\orbtr\orbt.ext._eac_qt_ ???

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » \orbtr\orbt.ext._eac_qt_ ???
\orbtr\orbt.ext._eac_qt_ ???
First Page 2
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-17 17:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know what the heck this is? Every time i run a virus scan this shows ups. It get quarantined (or even if i delete it), comp restarts, run another scan and its there again. Over and over. I tried searching it but didn't find anything.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-17 18:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Looks like a trojan worm on your PC...
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-17 18:11:31
Link | Citer | R

eslim said: »
Stop stalking and I'll remove it x-x

oh come on... Thats not even a rational demand!
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-17 18:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Conduit strikes again.

Uninstall anything related to Conduit, SearchProtect, and obviously ORBTR.

What anti-virus program do you use?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-17 18:55:24
Link | Citer | R

If it keeps popping up after quarantine then you need to scan then delete, check start up folder for any suspicious files, or shortcuts and delete if present. Then reboot into safe mode repeat scan and delete. While in safe mode, open your system 32 and search for the correlating file and/or extension which will probably be gibberish. Then to be extra thorough open regedit then run a search for the file and possible matching gibberish extensions. Delete everything associated to the file in question. Reboot in safe mode again and search to verify removal. Reboot and load regularly and perform another scan. Should be out of your system.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-17 19:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

I never installed anything related to them. Nor do i see anything resembling them.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
If it keeps popping up after quarantine then you need to scan then delete, check start up folder for any suspicious files, or shortcuts and delete if present. Then reboot into safe mode repeat scan and delete. While in safe mode, open your system 32 and search for the correlating file and/or extension which will probably be gibberish. Then to be extra thorough open regedit then run a search for the file and possible matching gibberish extensions. Delete everything associated to the file in question. Reboot in safe mode again and search to verify removal. Reboot and load regularly and perform another scan. Should be out of your system.

So busy with everything and my sick pets that i didnt think to run a scan in safe mod. Sad.
I dont rly no much about the system 32 files, so i generally dont mess with them.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-17 22:04:21
Link | Citer | R

i ran a scan in safe mode. No results. restarted comp and when it loaded up normally, a cmd window came up for some reason.

Scan in normal start up is still showing them tho

Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-17 22:28:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »

I never installed anything related to them. Nor do i see anything resembling them.

Conduit has a nasty habit of installing silently through cleverly place scripts when visiting certain places on the web. Orbtr comes back as a detector file that is similar, if not the same, to SearchProtect from Conduit.

Quote:
Full path on a computer: %PROGRAMFILES%\ORBTR\ORBT.EXT

Related Files:

%PROGRAMFILES%\ORBTR\ORBITER.DLL
%PROGRAMFILES%\ORBTR\UNINSTALL.EXE
%PROGRAMFILES%\ORBTR\ORBT.EXT
%TEMP%\INET_ORBITER.TXT

This scan says Conduit as clear as day.

Quote:
PUP.Optional.Conduit.A, C:\Program Files (x86)\ORBTR\orbiter.dll

If I can help you... Download this and scan your computer. Also save a log file and PM it to me if you feel like it. I can sift through and tell you what to delete.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 00:16:16
Link | Citer | R

I'd just use a portable version

http://portableapps.com/apps/security/hijackthis-portable

that way you don't have to install it.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-18 00:41:10
Link | Citer | R

i PM'ed the log. Thank you.
 Bahamut.Scizor
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-10-18 01:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Malwarebytes - scan and remove.
Simple
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-18 01:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Expected thread on KSP.

But seriously, what the hell do you do to your equipment?
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-18 02:08:46
Link | Citer | R

only thing ive done differently lately was dling thing trying to get a CFW and SS to work for my psp. Might have come form one of those
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-18 02:51:43
Link | Citer | R

i guess on the plus side after the scan that found those two posted above, its didnt detect anything on the last scan.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 03:34:08
Link | Citer | R

I have a thread for that that I can dig up, what version of psp do you have? or do you have it done already?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-18 04:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Psp1001 (first version, na release)
update version 6.6

Psp Thread

I have a CFW that seems to work, but not a SS program.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 04:24:09
Link | Citer | R

yeah, not familiar there, never bothered with that potential feature.

I had cfw on mine but I updated wrong and wiped it, I need to downgrade again and then reflash then upgrade properly, I was in a mood and wanted to play some ff7 on my psp, and to copy it from my ps3 as the download was taking ages.

