Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Highwynn
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-11 11:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Not surprising, but these are the only boots for jump tp bonus i think, right? Not sure if it beats huginn with ryuno but still an option on the off chance your wyvern is dead i suppose.
The only item we really benefit from, from the avatar fights is Floestone from Shiva and maybe the stp earring.

Just give us af3 reforged already :(
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-11 12:02:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Not surprising, but these are the only boots for jump tp bonus i think, right? Not sure if it beats huginn with ryuno but still an option on the off chance your wyvern is dead i suppose.
The only item we really benefit from, from the avatar fights is Floestone from Shiva and maybe the stp earring.

Just give us af3 reforged already :(
Ostro greaves do beat Huginn for Ryu jump/high jump.(And they're nice acc feet) It's just that we hardly ever use those jumps.

Just split the freaking jump timers already SE. Without nerfing them. -.-
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-11 12:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Or... Just make +Jump TP/dmg/w/e affect spirit jumps too...
Though that might make for some redonk happenings... Doubt it would push DRG to "top" status.... Probably.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-11 12:35:53
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Or... Just make +Jump TP/dmg/w/e affect spirit jumps too...
Though that might make for some redonk happenings... Doubt it would push DRG to "top" status.... Probably.
It really wouldn't make much difference. I messed with the sheet a bit, and manually added jump TP values to spirit/soul jump. And changed lancer body and ogiers hands out for vishap+1 and feet to Ostro.

DPS
Before 1540.678
After 1534.402

Gamebreaking. So hax you actually lose dmg. <,<;

Store TP weighs very heavily for spirit/soul jump. Because your TP gain gets multiplied. x2 for spirit, x3 for soul jump. But Jump TP bonus doesn't. While it is modified by STP, it just gets added to the the end of the equation.

This is particularly noticeable with Ryu. Jump TP bonus is only applied once. If you DA/TA, only the first hit gets the Jump TP. But any stp based TP increase gets fully multiplied by the number of hits. So a TA'd soul jump gets base TP *3*3. <,<

So dropping 20 STP to get to use jump TP gear, doesn't do as much as you'd think.

However, splitting jump timers would be a different matter. We'd still get full use of spirit/soul jump. But get an additional 2 jumps, if weaker ones, in parallel. It certainly wouldn't be game breaking though. DPS gain? Yes. Would it change DRGs position? I doubt it.

I wouldn't even bring it up, but SE keeps adding stuff for NQ jumps only. Like they want us to use them or something. But the only way jump/high jump are going to get used regularly is if the split the timers.

(note:Just using Ostro feet on Soul jump would actually be a 1 dps increase over hugin.. IF the TP bonus worked. It's using vishap and losing all that stp that drags things down in this case)
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-12 12:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Jump itself does good damage with Ryu and Huginn due to the VIT mod. If you can get close to 256VIT, it should double your weapon's damage and then crit since it's X/256, the. +20% from huginn/cuissots. Think my jump set has close to 220-230ish VIT but not gonna drop stp for VIT lol.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-13 01:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Spirit Surge lasts 1:40 now with Pteroslaver+1 compared to 1:20 with Wyrm Mail +2.

Not sure if this is a glitch or something that all Reforged+1 Relic pieces that augment SP abilities have(didn't check). Might be prudent to check others. Maybe the one that enhances EES gives +40% damage and maybe the one that enhances Meikyo makes WS cost 500% TP.

Would be cool if it was DRG only since every relic/af that has an 'Enhances X' gets stronger from the jump from NQ to Reforged, but "Adds Support Job Abilities to Wyvern" doesn't, so maybe this is an added boon? :D

Wish that added level 99 traits to Wyvern, would be kinda neat, as it doesn't really add anything useful most of the time.
[+]
 Odin.Brocovich
Serveur: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2014-10-17 14:00:34
Link | Citer | R

Hi there,

can anyone tell me why my Breath gear for Elemental breaths isn't working after i do WS?

this is my current code:
Code
    function job_pet_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)		
		if spell.english:wcmatch('Healing Breath*') then
			equip(sets.Breath.Healing)
		elseif spell.english:wcmatch('*Breath') then
			equip(sets.Breath.Elemental)
		end
    end

it works if i use smiting breath, but only if i am engaged.
it won't work after WS or if i use smiting breath without being engaged.

do i need any rules which prevent gearswap from switching back to idle/tp gear while wyvern is using breaths?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-17 14:07:17
Link | Citer | R

Since its a mote file I couldn't say for certain. But if you weren't using them it would be a conditional in the aftercast so that you have the gear equipped after a Ws.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-17 15:01:03
Link | Citer | R

Mine works perfectly:
Code
function pet_midcast(spell,action)
        if string.find(spell.english,'Healing Breath*') then
                equip(sets.Pet['HEALING BREATH SET'])
				elseif spell.english:wcmatch('*Breath') then
				 equip(sets.Pet['ELE BREATH SET'])
        end
end
end
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-17 15:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Also since HB takes a few sec to take HP gear into account, I recommend making GS precast you in Wyvern HP gear when you activate Restoring Breath rather than midcasting it when the Wyvern readies the breath. It gives the server an extra 1.5ish seconds to take HP gear into account.

