Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 42 43 44
By volkom 2014-10-17 13:18:22
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
You guys really have no idea how badly I wish we could vote Obama to a third term just to see Nausi and his ilk just spontaneous combustly with venomous rage.

I want that so badly.

please no.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-17 13:18:34
Link | Citer | R

You guys really have no idea how badly I wish we could vote Obama to a third term just to see Nausi and his ilk just spontaneous combustly with venomous rage.

I want that so badly.

I would not disappoint I promise.

By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 13:33:28
Link | Citer | R

probably be closer to this:

By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 13:36:51
Link | Citer | R

wormfeeder said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
<rolls eyes>
Forget it logic and common sense doesn't work.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-17 14:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Some of the posters in this thread are infected with Ebola...

...cause some these posts are making my eyes bleed.
[+]
By maldini 2014-10-17 14:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Ebola is in the US?
By volkom 2014-10-17 14:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

you have the symptoms. quick eat loads of bacon
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-10-17 14:28:49
Link | Citer | R

maldini said: »
Ebola is in the US?
Experts: Ebola Vaccine At Least 50 White People Away
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-17 14:39:10
Link | Citer | R

British vs. (slightly overcooked) American bacon.

My preference:

Thick-cut bacon, preferably baked, not fried. You get the marvelous crisp outside with a little chew to it, and it hasn't bathed in its own grease that way.
Æbleflæsk.
By volkom 2014-10-17 14:44:15
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-17 15:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Gah! You people and your bacon! Amateurs!

Bacon-wrapped shrimp and jalapenos with sharp cheddar or cream cheese onry!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-17 16:03:44
Link | Citer | R

"I lol'ed."
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-17 16:18:01
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 23:23:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

"I lol'ed."
me too
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-18 00:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Bacon!!!!!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 00:13:49
Link | Citer | R

wrap
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2014-10-18 01:10:54
Link | Citer | R

People everywhere I look said: »
PANIC PANIC PANIC EBOLA PANIC DISEASE PANIC RABBLE RABBLE OUTBREAK SARS AIDS BIRD FLU PANIC TERRORISTS DEATH PANELS THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IT IS FALLING

[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-18 01:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Same.
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

It is amazing how changing a single vowel, precisely placed, can alter the entire meaning of a sentence.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-10-18 02:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
People everywhere I look said: »
PANIC PANIC PANIC EBOLA PANIC DISEASE PANIC RABBLE RABBLE OUTBREAK SARS AIDS BIRD FLU PANIC TERRORISTS DEATH PANELS THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IT IS FALLING

Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-18 21:35:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

All of the posts are giving me headache. It's a bunch of finger pointing. Very few people taking accountability and many circumventing the big issues.

Here’s Who’s Blaming Who for Ebola

Quote:
The Ebola crisis in Texas has resulted in the death of one patient, the infection of two health care workers, and an endless round of finger-pointing—all of which is yielding a flurry of conflicting news accounts and a very confused public.

Here’s a rundown of who has been blaming who, and when.

The player: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Who they’re blaming: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, an infected nurse, and the CDC itself

CDC Director Tom Frieden on Sunday blamed a “breach in protocol” for allowing the infection of nurse Nina Pham.
Frieden admitted on Tuesday the CDC could have done more: “We did send some expertise in infection control but think in retrospect, with 20-20 hindsight, we could have sent a more robust hospital infection control team, and been more hands on at the hospital on day one about exactly how this [case] should be managed. We will do that from now on any time we have a confirmed case.”
Frieden, commenting on the infection of the second nurse, Amanda Joy Vinson, said: “She should not have flown on [a plane].”
But a CDC spokesman later explained to TIME that the agency had actually asked Vinson to travel: As officials widened the net of people who needed to be monitored, Vinson was in Ohio and the CDC told her to go back to Dallas. Her temperature was 99.5°F, the spokesperson said. “Most doctors would call that a slight temperature, not a fever,” he said. “At that point, she was asked by CDC to come back to Dallas so she could be monitored, and she came back.”

The player: Dallas nurse Amber Joy Vinson
Who they’re blaming: The CDC

Vinson said she was cleared by the CDC for travel, which a spokesman later confirmed. She traveled to Cleveland to plan her wedding.

The player: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital
Who they’re blaming: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital and National Nurses United

The hospital originally released Thomas Eric Duncan, the first patient diagnosed in the U.S., who later died. Later, after his diagnosis, the hospital offered a number of reasons for not treating him immediately. At first, the hospital said a computer glitch was responsible for his travel history not being communicated to staff, and then said a nurse did not provide Duncan’s travel history to a physician. Finally, the hospital admitted it made a mistake.
The hospital refuted claims from a nurses’ union that nurses weren’t adequately trained: “The assertions [of National Nurses United] do not reflect actual facts learned from the medical record and interactions with clinical caregivers. Our hospital followed the Centers for Disease Control guidelines and sought additional guidance and clarity.”

The player: Doctors Without Borders

A Doctors Without Borders representative questioned the CDC’s preparation in the New York Times: “I’ve seen the CDC poster. It doesn’t say anywhere that it’s for Ebola. I was surprised that it was only one set of gloves, and the rest bare hands. It seems to be for general cases of infectious disease.”