I'm mostly going to use it for a portable emulator station as out of the available options, it's about the best right now, but I almost wish I had a 2000, as my umd slot's spring is uber sensitive and will launch the umd halfway across a room if you hold the system with any pressure, I am sure I can fix it I'm just lazy and haven't bothered to look into it (I guess I could just remove the spring).

I think I still have some extra batteries that I bought brand new (official, bought with a charger on clearance when I worked retail back in the day). I can list one for dirt cheap if you want, I'll try to dig them out sometime this week, it's not going to happen before Tuesday I'm pretty sure though, have a test on Tuesday.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-18 04:37:23
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I was in a mood and wanted to play some ff7 on my psp

dont remind me. Thats what took me out of the mood. ><

I was working on a perfect file for ff7 on psp. All weapons/armors/materia/9 master magic/smn/cmd along with several other combos/max stats. I was down to my last materia and last two sets before i was fully done... then the file corrupted or some ***and it no long loaded it. I lost it all.... was so pissed. Took me years before i picked up 7 again. (which was only recently on my vita actually.)
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 05:01:23
Link | Citer | R

I had a set of master materia for each character on my one save, still have a few copies of it.

I screwed up though and didn't farm the sunken Gelnika, which would have gave me stat bonus items as well as AP.

I've thought about doing it again one last time, but I just haven't been able to focus. Real life and ***, etc.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-18 07:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Log read and scrutinized.

Windows XP-SP3
Internet Explorer
StopSign Anti-virus

Found SearchProtect

tsk tsk D:

PM sent.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-18 08:14:07
Link | Citer | R

And you were worried about installing Remote Joy driver on your computer ? lol

I've been using that for so many years and never anything happened.

Hopefully you didn't use those "PSP MEGAPACK automagic bla bla bla" .EXEs that are floating on the internet ... lol
 Bahamut.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-10-18 08:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Log read and scrutinized.

Windows XP-SP3
Internet Explorer
StopSign Anti-virus

Found SearchProtect

tsk tsk D:

PM sent.

Genuinely curious why anyone would stay on Windows XP
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-18 08:44:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Scizor said: »

because im disabled and dont have a sugar momma'

I had a set of master materia for each character on my one save, still have a few copies of it.

My first good file had most everything done except stats. But i was rly young and didnt no about final atk+phoenix. So when i got my master smns, i sold all my regular ones thinking id never need them... big mistake.

I screwed up though and didn't farm the sunken Gelnika, which would have gave me stat bonus items as well as AP.

theres actually a few mobs on there iir that you can morph to sources and use the w-item trick on. Saves a hell of a lot of time.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-18 09:04:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm using XP too and am very happy with it.

Actually there's things I own which don't work on newer Windows OSes and I'm not ready yet to see them go.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-18 09:19:41
Link | Citer | R

because im disabled and dont have a sugar momma'

If you wanna buy me a new comp and a new OS tho, feel free :D
By Wordspoken 2014-10-18 10:17:06
Link | Citer | R

If you wanna buy me a new comp and a new OS tho, feel free :D
GNU/linux is free, has multiple distros and is easy to install. It's not to everyone though, I'm running ffxi from it personally (since 2011).
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 10:30:47
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mariane said: »

I'm using XP too and am very happy with it.

Actually there's things I own which don't work on newer Windows OSes and I'm not ready yet to see them go.
^

I mean I get away with not using it, and can usually get away with using a 32bit version of 7 for like 3/4 of everything else (vm usually) but there's just a few niche things that just don't want to work at all, for those I gotta use an XP vm but honestly I don't have anything on my machine currently "for that." However application virtualization is a thing and has promise, but obviously is limited by application and it's needs. I need to play with it more.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-18 11:00:47
Link | Citer | R

The only thing I am gimping myself with by using XP is that Microsoft on it's infinite wisdom (in fact they're just a bunch of crooks lol) thought that wrapping the OS with an artificial cap of 4GB of memory (even though it is PAE aware and even it's RTM release could manage PAE properly and see all the memory the computer has) starting at SP2 to prevent it from competing with the Windows server 2003 version which is obviously more expensive. -_-;

So yes, the only thing I miss on XP is full PAE support (aka the computer be able to use more than 4GB of memory per process).
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 14:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Well there's some other features, but that's the main one.

Send me a list later of the programs/hardware peripherals you're still using and I can see if I've gotten any of them to work.

Then again I like to keep a machine around with IDE anyway to load stuff on the PS2 hdd, because network loading is slow, and it won't see a drive if I passthrough usb with it, the software I was using anyway. So there's no real issue in keeping XP on such a machine, as I don't even really need to have it fully online.
First Page 2