Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Synergy HQ
Synergy HQ
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-08-11 10:15:23
Link | Citer | R

So I've been having some pretty bad luck crafting +1 rings. Figured I'd post here to see if I'm missing something:

I have 110+10 woodworking. My g/f has 105+10 gold. I have been inviting her to stand there while my character does the synergy. My rate doing it this way is now 3/37 HQ... Her rate when she does the synergy herself is 5/10 HQ. I know this is a small sample size, but I've heard of other high level goldsmithers around the 30-40% range also.

So my question is: do you get the same HQ rate if you leach someone else's high level craft? I would use her character to craft the rings if I have to, but I never thought this would matter. Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation as me?

And yeah if I was reading this post I would think "that guys an idiot of course it's the same rate", but after so much time/money spent on this it really feels like it's not and I'd like to know for sure one way or another.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-08-11 11:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Yes.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [349 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-07-26 07:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Look at it like this, your 3/37 beats my 2/56 Ifrit Ring +1's, most of which were perfect balance according to general consensus (not worrying over non recipe elements). I think when I created my character, S/E put a luck -50 stat on it.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-07-26 10:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Holy necrobump Batman.

RNG is RNG.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-08-08 10:24:15
Link | Citer | R

I always have to laugh at the random is random statement. Has noone else ever noticed what seems to be a hidden luck attribute in game? What I mean is there are lucky people and unlucky people. The consistency of this is amazing, actually. People who were lucky 10 years ago, are still lucky today. Same for the unlucky. Beyond the crafting statistics, this seems to hold true across all things luck based in the game. Getting that rare drop to drop, casting winning lots, and crafting HQ. Good luck players seem universally lucky, and similarly bad luck seems to run across all these things as well. Kinda takes the random out of it a bit.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-09 20:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Raistlinmaj said: »
I always have to laugh at the random is random statement. Has noone else ever noticed what seems to be a hidden luck attribute in game? What I mean is there are lucky people and unlucky people. The consistency of this is amazing, actually. People who were lucky 10 years ago, are still lucky today. Same for the unlucky. Beyond the crafting statistics, this seems to hold true across all things luck based in the game. Getting that rare drop to drop, casting winning lots, and crafting HQ. Good luck players seem universally lucky, and similarly bad luck seems to run across all these things as well. Kinda takes the random out of it a bit.

There is a lot I could say, but I'll keep it short.

You don't understand math and you are wrong. Go away.
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-08-16 07:13:41
Link | Citer | R

All I can say is, while I want to agree with you, the laws of probability are heavily against what I have experienced over the last ten years on this game. So I developed this theory on it, which could account for such wide variance. I am not judging this based on what one would consider a small sample size, rather the tens of thousands of synths I have done over the years. I wish I had records of it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-08-16 07:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Raistlinmaj said: »
I wish I had records of it.

If you don't have records of it, you can't judge ***based on it. It's not about proving it to us, it's about the fact that you're drawing conclusions from a dataset you admit you yourself don't even have.

You're just another whiny *** who exaggerates every rate because they want to pretend something is screwing them over and they're oh so unique and unlucky on the internet.
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-08-16 10:49:35
Link | Citer | R

I never said I was unique. But seriously, what is your problem? I never said anything to attempt to offend anyone. Just venting my frustration. You can call that whining if you like, I couldn't care less, but keep your bashing to yourself.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-16 11:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-08-16 11:08:41
Link | Citer | R

I wish I could buy Luck in crafting with Escha silt. ^^
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-08-16 11:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Eh, meant to paste a pic of a T-shirt, it reads:

NERD IS THE NEW SEXY!!!

but I digress...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-08-16 12:32:55
Link | Citer | R

This one time, I lost lot on Macha's Robe.

Years later, this one time, I lost lot on Twilight Mail.

So I developed this theory...
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-08-16 12:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Way to over exaggerate there. But then people are assuming I am also exaggerating, so i guess that is to be expected.