Another School Shooting

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Another School Shooting
Another School Shooting
By Jetackuu 2014-10-25 06:56:56
Link | Citer | R

I looked up the shootings, apparently there was 2 in VA, one of which I know where it's at.

Looks like that "gun free" ***'s working great for you VCCS.

What I find stranger is that I've been in those bars/strip of bars that the girl went to that they recently found the remains of...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-25 07:21:11
Link | Citer | R

wormfeeder said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
daoming said: »
I'm starting to get heeby jeebies thinking about that 74 school shootings in 18 months bit...I mean what do these loonies hope to gain from ruining many people's lives, ending some, and then just shooting themselves? Are they trying to imitate what happened in the past with things like Sandy Hook and Columbine?
That's exactly why this happened.

The main problem is, CNN was running out of ways to earn money since Ebola wasn't bringing in the fear anymore due to the 4th case in America, so they have to go back to what works for them: mass murder in a public location. Bonus points if it involves children.

Funny Chicago has about 50 shootings a weekend never makes national news.
Of course not, you never hear about the violence in Chicago because A) it's common knowledge and not newsworthy and B) it would go against the idea of thugs and such, can't have that when you depend on selling racism like Brown and Martin shootings.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-25 07:28:52
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
I got called in by my kid's teacher first month of this term.
She told me my son said "my dad said to push back when someone pushes me, and punch em back when they punch me".
I said "yeah, so?"
Teacher: "That's not the kind of environment we want here or the kind of attitude we want our students to have"
Me: "In other words you want my son to roll over when he gets bullied?"
Teacher: "No he needs to report it"
Son: "I did report it. You told him it was wrong but he still does it"
I ended up resolving the matter myself by meeting the kids father and telling him I would kick his *** if it happened again since my kid can't defend himself in this *** up system.

I feel your pain. I was punished for striking a kid back after he hit me three times in the back of the head. Teacher watched the entire thing. I was in trouble because I was almost a foot taller and was in boxing. Never mind that the kid was an offensive lineman and outweighed me by almost 100 pounds.

Those in authoritative positions get pissedoff when we the small people take matters into our own hands. They might want to ask themselves why that is.

Answer:
The ugly truth I've come to realize is that teachers will focus on helping the kids that need the least amount of help. You know, pay extra attention to the students that get A+ regularly instead of working on trying to motivate those that are getting C's and D's. Its just the easier thing to do.

They will also shy away from dealing with a student that is clearly a bully because its an issue that requires attention and consistent active observation to resolve.

Whereas its easier to put a kid who is standing up for himself in place, with much less headache.

This might seem irrelevant or a far stretch as a cause and effect, but I've said it a million times on these forums; Teachers and Cops are underpaid and overstretched around the world. Not just in the US.

Schools are probably the most important institutions in modern civilization and there are more terrible ones than there are good.

Law enforcement is the backbone of order and civility.

They should be elite careers and the very best of us should seek to be a part of them. But that's not going to happen when they're paid so miserably and given so little recognition.
By wormfeeder 2014-10-25 07:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 courtesy and respect are the backbone of order and a civil society. the police cause more problems than they solve. Today's police are nothing more than over paid meter maids and revenue enhancers for their cities.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-25 08:36:19
Link | Citer | R

I would say apathy is more accurate than either of those.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-10-25 08:48:45
Link | Citer | R

World needs more Zangief kids.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-25 08:54:00
Link | Citer | R

The important thing is to blame everyone but the shooter that way no one will ever understand this !

If it wasn't bullying or a failed relationship our "experts" give up.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-25 08:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Zangief kids
Ask and I shall deliver

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-25 08:58:17
Link | Citer | R

My understanding of this shooting after reading their personal tweets and other people's social profiles for the past year...

Jaylen had a relationship with Shilene. During the relationship, someone tried to get involved with Jaylen that started up a bunch of rumors. Shilene heard about said rumors and then had fights with Jaylen. Shilene and Jaylen eventually break up but finds out that Shilene wants to date another guy. Insults start to fly that Shilene is his girl and only his girl.

Gun is brought to school as Jaylen had access to one easily. (I think he dad was with law enforcement) In his mind, no one else can have her over him.

I believe she is the girl that died. They haven't said any names of the deceased yet. Just watch Shilene Georgia be one of the females.

Anywho, gun laws?

Kid had easy access to one. Want someone to blame? Blame who allowed him access to it. After all, he went hunting a lot with his dad. Bad trust, eh?
By fonewear 2014-10-25 09:05:12
Link | Citer | R

According to CNN something racist was said to him also...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-25 09:09:45
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
According to CNN something racist was said to him also...

Pure Yellow Journalism because there are several reports that Jaylen had his head down all lunch while everyone else was talking amongst themselves at the table. Jaylen just randomly stood up and pulled out the gun and started firing. This is the only consistent thing I've read over the tweets from actual students.

Screw the media and their made up stories.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-25 09:14:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Kid had easy access to one. Want someone to blame? Blame who allowed him access to it. After all, he went hunting a lot with his dad. Bad trust, eh?
Hundreds of thousands of kids have access to guns on a daily basis. For hundreds of years too in this country.

