St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-25 15:18:02
Link | Citer | R

It's not liberal views that set minorities back.... It's only been 50 years since they've even had a right to vote in this nation. That should give you some insight on how they were looked at in the not so distant past. Minority groups have had to fight for basic rights when they were freely given to others. It's a systemic issue in our nation that is still going to take time to correct.

Am I saying that every minority is helpless and stuck at the bottom naturally? No. In general though it is harder for minorities to reach the same point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 15:18:26
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 15:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Damn you Flavin, you beat me to paging! Oh well.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-11-25 15:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Asks about power, guy posts the president, a man who effectively is a puppet of those in power.

But ok, if that makes you feel better. If that changes the reality of individual wealth, hiring potential, college graduation rates, home ownership and every other conceivable metric of measuring wealth. I mean there aren't dozens of articles and research projects on the disparity of wealth by race or the underhanded practices of municipalities against minorities from everything from where you can live to who gets promoted in the world of sanitation. We get one black president and that effectively solves all the problems still lingering from Reconstruction on through the Golden Era of America on through the Civil Rights era to the present.

By all means though, continue to delude yourself.

Fancy paragraph, a shame I don't give a *** because you'll just put your fingers in your ears and scream "LALALALALALALA IM RIGHT YOURE WRONG LALALALALALALA"
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 15:39:25
Link | Citer | R

It's a fancy paragraph because those who have decided to undertake scholarly pursuits have come to those conclusions, not the *** armchair remarks of people who haven't known a day of being the subject of institutionalized racism. Continue to parrot Giuliani and every other status quo coward.

I am right, you are wrong and baby, that's a fact. I could link you to a number of books that back me up but lets drop the idea that anyone here wants to budge from their positions. Black people are lazy and dun wanna work vs. multifaceted examples of institutionalized racism. I know which one I'd put money on.

Hardcore free market capitalists up in here don't even understand what the concept of generational wealth and the systemic denial of such simple things as 'buying a house' within the last 70 years. Of course I mention a house because in America it's the thing worth the most money people possess and subsequently what they pass to their offspring that compounds in value.
[+]
By volkom 2014-11-25 15:57:00
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-25 16:20:56
Link | Citer | R

It's a fancy paragraph because those who have decided to undertake scholarly pursuits have come to those conclusions, not the *** armchair remarks of people who haven't known a day of being the subject of institutionalized racism. Continue to parrot Giuliani and every other status quo coward.

I am right, you are wrong and baby, that's a fact. I could link you to a number of books that back me up but lets drop the idea that anyone here wants to budge from their positions. Black people are lazy and dun wanna work vs. multifaceted examples of institutionalized racism. I know which one I'd put money on.

Hardcore free market capitalists up in here don't even understand what the concept of generational wealth and the systemic denial of such simple things as 'buying a house' within the last 70 years. Of course I mention a house because in America it's the thing worth the most money people possess and subsequently what they pass to their offspring that compounds in value.
I won't even comment as to how insane the credit scoring system is in the US, and how skewed loans/rates are.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-11-25 16:23:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

I won't even comment as to how insane the credit scoring system is in the US, and how skewed loans/rates are.
And how legal predatory loans are.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 16:27:06
Link | Citer | R

Just ignore reality and keep living in the 'everyone is equal' lie perpetuated by those benefiting from privilege!

Side bit: I love being called a racist. Never have I made any derogatory statements but the whiners can't help but attempt to construct a false equivalence fallacy to cover the fact they know nothing.

They don't know history, they don't know capitalism, they don't understand statistics, the ability to follow a chain of events or even how innate biases have very real consequences in the real world.

If you think black people are less than, guess who isn't getting that job with equal qualifications? BUT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. SO UNFAIR. We're filling jobs with unqualified blacks to fill quotas! Woops, there goes those innate biases associating an entire group of people with 'less than'.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-25 16:43:45
Link | Citer | R

4 new pages to read when I wake up. This thread is fun. Keep it going.

If you can, add more Morgan and maybe and MLK or two. Bonus points for Malcom X.
By volkom 2014-11-25 16:45:10
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 16:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
4 new pages to read when I wake up. This thread is fun. Keep it going.

If you can, add more Morgan and maybe and MLK or two. Bonus points for Malcom X.

The gestapo are going to shut this whole thing down quicker Todd Akin being taken seriously.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 16:53:13
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

In Bill Cosby's rape folder.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2014-11-25 17:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Ackeronll said:
If you can, add more Morgan and maybe and MLK or two.

[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-25 17:23:13
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Soon...

Another global warming thread ?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 17:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Never have I made any derogatory statements
Darkies be scary, yo.

Darkies ***up your property values, yo. Better go live with other darkies and screw up your own community.

darkies can't pay their debts, yo.

Darkies be good prisoners, yo.

Better get a music deal or play sports, yo. Because that's all you're good for.

Congratulations for being your own worst enemy.
By fonewear 2014-11-25 17:39:53
Link | Citer | R

I blame George W Bush and his lack of caring for black people.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 17:40:34
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I blame George W Bush and his lack of caring for black people.
Something about most destructive storms being given female names.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-25 17:44:13
Link | Citer | R

"And if you think naming a destructive storm after a woman is sexist, you obviously have never seen the gals grabbing for items at a clearance sale." Kent Brockman
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-25 17:45:26
Link | Citer | R

To summarize internet arguments:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-11-25 17:58:23
Link | Citer | R

wormfeeder said: »
I see the racists are out in force, no wonder there will always be racial tensions in this country.
You mean the racists that are black right?