I STRONGLY recommend all DRGs using Gearswap to make it such that when you cast a trigger spell for Healing Breath when /Mage, you are precasting in AF Helmet, AF legs and Player HP gear in every other slot. Don't worry about Fastcast and crap, you're casting Dia/Stone usually for triggers. Putting Player HP gear means when you're casting those trigger spells, your max HP will be increased and thus you can activate healing breath from a higher HP% by cheating the system. If your max HP is 2000, you need 1000 to activate breath, but if you swap in +500 more HP during the casting of Dia or Stone1, now your max HP is 2500 which means you can cast your trigger at 1250 HP and HB will activate.

Also, by putting AF legs in your precast set for trigger spells, you give the server an extra 1-2 sec to calculate that extra +23% HP for your breath potency. We used to not need to do this but doing it this way may give a higher % chance of the server including that extra HP% in the breath formula but doesn't always work.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-17 15:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Also since HB takes a few sec to take HP gear into account, I recommend making GS precast you in Wyvern HP gear when you activate Restoring Breath rather than midcasting it when the Wyvern readies the breath. It gives the server an extra 1.5ish seconds to take HP gear into account.

I STRONGLY recommend all DRGs using Gearswap to make it such that when you cast a trigger spell for Healing Breath when /Mage, you are precasting in AF Helmet, AF legs and Player HP gear in every other slot. Don't worry about Fastcast and crap, you're casting Dia/Stone usually for triggers. Putting Player HP gear means when you're casting those trigger spells, your max HP will be increased and thus you can activate healing breath from a higher HP% by cheating the system. If your max HP is 2000, you need 1000 to activate breath, but if you swap in +500 more HP during the casting of Dia or Stone1, now your max HP is 2500 which means you can cast your trigger at 1250 HP and HB will activate.

Also, by putting AF legs in your precast set for trigger spells, you give the server an extra 1-2 sec to calculate that extra +23% HP for your breath potency. We used to not need to do this but doing it this way may give a higher % chance of the server including that extra HP% in the breath formula but doesn't always work.
There is effectively no time difference between gearswap precast and midcast. They go out in the same packet. So by all means, stack on the fastcast/quickcast in precast, because putting wyvern HP gear in precast over player midcast is not going to give you any better chance to proc said WHP+.

Now, there is something to be said for putting wyvern HP gear in player midcast, rather than PET midcast(which occurs when the wyvern actually starts readying the breath.) In this case, doing so in midcast Would buy you some extra time for WHP+ to proc on spell triggered healing breaths. Due to the cast time of the triggering spell itself.

With gearswap, the only draw back to using fastcast/quickcast gear is the inv cost of carrying it. You can still use full fastcast gear in precast, AND swap in HP/WHP+ gear in midcast to full effect.
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-10-22 18:12:14
Link | Citer | R

Spirit Surge lasts 1:40 now with Pteroslaver+1 compared to 1:20 with Wyrm Mail +2.

Not sure if this is a glitch or something that all Reforged+1 Relic pieces that augment SP abilities have(didn't check). Might be prudent to check others. Maybe the one that enhances EES gives +40% damage and maybe the one that enhances Meikyo makes WS cost 500% TP.

Would be cool if it was DRG only since every relic/af that has an 'Enhances X' gets stronger from the jump from NQ to Reforged, but "Adds Support Job Abilities to Wyvern" doesn't, so maybe this is an added boon? :D

Wish that added level 99 traits to Wyvern, would be kinda neat, as it doesn't really add anything useful most of the time.

This is making me a little paranoid. Has anybody tested that the Angon enhancement is the same on 119 and on +2 relic hands?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-22 19:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zaenon said: »
This is making me a little paranoid. Has anybody tested that the Angon enhancement is the same on 119 and on +2 relic hands?
Reposting from over on BG.
Martel said:
Ophannus;6236593 said:
I think Reforged+1 that has the SP Augment might be a stronger SP augment than the AF2+2. Spirit Surge is a 60sec duration normally, 80 seconds with Wyrm Mail +2 augmented. With Pteroslaver Mail +1, it lasted 100 seconds or 1 minute and 40 seconds. Can anyone test if the same is true for other SPs? Should also check if EES and Meikyo are boosted in someway too since those aren't duration based.
Well, that doesn't appear to be a property of pteroslaver/+1.

I'm getting a 1:40 duration with just old wyrm mail +2.
So, either something changed, or the original augment testing was in error.