I don't think the father should be to blame on this, at least not fully. How was he (the father) to know that his kid was going to take one of his guns to school and shoot up the entire school before killing himself.

I think most of the blame should go to the people who glorify these events. Who continue to glorify them, not only for profit (mainstream media) but also for personal agendas (anti-gun protesters). Those are the people who should take their share of the blame for all these school shootings in recent history.

Because I honestly believe that if they didn't glorify said events, a large portion of the school shootings would not have happened due to the fact that these kids want to "go out with a bang" so to say.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-25 09:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Some people need to accept that there's some incidents that aren't preventable, and that there's nobody other than the perpetrator to blame.

Quote:
There is nothing a bureaucrat can do to make sure that something like this never happens again.

not saying that it necessarily plays with this scenario, but there are most certainly ones that it does.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-25 09:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
I think most of the blame should go to the people who glorify these events. Who continue to glorify them, not only for profit (mainstream media) but also for personal agendas (anti-gun protesters). Those are the people who should take their share of the blame for all these school shootings in recent history.

I totally agree with this.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-25 09:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Because I honestly believe that if they didn't glorify said events, a large portion of the school shootings would not have happened due to the fact that these kids want to "go out with a bang" so to say.
First off, I'm not anti-gun but the NRA is guilty of glorifying these for both, profit and their personal agendas. When I was growing up, the NRA promoted gun safety with classes, pamphlets, etc. they were a good thing but nowadays they seem to be about promoting gun sales, lining their own pockets, and having their very own shock value mascot (yes, Nugent). Think back to Sandy Hook when the NRA basically came out and said "More guns will fix these issues."

It's a gimmick to get you to buy guns. I'm not saying the NRA likes seeing shootings like this, but they have a knack for using them to their benefit when they do.

Also, to those who, like me, actually like guns and have no intention of killing anyone; don't go out and buy a gun because the NRA says you should, wait a few months till buyer's remorse sets in and you can get a gently used one cheap.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-25 09:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

First off, I'm not anti-gun but the NRA is guilty of glorifying these for both, profit and their personal agendas. When I was growing up, the NRA promoted gun safety with classes, pamphlets, etc. they were a good thing but nowadays they seem to be about promoting gun sales, lining their own pockets, and having their very own shock value mascot (yes, Nugent). Think back to Sandy Hook when the NRA basically came out and said "More guns will fix these issues."

It's a gimmick to get you to buy guns. I'm not saying the NRA likes seeing shootings like this, but they have a knack for using them to their benefit when they do.

Also, to those who, like me, actually like guns and have no intention of killing anyone; don't go out and buy a gun because the NRA says you should, wait a few months till buyer's remorse sets in and you can get a gently used one cheap.
You are correct, but at least the NRA doesn't capitalize on these types of events.

They capitalize the events where homes are broken in and/or people are murdered in cold blood in their homes.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-10-25 11:18:09
Link | Citer | R

Hey, same thing I said.

So now the hard philosophical question: should we discuss this issue in a public forum when that is another aspect of the glorification process that almost certainly motivates at least some of these incidents?

I'm not suggesting that we never discuss nor never react. After Sandy Hook, I went to a drag show that raised and donated money to the affected families. But that never got mentioned in even the local news, much less trawled out and paraded around all over the news networks. The somewhat intransient nature of the internet places anything anyone says on it closer to mass media news than not.

Which isn't to say that this forum is especially relevant. The glory-hounding of teenagers is no doubt aimed far harder at Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube. But where does the line get drawn if we accept that exposure and fame/infamy are motivating factors in disproportionate response massacres?
By fonewear 2014-10-25 13:23:08
Link | Citer | R

To summarize:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2014-10-25 13:27:23
Link | Citer | R

He won an Oscar for this speech !
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-25 13:34:36
Link | Citer | R

while i get hes beyond a mess from having to deal with such a thing, he couldn't be more wrong.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-25 13:36:30
Link | Citer | R

I blame fluoride in the water for all the school shootings !

Joking aside it is pretty depressing the entire situation.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-25 22:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »

Hey, same thing I said.

So now the hard philosophical question: should we discuss this issue in a public forum when that is another aspect of the glorification process that almost certainly motivates at least some of these incidents?

I'm not suggesting that we never discuss nor never react. After Sandy Hook, I went to a drag show that raised and donated money to the affected families. But that never got mentioned in even the local news, much less trawled out and paraded around all over the news networks. The somewhat intransient nature of the internet places anything anyone says on it closer to mass media news than not.

Which isn't to say that this forum is especially relevant. The glory-hounding of teenagers is no doubt aimed far harder at Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube. But where does the line get drawn if we accept that exposure and fame/infamy are motivating factors in disproportionate response massacres?

While I highly doubt this thread would prevent another school shooting, it does give people something to think about in regards to how effective the media and other outlets effect the negative things in life.

Copycat crimes and criminals are not a new thing, but this constant glorification of the shooters by the media and other outlets creates nothing more than the incentive to become the next Jaylen/Larza/Harris/Klebold.
By fonewear 2014-10-27 17:52:04
Link | Citer | R

I think by 14 I realized that love and relationships weren't worth getting upset over. Certainly not worth killing someone over.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.