job has its ups and downs. Like Dark Knight is strong but gets eaten up so fast. Ranger is powerful but can not take so many hits. SAM is strong itself but magic kills the job. RDM can be the ultimate one when it comes to ballista, however even jobs like PUP can ruin a RDMs day lol. Yes PUP! With the right set up a PUP can be very deadly. I know this as I do participate as PUP in ballista.

Now you ask the question how easy for it to get the Gold Ballistar? well once the match is over, there is an offical that stands there, you register with the NPC and it shows you what place you got. If you have first then you are set to go (You get to hang onto the title for 1 week as long as you dont talk to the NPC for ballista, if you avoid the ballista NPC you can have it til your title changes.

Hmm well I am unsure what more to say....umm does this answer some questions or if you have more let me know I can answer them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 10:27:44
Link | Citer | R

To claridy the above response, here's how you'll need to do it:

-Sign up for 60 or uncapped ballista (uncapped is more likely to get people). You may need to shout or pre-organize 6 players to help you get this.

-When the match begins, you can begin the game of Ballista, which involves killing others, defending Rooks (scoring towers), and scoring in Rooks.
-You are evaluated (similar to reives) at the end of the ballista match. The game lasts about 53 minutes (one game day). The cumulative score (ballista points) is based on your match performance as a whole. This means that scoring the most petra (rocks you throw into the rook) alone will not necessarily net you the highest points. A good combination of everything is the key to scoring a high score. This ultimately means that you should have a good balance between killing players, stealing/scoring petra, curing/healing/defending others and not dying. The latter is the most important IMO (the longer you stay alive, the higher your point curve becomes, and the more resistant to spells you become). The same is also true of scoring and killing (scoring more points and killing more bodies gives significantly more points than focusing on just one).

After the match, you must speak to the Marshall. He will provide you with a list of options. You want to select the option that allows you to "Sign up for Ballista Ranking". [FYI - The herald will always tell you who the highest petra- scorer is at the end of the match, but this doesn't always mean it is the highest scorer in ballista is. You should always refer to the Marshall to see how well you placed]. The Marshall will always give you the top 3 Ballista players for the previous match.

-Check to see if you are in the top 3. If you are in first place, you must wait until the ranking totals come in. If you make it to the Ballista Ranking #1 on list, you will be rewarded a Gold Chevron. Also, you will always be rewarded with an [insert job-specific color] chevron when you reach Gold (as you are the top JOB in the ranking, as well as the top player overall; you get two awards. Hint: always accept the GOLD, which will change your title to Gold Bali***Star)

Keep in mind that although you may be in first place in the previous ballista match, you actually have to be in first place in the entire world Ballista ranking to qualify for a Gold Chevron. This means that if someone else has the #1 score previously and you do not beat him, you are not the #1 on the list, and will not be rewarded a Gold. However, if Ballista is as rare as it is over there as it is here, chances are that list is blank (resets every maintenance).

Remember to sign up with the Marshall before 3:00 game time after the next gameday following the Ballista match, or you will not be eligible for the rankings.

TlDR - this is a very easy process: Kill, cure, score petra, stay alive, sign up with Marshall after match, then see if you are #1 overall. If you are, you should get a gold.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [480 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Bigt
user: Bigt
By Lakshmi.Bigt 2016-03-26 17:49:49
Link | Citer | R

So you have to be #1 in the world, not just the previous match?
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-03-26 19:02:39
Link | Citer | R

It counts the total for the last 10 matches. Whether thats the last 10, or a set 10 im not sure. But since noone does ballista chances are there are no scores for anyone. (Check with the npc) So one round could put you as the high scorer on the charts.

I just got my title/achievement a day or two ago after one match. You only need two ppl there to do the match. But you need 6 ppl to sign up for the match to take place. So 4 ppl can sign up and leave while only 2 ppl sign up and stay. Unfortunately, i only had one person willing to warp out and sign up for me. So i ended up leveling 4 mules, doing mission 1-3 and getting them a ballistia license. I used them as my other 4.
By Jetackuu 2016-03-26 19:37:36
Link | Citer | R

Did you just register and logout?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2016-03-26 20:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
I'm not sure how long it takes to get said title, but being that ballista is pretty rare I may be interested if the time works out for me and it's not a huge time commitment.
You can get the title from 1 match. me and a guy from LS I was in dual boxed and just beat on each other to rack up points to get the title. to get a title from a ballista match you need to be person to score the most and you have to score over a sertain amount of points. I made sure to get all achivments right after they anounced shutting down the 360 version
By Jetackuu 2016-03-26 20:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Does it require a weekly tally, or no?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-03-26 20:43:00
Link | Citer | R

No weekly tally is required. Also, mules count. So basically, you can log 5 mules in and sign up, and then log into your main and play. However, you may not be able to get any points since there will be nobody to kill and you'll never earn Gate Breach (the status that allows you to score petras).

If I were on your server, I'd play. Maybe shout and recruit people who also want to get the status and make an event out of it. only takes about an hour.
By Jetackuu 2016-03-26 20:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, I may have to take a break from crafting and get it done. Too bad I had deleted the one mule I had that I had leveled to 99 and everything...