I wasn't aware black people held the levers of power in this country. Enlighten me please, I await your ability to reshape reality.

Ok. I will make this easy for your brain to absorb. The only people holding black people back in this country are other blacks and the progressive liberals who tell them they are not responsible for themselves. Blacks in this country have more opportunities now than ever before but do they take advantage of them? No they don't, they use their race as an excuse to be lazy and blame their lives on others. People like l Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are poor role models for black people and should not follow their message.

From what I read, my point still stand.
Those leaders, they speak in the name of what? Do black people need a model and why for?
The simple fact that you say they have role models to follow shows how belittled black people are in USA and probably in most western countries. Only children need models.
If both society and community is telling to a black person how to behave as a black person (and not how to behave as a person) then we have a problem.
One of the biggest problem : the free will. Every single act are conditioned by the perception of yourself, so if you think about yourself as a black person and not as who you really are, you're tightly bound to act the same way as the stereotype commands to : the way people can talk to each other, the way they see their future, their relation to money, women, parents, authority etc...

I haven't read enough paperworks or meet enough afro-americans (ridiculous name, they are american and obviously they are not born anywhere near Africa) to understand the reasons why this brainwash occurred.

Being black is not a gift, it's not a curse, it's only a fact.
[+]
By wormfeeder 2014-11-25 18:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Well said detzu.
By fonewear 2014-11-25 18:15:50
Link | Citer | R

My reaction:

By fonewear 2014-11-25 19:41:18
Link | Citer | R

Ready for round two kids. The night is young !
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-11-25 20:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Just another instance of black boys on mopeds.
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-25 20:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
I see the racists are out in force, no wonder there will always be racial tensions in this country.
You mean the racists that are black right?

I wasn't aware black people held the levers of power in this country. Enlighten me please, I await your ability to reshape reality.

Ok. I will make this easy for your brain to absorb. The only people holding black people back in this country are other blacks and the progressive liberals who tell them they are not responsible for themselves. Blacks in this country have more opportunities now than ever before but do they take advantage of them? No they don't, they use their race as an excuse to be lazy and blame their lives on others. People like l Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are poor role models for black people and should not follow their message.

From what I read, my point still stand.
Those leaders, they speak in the name of what? Do black people need a model and why for?
The simple fact that you say they have role models to follow shows how belittled black people are in USA and probably in most western countries. Only children need models.
If both society and community is telling to a black person how to behave as a black person (and not how to behave as a person) then we have a problem.
One of the biggest problem : the free will. Every single act are conditioned by the perception of yourself, so if you think about yourself as a black person and not as who you really are, you're tightly bound to act the same way as the stereotype commands to : the way people can talk to each other, the way they see their future, their relation to money, women, parents, authority etc...

I haven't read enough paperworks or meet enough afro-americans (ridiculous name, they are american and obviously they are not born anywhere near Africa) to understand the reasons why this brainwash occurred.

Being black is not a gift, it's not a curse, it's only a fact.

Quote:
I saw a slogan on a guys car that said "Proud to be an American" and I thought "well what the f*** does that mean?"

Proud to be an American? Ya see, ive never understood national pride. Ive never understood ethnic pride. Im Irish. All four of my grand parents were born in Ireland. So i'm fully Irish, and when I was a kid I would go to the St Patrick's Day parade and i notice they sold a button that said "Proud to be Irish". And I could never understand that because i knew that on Columbus day the sold a different button that said "Proud to be Italian". Then came Black Pride, and Puerto Rican Pride. And I could never understand ethnic or national pride, because to me, Pride should be reserved for something you achieve or obtain on your own.

Not something that happens by accident of birth. Being Irish isn't a skill, it's a f***ing genetic accident.
You wouldn't be proud to be 5'11". I'm proud to have a pre-disposition for colon cancer. - George Carlin

1:00 - 2:35
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-11-25 20:43:51
Link | Citer | R

It was the shooter on the grassy knoll !
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-25 21:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Just ignore reality and keep living in the 'everyone is equal' lie perpetuated by those benefiting from privilege!

Side bit: I love being called a racist. Never have I made any derogatory statements but the whiners can't help but attempt to construct a false equivalence fallacy to cover the fact they know nothing.

They don't know history, they don't know capitalism, they don't understand statistics, the ability to follow a chain of events or even how innate biases have very real consequences in the real world.

If you think black people are less than, guess who isn't getting that job with equal qualifications? BUT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. SO UNFAIR. We're filling jobs with unqualified blacks to fill quotas! Woops, there goes those innate biases associating an entire group of people with 'less than'.

I hear the job market is good for Wahmbulance Drivers.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 22:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Never have I made any derogatory statements
Darkies be scary, yo.

Darkies ***up your property values, yo. Better go live with other darkies and screw up your own community.

darkies can't pay their debts, yo.

Darkies be good prisoners, yo.

Better get a music deal or play sports, yo. Because that's all you're good for.

Congratulations for being your own worst enemy.

I'm certain even you can process the form of speech known as sarcasm.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19