The player: Emory University Hospital

Sean G. Kaufman, who oversaw infection control at Emory University Hospital, told the New York Times that the CDC’s guidelines are “absolutely irresponsible and dead wrong,” and that he tried to warn that they were not stringent enough and “they kind of blew me off. I’m happy to see they’re changing them, but it’s late.”

The player: National Nurses United
Who they’re blaming: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, the CDC

A statement from the union cites “confusion” and “frequently changing policies and protocols” at the hospital: “No one knew what the protocols were or were able to verify what kind of personal protective equipment should be worn and there was no training.”
RoseAnn DeMoro, the union’s head, contested the CDC’s claim that nurses didn’t follow protocol: “The protocols that should have been in place in Dallas were not in place, and that those protocols are not in place anywhere in the United States as far as we can tell.”

The player: Republicans
Who they’re blaming: Frieden, an open border, Democrats, President Barack Obama

Mitt Romney, the 2012 presidential candidate: “Look this administration couldn’t run the IRS right, and it apparently isn’t running the CDC right. And you ask yourself what is it going to take to have a president who really focuses on the interests of the American people.”
Republican Rep. Thom Tillis, a Senate candidate in North Carolina: “Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve got an Ebola outbreak, we have bad actors that can come across the border. We need to seal the border and secure it.”
New Hampshire Senate candidate Scott Brown addressing his opponent’s record: “I think it’s naive to think that people aren’t going to be walking through here who have those types of diseases and/or other types of intent, criminal or terrorist. And yet we do nothing to secure our border. It’s dangerous. And that’s the difference. I voted to secure it. Senator Shaheen has not.”

The player: Democrats
Who they’re blaming: Republicans

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, in an ad targeting GOP congressional candidates: “Republicans voted to cut CDC’s budget to fight Ebola.”

The player: Dallas Nurse Briana Aguirre
Who they’re blaming: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital

Aguirre told NBC that she “can no longer defend [her] hospital at all.” She said infection control was far too lax, waste was not properly taken care of, and the hospital didn’t provide any mandatory education or information about Ebola outside of an optional seminar before Thomas Eric Duncan arrived at the hospital.

They player: National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins
Who they’re blaming: Budget cuts, Congress

“NIH has been working on Ebola vaccines since 2001. It’s not like we suddenly woke up and thought, ‘Oh my gosh, we should have something ready here,'” Collins told The Huffington Post. “Frankly, if we had not gone through our 10-year slide in research support, we probably would have had a vaccine in time for this that would’ve gone through clinical trials and would have been ready.”
By Altimaomega 2014-10-18 22:02:05
Link | Citer | R

Looks like everyone is just taking a cue from our..........

[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-19 13:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Well i think both parties are out of line. Republicans shouldn't be using this ammunition against Obama but rather looking at this as a consequence of lack of regulation.

Democrats need to stop saying republicans are overreacting. They are circumventing the main issue. Rather than trying to remedy the situation they are just mocking the republican party. They are completely avoiding the issue that the CDC is being criticized by numerous health professional groups.

The CDC shouldn't be immune criticism. It wasn't immune to criticism during Reagan's administration and neither should it be immune during Obama's administration.
By Altimaomega 2014-10-19 18:54:00
Link | Citer | R

In case you haven't notice the entire government acts the way the CDC is acting and thinks it is immune to criticism.

People are staring to notice, hopefully enough.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/19/us-usa-politics-obama-idUSKCN0I80V320141019

Quote:
President Barack Obama made a rare appearance on the campaign trail on Sunday with a rally to support the Democratic candidate for governor in Maryland, but early departures of crowd members while he spoke underscored his continuing unpopularity.

This happened in democrat land as well. lol...
By Jetackuu 2014-10-19 22:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Well i think both parties are out of line. Republicans shouldn't be using this ammunition against Obama but rather looking at this as a consequence of lack of regulation.

Democrats need to stop saying republicans are overreacting. They are circumventing the main issue. Rather than trying to remedy the situation they are just mocking the republican party. They are completely avoiding the issue that the CDC is being criticized by numerous health professional groups.

The CDC shouldn't be immune criticism. It wasn't immune to criticism during Reagan's administration and neither should it be immune during Obama's administration.
To the bold: I like how you label that, but I take everything unions say with a grain of salt.

When you get some criticism from groups of doctors and or say the WHO then it will actually matter, until then everyone is overreacting and pandering.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 22:42:27
Link | Citer | R

and it looks like Nigeria has the all-clear, as so does most of the first Texas watch list.

Can we stop panicking about pointless ***now? or did somebody die in his bomb ebola shelter from lack of supplies/oxygen already?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-20 23:24:18
Link | Citer | R

I say let the entertainment continue. There was a bulletin at work today, what you need to know about ebola. Trashed.
By Enuyasha 2014-10-21 00:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I say let the entertainment continue. There was a bulletin at work today, what you need to know about ebola. Trashed.
We need a new african/muslim/brown skinned sounding disease, this ones boring now.

Something thatll make all the white fear just ESPLODE!
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-21 00:12:54
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
When you get some criticism from groups of doctors and or say the WHO then it will actually matter, until then everyone is overreacting and pandering.

You did get a group of physicians criticizing the cdc. Secondly nurses are healthcare professionals. Nursing and medicine are two very different fields, they both are very competent in epidemiology just in different ways.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-10-21 00:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Ebola hysteria: An epic, epidemic overreaction
When even CNN says people are overreacting, you know it's really over.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 42 43 44