Still, I'll take an extra 20 seconds of spirit surge for no apparent reason.
It seems unlikely that Ptero would be an increase over wyrm+2, considering this. But if anyone does test, be sure to test wyrm+2 as well. Perhaps something occurred to change the enhances spirit surge augment itself, which could be why both the old and new equipment was affected.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-23 10:37:30
Link | Citer | R

SE has been screwing things up lately. They posted (several) times that Sinker Drill is a 75s recast on their BLU Job Adustment Teaser and in the version update, and it turned out to be 20 seconds. Let's also not forget they said Fly High would be a 45s duration in both the teaser details and the version update details and it turned out to be 30 seconds(and my bug report they basically said we changed it last second and didn't tell you -- too bad". So maybe this is our barance?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-11 21:09:02
Link | Citer | R

I have 2 questions for DRG enthusiasts.

1) how does the af3 body grant food to wyvern:
eat > plackart > call wyvern
call wyvern > plackart > eat

2) If I eat a "mochi" will it grant the player effect AND the pet effect to the wyvern~ Double the attack on the wyvern would be kinda yummy.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-11-11 22:35:12
Link | Citer | R

The food effect is applied to the wyvern when the plackart is equipped(or when food is used while wearing it), and lost when it is removed. But re-equipping the plackart will reapply the food effect. So you have to be TPing in Lancer for it to matter.

Regarding mochi, the report I heard was that the pet only gets the pet side of the food even with plackart. But I haven't checked that personally.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-11-12 00:06:23
Link | Citer | R

You don't "double-dip" if you eat the mochi with the plackart. In otherwords wearing plackart doesnt affect mochi at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-12 00:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Figured one could hope with square's lack of proper coding lol~ Worth a shot.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Serveur: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2014-11-21 09:07:39
Link | Citer | R

I was working on the DRG AF quest and I still have to wait till JP midnight?! What the hell? Why didn't this get adjusted? /shakesfist
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-06 23:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Hopefully this pet acc food will be more potent than Shiromochi. With Shiromochi+1 and 5/5 parameter boost, my Wyvern is still ~60% in Woh Gates, granted mobs in Woh Gates have tremendous evasion. Shiromochi gives us acc+70 and pet acc+140, basically double the player bonus is the bonus the pet gets. But if they increase the amount that pets get, would they do the same for players? Might be broken since Shiro is slightly worse than sushi but SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper to synth(Sole gives acc+75 but Shiro gives acc+70). So if they made a mochi that gives 180 acc to pets, would that mean it would give 90 acc to players? Here's hoping :D
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2014-12-19 14:38:33
Link | Citer | R

Does Karieyh Ring play in any sets?
 Valefor.Ophannus
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-19 15:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Probably a good ring for Camlann's Torment/Geirskogul if you'd want to waste your SOA reward on a very inferior ring(most other rings are vastly better for other jobs). For Stardiver I think Karieyh was somewhere between Ifrit's and Ifrit's+1. Overall, if you have any other job, better off claiming a different ring.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-27 13:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Ugh my drg feels so weak compared to my brd when soloing job points. With meat and /SAM, stardivers are doing 6-7k, camlanns doing 6-7k, but my brd/nin, with 2 minuets is doing 8-12k rudra storms at 1000TP, one shotting those butterflies from full health and with marches and stp gear seems to be killing just as fast as my mythic drg. I know drg has a wyvern and we gain tp faster in the long term, but for job point farming, my brd is getting faster cp/hour than my blu or my drg. Sad seeing a 100ish base damage dagger doing equal or more damage than a ws with a weapon more than twice its base damage.
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-12-27 15:48:08
Link | Citer | R

what would be the best augment for Kuakuakait? OAT and what else? Even though I will only be using it for solo and easier stuff, I still want to go with more DPS so, any suggestions?

Thank you.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-29 01:06:02
Link | Citer | R

For easier stuff? Probably store tp+5, or maybe attack+20. For moderate stuff like Delve 1 (in which case it's the best non-mythic choice), go for Oat+acc.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2015-01-07 19:47:38
Link | Citer | R

Does equiping items that do not have ilevel such as boots in example for jumps reduce your attack/accuracy against a monster in any way or is it completely OK to use specific pieces that do not have ilevel without suffering a penalty?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-01-07 20:30:47
Link | Citer | R

Ilvl, in and of itself, has zero effect. It's just that a given Ilvl is accompanied by a similar values in raw stats. But those are just the stats listed on the piece.

There's no known hidden stat bonuses or level correction-esque effects from ilvl itself. (I think there might have been some exp gain related effect from avg ilvl, but that's not relevant to jump swaps.)

So, yes. You should still be using Lancer feet for spirit jump, etc.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2015-01-07 20:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Thank you!
 Leviathan.Tharon
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2015-01-23 22:55:54
Link | Citer | R

So what's standard sets for endgame for DRG these days? I left mine on the shelf before they released the reforged af/relic gear. Any tp sets that can be suggested thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 110 111 112